Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church (23955 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by colestephan86: 10:31am On Nov 21, 2021
Nahunger:
Many Christians have backslided from attending church service due to one reason or the other.

I am no here to judge, I only wish you can tell us your peculiar reason and hopefully someone might be here to advice you on what to do.

No one is perfect, we all learn from birth to death always have a open heart to the endless possibilities been alive.
The reason I have is cos , I observed that there are more mediocre in there.
Those that believe all things happen by miracle.
Why do u think there are more Muslim youths in handworks now than Christians, it's simple cos of their knowledge and what they have been thought, that billions will come by miracle, some liars with lane testimonies too don't help matter

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2021
FirmTR:
shocked

Because they do things contrary to what I read in the Bible.
because the Bible was mis translated initially and we are living in false information, the whole Bible is complicated, that’s why people can’t do what’s in it fully, or do you think 20th century life are the same with 21st century Our parents were full time swayed , like brainwashed to the highest order.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Ayomivic(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
When I found Islam

Coming from a weak islamic background attended a Catholic boarding sec Sch and it was compulsory to go to church on Sundays. Although some students were stubborn and refused to attend, but I was always an obedient person.
After attending church the 1st I liked it almost immediately. I soon started speaking in tongue as we were praying. The next Sunday I attended without being compelled to. That was how I started going to church. My elder sister was also a practising christianity as she always had her bible tucked under pillow alws.
I left that sch as I was always falling sick and my dad decided he had had enough.
Coming back home, my cousin back then was a student of uniben and was really into Islam. So he started introducing us to Islamic materials and it wasn't long before we (me and my elder sister and our entire family) became very convinced and embraced Islam wholeheartedly.

You still need to grow up in faith.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Shugafree(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2021
kjhova:
I was mid teen when I started to really questing the Bible, church and by extension, religion as a whole. My eager venture into my sciences triggered a reevaluation of the beliefs I held dear from childhood. So I asked a bucket load of questions which my church elders couldn't answer in any intelligent manner.

1) Who made God?
2) if there's a God, isn't that enough proof that there may be gods?
3) the universe is geologically older than the 6,000 years proposed by creation story?
4) how do you believe that snakes, donkeys etc have conversations with mentally healthy humans?
5) you do know that mental ailment is purely physical. How's Jesus healing by casting out demons?
6) what was the practical sense for Jesus turning water into alcoholic beverage at a party? To proof his messiahness or for show off?
7) Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Saul, David, Samuel etc seem to me like Hebrew supremacists and bigots who committed several acts of genocide and mass murder of innocent people. How are they saints?
cool Talking of Joshua. He stopped the sun from moving across the sky for 1 day? Are you crazy
9) If Bishop Oyedepo turned 1 shawarma into 2,000 basketful of shawarma in your presence, would you dare eat it? Is the Jesus story rational?
10) a whale had Jonah in it's digestive system for 3 days and he lived?
11) God and his arch enemy, Satan, really took a bet on Job leading to the killing of his 24 innocent children just to prove what point?!
12) God hardened pharaoh's heart, then ended up killing him and his soldiers for doing what same God hardened his heart to do!?
13) Moses had an israelite & his Medianite mistress murdered for breaking law on foreign women while he has a Medianite wife too??
14) Lot's wife turns into sodium chloride, all for looking back? Really??
15) specifically, why does a 33 years old guy have to be murdered for me to be saved? Saved from what, exactly?
16) Paul was a male chauvinist, and an usurper who never met Jesus. His conversion story seem more bullocks than credible.
17) what was the credentials for the "children" of israel being ordained as god's people and the rest of us, gentiles who must be wiped out to create "lebensraum" for the Hebrews?
18) creation story suggests that the stars hang in the "firmaments of the heavens" (AKA sky). That's easily debunked by any JSS1 Geography student!
19) who influenced David to conduct israel's 1st census? Kings said it was God. Chronicles said it was the Devil!
20) The crucifixion narrative of all 4 gospels don't rhyme! Either 3 are fade or they are all lies!
21) Give me biblical backing for having church denominations with papas and daddy and mummy GOs?
22) how's the bible creation story different from that of Odudua? Why do I have to accept theirs and reject mine?
23) when we do find proof of life outside this tiny blue planet of ours, would we need a "newest testament" to accommodate the expiration of the current one?

I got disillusioned with church before turning 18 years. One required a certain level of brain emptiness to find meaning in there.
grin
kjhova:
I was mid teen when I started to really questing the Bible, church and by extension, religion as a whole. My eager venture into my sciences triggered a reevaluation of the beliefs I held dear from childhood. So I asked a bucket load of questions which my church elders couldn't answer in any intelligent manner.

