Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? (38604 Views)

Violence Breaks Out At APC Headquarters In Abuja / Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / David Mark Pays Buhari A Visit At The APC Headquarters In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Whitehorse: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2011
Thats why i said GEJ is too laid back. Even a goat, if pushed to the wall will definitely bite you!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Mbeki: 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2011
debrief08:

Then please arrest Atiku et all and successfully prosecute them, thats what good governments do, when you pull a stunt like this they get you and not just go about pointing fingers trying to blame others for your carelessness and total dullness in handling security

You don't just arrest them, they have to obtain evidence to arrest them at this moment. As they were not arrested when they made the statement, on what ground are gonna be arrested now!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by olapluto(m): 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2011
debrief08:

Then please arrest Atiku et all and successfully prosecute them, thats what good governments do, when you pull a stunt like this they get you and not just go about pointing fingers trying to blame others for your carelessness and total dullness in handling security
In a  country where the rule of law applies, alot of people would have been successfully prosecuted for crimes against the state. Unfortunately in Nigeria, these people seem to be in numbers from a particular tribe and any president that tries that will be accused of ethnic cleansing. However, in times like this, any use of decisive force will be justifiable. Just map out the location of the sect or MEND and send in a well loaded apache helicopter with a ruthless pilot on ogogoro to please clear them out. This is too much. Ashamed to go for lunch break because Nigeria is on TV and am not ready to answer questions from foreigners about how insecure my country has become
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Enosa1(m): 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2011
All nairalanders: Don't worry i am in control. I fact i am in charge.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by MaiSuya(m): 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2011
hopefully they will sit up now
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by vitality22(m): 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2011
It beats my imagination. If there could be bomb blast in a police headquarters and army barracks, then nowhere is safe again. God we commit ourselves into your care
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by asorocker: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2011
Weeks back same police was busy harrassing unarmed MASSOB members.

I hope GEJ doesn't end up like IRONSI, this is coming at a time the north west over maneuvered their party to get the speakership position initially zoned to the west and Obasanjo this morning passed a vote of no confidence in GEJ ( when the vultures circle you know there is a carcass in the waiting.)

If the bomb blast is not from MEND but BokoHaram then nigeria could be on its way to the mother of all civil wars.

You know what, the SS and SE and MB should start closing Ranks for any miscalculation by the Core North.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by passyjango(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2011
Mbeki:

ABUJA, June 16 (Reuters) - A suspected suicide bomber was killed and many vehicles were destroyed in an explosion at a police station in Nigeria's capital Abuja on Thursday, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said.

"A suicide bomber died in the incident and many vehicles were destroyed," a spokesman for NEMA told Reuters. "NEMA has successfully cordoned off the motorpark site of police headquarters where the explosion occurred"

(Reporting by Joe Brock)

http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFLDE75F15M20110616?feedType=RSS&feedName=nigeriaNews

So we have finally graduated into suicide bombing. This is a very serious and dangerous development. Suicide bombing is the holy grail of terrorism and we have finally reached that milestone. This is sad. Everyone should be security conscious from today, the guy next to you might actually be wearing a bomb,
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2011
Mbeki:

You don't just arrest them, they have to obtain evidence to arrest them at this moment. As they were not arrested when they made the statement, on what ground are gonna be arrested now!
Thats what the stupid IGP and NSA should be doing their jobs looking for evidence to arrest and prosecute them then instead of fueling stupid rumors to defend their stupit-y and cluelessness. Am tired of Atiku Babangida and Buhari being blamed for every bomb blast and crisis yet after so many deaths the clueless set of idio-ts cannot link them to any crime. That is their job they should shut up and work instead of talking tough and doing nada
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Shinor(m): 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2011
A lot of people here seem to know what our government doesn't or is that they know but refuse to act out of fear?
A group of people declared openly that they will make this nation ungovernable if they were not accomodated in the emerging order.
They were left out. Are they now carrying out what was once a threat?

This much I know is the plan.
1.Blow up Military and Police installations so that there is  widespread sense of helplessness and anarchy in the land.
2.Urge the military ( their accomplices in the military) to seize power.
3.Military seizes power and immediately orders new elections in 6 months time.

NOW WAIT FOR THE JOKER,

ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE JUST CONCLUDED ELECTIONS ARE BANNED FROM TAKING PART IN THE NEW ELECTION.

This then clears the way for our aggrieved friends to enter the race.

Just my thinking, I could very very wrong!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by oderemo(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2011
lot of you guys are being really silly!

Why were there no bomb blasts like this during Yaradua's time?

Why did these blasts start and intensify now that a non Northern is the president?

Do you think an average dirt poor, uneducated muslim (aka Almajiri) in Northern acts without EXPLICIT instructions?

Have you all so soon forgotten what Atiku et al said about making Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ?

