Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,370 members, 7,829,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! (51577 Views)

Does DSTV Has Better Picture Quality Than GOTV / Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by AlphaT1(m): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2022
Dollywood:
I mean, I even connected my DSTV to the TV and it's wack! The picture quality was like watching a 240p or 360p on YouTube.
Na Alaba market LG.
Those guys no get chill. They have the Alaba LG in all sizes, and if you don't know much about TVs dem go do you o.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Zainabthegirl1(f): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2022
Lol you don buy Sony

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by nedekid: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2022
Revolution2022:
Where did you buy it?If no be for lg accredited dealer you don buy chinko tv.Your receipt should carry a LG name not ugochukwu son's Nigeria limited.
Me no get time for ugochukwe and sons quanta.
I wanna buy electronics, I head to Fuani LG office on Allen avenue. I buy and get my warrantee.
Recently a sound system I bought and used for 2 months was completely replaced with a brand new one after having a fault.
Years back my 42 inch TV screen was changed at no cost.
Fake nko, e full ground. Bros Ac spoil, him call LG customer care, them ask am for serial number him tell them, then say no be their product be that. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Qatar2022: 9:42am On Jan 27, 2022
Dollywood:
I just bought this new LG 32 inches brand new and I realised when I connected my PS4 Hdmi to it and started playing games on it, the picture quality was wack, feels like a lot of contrast and doesn't give me that crystal clear high definition I normally see on other people's TV. I bought the TV 70K. embarassed

Please someone should help me out!
This is fake

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by firstratedcitiz(m): 9:42am On Jan 27, 2022
This is a typical LG LED TV and does not support true HD. Televisions like that are often marketed as "Full HD" whereas in practice all they do is simply upscale to 1080p at best. With a good HDMI cable (if your tv already supports it) you can get up to 1080p, or 1080i, depending on the conversion capability of the device, but nothing more. Some TVs handle conversion better than others but will require a "sympathetic" device or gadget connecting to it to accept that. But a device like the PS can downscale to 560p or 480p, leading to the kind of poor video resolution that you noticed on your TV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by emecheboy2(m): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2022
Dollywood:
I just bought this new LG 32 inches brand new and I realised when I connected my PS4 Hdmi to it and started playing games on it, the picture quality was wack, feels like a lot of contrast and doesn't give me that crystal clear high definition I normally see on other people's TV. I bought the TV 70K. embarassed

I think this is as a result of lack of information. to enjoy PS4 or PS5, you need a smart TV. your dstv, dvd may be crystal clear but not with the game console.
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2022
That's not an original LG TV. It is refurbished one.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Godmond(m): 9:47am On Jan 27, 2022
Bros, firstly 2022 model of LG is 32LP not 32LK, so that's the first no. All LG tv comes with free wall bracket, which is always stated on the carton, but yours doesn't.
So bros, you bought a confirmed fake product. Count your lose

3 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Dollywood(m): 9:48am On Jan 27, 2022
Grupo:

Maybe you bought a fake.

I have the same LG TV you talk about, and my dstv channels are crystal clear on it.

When I am watching those dstv HD channels like Supersport, I am always amazed at the picture quality of the TV.

You should have showed us a picture of the TV when on.

How much did you bought yours?
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by federal9: 9:48am On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=Dollywood post=109725138][/quote]

See how the original carton looks in case of next time.

The side of your carton was cut and joined. The red color was too close to the edge, but the original one, there should be a white-brownish color closer to the end.

Just return it. Go to LG dealer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Grupo(m): 9:49am On Jan 27, 2022
Dollywood:

How much did you bought yours?

Bought mine 73k February last year.

I heard the price of the original has gone up to 100k now.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 27, 2022
nedekid:

Me no get time for ugochukwe and sons quanta.
I wanna buy electronics, I head to Fuani LG office on Allen avenue. I buy and get my warrantee.
Recently a sound system I bought and used for 2 months was completely replaced with a brand new one after having a fault.
Years back my 42 inch TV screen was changed at no cost.
Fake nko, e full ground. Bros Ac spoil, him call LG customer care, them ask am for serial number him tell them, then say no be their product be that. grin
Bro you are lying.The only repair and not change a defective electronic with warranty.If the fault is as a result of power supply voltage your warranty has been voided

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Lionnation: 9:51am On Jan 27, 2022
Totilopussylick:
if he bought it from an Ibo boi, he don lose the money cheesy

