Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,895 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy (47293 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2021
okoroemeka:
well, for a one year old marriage with no kids yet to be having problems about finance is pointing to a clear and present danger,if children comes with your present financial issues it may be a serious problem with high blood pressure thrown in for you,try and improve your sources to be making money because as long as I can see that is the only problem you have,don't expect your wife to be footing your bills without an attitude,that is how they do and pls don't reject her food it will only make matters worse,I am now married for 21 years and I have been in your shoes and seen how it can pinch,just rethink,restrategize and think out of the box how to improve your finance and you will see your problems fade away.

Married for 21 years..

Omo.. senior men dey this nairaland shey..
Sir good morning o..

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Dalil8: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2021
lomprico:

your wife not gotten pregnant yet is God's doing. imagine you have a kid now with the present situation? Go and eat that food u left, apologise to your wife for that. Talk to her about the financial crunch. Your marriage is ordained by God. Everything will be alright.

Spits... Na all this kind stupid advise dey make all these women dey misbehave.

I no blame una sha, some of una grow up listening to only ur mothers. Dem don brain wash una finish.

When ur woman do wrong abeg no let am slide. Make sure she apologize, then punish am. No dey apologize for problem wey she cause.

She no fit ever respect you if u dey always apologize even when na she fvck up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by aAK1(m): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:
We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

I took a loan from my place of work and we started the business for over 2 months now. The issue now is that, I don't always have cash on me anymore. Any little money I got it's for the business. Basically, we mostly feed from the business.

Yesterday, after we returned home, she started giving me attitude, I asked her what the issue was, she started telling me how I am killing the business, not taking good care of her, not having money to take care of her and all sort of rubbish, she brought out how incompetent I am as a husband and what have you. I never said a word to reply her and its eating me up seriously, I could not sleep the whole night. This is the person that I sacrificed a lot for. I was supposed a take a professional course this November, but because of her I had to postpone it.

Please I need your advice.

PS: I did not eat the food she prepared last night.
bro. It’s a good thing you don’t have kids yet. Don’t ever in your life sacrifice your self development for any woman o. Especially an ingrate. You will continually sing this song of regret.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by omoharry(f): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2021
FiverrTutor:

I tell you my brother. It's so so annoying. All Nigerian women care about is looking for an unfortunate man to take care of all their needs.
All Nigerian women? stop the stereotype.There are so many women out there that are footing major bills in the house and pushing the home front, without anyone one knowing it. They are good wives and most times cover up for thier husbands, who dont have a job or a better paying one. Stop demonizing all women.There are so many women out there that are pulling the weight of the family without society knowing about it.

8 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by ariesbull: 8:46am On Nov 19, 2021
KillamanJoe:
I feel for you my brother. That’s why I advise my friends not to rush into marriage if you cannot comfortably take care of two ppl. May I ask, is she a graduate? Why can she not apply for jobs. Before I got married to my wife l, we made sure we worked her nysc to Lagos and I drove her to almost all the interviews she had and she finally got a job. By the time we got married, I collected her cv and started sending to better companies and she’s now earning well and doesn’t disturb me for 1 naira. I’m even sure her salary pass my own sef. What I’m saying is, if the business is too hard for her, dust her cv and look for job. Except she’s not a graduate. One more thing , forget about kids for now. Trust me they are more expensive than adult.
some women domt have the capacity to deliver and that is what it is
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by 1bunne4lif(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2021
MadamVanessa:
shocked

It's not always right to judge from one sided story, i wish i can hear what your wife have say as regards to the story on ground, so i can give my judgement objectively without being biased.
WAKA GO OP HOUSE

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by geelite(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2021
shes now telling you how incompetent you are. women sha. this is marriage. for better for worse grin grin grin... no be boyfriend and girlfriend issue

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by sammirano: 8:46am On Nov 19, 2021
Remove money from marital issues and you have solved 80% of the problems
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by vickydevoka(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
The truth is a business that started 2months ago had not grown enough for you to start eating from it. It will run down in a week. Remember each time one goes to the market to restock, prices of goods are never the same. The amount you buy vegetable oil today is not the same amount you will buy it next week. Which means even with the little profit you thought you made, you will still not have enough to restock talk.more or buying extra things for the house. Someone who's starting a business for the first time will find it very hard to make it because the business is still in it's infant stage.
Your wife knows what's she's experiencing and you should understand with her. If you people eat off the 2montjs old business, then be rest assured it will close down soon and that's why your wife is seeing. Things are really hard.
Madam calm down! What is. Worrying you is women supporting women syndrome. It's natural in ur blood. Imagine say na de man start de business, n de wife come chop something. I get sisters, if de husband collect groundnut u go see fight that dey, him must pay. Buh me way be him brother go carry coke n bread she go de smile. Women worst enemy is her husband. Man will be thinking his wife loves him until he loses his source of income, dats when he will know he is an enemy to his wife. (Not all women behave like that. I have a sister that can die for her jobless husband)

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by RockyEyo(m): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:
We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

I took a loan from my place of work and we started the business for over 2 months now. The issue now is that, I don't always have cash on me anymore. Any little money I got it's for the business. Basically, we mostly feed from the business.