1) Who made God?
3) the universe is geologically older than the 6,000 years proposed by creation story?
4) how do you believe that snakes, donkeys etc have conversations with mentally healthy humans?
5) you do know that mental ailment is purely physical. How's Jesus healing by casting out demons?
6) what was the practical sense for Jesus turning water into alcoholic beverage at a party? To proof his messiahness or for show off?
7) Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Saul, David, Samuel etc seem to me like Hebrew supremacists and bigots who committed several acts of genocide and mass murder of innocent people. How are they saints?
cool Talking of Joshua. He stopped the sun from moving across the sky for 1 day? Are you crazy
9) If Bishop Oyedepo turned 1 shawarma into 2,000 basketful of shawarma in your presence, would you dare eat it? Is the Jesus story rational?
11) God and his arch enemy, Satan, really took a bet on Job leading to the killing of his 24 innocent children just to prove what point?!
12) God hardened pharaoh's heart, then ended up killing him and his soldiers for doing what same God hardened his heart to do!?
13) Moses had an israelite & his Medianite mistress murdered for breaking law on foreign women while he has a Medianite wife too??
15) specifically, why does a 33 years old guy have to be murdered for me to be saved? Saved from what, exactly?
16) Paul was a male chauvinist, and an usurper who never met Jesus. His conversion story seem more bullocks than credible.
17) what was the credentials for the "children" of israel being ordained as god's people and the rest of us, gentiles who must be wiped out to create "lebensraum" for the Hebrews?
18) creation story suggests that the stars hang in the "firmaments of the heavens" (AKA sky). That's easily debunked by any JSS1 Geography student!
19) who influenced David to conduct israel's 1st census? Kings said it was God. Chronicles said it was the Devil!
20) The crucifixion narrative of all 4 gospels don't rhyme! Either 3 are fade or they are all lies!
21) Give me biblical backing for having church denominations with papas and daddy and mummy GOs?
22) how's the bible creation story different from that of Odudua? Why do I have to accept theirs and reject mine?
23) when we do find proof of life outside this tiny blue planet of ours, would we need a "newest testament" to accommodate the expiration of the current one?

I got disillusioned with church before turning 18 years. One required a certain level of brain emptiness to find meaning in there.

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by ictplotter(m): 10:38am On Nov 21, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
When I found Islam

Coming from a weak islamic background attended a Catholic boarding sec Sch and it was compulsory to go to church on Sundays. Although some students were stubborn and refused to attend, but I was always an obedient person.
After attending church the 1st I liked it almost immediately. I soon started speaking in tongue as we were praying. The next Sunday I attended without being compelled to. That was how I started going to church. My elder sister was also a practising christianity as she always had her bible tucked under pillow alws.
I left that sch as I was always falling sick and my dad decided he had had enough.
Coming back home, my cousin back then was a student of uniben and was really into Islam. So he started introducing us to Islamic materials and it wasn't long before we (me and my elder sister and our entire family) became very convinced and embraced Islam wholeheartedly.
I was a member of st Patrick catholic church in ugbowo. Benin city. It doesn't make any sense to me, why willl they go and buy mary and jesus image mounded with clay n trade by shopping ritual mall and place it within the church n people will go n bow and pray unto those satanic man made image called holy Mary and her son jesus.
So when i got admission into uniben, i hav a devoted muslim friend, who invited me to participate in their mssn uniben jihad week. Im glad i never reject the opportunity. Through then i saw the beauty n simplicity of Islam as a perfect way of life, Both in this world and hereafter. forget those media Islamophobia blackmailing . I accepted Islam and my life became balanced. Thanks to brother AbdulRasheed jatto and many others and uniben mssn.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 10:41am On Nov 21, 2021
seunmsg:
I stopped going to church since 2010 when I realized I wasn’t really getting anything out of the time and resources I was investing in churches. All the church could offer is false hope and faux morality that the owners of the church don’t even subscribe to.

Losing my BankPHB job in 2009 also played a significant role in my loss of faith in religion. I prayed, fasted and even sowed seed not to lose the job but I lost it anyway. So, there was no point continuing in a venture that obviously doesn’t work. And to be honest, I am far better off now than my church going days.
my brother you even realized late... religion is scam!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by ictplotter(m): 10:47am On Nov 21, 2021
rollywise:

Keep running from truth. Is there any church where they teach robbery, fornication, killing and all the many vices It is your heart that chose to focus on the unnecessary and leave the cogent. Pastor cannot stop both good and bad from coming to church. You come to church and a phone is stolen by some bad ones and you say you will never come to church again. For such who do evil in God's hose, God said in the last day he will separate the wheat from grain. The Bible says we should not forsake the gathering of the brethren.
What is this one saying? The biggest hoes n prostitutes today are found in the church. Thieves are being celebrated because of their riches in churches today. People are being killed everyday and body buried in church premises to boom the church activities. Etc

