Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church (23968 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
Olarsview:

That's why you will let your light shine for others to see. Do it differently sir if you're convinced by the spirit of God.
Otherwise, you do it another's way.

You aren't getting the point. You are being used by the church. Well, most musicians started from the church. They use the church to harness their talents and they finally break out after becoming popular. Like a brother said, the church is like a social gathering for networking and showing off, others because of their problems only very few are there to serve God.

The Christian brothers are the most stingy set of people, I know a lot because those are the sets my parents wanted me to move with when I was younger.

The so-called wayward ones then are the real deal speaking from experience.

I still believe in God

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Polynek(m): 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
I go to church and I hv no plans to stop bcox after the priest finish preaching, I do my own will bcox I know wat is good Apart from the Bible.
I don't need the Bible to teach me wat is wrong or bad

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
SmartyPants:

I can confidently say you must come from Auchi side in Edo state.
What makes you come to this conclusion sir. I know it's because I said my cousin attended uniben then.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nwaotu10:

Amen.
You can aswell reward me with the least 1k make man take chop.
lmao... no be only 1k na here u go see say every Christian wicked pass buhari

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by iramure(m): 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
Martinez39s:
I stopped going to church when I observed that God is non-existent and the Bible is one big fabrication.
exactly my point

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Polynek(m): 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
Yungdav:

I wish I can drop voice note sincerely.
Type it we will understand
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by iramure(m): 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
OgunkeelAllMod:
Too many criminal forming pastors and GOs undecided
you garit

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Yungdav(m): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nahunger:

You have a point, I am in this category but I am scared because I don't know if non attendance makes someone a sinner.

My issue is dat most people here don't really know the reason why they're attending to church services and it's very unfortunate I must say.
May God help u all.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Polynek(m): 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
shegzbillionz:
not all talks should be countered, he is the only one that needs help lol.
I want to hear ur point of view about wat he said
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 12:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
iramure:
Churches are fruad most especially in Nigeria. Our leaders are deceiving us, the whole essence of religion is just mind control. Nothing is holy about the whole book called bible, it's just a collection of fictitious stories for references and control. Moreover, Nigerian pastors most especially the mega ones are the biggest criminals disturbing the psychology of of Nigeria with thier brain twisting messages for the purpose of gathering huge wealth off them..
Religion is the biggest fraud bedevling humanity
The earlier the populace knows this the better of everyone.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nahunger(m): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
Iyaebe:
I didn't stop but I've not been to church for sometimes now because I want to rest.Note:I'm a churchy girl,church is me.

Are you really a churchy girl iyaebe grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by NerdyAboki(m): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
Polynek:
I want to hear ur point of view about wat he said
check my previous comments, if you wanna know my stand
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Polynek(m): 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
femi4:
Not knowing the reason for going to Church is illiteracy in the spirit realm
U are still speaking in parables?
Can u go into details pls
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
Teerach:

They don't speak in tongues in catholic church.
I didn't say it was a Catholic church, I said it was a Catholic sch.
So I think it was a church program organised and managed by the senior students, because our deputy senior prefect then was a born again and he was the pastor of that very program.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ovo200:

Hello man
You have been deceived
For you to know more about Islam go to YouTube and search for CHRISTIAN PRINCE, watch his videos and come back after three months to share how ugly Islam is
I'm not really to go into this bro, I don't condemn other people's religion. Let us all respect one another's belief, simple

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nahunger:

Are you really a churchy girl iyaebe grin
Yes and I also preach,I'm an evangelist in the making
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by schoolboymatt(m): 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
daddytime:
Some Pastors can't hide/overcome their carnality treachery and hypocrisy.

This has caused a whole lot of damage which I hope they'd be able to explain on the day of judgement.

Their words, lifestyles, and deceit haven't helped in this case in the littlest bit.

Nope. Not everyone has the understanding enough to sieve through what to take from a pastor and what to discard while running your race and allowing him to God's judgement.

Most people are naturally easily swayed by what they see or hear.

This is where pastors need to understand the position they hold.

For me, I have become more mature and can now know what to take from a teaching, what to challenge for a better understanding, and what to discard as trash if the need be.

To this end, I have decided that I am going back to that old landmark.

Where I made a new commitment, to begin a fresh start.

