Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,164 members, 7,829,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? (16422 Views)

We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / Africa Needs Indigenous Investment, Not Foreign Aid - Achebe Colloquium / Foreign Aid (pros And Cons) Problems & Solutions "Help" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 9:17am On Jun 26, 2011
0lumide:

What right are you saying they shouldn't have? like marriage? How does gayYY marriage affect anyone?

job opportunity? How does being gayyy affect how you work?

They should not have any right that protects or approves of their deviancy! The deviancy should not be legitimised!

They should function under existing laws.

If you want to marry, marry an opposite sex or forget about it.

You have the same job opportunity rights as everyone else.

davidylan:

man-lover marriage doesnt affect you until your children are forced to accept it as natural in textbooks. Your kids can no longer use the term "man-lover" or else face severe punishment and possible evaluation by a therapist. . . your child is forced to no longer use the term "father and mother" to describe the family anymore.

I would hate to have my child learn (by force) that being man-lover is ok.

Before they even feed it to your kids at school, they would have brought it to your living room through TV programmes and soap-operas as normal and nice.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 9:26am On Jun 26, 2011
You give them fcking rights and they are allowed to pressure and blackmail companies to show their support for "diversity".

Soon your kids meal toys will not be Barbie and Ken anymore, but sometimes Barry and Ken.

Triple fck that!
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 26, 2011
Sagamite:

They should not have any right that protects or approves of their deviancy! The deviancy should not be legitimised!

They should function under existing laws.

If you want to marry, marry an opposite sex or forget about it.

You have the same job opportunity rights as everyone else.

Before they even feed it to your kids at school, they would have brought it to your living room through TV programmes and soap-operas as normal and nice.

LOL, What does a man marrying man do to you? nothing!!! Charity begins at home so you are your child's best teacher, You have the right to turn off the channels,

davidylan:

man-lover marriage doesnt affect you until your children are forced to accept it as natural in textbooks. Your kids can no longer use the term "man-lover" or else face severe punishment and possible evaluation by a therapist. . . your child is forced to no longer use the term "father and mother" to describe the family anymore.

0lumide:

I'm not saying it's natural for humans even though some animals are gayyy,  I'm just saying how does their way of life affect you without special right? If ppl don't want their kids to be taught the gross act, it will be against their right to force it on them,  Same way Muslim kids are not forced to Christian religious studies,  Unless they are granted special rights, their lifestyle doesn't affect ours,  

Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2011
0lumide:

LOL, What does a man marrying man do to you? nothing!!! Charity begins at home so you are your child's best teacher,  You have the right to turn off the channels,

You have to start thinking laterally.

People who marry are part of my society's structure.

I would have sense in having a say in my society's structure as it affects me.

I would have more sense preventing the opportunity of filth getting on my TV instead of the hassle of trying to figure out and always be present when to change my channel.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 26, 2011
Sagamite:

You give them fcking rights and they are allowed to pressure and blackmail companies to show their support for "diversity".

Soon your kids meal toys will not be Barbie and Ken anymore, but Barry and Ken.

Triple fck that!

Examples - eHarmony (forced to either include a man-lover section or shut-down - even though the founder is christian and against homosexuality), Target (for daring to donate to a political group that is anti-homosexuality - talk of free speech!), AT&T (forced to include sexual orientation in its discrimination policy).

Yeah, this was all about "rights".
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2011
davidylan:

Examples - eHarmony (forced to either include a man-lover section or shut-down - even though the founder is christian and against homosexuality), Target (for daring to donate to a political group that is anti-homosexuality - talk of free speech!).

Yeah, this was all about "rights".

FCK LAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!

And some dumbos will be asking how does it affect your life. Some will even say they are highly educated.

People have to fcking start having some foresight and prescience.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 26, 2011
Sagamite:

Soon your kids meal toys will not be Barbie and Ken anymore, but Barry and Ken.

Triple fck that!

