Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,178 members, 7,835,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% (5948 Views)

"Don't Take My Bible Away!" Shocking Arrest Of Peaceful Street Preacher / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version / Throw Your Bible Away If You Don't Believe In The Old Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Steep(m): 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
How would carbon-14 dating be affected by a global flood?

Carbon-14 dating depends on the amount of atmospheric carbon-14 relative to carbon-12. This ratio would have been different before the Flood. The earth’s sediments contain a vast amount of carbon-12 in the form of coal and oil. [14] The amount of 14C in coal and oil is much less than in the present environment. If a significant portion of the coal and oil represents organisms that were deposited in a global flood, then the pre-flood atmosphere must have contained much less 14C and more 12C than the present atmosphere. If the rate of production of 14C were no greater before the flood than it is now, the pre-flood 14C would have been greatly diluted by the vast amount of pre-flood 12C. This would cause any pre-flood organic material to have a 14C date much older than the actual calendar date. After the flood, a new equilibrium concentration of 14C would be established over a period of time. [15] Plants and animals that lived during the time when the new equilibrium was being established would show old 14C ages, converging on calendar time over a period approximating a thousand years
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by dazzlingd(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
it is easy to see you dont read. Do you know T RR Tolkien invented a language for the lord of the rings story? It just shows how intelligent Otem is. His stories are not revelations but stories

Do you know the years of planning and review for lord of the rings with great minds coming together to meticulously plan and make the story lines.

Here, we have our own very otem, with his own story, one man mopol.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2022
Steep:

Carbon-14 dating depends on the amount of atmospheric carbon-14 relative to carbon-12. This ratio would have been different before the Flood. The earth’s sediments contain a vast amount of carbon-12 in the form of coal and oil. [14] The amount of 14C in coal and oil is much less than in the present environment. If a significant portion of the coal and oil represents organisms that were deposited in a global flood, then the pre-flood atmosphere must have contained much less 14C and more 12C than the present atmosphere. If the rate of production of 14C were no greater before the flood than it is now, the pre-flood 14C would have been greatly diluted by the vast amount of pre-flood 12C. This would cause any pre-flood organic material to have a 14C date much older than the actual calendar date. After the flood, a new equilibrium concentration of 14C would be established over a period of time. [15] Plants and animals that lived during the time when the new equilibrium was being established would show old 14C ages, converging on calendar time over a period approximating a thousand years
and you think the chinese chronology is based on carbon dating or the pyramids were dated by carbon dating? Oh my goodness, at least try and verify before you post
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by A001: 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2022
dazzlingd:

That's why I said, either believable or not, theres something unique about it and not mere imaginations.

I read the whole thread, though an interesting read, still it followed a sequence. I admire the brain that brought the writing. It is not what a lowly mind can put together. 1000 times better than religious books.
So the choice to believe it as being true or not lies on the individual
Anyone that reads widely will know a normal human being can't put together that book without help from a higher being.

Even after studying the Seriot language (its lexical structure, semantics, and other elements), I realized it's quite wondrous.

Based on the depth of the histories and writings in the book and the Seriot language, I have no reason to doubt the fact that he's actually getting the histories from Atum as he says.

A human can't author that book and invent the Seriot language without running mad. The depth is astounding.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by A001: 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
dazzlingd:

That's why I said the otem is a living testimony of himself. It is two ways, if you say it is all lies, then you just have to respect the mind that brought those writings together because that mind deserves an oscar and a Nobel prize for literature
I agree with you, 100%. Only a mad genius can write such a book on his own. But I honestly, feel it's too much for a human to do because of the depth.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
Steep:

the dating is accurate and not flawed as you want us to believe https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/10345875.amp

At least better than the guess work you want us to use
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
A001:

I agree with you, 100%. Only a mad genius can write such a book on his own. But I honestly, feel it's too much for a human to do because of the depth.
geniuses come in all shapes. This is how people start cults and religions because they are able to woe their audience at the end it is just works of their genius minds not facts

2 Likes

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by dazzlingd(m): 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
Steep:
China has the story about the great flood,

So every flood recorded by any civilisation automatically translates to Noah's flood?

And was china wiped out during the flood?

Perhaps the flood that happend in my village 20 years ago was the Noah's flood

Please I'm not understanding you oo.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by A001: 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
it is easy to see you dont read. Do you know T RR Tolkien invented a language for the lord of the rings story? It just shows how intelligent Otem is. His stories are not revelations but stories
Lols. I'm widely read and know there are various conlangs.

But before I can say those things I posted about Otem's book, it took a lot of research and critical thinking for a couple of years about the book, which I read in 2018.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
A001:

Lols. I'm widely read and know there are various conlangs.

