Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (134810 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fidelo726: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2011
You have really progressed.
Thanks for the pictures.
praying that you beat the rain.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
Olaisrich:

Nice works! never knew building can be made simplified,that your labour cost is a plus,
weldone! this is really an online classroom!

Me too oh . . and these gentlemen have opened our eyes . . . . . .To God be all glory sha
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2011
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2011
@spdyer880. with your simplicity of handling your workers, for sure their will always work for u and this is one of the reason why u can beat any project becuase you have got a team that relies on you 24/7/12.

spdyer880 workers,, if u hear me soo , please treat am very well becuase job is scare nowdays,, and for u to have oga with alot of projects, that means that food dey for ur house all the time, grin grin grin grin grin.
KUDOS to u oga spdyer880. that rain wont come to you until all your foundations are set. the rain will come only when u needed them,
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Jul 05, 2011
rastaman20:

@spdyer880. with your simplicity of handling your workers, for sure their will always work for u and this is one of the reason why u can beat any project becuase you have got a team that relies on you 24/7/12.

spdyer880 workers,, if u hear me soo , please treat am very well becuase job is scare nowdays,, and for u to have oga with alot of projects, that means that food dey for your house all the time, grin grin grin grin grin.
KUDOS to u oga spdyer880. that rain wont come to you until all your foundations are set. the rain will come only when u needed them,

Thank you my brother, I love the attitude to work which those guys exhibit, they are so dedicated and obedient. Maybe you will see them in your site when we begin your house. grin
About rain, some nairaland guys are helping me to hold the rain, but Oga brabus will not like to hear this, (we shall talk in whispers so he wont hear we are holding the rains here.) cheesy
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by brabus(m): 11:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
Chei! See the people wey dey hold me to ransom - no problem. Rain, Rain ---
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ all, there are no pictures today as I didn't make it to the site, had to take madam to report at the NYSC orientation camp to do her registration. But work went on all through the day on site, my engineer who lives on this site called and told me they have now stood all the pillars, (05/07/2011)
forming of blocks is planned for tomorrow (06/07/2011)
while we plan to bring the blocks up to DPC level by friday, (07/07/2011)
we may be pouring concrete to fill the pillars to DPC level by Saturday (08/08/2011)
then filling will commence thereafter.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
brabus:

Chei! See the people wey dey hold me to ransom - no problem. Rain, Rain ---

grin grin and I thought we were talking in whispers wink
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 12:44am On Jul 06, 2011
spyder880:

@ all, there are no pictures today as I didn't make it to the site, had to take madam to report at the NYSC orientation camp to do her registration. But work went on all through the day on site, my engineer who lives on this site called and told me they have now stood all the pillars, (05/07/2011)
forming of blocks is planned for tomorrow (06/07/2011)
while we plan to bring the blocks up to DPC level by friday, (07/07/2011)
we may be pouring concrete to fill the pillars to DPC level by Saturday (08/08/2011)
then filling will commence thereafter.

It takes a real man to make all wait and take care of home first . . . really respect you for that
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2011
Wetin dey happen now . . . too quiet of late.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Wetin dey happen now . . . too quiet of late.

this has been happening grin

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2011
still more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2011
I am loving this
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by remcoface: 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2011
done ?forming of blocks is planned for tomorrow (06/07/2011)

great work you are doing smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Jul 06, 2011
this living room is as large as a football field, my engineer suggested we fit a bar at one corner, am sure the owner of this house will be reading this, please send me a mail to my inbox if you will love a bar added to one corner of your living room.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2011
remcoface:

done ?forming of blocks is planned for tomorrow (06/07/2011)

great work you are doing smiley smiley smiley smiley

As I was typing this yesterday, I had no idea that some of my workers crossed over to this site and joined my engineer, they formed the blocks yesterday, (I didn't go to the site yesterday). They helped to bring the job to the level it is now.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
We are planning to cast the pillars up to German floor levels by tomorrow and filling can commence on Friday.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 10:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
I am so glad to see that things are moving on as planned . . . . .