Yesterday, after we returned home, she started giving me attitude, I asked her what the issue was, she started telling me how I am killing the business, not taking good care of her, not having money to take care of her and all sort of rubbish, she brought out how incompetent I am as a husband and what have you. I never said a word to reply her and its eating me up seriously, I could not sleep the whole night. This is the person that I sacrificed a lot for. I was supposed a take a professional course this November, but because of her I had to postpone it.

I'll say you made a mistake that needs you to correct ASAP

> The loan taken for business should be treated with seriousness not with emotions
> The business is supposed to pay for the loan and not your salary (hence the need for you to think deeply before venturing into any business)
> Let your woman know your financial capability ( Stop hiding your pay cheque)
>Let her know that it a together thing and not a one sided affair to run the home

basically i know if you calm down enough you'll know the exact steps to take, just go easy and take it a step per time..... ROME they say was never built in a day
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Elsueno: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2021
undecided
I don't why some women are so ungrateful...a man will sometimes give his last card to his wife & spend his time frugally, but he would still be looked down upon..

Marriage ain't worth it at all undecided

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by micseyi(m): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2021
Nicely said. Oil dey your head Sir
silvoclaira:
@Op I feel for you and the family. Things are really expensive out here and money nor reach.

https://www.nairaland.com/6853192/inflation-women-please-pity-husbands

Please just take it easy on your wife. The pressure on you is the same kind of pressure on her too.

Things are really hard this times in Nigeria, so we only have to be patient and try absorbing all the shocks okay.

I believe you are a good man, your wife is a good woman.

If She is into business which is a daily thing so she should know how tough things are today so you both can work it out better, you both should have a honest discussion of what os on ground today.

Lastly try and be in your best mind and shape, eat food. Take care of yourself and be healthy.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by uuzba(m): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2021
MadamVanessa:
shocked

It's not always right to judge from one sided story, i wish i can hear what your wife have say as regards to the story on ground, so i can give my judgement objectively without being biased.
The OP is not serious.
You married just only 1 year and you are complaining.
The time before you married, shey the girl was going her own way? You are the one that was toasting up and down. Baby, I will do this, baby I will do that. You gave her false impression of yourself.
Now, baby done dey ask you for this and that and you don't have power to do anything.
If she born pikin now, the 3 of you will suffer.
-
The least thing OP can do is not come here and complain about his wife.
He definitely requires a good source of income instead of blaming his wife for anything else.
The sooner he humble himself and go out there to look for it, the better.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by emmanuelbrown26: 8:48am On Nov 19, 2021
MadamVanessa:
shocked

It's not always right to judge from one sided story. I wish i can hear what your wife have to say as regards to the story on ground, so i can give my judgement objectively without being biased.
Op they have come, she is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by SALIMAN(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2021
That's a woman for you bro, even if you provid3 everything it will still be enough for them , just be patient she will couple back , it's norm,
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by joyandfaith: 8:48am On Nov 19, 2021
Davash222:

A man will kneel and beg a woman to marry him
Same man will still pay bride price
Same man will still train and set up the woman

Just for procreation

We need to revisit and readjust some ethics in this institution called marriage.

It is stupid men that kneel down to marry women.
Payment of bride price is ok.
Parents shouid train their daughters or set up business for them, not their husbands.
That is my philosophy.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by ariesbull: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2021
omoharry:
All Nigerian women? stop the stereotype.There are so many women out there that are footing major bills in the house and pushing the home front, without anyone one knowing it. They are good wives and most times cover up for thier husbands, who dont have a job or a better paying one. Stop demonizing all women.There are so many women out there that are pulling the weight of the family without society knowing about it.
I agree with you... We have good wives out there and that is the truth

It is not good to generalise
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by emmanuelbrown26: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2021
Davash222:

Just for procreation

We need to revisit and readjust some ethics in this institution called marriage.
u have said it all baba, all these stress are only for procreation which a man can get without nuch stress and hasle.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by sizer07: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2021
Davash222:

Just for procreation

On point bro. Just for procreation,companionship and noting. Mbok I tire oh
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by ariesbull: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2021
joyandfaith:

It is stupid men that kneel down to marry women.
Payment of bride price is ok.
Parents shouid train their daughters or set up business for them, not their husbands.
That is my philosophy.