But before I can say those things I posted about Otem's book, it took a lot of research and critical thinking for a couple of years about the book, which I read in 2018.
so otem has solved the issue of the origin of life right?
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by khiaa(f): 4:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
I have no apologies for people selling lies
Being rude to those who don't share your same opinions or theories is a sign of immaturity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
dazzlingd:

So every flood recorded by any civilisation automatically translates to Noah's flood?

And was china wiped out during the flood?

Perhaps the flood that happend in my village 20 years ago was the Noah's flood

Please I'm not understanding you oo.

seems he is ignorant of the flood story in the bible. He does not know the story claims that every living thing was wiped off from the earth humans and animals, ALL. There was no hiding place as even Mount Everest was covered by the water no single place to hide
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 4:29pm On Jan 02, 2022
khiaa:
Being rude to those who don't share your same opinions or theories is a sign of immaturity.
ok ma. I am immature I accept. Good bye
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by A001: 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
geniuses come in all shapes. This is how people start cults and religions because they are able to woe their audience at the end it is just works of their genius minds not facts
You know very little about the book of history you're talking about. Until you read it, I don't take your review seriously.

As regards starting a religion, that's for those looking for things to worship or a cult to join. I'm an agnostic, don't belong to any religion or a cult, and have no intention to join either.

If I need a religion, then I'd have reverted to my former religion (that's the reasonable thing to do).

You're merely commenting ignorantly about something you know very little or nothing about.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by A001: 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
so otem has solved the issue of the origin of life right?
Your comments show you don't have the book and haven't read it.

No reasonable person reviews a book they've not read.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
A001:

Your comments show you don't have the book and haven't read it.

No reasonable person reviews a book they've not read.
I read enough. You dont expect me to know he was just making it up and stitching stuff together
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by khiaa(f): 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
dazzlingd:

Can I learn how to code from the bible?

Can I learn physics, geography or history from the bible? Capital no

What exactly are we supposed to learn from the bible

You can learn how to live your life. Why do people act as though life didn't continue after the Bible was written? There are many things you can learn aside from the Bible, there are also many Books that aren't included in the Bible that you read.

Life and knowledge didn't stop after the Bible was composed.

1 Like

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by HardMirror(m): 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2022
A001:

You know very little about the book of history you're talking about. Until you read it, I don't take your review seriously.

As regards starting a religion, that's for those looking for things to worship or a cult to join. I'm an agnostic, don't belong to any religion or a cult, and have no intention to join either.

If I need a religion, then I'd have reverted to my former religion (that's the reasonable thing to do).

You're merely commenting ignorantly about something you know very little or nothing about.
I agree, I am not an Otem expert like you. But i read enough just good fiction no need dedicating time to it as if it is factual
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Steep(m): 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
and you think the chinese chronology is based on carbon dating or the pyramids were dated by carbon dating? Oh my goodness, at least try and verify before you post
The chineese history does not contradict the bible. The flood is atheist 4000 years ago, while the chineese civilization is atheist 3500 years old. And as well, the Chinese are also from the decendants of Noah's offspring. So there is no contradiction
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by khiaa(f): 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
twosquare:
Adam had other children (male and female). But the Bible focused on two important personalities in the sons of Adam. Their story was important because it was a time they offered to God.

Enoch, for instance, is the seventh from Adam...the seventh generation. Within that time, they have multiplied.

In Genesis 4:3, it says, "And in the process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground..."

You can read the Book of Jasher for insight...

After Cain and Abel, there were other sons and daughters born to them. Chapter 4 was focused on them because one paved way for sin to reign, the other for righteousness.

So they married their brothers and sisters and these other people that existed at the time when Cain was marked were his brothers and sisters.

The thought of that is so disgusting which turns a lot of people from believing anything about the Bible.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by khiaa(f): 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2022
Khiaaa:
shut up you useless atheist

Go find a life and stop trying to live your boring life through mine's.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by A001: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
I read enough. You dont expect me to know he was just making it up and stitching stuff together
Maybe you read a few pages of the thread (with many posts hidden by mods and concluded hastily). I don't see the signs you have the literature and have read this book you're reviewing in detail.

You'd have to be a very dishonest person to read Otem's book in detail and study the Seriot language and then claim he stitched those histories together and also stitched the language together.

If na so e dey easy to stitch tales together, the world would be full of geniuses in writing cheesy and many conlangs.

Hope you're aware all of the languages spoken all around the world today came naturally with some early humans (deified as gods and goddesses) as one of their innate abilities.

Well, if you know the history of humans well enough, you'd know it's a big deal to come up with a language that looks like a natural language.

Enough said about the book. I wouldn't want to derail this thread further about posts on the book. This isn't a history thread.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2022
khiaa:

So they married their brothers and sisters and these other people that existed at the time when Cain was marked were his brothers and sisters.

The thought of that is so disgusting which turns a lot of people from believing anything about the Bible.