Anyway, i dont blame the bombers, GEJ is too laid back! They would not have tried this nonsense with OBJ. Ask the people in Odi.
SHaarrraaaap there silly boyo
so this is now an ethnic fight, oh no, its religious, muslim against xtian.
when will government give us institutions that works,
when are we going to have a government in place that knows how to govern,
abeg leave yar a dua out of this, or is he still @ as.s. hole rock.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by dmonique: 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2011
mehn, !
wen wud all diz end, "terrorism",
cry cry shocked angry angry cry cry
9ja iz movin in da wrong direction,
pls help us Lord,
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by blacksta(m): 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2011
Welcome to the GEJ version of a New Nigeria - I wish you people all the best
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Iysayah(m): 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2011
A trend is set,
the nation will mourn, and new widows will weep.
the dead will bury its dead, when the dust clears.
fatherless servants beg till they thread,
none see but shattered fingers, eyes and hinds
freedom is in the mind not in the eyes

then, then we live like it never happened,
eyes make contact telling lies it never happened,
vision gets blurry-sharpy-blurry,
nothing but wealth moves its stride.
free soul, make merry, we shall soon never remember.
under the skin is the crawl we shall never be rid of,
until another booooooooooooom, who is it?
freedom is for the strong, not the weakling

now my own ends in the struggle, what shall befall of him?
stridding donkey years wasted serving fatherland he steamed,
the North is not for me i shall not go, home is where my head lies.
unttil boooooooooom! my humble bed was the casualty.
on the run i must, lest i end up the statistics.
freedom is for the wise, the wise never fights until another day
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2011
I just posted this morning under the topic of Boko Haram,
wasnt so suprised

like i stated some months ago,we have terrorists sleeper cells in Nigeria and parts of Africa,especially when the government is weak just like in Nigeria where ethno-geo--socio economic factors come in play.

the signs have already been there but the government had been busy doing pady pady polictics and throwing ethnic innuendos here and there.
If you think that it is just boko haram thgen u must be drinking foolish juice.

Al-queda and other branches are no longer concentrated in the middle east but are in Africa and parts of Asia.Countries like Somalia,Niger,Chad are all breeding grounds for the new war against the west,they are presently concentrating in Nigeria then from there will go on to other parts,where there is general instabilty and discontent,and where sides always feel wronged.

SINCE WE HAVE A REACTIVE GOVERNMENT INSTEAD OF A PROACTIVE GOVERNMENT THEN LIVES WILL CONTINUE TO BE LOST.

why was the NSA adviser still given the same position?

are our SS adequately trained,do they have enough profilers,do they knowabout the sleeper cells.

that was Why Obama told GEJ if he wanted help in tackling Boko Haram,because even in the US,they know that this is an explosive situation.

People educate yourself,not all muslims are terrorists and not all terrorists are muslims,this is just a fall out of 911 and the continuation of the isreali palestian
conflicts only that its is exploding 8 hours drive from Abuja.

Stop dividing yorself aganist north and south,you are not doing ANY FAVORS,If Nigeria is divided and the south south take their oil,do you think a population of 5-8 milion can stand against the jihadist or see what is happening in Libya,where there is a fake liberation going on fron NATO or see what happened in Iraq?

EDUCATE YOURSELF,READ BEHIND THE LINES,CROSS THE T's dot the I's,and be wise
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Abagworo(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2011
Personally speaking I don't believe that IBB,Obasanjo,David Mark,Buhari and others like them can be involved in these bomb menace.Those people fought to keep Nigeria together hence it is logically incorrect to even think of them in this case.The truth is that people are angry and have been mentally deranged from poverty.

If you take a look at Rivers State armed people have been going about shooting and killing Policemen without robbing any civilians.To address all these starts from addressing widespread poverty in our beloved country.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Whitehorse: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2011

@Ode Remo
SHaarrraaaap there silly boyo
so this is now an ethnic fight, oh no, its religious, muslim against xtian.
when will government give us institutions that works,
when are we going to have a government in place that knows how to govern,
abeg leave yar a dua out of this, or is he still @ behind. hole rock.

I can see you level of reasoning; the ranting of a deranged and not-so-smart 3 year old.

Why don't you rebut the points i made one by one, instead of ranting?

Just incase you do not know, EVERYTHING in Nigeria is directly or indirectly affected by ethnicity and/or religion. Go figure
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by buchixx: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2011
gej can't fight these people and to me the best thing to do is to divide this nation for the better. boko haram, aboki, our borders na demdem be security give any of our uniform men 5ok see if they will not allow you to pass with container fully loaded with bomb . how can a man live with his own enemy   one day if care is not taking there detonate it inside his aso room.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Gbawe: 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2011
passyjango:

So we have finally graduated into suicide bombing. This is a very serious and dangerous development. Suicide bombing is the holy grail of terrorism and we have finally reached that milestone. This is sad.