7 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Solofresh2: 10:47am On Nov 21, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
the fear of hell disappeared when i realised your heaven and hell is here on earth. so i embraced spirituality so as to create my heaven here on earth, and abandoned religion which is another layer of shackles here on earth
This one choke me oo boss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Drefaithful(m): 10:48am On Nov 21, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
When I found Islam

Congratulations for tracing your step back to the right track.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Ovo200: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
When I found Islam

Hello man
You have been deceived
For you to know more about Islam go to YouTube and search for CHRISTIAN PRINCE, watch his videos and come back after three months to share how ugly Islam is

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by SundayOvuta1(m): 10:50am On Nov 21, 2021
ReacherSaidNoth:
Church is for the gullible and unthinking.
May God have mercy on you
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by TheOnlyUyai(f): 10:50am On Nov 21, 2021
No interest.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Ovo200: 10:50am On Nov 21, 2021
ictplotter:

I was a member of st Patrick catholic church in ugbowo. Benin city. It doesn't make any sense to me, why willl they go and buy mary and jesus image mounded with clay n trade by shopping ritual mall and place it within the church n people will go n bow and pray unto those satanic man made image called holy Mary and her son jesus.
So when i got admission into uniben, i hav a devoted muslim friend, who invited me to participate in their mssn uniben jihad week. Im glad i never reject the opportunity. Through then i saw the beauty n simplicity of Islam as a perfect way of life, Both in this world and hereafter. forget those media Islamophobia blackmailing . I accepted Islam and my life became balanced. Thanks to brother AbdulRasheed jatto and many others and uniben mssn.

When will you go to Mecca to kiss the black stone in the shape of a vagina?
Or you believe Allah will give you 72 virgins in hell
For you to be saved from the deciets of Allah go to YouTube and watch Christian prince videos

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Allah created Adam when He had to create him and He struck his right shoulder and there emitted from it white offspring as if they were white ants. He struck his left shoulder and there emitted from it the black offspring as if they were charcoal. He then said (to those who had been emitted) from the right (shoulder): For Paradise and I do not mind. Then He said to those (who had been emitted) from his left shoulder: They are for Hell and I do not mind.

Transmitted by Ahmad.
Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 38

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Ayomivic(m): 10:50am On Nov 21, 2021
Nahunger:
Many Christians have backslided from attending church service due to one reason or the other.

I am no here to judge, I only wish you can tell us your peculiar reason and hopefully someone might be here to advice you on what to do.

No one is perfect, we all learn from birth to death always have a open heart to the endless possibilities been alive.

Before I skipped church with silly excuses if I go today I will skip following week but now I realize how important it is to be in church every week.

Whenever I go to church the priest speaks as if he knows my problem and when I do something bad, that would be the area the preist would speak on as if he knows what I am thinking in my mind . I can now see that God speaks to his people

I also noticed that when ever I spent much time in the present of God or I do his work or attending church program or meeting. When I go back to my place of work . God always surprising me . I had learned that it is my duty to do that of God first and leave the rest to him. I had learned to stop worried about life as God have plan for me.

Iam planning on how to attend morning mass every single day. May the good Lord help me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by rollywise(m): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2021
ictplotter:

What is this one saying? The biggest hoes n prostitutes today are found in the church. Thieves are being celebrated because of their riches in churches today. People are being killed everyday and body buried in church premises to boom the church activities. Etc

We have you chosen to see only the wrong things?, Are you feeling guilt generalising? Is something in your heart not telling you you not being truthful accusing the whole body of Christ? Is something in your heart not really telling there are many churches and Christians that make a difference? Would you blame the church that there are few devils in it? Search your heart before you answer me
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:56am On Nov 21, 2021
I only pray to my creator

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by bluefilm: 10:58am On Nov 21, 2021
Total lack of interest.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by deebrownneymar: 11:00am On Nov 21, 2021
Lazy to go out. If not for money I won’t be going to work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Das1mama: 11:00am On Nov 21, 2021
Rushur:
I dey church now so wetin u dey talk ?
How can u be in church and at the same time on Nairaland? guy stop deceiving yourself and don't be deceived. God can never be mocked

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by TheOnlyUyai(f): 11:00am On Nov 21, 2021
Pedrokush:
Mountain of fire... unnecessary prayers...die by fire Everytime

Dey cast and bind who no dey even send you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by peacettw: 11:02am On Nov 21, 2021
When I realised that it was completely preposterous to think that we are the only beings in the universe. And while I believe implicitly that something far greater than us exists out there, I refuse to believe that it all boils down simply to what is in the Holy book.

