Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? (33618 Views)

Opinion!! Why Do Handsome Men Marry Ugly Women?? / The Tall Dark Skinned Married Yoruba Guy! / My Boyfriend Is Tall, Dark And Handsome! Short Guys Stay Off. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by queensmith: 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2011
i woulnt say they are special, just attractive?
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by femmy2010(m): 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2011
vislabraye:

I'm quite curious cos if you ask a lot of ladies, they tell you they want tall, dark and handsome men. Does look really matter to women ? From a scale of 1 to 10 how would a lady rate looks ?
But i've also noticed that a lot of tall guys don't have the swagger ie, they're what you call klutz?  grin grin

They are cute.
Image your sis bringing a Koby Bryant home.
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by oladapoa1(m): 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2011
Are Akin & powpow not cute
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by obowunmi(m): 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2011
A short midget with lots of money can get any woman he wants. So its not about the height all the time. wink
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by falgar: 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2011
A FRIEND OF MINE SAID HER SPEC IT TALL , DARK , HANDSOME , WORDED AND WADDED (POCKET) AND I WAS LIKE REALLY, EVEN AS I COULD JUSTIFY HER REASON FOR ALL EXCEPT THAT SHE IS SHORT MEANING THAT LONG THINGY WILL THRUST IN FROM UNDER AND HIT OUT FROM HER MOUTH.THATS A SERIOUS EMERGENCY SITUATION.
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by favouredjb(f): 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2011
IT'S not by height,personality matters a lot,there are so many fine brovas who arent tall

e.g our very own gabriel afolayan,usher,r kelly,yomi fash lanso to mention but a few.
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2011
falgar:

A FRIEND OF MINE SAID HER SPEC IT TALL , DARK , HANDSOME , WORDED AND WADDED (POCKET) AND I WAS LIKE REALLY, EVEN AS I COULD JUSTIFY HER REASON FOR ALL EXCEPT THAT SHE IS SHORT MEANING THAT LONG THINGY WILL THRUST IN FROM UNDER AND HIT OUT FROM HER MOUTH.THATS A SERIOUS EMERGENCY SITUATION.
It doesnt matter if the lady is short but as long as she has wide hips she can accomodate a big massive tool.There are very tall girls who hate big tools because they have very narrow hips and besides frm experience i tend to notice its shorter girls who love massive tools because they tend to have wider hips unlike tall girls who have very narrow hips.
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2011
Until they get to a certain age
they could swear by this mantra
Stems from a superficial sense of security.

One of my exes was taller than me

P.S I'm  only 5'8
Do I qualify as Tall, Dark and Handsome ?  cool
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by donugapi(m): 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2011
Shebi aki and paw paw get girlfriend/wife, its all about the $$$$$£££££, all dat THD bullshhhhhh is c-r-a-p!!
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 17, 2011
donugapi:

Shebi aki and paw paw get girlfriend/wife, its all about the $$$$$£££££, all dat THD bullshhhhhh is c-r-a-p!!
Their gfs na midgets too? cheesy
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by chines4(m): 2:34am On Jun 17, 2011
Talk about prince charming, that's the image in a lot ladies dream man. Beside you will easily notice a THD guy
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by kandiikane(m): 2:41am On Jun 17, 2011
Ok, sorry to burst anyone's bubble but. . .

The phrase "tall, dark and handsome" was first used by white people to describe tall darker skinned Caucasians with dark hair and dark eyes and sometimes used to describe a mysterious man not a black man but since we are in the 21st century whatever floats your boat. . .
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by darqly(m): 4:22am On Jun 17, 2011
It's all in the sequence- Short, dark and handsome would be cute; Tall, fair and handsome would be gay; and Tall, dark and ugly would be an athelete.
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by bashr4: 4:35am On Jun 17, 2011
darqly:

It's all in the sequence- Short, dark and handsome would be cute; Tall, fair and handsome would be gay; and Tall, dark and ugly would be an athelete.

dont hate rather step up your game
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Agnesqueen(f): 4:54am On Jun 17, 2011
@poster I prefer Tall, Handsome and Rich. I don't care much for skin color, he could come in pink for all i care. It is true that women like personality and character 1st but Looks always comes in at a close 2nd. Asking a woman if they care about looks is like asking a man if he cares about butt and boobies, its a certainty that they do. We are genetically predisposed to like strong men and often times we associate tall with strong, rich as security, and handsome as future beautiful kids. wink
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Bisjosh(f): 6:44am On Jun 17, 2011
Oh pleaseeee!!!!! Once dated a short guy and I tell ya hugs ain't great. Instead of my head resting on his chest, his rests on mine shocked awful!!! Feel so embarrassing walking with a short dude. Even though he's a doctor that dresses well, still nt proud of him. Wld neva date a short guy again in my life!!
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by romeo(m): 7:35am On Jun 17, 2011
sleekman:

http://www.yousabi.com/video/2187/Hon-Uche-Ekwunife-in-Alleged-Lesbian-Sex-Act--HUHUONLINE

Ekwunife must resign

F.u.ck off dude. She is the sole proprietor of her body, Get a life.
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by romeo(m): 7:41am On Jun 17, 2011
Bisjosh:

Oh pleaseeee!!!!! Once dated a short guy and I tell ya hugs ain't great. Instead of my head resting on his chest, his rests on mine shocked awful!!! Feel so embarrassing walking with a short dude. Even though he's a doctor that dresses well, still nt proud of him. Wld neva date a short guy again in my life!!