I think yours is a case of paranoia cause all you are saying is funny and are either wordplay or your are serious, None of what you've said can happen,

Have you been to Vancouver B.C? Go to davis street; their trash cans are painted purple because it's a gay community etc, They haven't for once tried to force the entire downtown vancouver to paint their trash cans purple because gay ppl live their, They just have their community and are happy with just that,

I think you listen to many conservative conversations on this issue, chill bro, gays are not coming for you or your lifestyle lol,
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 9:37am On Jun 26, 2011
0lumide:

I think yours is a case of paranoia cause all you are saying is funny and are either wordplay or your are serious,  None of what you've said can happen,

Have you been to Vancouver B.C? Go to davis street; their trash cans are painted purple because it's a man-lover community etc,  They haven't for once tried to force the entire downtown vancouver to paint their trash cans purple because man-lover ppl live their,  They just have their community and are happy with just that,

I think you listen to many conservative conversations on this issue,  chill bro,  man-loving-men are not coming for you or your lifestyle lol,

You must be smoking some shyt I don't understand.

Be more observant about your society.

What the fck did you say is not possible?

And how the fck do you explain that eHarmony example?

And how the fck do you explain companies having a Stonewall certification in their employment status? (Stonewall is a poofter defending organisation)
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 26, 2011
0lumide:

I think yours is a case of paranoia cause all you are saying is funny and are either wordplay or your are serious,  None of what you've said can happen,

Have you been to Vancouver B.C? Go to davis street; their trash cans are painted purple because it's a man-lover community etc,  They haven't for once tried to force the entire downtown vancouver to paint their trash cans purple because man-lover ppl live their,  They just have their community and are happy with just that,

I think you listen to many conservative conversations on this issue,  chill bro,  man-loving-men are not coming for you or your lifestyle lol,

My problem with the liberal left is their inability to think out of the box. To them, everything can be simplified into empty cliches and mindless propaganda. If the gay community has conned you into believing all they are after is to be left alone to paint their trash cans purple then there is no way to make you see reason.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 26, 2011
Sagamite:

You have to start thinking laterally.

People who marry are part of my societies structure.

I would have sense in having a say in my societies structure as it affects me.

I would have more sense preventing the opportunity of filth getting on my TV instead of the hassle of trying to figure out and always be present when to change my channel.

They have as much say as you do bro, If you don't like what is on TV? subcribe to a different channel; call your cable provider today lol,

Sagamite:

FCK LAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!

And some dumbos will be asking how does it affect your life. Some will even say they are highly educated.

People have to fcking start having some foresight and prescience.

Hey potty mouth watch it!!!
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by blackpanda: 9:42am On Jun 26, 2011
@sagamite

U are deeply homophobic, sorry but that's the truth. And its understandable because pple often fear what they do not understand. And fear begets hate, and hate anger.
Wot u have failed to understand (as well as most Nigerians) is that being a homosexual is NOT a social calling, its not a club (in which u can hop in and out) and its certainly a choice that pple are allowed to make. Its just a fact of nature: not all of us are straight. Its this homophobia that has forced pple to commit suicide in the past, because they are taught and forced to believe that what they are is bad, a sin and an abomination! Before u raise ur hammer of hate to strike anyone, remember that if that child u seek to prvent from knowing the truth may infact be gay as well. Further, statistically it is impossible that there is any family on earth which does not have at least one homosexual. The fact that they choose to hide in the closet, thereby making u unaware does not mean they don't exist! Which would prefer, teaching your kids to be tolerable and accepting, or filling their heads with hate, fear and guilt ??!
Nevertheless, I know that the battle to eradicate this ignorance, fear and hate is going to be a long one! There are many homosexuals living in disguise in our country, many even married wit kids just to satisfy what society deems as "normal". I know gay couples who are still together, inspite of the fact that they are married to women! Sometimes, I only feel sorry for their unsuspecting wives. Its a pity, just imagine to horror of finding that ur husband of many years is infact gay! Its shocking, but that's how society has forced gay men to live their lives, in the closet and in a web of lies!
These are just a few of the implications of homophobia which the uk as well as certain civil societies are fighting to put an end to.
Really, let us step back and consider, what has hate and fear really contributed to our development as a nation?? We should be preaching tolerance and freedom bocause the only constant thing in life is change.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 26, 2011
Olumide might need to watch it in the event he tries to launch a private matchmaking business . . . the eHarmony example . . .