Your Bible

Your achievement

E tire me

Oops

It seems it was meant for Khiaaa....ok...it was meant for those that speak well of the content of the Bible.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by A001: 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
I agree, I am not an Otem expert like you. But i read enough just good fiction no need dedicating time to it as if it is factual
I'm not an Otem expert. It seems reading isn't your forte. If it's, you'd have seen my area of specialization in my signature.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by khiaa(f): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
NNTR:
When the chips are down, when cornered, sticking up the middle finger, ignorance inspired disinformation, strawmannirg and resorting to ad hominem is the best defence HardMirror is infamously known for, loll.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Ok, I see. cheesy
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:

That guy is a waste of time just like budaatum on issues like this.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by khiaa(f): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
you will NEVER EVER see me begging for respect or being concerned about respect. People who are very sensitive to respect are people who cannot earn respect but want it to be given to them automatically.

You're obviously talking about yourself because I was never disrespectful to you. You're projecting.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2022
khiaa:

You're obviously talking about yourself because I was never disrespectful to you. You're projecting.

On his behalf,

let it end here.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by dazzlingd(m): 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2022
khiaa:

You can learn how to live your life. Why do people act as though life didn't continue after the Bible was written? There are many things you can learn aside from the Bible, there are also many Books that aren't included in the Bible that you read.

Life and knowledge didn't stop after the Bible was composed.

Live my life, so your ancestors did not know how to live their lives?

My ancestors knew farming for example, they knew when to sow and harvest. They had their culture and taught morals. They had 'alo' to teach lessons and virtues. African stories of tortoise and all to teach about contentment, love and oneness.

So what exactly do we need bible for? A bible that tells of how a god was one sided to favour a tribe to commit genocide. Or the one that said slaves should respect their masters?

In same vein, every nation/tribe had their GOD (their creator, their source, their origin). These Gods were created in their images and spoke their language. Allah doesn't speak French, Yahweh doesn't speak Ijaw. Yawheh and Allah referred to the local Gods of a particular tribe.

Unlike the Yoruba,Igbo, Indian gods, the Abrahamic GODS(Allah and Yahweh) considered all other Gods evil. From David to Mohammed, these men conquered lands and people, destroying everything in their wake. You don't need to read the Old Testament, read your news. The evidence is still there in the Middle East.

Lucifer's demons have nothing whatsoever to do with the African gods. Lucifer is Yahweh is Lucifer.

What good thing did the African gods give us? Look at your delicacy and your local language. Maybe, your ancestors weren't so savage afterall. Your language is proof they could communicate. Your local delicacy is proof they were good farmers, and knew how to use basic cooking utensil. Did the white man teach us how to cook oha and periwinkle? Did they teach us to say "Bia" and "Ndo"? What about your traditional wears? Proof that there were tailors and we manufactured textiles too. We weren't naked and hopeless. Harmattan for don show us shege..

How about local medicines? The medicinal benefits of the kolanut? Our leaves and that nasty worm that grows on trees? Maybe we didn't have western medicine. But we had local healers who treated illnesses and sicknesses. If we didn't, we would all have been dead before they arrived our shores. grin..

Unfortunately, how you think is who you are. When they left pur lands, they left behind their minds, their history, their perception of us. They left their minds in our education system. And we never changed it. They left their Bible in our palms, while we gave our lives to Chris and swore by Allah. We took to calling their lands holy lands, travelling to Jerusalem and Mecca to see I remember as a kid rejecting the notion of having to eba with fork and spoon. Most of us have probably experienced that too. Yet, we believe a Jew who was killed over 2000 years ago by his kinsmen, was right about our gods, our history, our future.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by khiaa(f): 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
even Harry Potter series has good lessons

What makes you think the Bible is the only source of information? Life and knowledge didn't stop after the Bible was written but that doesn't mean there aren't life lessons in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by budaatum: 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
HardMirror:
but the bible is chronological. Even when jesus was born they traced his chronology back.

Just to add to why you shouldn't believe, both of Jesus chronologies in the Bible are made up and wrong.
Re: What I Just Discovered Is Guaranteed To Make You Throw Your Bible Away! 100% by khiaa(f): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
dazzlingd:

Live my life, so your ancestors did not know how to live their lives?

My ancestors knew farming for example, they knew when to sow and harvest. They had their culture and taught morals. They had 'alo' to teach lessons and virtues. African stories of tortoise and all to teach about contentment, love and oneness.

So what exactly do we need bible for? A bible that tells of how a god was one sided to favour a tribe to commit genocide. Or the one that said slaves should respect their masters?
I said there are many things to learn from the scriptures but you have to weed through it. Yah didn't say"Obey your Masters," Yah hated slavery. You have to remember that MAN wrote the Books and not all of them were inspired by Yah.

That's why I say read and learn from the wise and throw out the trash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is Christ Embassy A Club Or A Church? / Why Do Africans Hate Gay People So Much? / Women Are Better Administrator Than Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.