Help me find my salvation, place a burden in my heart.

Oh Lord, take me back to that old landmark.

So, help me, God.

In answer to op's question.

I stopped churching because of a Pastor and his hypocrisy.

Modified:

I stopped going to church when the pastor won't stop mentioning my name in the course of every sermon and urging everyone else to be like and learn from me on how to be a "good Christian".

At this point in my life, every single penny I made from Monday until Saturday were usually recorded in my diary.

On Sunday morning, I'd add it all up and subtract the usual 10%, envelope it and voila...I dey go submit.

I'd also envelop some €50-100€ each in some other envelopes to distribute amongst some people I discovered weren't really doing much or meeting up financially in the church.

The problem I had with this was, my Pastor who'd sing my praises to the high heavens and urge congregants to aspire to be like me has never for a day dared to ask me:
(A) what do you do for a living?
(B) where do you work? Etc..

I was a fckking fraudster who would steal and wreck other people's lives and savings to play a good Christian in church and a pseudo-philantropist.

Even in my sins then, I could see through all the smokescreen and hogwash.

Na me advise myself by myself.

So shameful.

Abeg make una patronise me jare

wow!

this one strong o.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nahunger(m): 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
Iyaebe:
Yes and I also preach,I'm an evangelist in the making
Come and Preach to me ♥️
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by shegzbillionz(m): 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
Polynek:
the mumu man does not know there are no such as spirit realm, so top stressing yourself bro... he too is confused. So don’t expect him to detail what he self know absolutely nothing about

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nahunger(m): 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
Yungdav:

My issue is dat most people here don't really know the reason why they're attending to church services and it's very unfortunate I must say.
May God help u all.

You just took the words right out of my mouth.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
ictplotter:

I was a member of st Patrick catholic church in ugbowo. Benin city. It doesn't make any sense to me, why willl they go and buy mary and jesus image mounded with clay n trade by shopping ritual mall and place it within the church n people will go n bow and pray unto those satanic man made image called holy Mary and her son jesus.
So when i got admission into uniben, i hav a devoted muslim friend, who invited me to participate in their mssn uniben jihad week. Im glad i never reject the opportunity. Through then i saw the beauty n simplicity of Islam as a perfect way of life, Both in this world and hereafter. forget those media Islamophobia blackmailing . I accepted Islam and my life became balanced. Thanks to brother AbdulRasheed jatto and many others and uniben mssn.
Yes sir, we were partly Catholics when I was in primary sch. We (me and my elder sister) used to attend catechism with our neighbors kids who were our age mates.
I think am familiar with that name Jatto.
When we (me and my elder sister) converted to Islam we used to attend some of those Dawah Weekend in uniben. They were very very enlightening.
Happy for you bro

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Yungdav(m): 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
Polynek:
Type it we will understand

Brother my problem is dat am so lazy when it comes to typing long epistles on phone but here is my WhatsApp line +233 201008929 ,trust me as God helps me I'll be willing to answer any of ur questions or to clear ur confusion including anyone here who's interested to ask anything just add me up on WhatsApp with dat line above.
Notwithstanding, I will tell u one thing here dat ways of the supreme God is never & will never be the ways of a man including his reasonings, remember He said 'our wiseness is like foolishness where He the Almighty God is.( 1 corinthians 1 vs 18-25)
So as long as we remain mere mortals many things will continue to be mystery to us,I'll love to stop here for now ..thanks

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ayomivic:

You still need to grow up in faith.

You are absolutely correct sir. Very very correct sir
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nahunger:

Come and Preach to me ♥️
look for any Christ embassy church around you or you follow pastor Chris oyakhilome on YouTube. Where is your location?
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by ictplotter(m): 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
sonmvayina:

Really? I was a mass server in the church and CYON secretary for two terms in the church....I also went to uniben...
I was there during the era of rev. Father Patrick Ogbonwan. I heard he is late now, then his perish resident was at no 1 omorogbe street, few km away for the church. We all eating n wining there at father's house.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Dropsywill: 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2021
Good day. Nairaland family, I deal on quility boxers, I supply, retail,and direct consumers. Base in Abuja,call me Mtn or whatsapp 0803485141,call me Airtel 07087544515 pls petronise me.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by barragan: 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
kjhova:
I was mid teen when I started to really questing the Bible, church and by extension, religion as a whole. My eager venture into my sciences triggered a reevaluation of the beliefs I held dear from childhood. So I asked a bucket load of questions which my church elders couldn't answer in any intelligent manner.