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454904,00.html]eHarmony to Provide Gay Dating Service After Lawsuit[/url]
Online dating service eHarmony has agreed to create a new Web site — "Compatible Partners" — for gay and lesbian users, the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General announced.
Created as part of a settlement with Eric McKinley, a gay man from New Jersey, the Web site will provide services for users seeking same-sex partners by March 31, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights Director J. Frank Vespa-Papaleo said.
eHarmony, which was founded by Dr. Neil Clark Warren in 2000, said[b] the settlement was triggered by a Law Against Discrimination complaint filed by McKinley against the online service on March 14, 2005. As part of the agreement, eHarmony will pay McKinley $5,000 and will provide him a one-year complimentary membership.[/b]
eHarmony — which was not found in violation of the law — also agreed to ensure that same-sex users will be matched using the same or equivalent technology used for its heterosexual clients. It will also post photographs of same-sex couples in its "Diversity" section of its Web site and in advertising materials.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 9:42am On Jun 26, 2011
davidylan:

My problem with the liberal left is their inability to think out of the box. To them, everything can be simplified into empty cliches and mindless propaganda. If the man-lover community has conned you into believing all they are after is to be left alone to paint their trash cans purple then there is no way to make you see reason.

The guy needs to start thinking laterally.

He sounds like the typical progressive-wannabee, "I am intelligent" when they are not crew we have seen on NL. undecided

0lumide:

They have as much say as you do bro,  If you don't like what is on TV? subcribe to a different channel; call your cable provider today lol,

Hey potty mouth watch it!!!

Stop chatting shyt and start thinking laterally!

Which cable provider are you going to call when all would be forced not to exclude poofter content or else close down?
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by iragbijile: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2011
davidylan:

man-lover marriage doesnt affect you until your children are forced to accept it as natural in textbooks.

How is it not natural?

your child is forced to no longer use the term "father and mother" to describe the family anymore.

The words father and mother have meanings to you because you, like the rest of the world, have been conditioned to draw meanings from them, not because they have some intrinsic worth or special arrangement of the alphabets that make them sound more pleasant  or more positive than other words.

You just have to unlearn whatever positives you attach to 'father' and 'mother' and if possible accept that there isnt anything untoward in 'man-lover-lover.'  You have the power to choose how you perceive and draw meanings from words. And this is definitely, I suppose, the kind of deep awareness you'd rather have your children have. The awareness to decide how they draw meanings from happenings around them.

Well, they have no option. Black people were deemed inferior to Whites not too long ago, they were not allowed in the Mormon Church, disenfranchised, just because some people felt, then, how you feel now. It is up to you to rise above petty discrimination, and accord everyone else the same rights, freedom, and happiness you want for yourself.

This has very little to do with you. It is about living and allowing others to live.  Because the essence of civilization isnt just about interacting with people that  look like you alone, it is not about hanging out only with people with thick accents in upscale NY grin, and definitely not about walling yourself off from people with different POV from yours. Ultimately, it is about tolerating other people.  

Just as how some people have tolerated you, the least you can do is to pass it forward, tolerating others, even though you may not always agree with their lifestyle.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2011
davidylan:

My problem with the liberal left is their inability to think out of the box. To them, everything can be simplified into empty cliches and mindless propaganda. If the man-lover community has conned you into believing all they are after is to be left alone to paint their trash cans purple then there is no way to make you see reason.