If no money delay, how long do you think will take to finish this home?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Jul 06, 2011
Cost updates

A total of 775 blocks were laid in this foundation at N25 per block, N19375
The labour guys that helped the bricklayers to lay blocks for the 2 days took N7,600
The guys that stood the pillars yesterday poured 7 bags of cement at N400 each = N2800
There were 2 masons to dress it N2000 day pay x 2 men = N4000
water fetchers from the well N200

We paid for a trip of gravel used in the foundation N22,000.00 (we need another trip tomorrow)
bought 10 1x12x12 planks 500 each N5000 (to be used to board the pillars)
4 bags of cement N1880 x 4 =7520

Total N68,495.00
This will bring the whole money spent thus far in this house to[b] N413,305.00[/b]
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by remcoface: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2011
spyder880:

As I was typing this yesterday, I had no idea that some of my workers crossed over to this site and joined my engineer, they formed the blocks yesterday, (I didn't go to the site yesterday). They helped to bring the job to the level it is now.

thanks for your response.
keep going God is with you.
looking forward to tomorrows pics and update.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 1:45am On Jul 07, 2011
@spyder880 . i am holding the rain in Enugu,
@barbus, be expecting rain as so as possible in Lagos, as i am writing you will soon see rain oooooo
KUDOS @ all for the job on this thread. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:27am On Jul 07, 2011
rastaman20:

@spyder880 . i am holding the rain in Enugu,
@barbus, be expecting rain as so as possible in Lagos, as i am writing you will soon see rain oooooo
KUDOS @ all for the job on this thread. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thank you my brother, the rains has been so merciful for this project, but I will need the rains next week to sink in the filling when it is done, by that time I will join brabus in prayers.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by brabus(m): 5:36am On Jul 07, 2011
@rastaman
"And so it rained" Let's go ramming.

@spyder, I was forced to make Majek Fashek my best artist to make rain come down.

Let's go german!!!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:43am On Jul 07, 2011
brabus:

@rastaman
"And so it rained" Let's go ramming.

@spyder, I was forced to make Majek Fashek my best artist to make rain come down.

Let's go german!!!

Congratulations my man for the good work you are doing.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by lookmangiw(m): 6:03am On Jul 07, 2011
spyder880:

Cost updates

A total of 775 blocks were laid in this foundation at N25 per block, N19375
The labour guys that helped the bricklayers to lay blocks for the 2 days took N7,600
The guys that stood the pillars yesterday poured 7 bags of cement at N400 each = N2800
There were 2 masons to dress it N2000 day pay x 2 men = N4000
water fetchers from the well N200

We paid for a trip of gravel used in the foundation N22,000.00 (we need another trip tomorrow)
bought 10 1x12x12 planks 500 each N5000 (to be used to board the pillars)
4 bags of cement N1880 x 4 =7520

Total N68,495.00
This will bring the whole money spent thus far in this house to[b] N413,305.00[/b]

Hello Spyder,Thanks for the good work.But there is an issue i will like to raise,though i'm not well learned in the field operation of construction,but that foundation i'm seeing in those photos looks more like strip foundation than the raft foundation.cos why on earth will a blockwork will be involved in raft foundation, then secondly,i'm currently helping someone out on his final year project,The Topic is " Problem of direct labour projects procured in lagos state", I will be glad if you can help concerning this cos i know you have had experience with direct labour.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by brabus(m): 6:17am On Jul 07, 2011
^^^Post UME question for Spyder!
Let the fun begin.

@lookmanigw, those blocks could easily pass for a raft in some areas o. Definitely, not in Lagos state or any area that's seriously water-logged. Its just like using stone and or rock to make your foundation.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by lookmangiw(m): 9:24am On Jul 07, 2011
Hello Brabus,How you side.thanks for giving me an insight to the question i asked spyder though i'm still waiting for spyder response, I have also gone through a thread of your were you are building your home yourself, That is also a direct labour approach, I will want you to please help me with the problems of direct labour system you encounter why you were constructing, I will be waiting for your response.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2011
Signing in to Learn more for another day
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by blank(f): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2011
Didnt know it was possible to build a house so fast.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2011
blank:

Didnt know it was possible to build a house so fast.

Yes oh . . . So much good information on this threads
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Jussi(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2011
So there's still hope for young people aspiring to build a home for themselves and families. Nice job from Spyder088 and his crew, great comments from folks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.