Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North (12790 Views)

When did Borno became Part Of The Middle Belt Not North! / Presidency Not North's Birthright, Says Nother Forum. / Atiku Is Ciroma And Co's Candidate Not North's Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Muslcar: 7:39am On Jun 17, 2011
Una dey craze, na who datch una Igbo or u think is everybody we give the privilege of being identified as a JEWS(IGBO). We are a special breed by God for his glory. We are unique and carry a blessing that will eventually enrich the black race and turn African fortunes around.

U people like Hitler can only try and fail to wipe out God's own people. When ever u try to bring us down we go higher. The Presidency was suppose to be our turn but for oppression/humiliation u refuse and zone it south south but yet u rant that GEJ is now self-Igbo, listen to yourselves and see how u disgrace the black race. POVERTY IS your FATHER'S NAME.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Onlytruth(m): 7:47am On Jun 17, 2011
Posted by: Abagworo

This thread is complete rubbish.Nobody has ever said Benue is Hausa/Fulani.Some Yorubas are northerners while some Igbos are South-south.They owe their allegiance to their zone.Even a Yorubaman from Benin is not a Nigerian.

Jbenue is an illiterate for coming out here to deny the obvious just because of inherent tribalism.Babangida,Gowon,Abdulsalami have ruled Nigeria for 19 years and they are Northerners.Remember that Abacha is Kanuri and not Hausa.So when you add it up,the Northern minorities have held the office of Presidency for 25 years out of 50.

I personally would rather have alliance with Fulani man that is truthful than a chameleon from Benue.I also advice every Igbo man never to believe in this unholy brotherhood extension because they killed us mercilessly between 1966 and 1970.

The only true Southerners are SW,SS and SE.Kogi and Kwara Yorubas are not Southerners.

Simply brilliant analysis by my "lost brother" abagworo!  cool

This is my first agreement with abagworo in about 1 year.
Kudos bros!

I recall vividly during my youth service days in Ogun state when a fellow corper from Benue state (called Martin) used to brag about how "we northerners" own Nigeria. The guy was the brash and "to your face" kind of northerner.

He was more "northern" than another corper ( Mustapha) who was from Sokoto state. Mustapha used to be calm and reflective, while this Benue guy - a TIV- bragged all day long.  shocked shocked

Now, this one Jbenue is trying to escape from the north.  undecided undecided

Na Jericho wall we go take barricade una for Nsukka/Enugu Ezike axis so tey Boko haram go take dynamite wire una nyash.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by edoyad(m): 7:52am On Jun 17, 2011
Hmmmm
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:12am On Jun 17, 2011
Researchers claim that the Idomas are Igbos hunters that migrated North. The language is heavily similar to Igbo and in some areas it is Igbo. Alechenu sounds Igbo but is an Idoma name. The Idoma and Igbo's have associated and co-existed for centuries. U will find Idoma with Igbo names like Ada/Akogwu/Onwu/ Ujah/Obaike etc. Just facebook these name with Alechenu to confirm.
The idomas have many igbo surnames. examples are onyekachi and okute. They have towns with igbo names e.g onicha/igo. the title of their ruler,'ochi idoma is ogbo. it means ruler of the idomas.
Church----In idoma is known as UKA, in Igbo UKA as well. Dress---In idoma is UWE, in Igbo Is UWE. Garden Egg--in Idoma is Anyila, while in igbo is Anyala. Jaw chin in Idoma is Agba, In Igbo is Agba. Box in Idoma is Akpati or Igbe, In Igbo is Agbati or Igbe.
Bottle in Idoma is Ikpem, while in Igbo is Ekpem or kalama. Saftety Pin in Idoma is aga, in Igbo is aga. Mouth in Idoma is Okonu, while in Igbo is Onu. House is Uno in Idoma and Uno in Igbo. Orange is Oloma in Idoma while it is Oloma. Cup is IKO in Igbo while IKOGWU in Idoma etc.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:14am On Jun 17, 2011
The Igala are identified by the old oral tradition of Western Igbos as descendants of Igbo migrants who migrated westward during the expansion of the proto-Igbo peoples at the beginning of the 1st millennium. The Yoruba are in turn identified by some Igalas as descendants who continued on west and eventually settled across Western Nigeria and Benin.