Ohh Lawd!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Puvguy: 8:09am On Jun 17, 2011
Bisjosh looking nice on your profile picture wink
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Sike(m): 8:13am On Jun 17, 2011
Thank Gawd am TALL, DARK and HANDSOME as written. . .
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Puvguy: 8:13am On Jun 17, 2011
If hugging is your issue then stop huggin him and if you feel ashame walking with him on the street then only move around in car with him.
I think after this u would be fine dating a shorter dude grin
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by pawa4ul: 8:30am On Jun 17, 2011
Tall, dark and handsome was for our mothers>

Today, Tall, dark and handsome does not in any way reflect the physical looks of a man, but it depicts the length and breadth of the man's pocket, period.
That is what women mean when they say tall, dark and handsome.
Tall: How much the man flaunts.
Dark: It does not matter how much he spends today, he has enough to take care of her needs (the money is more than her requests).
Handsome: Sweet cars, nice apartment and good swag to crown it all.

Abi women no be so?
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by harakiri(m): 8:56am On Jun 17, 2011
I can see the short ppl here have their description for tall guys ranging from klutz to dumb. If there's anything i've noticed among short ppl, its their deep insecurity and deviousness. As a tall guy, i can't count how many times short ppl have referred to my height in a heated argument. The words : "is it because you are tall?" OR "don't let your height decieve you" is very quick to escape their lips. If you are strict with them, they feel you want to cheat them. If you are open and carefree, they think you are dumb. Anything little thing, they'll believe you are trying to over shadow them because of height. The most dishonest,wicked and malicious ppl i have ever come across ARE ALL SHORT! ! !
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Puvguy: 9:09am On Jun 17, 2011
@Harakiri
Deeply thought out though my eldest brother is about 6 foot and yet mean. He got more than half of the trait you listed above.
Why is it so?
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Solozzo(m): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2011
Tallness shows a wide variation, and little,to do with character or the size of the manliness. Do not be deceived that they are bigger downstairs ; there is no objective evidence for those claims

Anything extreme has it's own drawbacks. So if u are not a tall man there is always a lady for you. Just be patient, poster.

1 Like

Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by krazillian: 9:26am On Jun 17, 2011
try a short, dark ugly man and i tell you,you will regret for the rest of your life sad
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by Tinyemeka(m): 9:35am On Jun 17, 2011
This issue has once been debated in a science journal (been long I read it; can't remember the name) but their findings showed that taller men on the average, tended to have a higher income level than men of below average height. People at the first instance may tend to assign more responsibilities to the bigger-looking guys before others. But that is just at the early stage of their careers O (my boss is tall, very fair and I should say quite handsome. Very result oriented). However, that is not to say being tall has pre-qualified you to be successful in life. Eventually many other factors come into play. Most of the bank CEOs are of average to below average height.

From the relationship aspect, tall guys tend to adopt an unassuming and a low-profile (probably to counter the sub-concious impression people form that tall and big means intimidating), which is why the OP said they lack swag. Hmm, If every tall guy swagged or demo the way u were thinking, u'll immediatelly tag him a show-off or bully. I'm 6'2" and almost all the really tall guys I know of dey dey quiet. because of that, chicks see them as guys who
1) Being big, etc can take care of them
2) Being cool (no initial gra gra) most times, know hw to pet and is one they can handle ( Am I actually saying this?)
Hahaha. End of story. I don talk too much.

Hey! Nobody's said anything about the guy being tall and slim or being tall and fat. Abi those ones no matter to the ladies?

1 Like

Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by pepperoni(f): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2011
@OP
FYI/FYU he doesn't have to be DARK, buh as long as he is TALL & HANDSOME. SHORT MEN/PEOPLE have dis complex thing and they are complicated beings. #nooffense
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by pepperoni(f): 9:52am On Jun 17, 2011
Hey! Nobody's said anything about the guy being tall and slim or being tall and fat. Abi those ones no matter to the ladies?
[quote][/quote]

lol, he has to be on d moderate side, not slim not fat but well built with a six-pack. Unfortunately my BF doesn't have all these attributes, buh he is the bestest! smiley
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by kandiikane(m): 10:46am On Jun 17, 2011
Agnesqueen:

@poster I prefer Tall, Handsome and Rich. I don't care much for skin color, he could come in pink for all i care. It is true that women like personality and character 1st but Looks always comes in at a close 2nd. Asking a woman if they care about looks is like asking a man if he cares about butt and bosoms, its a certainty that they do. We are genetically predisposed to like strong men and often times we associate tall with strong, rich as security, and handsome as future beautiful kids. wink

I love this grin grin
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by polsen: 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2011
;Dmidget go for your size ohh, stop woundering cool shocked
Re: Whats So Special About Tall, Dark And Handsome Men? by DaDoctor: 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2011
MONEY MAKES YOU TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME TO A LARGE EXTENT wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Of The Craziest Private Parts Tattoos (EXPLICIT PICTURES) / Simi And Jide’s Vibrant Pre-wedding Shoot, See Photos / Got Married Last Weekend, A New Chapter Started

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.