1) Who made God?
2) if there's a God, isn't that enough proof that there may be gods?
3) the universe is geologically older than the 6,000 years proposed by creation story?
4) how do you believe that snakes, donkeys etc have conversations with mentally healthy humans?
5) you do know that mental ailment is purely physical. How's Jesus healing by casting out demons?
6) what was the practical sense for Jesus turning water into alcoholic beverage at a party? To proof his messiahness or for show off?
7) Moses, Joshua, Gideon, Saul, David, Samuel etc seem to me like Hebrew supremacists and bigots who committed several acts of genocide and mass murder of innocent people. How are they saints?
cool Talking of Joshua. He stopped the sun from moving across the sky for 1 day? Are you crazy
9) If Bishop Oyedepo turned 1 shawarma into 2,000 basketful of shawarma in your presence, would you dare eat it? Is the Jesus story rational?
10) a whale had Jonah in it's digestive system for 3 days and he lived?
11) God and his arch enemy, Satan, really took a bet on Job leading to the killing of his 24 innocent children just to prove what point?!
12) God hardened pharaoh's heart, then ended up killing him and his soldiers for doing what same God hardened his heart to do!?
13) Moses had an israelite & his Medianite mistress murdered for breaking law on foreign women while he has a Medianite wife too??
14) Lot's wife turns into sodium chloride, all for looking back? Really??
15) specifically, why does a 33 years old guy have to be murdered for me to be saved? Saved from what, exactly?
16) Paul was a male chauvinist, and an usurper who never met Jesus. His conversion story seem more bullocks than credible.
17) what was the credentials for the "children" of israel being ordained as god's people and the rest of us, gentiles who must be wiped out to create "lebensraum" for the Hebrews?
18) creation story suggests that the stars hang in the "firmaments of the heavens" (AKA sky). That's easily debunked by any JSS1 Geography student!
19) who influenced David to conduct israel's 1st census? Kings said it was God. Chronicles said it was the Devil!
20) The crucifixion narrative of all 4 gospels don't rhyme! Either 3 are fade or they are all lies!
21) Give me biblical backing for having church denominations with papas and daddy and mummy GOs?
22) how's the bible creation story different from that of Odudua? Why do I have to accept theirs and reject mine?
23) when we do find proof of life outside this tiny blue planet of ours, would we need a "newest testament" to accommodate the expiration of the current one?

I got disillusioned with church before turning 18 years. One required a certain level of brain emptiness to find meaning in there.

Actually many of your concerns are logically answerable. Don't get me wrong, they are genuine but I think they stem from misunderstanding.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by SmartyPants(m): 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
What makes you come to this conclusion sir. I know it's because I said my cousin attended uniben then.

Actually, it is because Estako West is one of the few places in Nigeria where Catholicism and Islam exist side by side strongly.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by IghravweIG(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
Well I have found the rastafari religion. I feel more connected to it and I can be my very self. I still go to church once in awhile though.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by femi4: 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
Polynek:
Oh! You need details

Your mission in Church is for the following reasons:

1. It was a command from God

2. To unite the body of Christ even as we worship God together.

3. Encourage one another and build our faith

4. Share with one another materials, spiritual knowledge and otherwise.
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by SeriouslySense(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
Wow, you have even studied it in Hebrew.

I tried learning some Hebrew and I am yet to learn as much as I want.

genkins:
When I did my research and realized that I know alot about Christianity and the scriptures more than even big pastors like adeboye, oyedepo, Sulaiman and Chris Oyakilome. I Do not think These guys even even know who God is.now atimes, I try to listen to thier preaching on TV or stream.. I will fall down and laugh at the nonsense they spew to thier followers.. Lol..
Study the Bible in its original language with the help of Greek and Hebrew scholars and the scales will fall off your eyes.
Infact, when I realized that God is not a Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

We Live in a 3D World. The Spirit World is 4D Plus. / Traders Beat 'Demons' Out Of Their Unsold Car Spare Parts In Lagos (Video) / Iginla Donates N10m To A Muslim Acid Victim, Sponsors Her To India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.