Both Igala and Idoma have strong Igbo relations and are family. Lets forgive and not forget their wicked history and welcome them back like the prodigal son. kiss
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by nastik(m): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2011
Benue is no way close to the North, we are predominantly a christian state with no single trace of the
'almajiris' there, please syudy your maps and see benue bothering Enugu.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by igboboy1(m): 8:33am On Jun 17, 2011
Muslcar:

Una dey craze, na who datch una Igbo or u think is everybody we give the privilege of being identified as a JEWS(IGBO). We are a special breed by God for his glory. We are unique and carry a blessing that will eventually enrich the black race and turn African fortunes around.

U people like Hitler can only try and fail to wipe out God's own people. When ever u try to bring us down we go higher. The Presidency was suppose to be our turn but for oppression/humiliation u refuse and zone it south south but yet u rant that GEJ is now self-Igbo, listen to yourselves and see how u disgrace the black race. POVERTY IS your FATHER'S NAME.

igbos are igbos and not jews, Am tired of people like u calling igbos jews geeez, e choro k'am ti gi ihe? angry
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Muslcar: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2011
igbo boy:

igbos are igbos and not jews, Am tired of people like u calling igbos jews geeez, e choro k'am ti gi ihe?  angry

ra kwa nne gi. ara na wie gi.grin
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by emekagh(m): 8:40am On Jun 17, 2011
Why are well all discussing this now as if the country is about to disintegrate. In any case, if there are strong cultural links between Idomas and Igbos and the former wants to join Igbos of the SE, why should we deny them theire identity?

Was the progrom carried out by the Idomas, or the North?  Or did Igbos expect the Idoma (who were clearly classified as Middle as at 1967) to join Eastern Region without formal agreement. War situations are very fluid, I won't blame the Idomas, for not siding Biafra during the war)

By and large, Nigeria need to be restructure and maps redrawn; the Yoruba of the North (Kogi, kwara etc) should be included in the SW, ditto for Igbos in the North and South South.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by igboboy1(m): 8:47am On Jun 17, 2011
Muslcar:

ra kwa nne gi. ara na wie gi.grin

Chai ALU, Bia nowke'm na me u jus dey yab like this? im jide gi e ga ma ihe uwa na ko'
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by hotbella1: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2011
Poster,please what geopolitical zone does Benue belong to??
Sorry to burst your bubble but the last time i checked Benue was part of the North.
We know you guys are not Hausas/Muslims but so are many others in the North too.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by hotbella1: 9:04am On Jun 17, 2011
forgot to insert this map.enjoy.

Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Muslcar: 9:05am On Jun 17, 2011
igbo boy:

Chai ALU, Bia nowke'm  na me u jus dey yab like this? im jide gi e ga ma ihe uwa na ko'

Bia! aha mu bu musclar,  gi ni ka uwa na ko,  ara na wi gi ka kwuru!
hot-bella:

Poster,please what geopolitical zone does Benue belong to??
Sorry to burst your bubble but the last time i checked Benue was part of the North.
We know you guys are not Hausas/Muslims but so are many others in the North too.

Daft u can have them in the North is wat we are sayin! If dey refuse commit Progrom on dem and suicide bomb dem even genocide dem. grin
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by ikooko(m): 9:26am On Jun 17, 2011
Quate from Jbenue
''Reading a lot of this idiotic threads about how the number 2 , 3 and 4 positions are filled by northerners I find myself wondering how clueless some of my compatriots are, Simple geography you didn't learn in school.''

Hello Mr. Geography, it appears to read to much of ''Goe Cheng Leong'', unfortunate you lack knowledge of Nigerian politics and common sense.

let me educate you a little, geographically, you are right, politically you are wrong.
www.ngex.com/nigeria/ places/images/nigeriamap.gif

My advice: Tell your people to decide where what they want to belong politically. (Time is running fast).
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by ektbear: 9:39am On Jun 17, 2011
ikooko:

let me educate you a little, geographically, you are right, politically you are wrong.
www.ngex.com/nigeria/ places/images/nigeriamap.gif

My advice: Tell your people to decide where what they want to belong politically. (Time is running fast).

It seems to me they have decided where they want to belong politically:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/world/11/nigeria_election_toggle_maps/img/nigeria_elect_624_2011_6.gif

At any rate, seems a bit shortsighted to force Northern identity on folks who struggled to rid themselves of it in the past. Who created this Northern region anyway? Did it exist before Lord Lugard? Nope

Water finds its level, as they say.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Abagworo
Simply brilliant analysis by my "lost brother" abagworo!  cool

This is my first agreement with abagworo in about 1 year.
Kudos bros!