Wether receipt or no receipt

Ibo boi can never agree with him that the picture quality was like that when he sold it to him tongue tongue

And before buying it, if the seller tested it and he confirmed it to be okay.
He shouldn't bother returning it back because ibo boi can never change it tongue

Unless he add more money for another one.
you are very correct

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 27, 2022
Thecreatorx:

Igbo people derive joy in cheating, even here in rivers state. I just Dey look them, after all the cheating only few Dey ever fit upgrade their life
The capital they use in setting up their business is not legit.That is why they are fraudulent in their business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by msMonyei: 9:53am On Jan 27, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
The television be like fake

Try and check that LG encrypted logo in front of the TV

If the logo is encrypted into it then it is not fake

Use your hand to scratch it..if it peels off...then it is fake

Encrypted? Abi you been dey reason encrusted??

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 27, 2022
BanjiRaymond:
Please I need help, I just ordered a 32 inches HD tv from Jumia which is about 65000. Have anyone ordered on Jumia before? Can I bank on them for real stuffs
Alaba boys don infiltrate jumia platform with fake products.Dont let the pictures they posts deceive you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by moonraker(m): 9:56am On Jan 27, 2022
two versions of HD.

720p and 1080p.

My guess is your TV is capped at 720p which has a resolution of 1280 x 720 or 1360x720

For a 32inch TV, that sounds about right. If you can share the model of the LG TV,

Then look at the specs and find out the resolution.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by federal9: 9:56am On Jan 27, 2022
Dollywood:

People import from China. Rebrand it, and use a fake LG carton.

Test it there and confirm the quality. I hope you now understand how there are fake qualities.

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 27, 2022
touchplay:
oga you bought a chinese 32 inches LG tv. come wan see clear hd on top ?
you will top like 50k to 60k to get original of same tv.
they supposed to tell its china tv you buying.
i sell electronics and i give price and pictures of original and low budget of any particular product you wanna buy.
*first picture is a pic of china lg 43 inches @ 90k
*second pic original lg 43inches model number 43lp500 @ 168k
*third pic is an original hisense 43 inches @ 153k.
you see the price difference?
So 70k is a low budget?Na only a fraudster will make such statement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by BanjiRaymond(m): 9:59am On Jan 27, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

JUMIA don't sale fake things.i can assured you that with JUMIA,you are good to go.the good things about JUMIA is that,you can return the products you bought from them if you don't like it,but you must return it before seven days.
Thanks for this, I appreciate ❤️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by playces: 10:00am On Jan 27, 2022
This is still FAKE

federal9:

The side of your carton was cut and joined. The red color was too close to the edge, but the original one, there should be a white-brownish color closer to the end.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by BanjiRaymond(m): 10:00am On Jan 27, 2022
Revolution2022:
Alaba boys don infiltrate jumia platform with fake products.Dont let the pictures they posts deceive you.
I'm paying after delivery so I think I could return it back

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by BanjiRaymond(m): 10:01am On Jan 27, 2022
killmods:

Always buy ur electronics from approved and registered dealers. Avoid problems.
okay! I think I would just cancel the order immediately

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:03am On Jan 27, 2022
32" flat screen can't go for 70k,... You bought a cheap version of LG

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Lionnation: 10:05am On Jan 27, 2022
elbaraj2020:

Are Igbo boys not humans? If them no see who/wetin go make dem return, dem no go return am...but let me assure you that if they sell inferior product for u in place genuine product, if you handle them well, them go even beg u to collect ur money or genuine one...I bought a home theatre like that some years ago, though I didn't go myself but I rather sent my cousin n unfortunately for him the Igbo guy gave him the fake one, though I instructed him to go LG show room or buy from Hausa people then he went to buy from one Igbo man. So when I came back then I saw that its fake, then I asked him to take me to where he bought it, then I explained to him that this one is fake therefore I need the originally one, trust Igbo guys na...he started ranting then I dropped it there and left, I came back after one week, he was still saying same nonsense, second week same thing...then I call my uncle who is an officer (police) then he came with a boy to pick him up, when the Igbo saw that I wasn't joking then he lowered his voice...then my uncle asked his boy to arrest him n his felow Igbo ppl started begging on his behalf not to be take to station n he also pleadeiand promise to bring the original product... Then I left after a week, I came back n find my radio ready for pick...so go there and explain to him calmly, if he's doing any how lock him up, if he's locked up two days his brain will reset.
you cat do that shit in alaba, your case is actually different because he sold at the price of original one, reason he got jittery