Don't mistake me for a liberal bro neither am I conservative though,

Tell companies not to take money from gays to promote their lifestyles, Yes many, TV stations etc, are paid to do what they do, they are not controlled by the government, I am yet to see any channel gay oriented as sagamite would like us to believe,

They are not after you or your lifestyle jor!! chilll!!!
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 9:47am On Jun 26, 2011
blackpanda:

@sagamite

U are deeply homophobic, sorry but that's the truth. And its understandable because pple often fear what they do not understand. And fear begets hate, and hate anger.
Wot u have failed to understand (as well as most Nigerians) is that being a Same-sex is NOT a social calling, its not a club (in which u can hop in and out) and its certainly a choice that pple are allowed to make. Its just a fact of nature: not all of us are straight. Its this homophobia that has forced pple to commit suicide in the past, because they are taught and forced to believe that what they are is bad, a sin and an abomination! Before u raise your hammer of hate to strike anyone, remember that if that child u seek to prvent from knowing the truth may infact be man-lover as well. Further, statistically it is impossible that there is any family on earth which does not have at least one Same-sex. The fact that they choose to hide in the closet, thereby making u unaware does not mean they don't exist! Which would prefer, teaching your kids to be tolerable and accepting, or filling their heads with hate, fear and guilt ??!
Nevertheless, I know that the battle to eradicate this ignorance, fear and hate is going to be a long one! There are many homosexuals living in disguise in our country, many even married wit kids just to satisfy what society deems as "normal". I know man-lover couples who are still together, inspite of the fact that they are married to women! Sometimes, I only feel sorry for their unsuspecting wives. Its a pity, just imagine to horror of finding that your husband of many years is infact man-lover! Its shocking, but that's how society has forced man-lover men to live their lives, in the closet and in a web of lies!
These are just a few of the implications of homophobia which the uk as well as certain civil societies are fighting to put an end to.
Really, let us step back and consider, what has hate and fear really contributed to our development as a nation?? We should be preaching tolerance and freedom bocause the only constant thing in life is change.

No, I am pro-normal not homophobic.

You have a lot of rants there, and I don't have the patience to address all.

To start with, it is incredibly dumb to say I fear poofs. I don't.

Your rant is trying to pull the emotional strings, which is normally the only grounds for accepting poofterism. I normally only use logic.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by kwibus7: 9:48am On Jun 26, 2011
End time,
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 26, 2011
blackpanda:

@sagamite

Wot u have failed to understand (as well as most Nigerians) is that being a Same-sex is NOT a social calling, its not a club (in which u can hop in and out) and its certainly a choice that pple are allowed to make. Its just a fact of nature: not all of us are straight. Its this homophobia that has forced pple to commit suicide in the past, because they are taught and forced to believe that what they are is bad, a sin and an abomination! Before u raise your hammer of hate to strike anyone, remember that if that child u seek to prvent from knowing the truth may infact be man-lover as well. Further, statistically it is impossible that there is any family on earth which does not have at least one Same-sex. The fact that they choose to hide in the closet, thereby making u unaware does not mean they don't exist! Which would prefer, teaching your kids to be tolerable and accepting, or filling their heads with hate, fear and guilt ??!
Nevertheless, I know that the battle to eradicate this ignorance, fear and hate is going to be a long one! There are many homosexuals living in disguise in our country, many even married wit kids just to satisfy what society deems as "normal". I know man-lover couples who are still together, inspite of the fact that they are married to women! Sometimes, I only feel sorry for their unsuspecting wives. Its a pity, just imagine to horror of finding that your husband of many years is infact man-lover! Its shocking, but that's how society has forced man-lover men to live their lives, in the closet and in a web of lies!

More "progressive" drivel. sigh.

1. I think its time we called this claims of "homophobia" what it is . . . pure nonsense and an insidious attempt to muzzle the right to NOT agree with an alternative lifestyle. Is it hydrophobic to not like to drink water?