In summary, we all should learn to treat others how we want to be addressed. That remains the only conceivable way we can live with each other on this planet.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by ictplotter(m): 11:03am On Nov 21, 2021
Ovo200:

When will you go to Mecca to kiss the black stone in the shape of a vagina?
Or you believe Allah will give you 72 virgins in hell
For you to be saved from the deciets of Allah go to YouTube and watch Christian prince videos

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Allah created Adam when He had to create him and He struck his right shoulder and there emitted from it white offspring as if they were white ants. He struck his left shoulder and there emitted from it the black offspring as if they were charcoal. He then said (to those who had been emitted) from the right (shoulder): For Paradise and I do not mind. Then He said to those (who had been emitted) from his left shoulder: They are for Hell and I do not mind.

Transmitted by Ahmad.
Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 38
Propagandist, ur hadith is fabricated. We are very well of those misquoted fabricated hadith. If think Islam is not perfect. Quotes from the Glorious QUR'AN, I challenge u. Not those ur personal writing up to spread propaganda and anti Islam .

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by DEMAGE(m): 11:03am On Nov 21, 2021
Am a Catholic, the reason why I reduced going to Church is because numerous offerings that sometimes that sometimes I don't have and I will feel humiliated

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 11:07am On Nov 21, 2021
kjhova:

1) Who made God?

24) why do so called God have to put the tree of Knowledge in the garden of eden when he already knows that the first man whom he created will disobey him and eat from it,
25) why would God even create a person in their own image and still won’t let them have knowledge what does he mean by own image and likeness And he intentionally created the serpent to deceive the woman so that they would die?
26) then what’s the Essence of driving them out of eden so that they wouldn’t eat from the tree of eternal life? Remember let’s say he made a mistake of putting up a decree that any person that ate from the tree of knowledge will die,now won’t they have to eat from the tree of eternal life to make amends otherwise what’s the essence of creating the tree in the first place
27) why did God not accept the offerings of Cain ,why does it have to be a competition?
28) who thought Cain how to kill since there was no death?, why wouldn’t God stop him?, rather waiting for him to kill so that he will banish him to go and marry who he haven’t created yet. He even gave him a mark so that no one would kill him , means he wanted to save a life... imagine this kind story.
29) after Cain and Abel, Adam and Eve begat Seth after 400 plus years, and probably Cain was wandering for all those years and waiting for them to give birth to other people so that he could marry seths daughters.
30) how possible is it for Adam to name all the animals like millions of species of animals both aquatic ones scattered over the oceans of the world and high mountain birds all over the world under a day sitting in the garden of eden.
There are too many more to mention!!!
Only the first chapter of the Bible is the reason to disbelieve every other trash that was written in it.
Like I said sorry for y’all who are carried away by the western world’s biggest scam called Christianity.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 11:11am On Nov 21, 2021
SundayOvuta1:

May God have mercy on you
And may you receive real sense from God.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2021
rollywise:

We have you chosen to see only the wrong things?, Are you feeling guilt generalising? Is something in your heart not telling you you not being truthful accusing the whole body of Christ? Is something in your heart not really telling there are many churches and Christians that make a difference? Would you blame the church that there are few devils in it? Search your heart before you answer me
oya take mic , tell me the good things in church

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by HEAVEN4444: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2021
Solofresh2:
This one choke me oo boss.
take tissue boss grin
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 11:14am On Nov 21, 2021
TheOnlyUyai:

Dey cast and bind who no dey even send you. cheesy
abi who no even exist

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by ictplotter(m): 11:17am On Nov 21, 2021
rollywise:

I don't know for other countries. But churches and christianity in Nigeria is pure business enterprise.
1. They register their churches with CAC like any other business enterprise or organization
2. They have their patents right, such as logo, vision, mission statement like any other business enterprise
3. They strategize to get more members just as any business enterprise will do to get more customers.
4. There is competition and rebranding among churches, just like any business enterprise in similar industry.
5. There is board members or trustees in churches, just like any business enterprise
6. Both churches and business enterprises declares annual profit and loss at any given financial year.
7. Just as we hav online services for business enterprise, we hav online worshipping for churches.
Etc.
So which one is few among them? Which church today in Nigeria can be exempted from the above list?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by PSVITA(m): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2021
Nwaotu10:
My church people are horribly presumptuous and the gossip there is vicious, just vicious!

They gossiped I always wear a pair of black trouser to church every Sunday. The gossip was malicious, but I laughed it off. I'm sure God will bless me with good job someday and this issue of having one multi-purpose black trouser will be a story to tell. Amen.

Where is your location?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2021
Thank you, father.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nwaotu10(m): 11:24am On Nov 21, 2021
PSVITA:

Where is your location?

Anambra state, sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Crossover Night @ All Saints Cathedral, Onitsha In Pictures / CAMA Act: CAN Failed In Its Watchdog Role - David Bamgbose / Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church During Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.