You are making sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by gassbee: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:

Being deducted from my salary monthly
did u stop her from working from d on set
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Csami(m): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2021
Lol! And Here I am telling myself, you need to get off market
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by HRMK: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2021
[quote author=distinguish post=107755650]We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

Yesterday, after we returned home, she started giving me attitude, I asked her what the issue was, she started telling me how I am killing the business, not taking good care of her, not having money to take care of her and all sort of rubbish, she brought out how incompetent I am as a husband and what have you. I never said a word to reply her hmmm......ur still learning the rope!u will get over it!no woman is ever satisfied but keeping off her meals is like petrol added to fire!
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by uuzba(m): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2021
Elsueno:
undecided
I don't why some women are so ungrateful...a man will sometimes give his last card to his wife & spend his time frugally, but he would still be looked down upon..

Marriage ain't worth it at all undecided
Is it not the man that use his prick to go and find the girl and marry?
She dey on her own dey manage herself and the man said, I must marry you.
You don marry now and you no get money to finance the woman.
The woman is complaining about you. And you are angry and complaining that she is complaining about you!
Abeg, go and look for work and money.
Once those are got, all these complaints will stop.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by SunTzu123(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2021
Dear OP. It is ok for you to get angry and refuse to eat her food. It should be temporary though.
1. The truth is a new business requires consistent funding for up to three years or more if it has to grow.
2. Since it's just two of you now, manage to hold the family with your salary and as much as possible, let the business grow. (I'm assuming she is managing it diligently.
3. What you are experiencing is normal for most marriages. Not meant to scare you but you need to start putting your feet down from now else it will be too late!.
4. Since you are growing a family business, both of you MUST develop the habit of budgeting. Once you agre on what to spend, stick to it no matter what!. You must be firm but not brutish about it.
5. Take charge now by letting her know why you must not expend beyond certain limits and stick to it. By the time she realises you are a man of purpose and decision, she will gradually key in.
6. You must ensure the business is being run prudently. Take a course in accounting and small business management and get her to do same. (Free on YouTube)
7. You need to show leadership. That's what she is yearning for. Things are not easy but with a firm purpose and a clear roadmap, progress will come gradually.
8. Again, take charge of your home now otherwise, the dangerous journey of regret will set in and it will only end in ruins.
9. Don't ever regret marrying her. Seek solutions to any issues. (Issues plenty for life o!)

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by angelfallz(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2021
Is the wife taking it easy on him?

You people sometimes just type nonsense.

silvoclaira:
@Op I feel for you and the family. Things are really expensive out here and money nor reach.

https://www.nairaland.com/6853192/inflation-women-please-pity-husbands

Please just take it easy on your wife. The pressure on you is the same kind of pressure on her too.

Things are really hard this times in Nigeria, so we only have to be patient and try absorbing all the shocks okay.

I believe you are a good man, your wife is a good woman.

If She is into business which is a daily thing so she should know how tough things are today so you both can work it out better, you both should have a honest discussion of what os on ground today.

Lastly try and be in your best mind and shape, eat food. Take care of yourself and be healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Toluwanise247(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2021
phorget:
Make una no marry liability una no go hear...
Why should I be the one to set up a lady? What has her parents been doing? And such parents will still expect me to pay bride price o.
Ori complete... Men look for wahala too much why you go marry person way no get work...

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by A1money: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2021
A year in marriage is too early to be stressing yourself for child bearing plan your family business, go for medical checks with your wife and enjoy your marriage
distinguish:

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Verysmart101: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2021
MadamVanessa:
shocked

It's not always right to judge from one sided story. I wish i can hear what your wife have to say as regards to the story on ground, so i can give my judgement objectively without being biased.

But if it was the woman that complained,u would have started criticizing the man without hearing him out.Parsha madam u be

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by angelfallz(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2021
Me too. I don't see a faulty foundation.
iliyande:

I am not seeing a faulty foundation here
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by chenny360(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2021
Lol as young dude I am.. 27 years old. I'm married and I have a 6 month old boy. OP you have to know that if you don't give your woman money at least 3 times a week she would complain. Forget about opening business for her or if you have once given her money.. that's how all of them women are wired. Your continual staying together without given out often will means that you're stingy to the woman.. buy sleeping pills and sleep well bro.. don't think their matter. When you never marry them you'll think they are God sent. After you married 6 month above then you'll understand the real deal. Reasons why most men preferred baby mama.. stressed free.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by angelfallz(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2021
There is no faulty foundation.

Bola146:
Wahala in marriages especially when the foundation is faulty lipsrsealed undecided I'll never advise a idle lady to go into marriage, she must have something little to support her husband at home, she should learn a handiwork or business, instead of spending much on wedding, they can use it for her to start a business and do a low key wedding. If she can't understand your financial condition as an adult and how Nigeria economy is so bad now, I don't know what else she needs. Emotionally she might be disturbed for infertility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Man Storms His Ex-wife’s House To Retrieve The Car He Bought Her(Video) / 'I Want To Cheat On My Runaway Husband'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.