2. I stopped reading at the above in highlights - the easiest proof that homosexuality is NOT a "fact of nature" is that reproduction is impossible in such relationships. The goal of nature (if we are to believe evolution for 2 secs) is to ensure the survival of a specie. Homosexuality cannot have evolved as part of nature if not you and i would long have ceased to exist as a race. Its funny that a lifestyle that is supposedly a "fact of nature" depends on heterosexuality to survive!

3. When is marrying my cat, marrying 3 wives or choosing to have sex with a minor going to be accepted as a "fact of nature"? Why are those crimes and homosexuality is a "fact of nature"?
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 9:49am On Jun 26, 2011
davidylan:

Olumide might need to watch it in the event he tries to launch a private matchmaking business . . . the eHarmony example . . .

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454904,00.html]eHarmony to Provide man-lover Dating Service After Lawsuit[/url]
Online dating service eHarmony has agreed to create a new Web site — "Compatible Partners" — for man-lover and lady-loving-lady users, the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General announced.
Created as part of a settlement with Eric McKinley, a man-lover man from New Jersey, the Web site will provide services for users seeking same-sex partners by March 31, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights Director J. Frank Vespa-Papaleo said.
eHarmony, which was founded by Dr. Neil Clark Warren in 2000, said[b] the settlement was triggered by a Law Against Discrimination complaint filed by McKinley against the online service on March 14, 2005. As part of the agreement, eHarmony will pay McKinley $5,000 and will provide him a one-year complimentary membership.[/b]
eHarmony — which was not found in violation of the law — also agreed to ensure that same-sex users will be matched using the same or equivalent technology used for its heterosexual clients. It will also post photographs of same-sex couples in its "Diversity" section of its Web site and in advertising materials.

They fcking put poofter rights over the owner's religious rights and some dumbos have the guts to still be asking how it affects you.

His religious rights was completely trampled upon.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 26, 2011
Sagamite:

The guy needs to start thinking laterally.

He sounds like the typical progressive-wannabee, "I am intelligent" when they are not crew we have seen on NL. undecided

Stop chatting shyt and start thinking laterally!

Which cable provider are you going to call when all would be forced not to exclude poofter content or else close down?

And you think you are intelligent abi?

So are you saying all the channels on your skybox are promoting gayyy lifestyles? Come out of thre closet bro!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2011
0lumide:

And you think you are intelligent abi?

So are you saying all the channels on your skybox are promoting gayyy lifestyles? Come out of thre closet bro!! grin grin grin grin grin

I am your intellectual God!

If I recall correctly, you said cable provider? Fooool, since when did cable provider become channel?

And what you were asked to do based on your dumb post is to explain the case of eHarmony since you said such is paranoia.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 26, 2011
iragbijile:

How is it not natural?

What is its intrinsic value to the survival of the human specie? The goal of heterosexuality from the begining of time has been procreation . . . what is the goal of homosexuality? and please no one bring bonobo monkeys here.

iragbijile:

The words father and mother have meanings to you because you, like the rest of the world, have been conditioned to draw meanings from them, not because they have some intrinsic worth or special arrangement of the alphabets that make them sound more pleasant  or more positive than other words.
You just have to unlearn whatever positives you attach to 'father' and 'mother'

I have to unlearn the FACT that a man (called father) provides sperm to seed a woman (called mother) born with eggs so i can begin to exist? lol The way these "intelligent" progressives argue sef.

iragbijile:

Well, they have no option. Black people were deemed inferior to Whites not too long ago, they were not allowed in the Mormon Church, disenfranchised, just because some people felt, then, how you feel now. It is up to you to rise above petty discrimination, and accord everyone else the same rights, freedom, and happiness you want for yourself.