Very grave and scary prospect. Some of us predicted that GEJ can expect a torrid time as President because his emergence caused much rancour and bad blood. We do not know who is responsible for this bombing but we know some rich and influential folks who were "cheated" out of their "birthright" by the "treacherous usurper" will never stop formenting chaos for GEJ to deal with. They will team up with anything and anyone to cause anarchy. Strange bedfellows may now become allies united towards the same goal. The signs are not good . May God help Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by Rhea(f): 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2011
[size=16pt]at this rate, 5 years from now, Boko Haram may have their say in government. This was how MEND started. And their voice was heard loud and clear.
I wonder when this spate of insanity will end in this country.[/size]
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by kemmy100: 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2011
This is a mess: embarassed Rate the Nigerian Police Force http://www.naijavote.com/view/814
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by kemmy100: 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2011
Should the Nigerian Police Force be disbanded? embarassed http://www.naijavote.com/view/815
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by emmddy: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2011
if this could happen in police headquarter then it can happen in ASO rock,national security advicer office should be question they know about it,they cant deny it,and all those bombing happening their and their the securities agencies cant tell nigerians that they know nothing about it.
THE WORM INSIDE COLA IS THE ONE SPOILING THE COLA
what a fresh air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by cold(m): 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2011
Gbawe:

May God help Nigeria.
What do you expect God to do again?Come down & save us?I won't be surprised if someone who is paid to do his job goes on air & tell us to pray for the nation.'Pray harder,fast longer' whilst they sit their fat backsides in their posh offices sharing the national loot.Only in Nigeria *smh
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by werepeLeri: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2011
ola_pluto:

This is a big breach in National security and if those on top of security do not see this as a declaration of war on the Nigeria state, then we're doomed. Force Headquaters? I cant even concentrate at work anymore. This is enough to impeach Jonathan if he doesnt respond properly. Bring in the army, if its boko haram, send apache to annihilate them. Simple. If its MEND, blow up their hide outs and clear them out. This is full war on Nigeria, and we must respond with decisive force. No more negotiations.

LOL
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by werepeLeri: 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2011
buchixx:

gej can't fight these people and to me the best thing to do is to divide this nation for the better. boko haram, aboki, our borders na demdem be security give any of our uniform men 5ok see if they will not allow you to pass with container fully loaded with bomb . how can a man live with his own enemy   one day if care is not taking there detonate it inside his aso room.

stupid
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by werepeLeri: 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2011
blacksta:

Welcome to the GEJ version of a New Nigeria  - I wish you people all the best

d u m b
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by abacus(m): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2011

On the matter of national security, The President, like every other Nigerian understands the value of peace, security and the safety of life and property and so he appointed a former Deputy Chief of Defense Intelligence, Former Director of Military Intelligence (DMI), Former General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1st Division, Former Chief of Army Staff, Former Chief of Defense Staff, holder of the Corps Medal of Honor (CMH), Meritorious Service Star, Distinguished Service Star, Grand Service Star and the Recipient of President & Commander-in-Chief’s Merit Award (for best all round performance) of The National War College as well as Recipient of the Commander of the Federal Republic (CFR) national award, General Owoye Andrew Azazi as National Security Adviser.

Quoting GEJ's man George Kerley

Is the security the promise us?

How I wish Afiz Ringim or Azazi is ,
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by folakeojo(f): 1:24pm On Jun 16, 2011
they should start thinking of way forward sharp sharp o!!! we will see how they will respond to this
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by blacksta(m): 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2011
werepeLeri:

d u m b

lol   - what is your definition  -  who do we then blame  -  We have  SSS, NSA  , police intelligence  - all failures i say  - if the HEAD is rotten the BODY can never know peace.  

All the best i say again
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by werepeLeri: 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2011
kbdrim:

with all the bomb blast since gej took over, he still went ahead to appoint azazi as nsa when the  doesnt have a clue of what is happening in nigeria, we should have left governance to those who have an idea of what it takes to govern and leave those who are fishermen and oil bunkerers to do their bussiness in the creeks, mtcheew

LOL. Example? Who?
Re: Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja? by oderemo(m): 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2011
Just incase you do not know, EVERYTHING in Nigeria is directly or indirectly affected by ethnicity and/or religion. Go figure
so cos your eyes hurts u pluck it out, right? thank GOD for blessing the country with WHITEHORSE.
last i checked there are probs all over the world with diff. undertones. but they find ways todeal with it or else the aggrieved will take up arms as witnessed in parts of midd/east, east Africa etc.
learn to deal with your problems. yeah right, its ethnic/ religion. deal with it and lets us stop winning.
damn. we do not have any working institutions in the country to deal with anything, security, education, transportation ,etc.
u hear Methuselah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) / Shiite Muslims Protecting Police Officers During Riot In Kaduna (Unseen Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Visits Olusegun Obasanjo In Abeokuta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.