I recall vividly during my youth service days in Ogun state when a fellow corper from Benue state (called Martin) used to brag about how "we northerners" own Nigeria. The guy was the brash and "to your face" kind of northerner.

He was more "northern" than another corper ( Mustapha) who was from Sokoto state. Mustapha used to be calm and reflective, while this Benue guy - a TIV- bragged all day long.  shocked shocked

Now, this one Jbenue is trying to escape from the north.  undecided undecided

Na Jericho wall we go take barricade una for Nsukka/Enugu Ezike axis so tey Boko haram go take dynamite wire una nyash.

that statement is CLASSIC!

Middle belt  guys are very mean! be they idoma, tiv, igala, or whateva! I will neva forgive them for what they did to the igbos during the civil war! though i wasn't born then, but my dad told me the story severally! The fact is, the hausas and fulanis did not participate physically in the war rather thy used the heartless and mean middlebelters to finish us! The hausa worn the war bc of the role played by the middlebelt.

The midlebelt knows our homes very well bc we take them as nebors and allowed them free access to our homes they now use it to advantage during the civil war.

@Jbenue u will see what will happen to your people and the plateau people in the next five years - they will use bokoharam to annihilate u people. by then our wall of Jericho would av gone up!

btw: tell your fathers that served with 63NA to stp begging us to giv them alms in abuja.

check casualties for command hq bombing u will see dat majority are from benue and kogi cause na them full police - sory u hear?

Nkita lacha unu anya!
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 17, 2011
This thread is complete rubbish.Nobody has ever said Benue is Hausa/Fulani.Some Yorubas are northerners while some Igbos are South-south.They owe their allegiance to their zone.Even a Yorubaman from Benin is not a Nigerian.

Jbenue is an illiterate for coming out here to deny the obvious just because of inherent tribalism.Babangida,Gowon,Abdulsalami have ruled Nigeria for 19 years and they are Northerners.Remember that Abacha is Kanuri and not Hausa.So when you add it up,the Northern minorities have held the office of Presidency for 25 years out of 50.

I personally would rather have alliance with Fulani man that is truthful than a chameleon from Benue.I also advice every Igbo man never to believe in this unholy brotherhood extension because they killed us mercilessly between 1966 and 1970.

The only true Southerners are SW,SS and SE.Kogi and Kwara Yorubas are not Southerners

Thanks for educating him jare, if he will listen.
Some people don't know teh difference between North and Hausa/Fulani. North is a region consisting of probably more than 100 tribes, Hausa/Fulani are two of those tribes.

Maybe he should look for Middle Belt on the Compass.

I am a Yoruba from Kwara and a northerner.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by ChefMike(m): 9:58am On Jun 17, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin North o !!!!,South o !!,East o !!!, West o!!! we are all Nigerian please let's preach peace in this country.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:17am On Jun 17, 2011
Anybody dat looks properly at this map can see that Benue is not Mibble-belt or North but a south-eastern state [/b]that borders middle-belt. Like i said earlier the [b]Idoma and Igala have strong Igbo routes. Idoma are igbos dat migrated north. Igala are Idoma that migrated west. [b]The yoruba and edo descended from the Igala. Thus, a third generation of ethno-igbo.

Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Guyman02: 10:44am On Jun 17, 2011
Benue people were duped into fighting against Biafra and keeping Nigeria 'one'. The fact is that the Igalas and Idomas share similar cultures and names with the Igbos in the SE. The people of Benue were carried away by Saudanas deception of one monolithic north in the past. Dont refer to them as citizens of Almajeria, they are not so cowardly as to become suicide bombers.

Meanwhile; a news report reachings us says that the BOMBko Haram suicide bomber has just received 10 out of the 72 virgins promised in paradise. My only concern is that before he finishes with the remaining 62 virgins, he may likely suffer from Overbloated Blokos, Igbos call it 'onye Ibi' grin grin grin
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by enyojo(f): 10:50am On Jun 17, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Anybody dat looks properly at this map can see that Benue is not Mibble-belt or North but a south-eastern state [/b]that borders middle-belt. Like i said earlier the [b]Idoma and Igala have strong Igbo routes. Idoma are igbos dat migrated north. Igala are Idoma that migrated west. [b]The yoruba and edo descended from the Igala. Thus, a third generation of ethno-igbo.

How on earth can you say Igalas are Idomas that migrated west'?
How can Igalas that are far more populous than the Idomas be a break-away part?
In case you are that ignorant, let me tell u that it is always the LESSER that breaks away from the WHOLE not the other way round.