What is funny to me is that this is the argument that is used most prominently to force homosexuality down our throats. Interestingly, blacks are FAR LESS likely to promote homosexuality than whites, many of whom still retain racist ideas about blacks! When prop 8 failed in carlifornia, blacks got the brunt of the anger from the gay community. So much for their concern about "civil rights".

iragbijile:

This has very little to do with you. It is about living and allowing others to live.

it is about allowing Dr. Warren to run his matchmaking service without being forced to include gays which is against his conscience.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by iragbijile: 10:03am On Jun 26, 2011
davidylan:

2. I stopped reading at the above in highlights - the easiest proof that homosexuality is NOT a "fact of nature" is that reproduction is impossible in such relationships. The goal of nature (if we are to believe evolution for 2 secs) is to ensure the survival of a specie. Homosexuality cannot have evolved as part of nature if not you and i would long have ceased to exist as a race. Its funny that a lifestyle that is supposedly a "fact of nature" depends on heterosexuality to survive!

So your claim, THE BREAD AND BUTTER OF it is based on a theory that is yet to be finalized? And yet you do know that the gratest invention of the last 50 yrs has been the 'birth' of molecular biology. What if tomorrow, someone is able to locate the genes that decide heterosexuality Vs. Homosexuality?

marrying 3 wives or choosing to Be Intimate with a minor going to be accepted as a "fact of nature"? Why are those crimes and homosexuality is a "fact of nature"?

So you mean marrying three wives isnt a fact of nature? So Abiola, marrying more than 4 wives, was unnatural? Fela? If being in a monogamous marriage is 'natural' how come around 70% of mean cheat, according to Kinsey?

And BTW, where is marrying three wives a crime?

With regards to your reference to pedophilia, lets just say, you misspoke. I want to believe you have more sense than that, at least, that is the impression I have been given
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 26, 2011
Sagamite:

They fcking put poofter rights over the owner's religious rights and some dumbos have the guts to still be asking how it affects you.

His religious rights was completely trampled upon.

Mehn you de make me laf oooo

Discrimination is discrimination simple!!! Did they put it there that no man-loving-men allowed before the man registered? This is business,  Your religion doesn't count in a constitution,

Funny how you guys will be the ones crying Nigeria is being islamized and used the constitution which doesn't recognize religion to pass laws as cover,  But when it suits you, you insert religion into anything!!!

In the USA, whether you accept gayys or not, you are not allowed to discriminate simple!!! His religion is not the constitution of the United States of America!!! SIMPLE!! The man is lucky he only gets to pay 5k; he should've paid more
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 26, 2011
hahahaha!!! No one's religion is the constitution,

@davidylan

Law against discrimination, If I have a dating website, I will make it open to all not just ppl with my type os orientation,

i de go sleep jor!! 2am here jor!!
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 26, 2011
iragbijile:

So your claim, THE BREAD AND BUTTER OF it is based on a theory that is yet to be finalized? And yet you do know that the gratest invention of the last 50 yrs has been the 'birth' of molecular biology. What if tomorrow, someone is able to locate the genes that decide heterosexuality Vs. Homosexuality?

Sorry, no such gene exists! Enough of this nonsense. With the exception of genetic mutations, EVERY HUMAN born to a woman is genetically programmed for a future heterosexual relationship. What would be the benefit of having a woman born with eggs if she was born with a so-called homosexual gene? Why would a man need a prostate if he is allegedly born with a homosexual gene?

iragbijile:

So you mean marrying three wives isnt a fact of nature? So Abiola, marrying more than 4 wives, was unnatural? Fela? If being in a monogamous marriage is 'natural' how come around 70% of mean cheat, according to Kinsey?

It is a crime here in the US to be married to more than one woman at a time. Why does the gay community think that is unnatural enough to warrant a jail sentence?

iragbijile:

And BTW, where is marrying three wives a crime?

With regards to your reference to pedophilia, lets just say, you misspoke. I want to believe you have more sense than that, at least, that is the impression I have been given

hmm US bigamy laws?