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 27, 2022
Wasky101:

To avoid generalization I will say some igbos are wicked, i suffer for them hand last year no be small.
Had issues with my transmission
Called a contact i saw on jiji for spare part. Ladipo guy. Told him I wanted gear valve body for a 2014 Corolla. He call price we negotiated and agreed, this man sent gear valve body for 2009 Corolla.
When I called him to return it he first tried to convince me that they can change it to a 2009 gear. When I refused he said I shld return it, I return oya oga return money story enter. He say make I come use the money collect another thing, I dont need anything again oga, he said nah until when him sell am him go refund.
Shey I follow u dey your shop to know when u go sell the spare part.
Last last I opted to collect transmission fluid from him. Sold the oil at 20k, called him and said oga market value of this oil is 15k each he say naso him dey sell him own.
All through this the most shocking thing was this guy mah elderly man, if it was one young boy I would have not have felt so bad.
Had to buy bumper for another car, if I start that one story I fit start to dey cry
They are fraudulent with their businesses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by gbagyiza: 10:06am On Jan 27, 2022
Dollywood:

Hope, I go cause para for the place niyen!! The TV quality is wack wack! I'll try to change the HDMI tomorrow, If there's no change, I'm going to give them crazy there cause I'm boiling right now.

Bro. are you sure you bought original 32 inch LG TV because the price goes for 120k-130k, so, which one come become 70K

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by playces: 10:06am On Jan 27, 2022
65 inches is a smart tv. Operating with Webos. Comes with magic remote, artificial intelligence,..

That's how the carton looks like

federal9:

1 Like

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by frankmoney(m): 10:08am On Jan 27, 2022
Simeony007:
Lol, na Elu Gi them sell for you no be LG

grin grin grin
grin
Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Horllamideh(m): 10:09am On Jan 27, 2022
Wasky101:

To avoid generalization I will say some igbos are wicked, i suffer for them hand last year no be small.
Had issues with my transmission
Called a contact i saw on jiji for spare part. Ladipo guy. Told him I wanted gear valve body for a 2014 Corolla. He call price we negotiated and agreed, this man sent gear valve body for 2009 Corolla.
When I called him to return it he first tried to convince me that they can change it to a 2009 gear. When I refused he said I shld return it, I return oya oga return money story enter. He say make I come use the money collect another thing, I dont need anything again oga, he said nah until when him sell am him go refund.
Shey I follow u dey your shop to know when u go sell the spare part.
Last last I opted to collect transmission fluid from him. Sold the oil at 20k, called him and said oga market value of this oil is 15k each he say naso him dey sell him own.
All through this the most shocking thing was this guy mah elderly man, if it was one young boy I would have not have felt so bad.
Had to buy bumper for another car, if I start that one story I fit start to dey cry

Na why I dey sound them warning well well any time I wan buy something from them. Sell what I want for me and it has to be the real thing, if e no work..... you go see me here again and you better not tell me story then. They will collect your money with smiles on their face when giving you the wrong or fake thing, but will now be frowning when I return their goods.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Whynow(m): 10:14am On Jan 27, 2022
Bros you fit don buy fake. If you don't buy from Faouni group, you are on your own.

I recently changed my 42inch LG to 65inch UHD WebOS with magic remote. I was constrained with budget, so l checked prices on Jiji. The prices were cheaper than what Faouni quoted. Too good to be true!!!!!

I did further research on Reddit, and Google search with key phrases like " how to spot fake LG products". . My thoughts were validated.

All my appliances are LG, and always buy from rom Faouni.
Thank God I didn't go the other way. Life is Good.

I don't work for LG, neither have any affiliations with Faouni. Just save yourself wahala and buy from the main accredited reseller.

Dollywood:

3 Likes

Re: I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 27, 2022
Dollywood:

LG tv quality is really low especially for gaming, I noticed this too. If possible return it and get Hisense. Thank me later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

'Enemy I Know': Regina Daniel Slaps Her Mother In A Movie / Kiddwaya: I Wouldn't Have Given Erica My Money, If I Had Won (Video) / Actor Runs Away After A Snake Was Introduced To His Scene (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.