In general, I hate all these your tribalistic threads. It beats me hollow to imagine why this thread found its way to the Frontpage.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by siokpe: 11:05am On Jun 17, 2011
I think Benue can work with Igbos in a future outlook if the other minorities in the former Eastern Region are part of the project. Every body fears Igbo domination and that is a big headache.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Calculia: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2011
enyojo:

How on earth can you say Igalas are Idomas that migrated west'?
How can Igalas that are far more populous than the Idomas be a break-away part?
In case you are that ignorant, let me tell u that it is always the LESSER that breaks away from the WHOLE not the other way round.

In general, I hate all these your tribalistic threads. It beats me hollow to imagine why this thread found its way to the Frontpage.

Bliss4lyfe is making alot of sense to those of us that have gone to school and studied anthropology. The migration route of early African Ancestors was from the south, went north, east and then west. i.e Yoruba language is presumed to have separated from related ethno-linguistic groups like Igala, Igbo, and Edo but yet they are more if u include territories in the benin and togo e.t.c.

This thread is not about you or wat u like, but educative and about us as a people and our route and common ancestry. If anybody is the tribalist here it's u, because u refuse to understand dat which binds us together but love the hate aspect of ou relations. Please get your head out of your backside and learn 4 once in your misrable life. tongue kiss
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by ektbear: 11:20am On Jun 17, 2011
Calculia:

The migration route of early African Ancestors was from the south, went north, east and then west.
What? Any reference to this?

i.e Yoruba language is presumed to have separated from related ethno-linguistic groups like Igala, Igbo, and Edo but yet they are more if u include territories in the benin and togo e.t.c.
Yoruba and Igala I guess are both descended from some common language. And according to the Igala, Yoruba are descended from proto-Igala groups that migrated westwards (seems kind of plausible to me.) But as for the rest of linguistic/ethnic connections, I'm not sure there is anything really documented (except for the Benin Oduduwa thing.)
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Jbenue: 11:28am On Jun 17, 2011
@ Jarus
STFU who call you go away and moderate,
4 all you ignorant minds out there u poeple are just confirming my disgust at what i call the 3 headed monster just stop tryin to claim everything. i think i saw a post tryin to compare igbo words and idoma words half of them are wrong bro.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by siokpe: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2011
Enyojo, I think your arguement has no substance. Idoma and Igala are not competing for population size. Nothing says that a tribe that is smaller today could not have given birth to a tribe yesterday but has overgrown it. The Idomas as we were told descended from Apa and in todays Nigeria are scattered in the towns of Loko, Doma, Nasarawa in Nasarawa state and entered through Agatu, Adoka, Ogobia,Otukpo, otukpa, Igumale etc in Benue. The state creation exercise has thrown part of the Idomas to Iyala, Iyache etc in Crossriver and Ete in Enugu state. Uptill now, there are parts of Kogi like okpo, Ogugu, Imane etc that you will wander if they are Idomas or Igalas. This is what is refered to as Idoma nation, a population that aggregate far above the Igalas that concentrate only in the Eastern part of Kogi state. This piece is to Educate you only as Igalas and Idomas are the closest tribes in the country who both lived together in Ida before branching out. The Igbos especially the Wawas bear our names like Idoko, Akor, Ojobo etc and that make feel the Igbos could have migrated from either Idoma or Igala not withstand their superior population size today. Many factors affect demographic size.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Jbenue: 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2011
siokpe:

Enyojo, I think your arguement has no substance. Idoma and Igala are not competing for population size. Nothing says that a tribe that is smaller today could not have given birth to a tribe yesterday but has overgrown it. The Idomas as we were told descended from Apa and in todays Nigeria are scattered in the towns of Loko, Doma, Nasarawa in Nasarawa state and entered through Agatu, Adoka, Ogobia,Otukpo, otukpa, Igumale etc in Benue. The state creation exercise has thrown part of the Idomas to Iyala, Iyache etc in Crossriver and Ete in Enugu state. Uptill now, there are parts of Kogi like okpo, Ogugu, Imane etc that you will wander if they are Idomas or Igalas. This is what is refered to as Idoma nation, a population that aggregate far above the Igalas that concentrate only in the Eastern part of Kogi state. This piece is to Educate you only as Igalas and Idomas are the closest tribes in the country who both lived together in Ida before branching out. The Igbos especially the Wawas bear our names like Idoko, Akor, Ojobo etc and that make feel the Igbos could have migrated from either Idoma or Igala not withstand their superior population size today. Many factors affect demographic size.
you are the type of person that make me proud to be african. a coherent informative piece without the unwanted emotions well done bro.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by kbdrim(m): 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2011
@ OP, I am from Benue and a Northerner, Theres absolutely nothing like middlebelt, that is a creation of awolowo who was using J.S Tarka to try and devide the north. It is called north central and not middlebelt. The idomas have benefitted more from the north than anyone else, david mark, lawrence onoja. chris abutu are all products of IBB, The immediate past ochi idoma dressed like an emir, except U have an identity crisis, Know it that Benue is northern Nigeria thru and thru, we do not practise islam like taraba state but that doesnt make us less north, For your information You are better off in the hands of a northerner than any southerner, Look into your history and tell me what any ibo man or yoruba man has done for benue and u will realise that you are a northerner, Dont try to rewrite history cos when JS tarka realised that Awolowo was only using him to achieve his own aims, hequickly withdrew and teamed with the northerners in 1979 elections, Go read your history books, the likes of late JC Obande and ambassadow edwin Ogbu were members of the northern assembly in the 1940's n 1950's
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Beync(f): 12:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Researchers claim that the Idomas are Igbos  hunters that migrated North. The language is heavily similar to Igbo and in some areas it is Igbo.  Alechenu sounds Igbo but is an Idoma name. The Idoma and Igbo's have associated and co-existed for centuries. U will find Idoma with Igbo names like Ada/Akogwu/Onwu/ Ujah/Obaike etc. Just facebook these name with Alechenu to confirm.
The idomas have many igbo surnames. examples are onyekachi and okute. They have towns with igbo names e.g onicha/igo. the title of their ruler,'ochi idoma is ogbo. it means ruler of the idomas.
Church----In idoma is known as UKA, in Igbo UKA as well. Dress---In idoma is UWE, in Igbo Is UWE. Garden Egg--in Idoma is Anyila, while in igbo is Anyala. Jaw chin in Idoma is Agba, In Igbo is Agba. Box in Idoma is Akpati or Igbe, In Igbo is Agbati or Igbe.
Bottle in Idoma is Ikpem, while in Igbo is Ekpem or kalama. Saftety Pin in Idoma is aga, in Igbo is aga. Mouth in Idoma is Okonu, while in Igbo is Onu. House is Uno in Idoma and Uno in Igbo. Orange is Oloma in Idoma while it is Oloma. Cup is IKO in Igbo while IKOGWU in Idoma etc.

I salute ur analyses
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by ekwynwa: 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2011
Coward! Tell joseph waku to resign as ACF VP,suswan to stop attending northern governors meeting,Benue senators to quit thier membership of northern senators forum and Tor Tiv to quit his membership northern traditional council under chairman of SULTAN OF SOkOTO.please find time and ask your elders at home the meaning of Makurdi.Jobless boy.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by Jbenue: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2011
@kbdrim
why do you want to allign yourself to something that you are not, I know myself that i am not a northerner. And since when did the ochi' doma dress like an emir why are you stating all theses falsities i bet you have never even seen benue state you are a typical fulani man.
Re: For The Last And Final Time: Benue Is Not North by emmke(m): 12:41pm On Jun 17, 2011
kbdrim:

@ OP, I am from Benue and a Northerner, Theres absolutely nothing like middlebelt, that is a creation of awolowo who was using J.S Tarka to try and devide the north. It is called north central and not middlebelt. The idomas have benefitted more from the north than anyone else, david mark, lawrence onoja. chris abutu are all products of IBB, The immediate past ochi idoma dressed like an emir, except U have an identity crisis, Know it that Benue is northern Nigeria thru and thru, we do not practise islam like taraba state but that doesnt make us less north, For your information You are better off in the hands of a northerner than any southerner, Look into your history and tell me what any ibo man or yoruba man has done for benue and u will realise that you are a northerner, Dont try to rewrite history cos when JS tarka realised that Awolowo was only using him to achieve his own aims, hequickly withdrew and teamed with the northerners in 1979 elections, Go read your history books, the likes of late JC Obande and ambassadow edwin Ogbu were members of the northern assembly in the 1940's n 1950's
well said bro. We are better off with the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price For Nigeria To Work / INEC Further Extends Final Date For PVC Collection / Professionals Bombing Oil Installations – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.