With regard to your claims on pedophilia . . . i'm sorry but you will have to do better than an unhelpful dodgy retort that says nothing. If homosexuality is natural then so is marrying a minor. Pedophilia is itself a man-made law, 500 yrs ago it was perfectly ok to marry a woman who had not yet reached puberty. Ask your arab friends.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 26, 2011
0lumide:

Discrimination is discrimination simple!!! Did they put it there that no man-loving-men allowed before the man registered? This is business,  Your religion doesn't count in a constitution,

Funny how you guys will be the ones crying Nigeria is being islamized and used the constitution which doesn't recognize religion to pass laws as cover,  But when it suits you, you insert religion into anything!!!

In the USA, whether you accept gayys or not, you are not allowed to discriminate simple!!! His religion is not the constitution of the United States of America!!! SIMPLE!! The man is lucky he only gets to pay 5k; he should've paid more

eHarmony is set up as a matchmaking site to provide help to heterosexual couples (which is what Dr. Warren specializes in as a psychologist). Nothing to do with his religious affiliation. I suppose he is allowed within his rights to decide he cannot competently provide gay matchmaking service right?
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2011
0lumide:

Discrimination my arse!

In Nigeria, it is not discrimination and we will ensure it is never by not giving moooronic rights to deviants.

We will not have a situation where pandering to poofters will be forced on us.

It is quite dumb to use example of people complaining Nigeria is being Islamised. Nigeria is full of people that are not Muslims and the country is formed based on secularity. Start using your brain to think before talking rather than your arse.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 26, 2011
iragbijile:

When gay propagandists lose the argument they start touting "science" as if the rest of us are dumb artists.

Now lets look at this laughable claim for a homosexual gene . . .

1. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of "molecular biology" knows that phenotype is less likely to be driven by a single gene than a network of related or unrelated genes. for example, there is no one single gene that determines whether you are born a man or woman. There is no one gene that determines how eggs are produced in a woman . . . neither is there one gene that determines what size your pen_is will become. The corrollary is that there will NEVER be a "homosexuality gene".

2. The human body is designed so intricately and for a particular purpose - to enhance survival of our species by heterosexual procreation. The female v_agina is designed to fit a peni_s (any size!), what is the natural (genetically determined) equivalent in a man (in this case male-male homosexual relationship)? Shouldnt a homosexual gene have taken care of this over the millions of years it took us to develop genes that make us what we are today?
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by iragbijile: 10:36am On Jun 26, 2011
davidylan:

What is its intrinsic value to the survival of the human specie? The goal of heterosexuality from the begining of time has been procreation . . . what is the goal of homosexuality? and please no one bring bonobo monkeys here.

The goal of Homosexuality? Why should there be an obvious goal for homosexuality for us to accept it a natural phenomenon? What is the purpose of life?

Using Rijkaard's analogy, that to win a match, you just have to score one more goal than your opponent. For the human specie to survive, we just need to have more heterosexuals than homosexuals. And so far, that is exactly what is going on. As long as the balance continue to be in favor of heterosexuals, human specie will continue to survive. And with the rate at which world populations is increasing, maybe the goal of homosexuality is to peg the rate of increase of our species. Maybe, this is how nature tries to balance things off, who knows.

In trying to shape your argument around  the impact of homosexuality on our survival, you dont have to compartmentalize the issue between homos and heteros alone. You have to look at the big picture, including bringing bisexuals into the picture. Compartmentalizing the argument between homos and heteros alone is intellectual laziness IMO.

What is funny to me is that this is the argument that is used most prominently to force homosexuality down our throats. Interestingly, blacks are FAR LESS likely to promote homosexuality than whites, many of whom still retain racist ideas about blacks! When prop 8 failed in carlifornia, blacks got the brunt of the anger from the man-lover community. So much for their concern about "civil rights".

What does that have to do with anything. Present generation Blacks dont know much about their history and most of them have been brainwashed by mainstream media to see homosexuality as evil.

That having been said, the principle behind my analogy is what I will like you to focus on.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by vicenzo(m): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2011
Funny how some of the people promoting bigotry here while bashing the british resides in britain,seriously, if you are so passionate about your homophobia campaign,why don't you leave the perverted british for your holy nigeria,i guess the goodies the brits have to offer is too tempting,even there in britain,we still have bigots,but the truth is that such bigots don't get to wield power,unlike here where bigots wield power,and you wonder why the country is in limbo.

Someone was suggesting a referendum on homosexuality,seriously,since when has what two consenting adults do become top on the list of our priority in this country,apart from hiding behind an abandoned tradition and a foreign religion,what do we have against homosexuals apart from the fact that what they do is disgusting and gross,how does what is disgusting to people affect the price of kerosene and petrol,the state of our infrastruction and economy,heck! I find the act of applying red lipsticks by some ladies disgusting and gross,so what next? Call a referendum to see who is with me so that we can ban ban red lipstick in nigeria,i am sure papa kumuiyi and his deeper life members will support me,the question is, how does any of these apart from pleasing the bigots improve our standard of living in this country.
Don't we have a bigger fish to fry? How about our much needed sovereign national conference,how about a referendum to know who still wants to remain in this country,why are our leaders chasing shadows? Notice how easy it was to make a law against gays and how difficult it was to pass the FOI bill.

Bigotry in all forms should be condemed,you find it difficult to understand how a man will want to shag another man,likewise does the racist who cornered you in an alley with a knife is finding it difficult to understand why a man should chose the wear a black skin rather than a white skin,oh! Wouldn't you want him to understand you were born black,goodluck trying to convince him.
Re: Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? by Sagamite(m): 11:10am On Jun 26, 2011
vicenzo:

Funny how some of the people promoting bigotry here while bashing the british resides in britain,seriously, if you are so passionate about your homophobia campaign,why don't you leave the perverted british for your holy nigeria,i guess the goodies the brits have to offer is too tempting,even there in britain,we still have bigots,but the truth is that such bigots don't get to wield power,unlike here where bigots wield power,and you wonder why the country is in limbo.

Someone was suggesting a referendum on homosexuality,seriously,since when has what two consenting adults do become top on the list of our priority in this country,apart from hiding behind an abandoned tradition and a foreign religion,what do we have against homosexuals apart from the fact that what they do is disgusting and gross,how does what is disgusting to people affect the price of kerosene and petrol,the state of our infrastruction and economy,heck! I find the act of applying red lipsticks by some ladies disgusting and gross,so what next? Call a referendum to see who is with me so that we can ban ban red lipstick in nigeria,i am sure papa kumuiyi and his deeper life members will support me,the question is, how does any of these apart from pleasing the bigots improve our standard of living in this country.
Don't we have a bigger fish to fry? How about our much needed sovereign national conference,how about a referendum to know who still wants to remain in this country,why are our leaders chasing shadows? Notice how easy it was to make a law against man-loving-men and how difficult it was to pass the FOI bill.

Bigotry in all forms should be condemed,you find it difficult to understand how a man will want to sleep with another man,likewise does the racist who cornered you in an alley with a knife is finding it difficult to understand why a man should chose the wear a black skin rather than a white skin,oh! Wouldn't you want him to understand you were born black,goodluck trying to convince him.

What a dumb post!

Homosexual issues should be the singular factor of determining where one should be resident?

Why do I have to be dealing with dumb people like this FFS?

Two consenting adults? And so?

Does the same Britain that is dictating not ban two consenting adults from engaging with each other?

Homosexuality is obviously not a priority in Nigeria, it is not even an issue. If people want to make it an issue, then we will. At the moment, it is insignificant shyt.

And the normal mooronic comparison of poofterism to racism. As dumb as comparing paedophilia to racism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19)

Orji Uzor Kalu In Lagos Court For His Corruption Trial (photos) / President Buhari Arrives Washington DC Ahead Of US-Africa Summit (Photos) / Tinubu Blasts PDP, Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.