Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? (32752 Views)

How Much Would You Charge Me To Build An App? / How Much Would You Charge To Create A Ride Sharing Application Like Uber / How Much Do You Charge For Your Mobile App creation I need some app developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Techguy96(m): 3:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
For non company projects. I have charged like 300 USD for a simple JavaScript carousel which had like ten lines of code. I however charged someone in Nigeria like 800k to build a WordPress theme. Only 150k was paid and I kuku locked the site. They no send till today. That was the end for me and working for Nigerians.
Omo and here's me charging 100k naira for full e commerce.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Allisgud: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
avalon7:

No one can teach you web development. All the resources you need are online and you can access most of them for free.
really so how do I get started on line
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Omniman(m): 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2022
50k - 3.5m

grin
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Javalord000(m): 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
QueTeddy:

Nigerians could be the worst you would deal with. I was to work with one guy for an assignment, 4 actually and I did one free, these assignments include creating websites and using Flask in python, one included creating a type of game too. I told him, since its assignment, he should bring 60k for the 3, I'll leave one out as he was half done with it, He said 25k. I just blocked him without even saying anything.

Funny enough I told someone 187k for a restaurant website, she said, she thought it would be 15k for everything

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Web2020: 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
Is there anyone here that can build insurance software from scratch? If there is any, kindly let me know. I have a project for you.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Samwils: 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
For non company projects. I have charged like 300 USD for a simple JavaScript carousel which had like ten lines of code. I however charged someone in Nigeria like 800k to build a WordPress theme. Only 150k was paid and I kuku locked the site. They no send till today. That was the end for me and working for Nigerians.

Hello sir, I'd love to learn this skill set. However, I'd wish to know how long it will take to become a master in this skill set.

Your reply will be much appreciated.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by promisedeco(m): 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
Henrydata:
Please who can design a data selling website for me like Datavilla, Datamarkertng, super jara and so on.....
You can send me a DM
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by bepositive11: 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
teddyK:
Can someone please teach me web development?

Watch YouTube videos
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Aaae: 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Too low in nigeria
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by ospreywin(m): 3:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
Tomahawk99:
I'm not a web developer but following this thread, it's informative.
Did web dev during my 3 yrs in school... switched to infosec and now a penetration tester.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by JuanDeDios: 3:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:
I charged like 200usd for a Chrome Extension, because it was quick. The highest I charged for a project was 2M naira and it was a Company project it dragged for long and only 400k was paid.

Yeah
Not good at all. I hope you find clients with integrity next time.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by mentro: 3:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
avalon7:
I am a block-chain developer atm and i also don't work for Nigerians, it's either they end up not paying you or they pay partly or they expect the world from you because they gave you ordinary 200k or so.
Do you work for a company as a Blockchain developer or you freelance?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by pacespot(m): 3:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
Charges are relative but I have never worked with a Nigerian. People should be focused on improving their skills more than anything. If you know your value in web development and how to market it, people will definitely come to you.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by donproject2(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
FishFisher:
I just need a mentor who I will lean on wen the codes stuck !

Pls I just need a whatsap contact

Pm me, and let me know the tools you use before hand
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by emmyN(m): 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2022
airsaylongcome:

₦1.5m per month is probably the absolute minimum a remote job should pay. And yes Qtguru should be able to pull that easily.

There are entry level jobs paying ₦3.4m monthly if you know where to look

For a beginner skilled only in HTML, CSS and JavaScript, what is a fair pay to ask?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by Greenier: 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
Follow Agba Akin on Twitter and thank me later.
teddyK:
Can someone please teach me web development?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
emmyN:

For a beginner skilled only in HTML, CSS and JavaScript, what is a fair pay to ask?

Your only leverage is past projects and experience if you have no experience my advice is start small with freelance
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by akigbemaru: 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

JavaScript / HTML + CSS / Chrome API

it's easier if people join the slack group airsaylongcome is a strong person in our group and he shares alot of info on gigs and jobs. NL here it's the same old web gigs people are looking at.

tensazangetsu20 can attest to that
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by akigbemaru: 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
Infomartdev:
If you're a software developer with 2+ years of experience, have a great skill in creativity and innovation, the ability to deliver in a high-pressure environment, immense experience in software development and are interested in working at well-paying and leading tech start-ups in the Nordics, please send your CV to kolawole@ambitiousafrica.org. All you need to do is pass one of these tests (emphasis on React.js, Vue.js & Node.js). Once you've passed the smart test, you will qualify for the role (+ all our other React.js/Node.js and Vue.js positions).
These positions are full-time remote and long-term career-oriented positions with Nordic benefits (paid holiday and parental leave).
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by donproject2(m): 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
Codeye:
Please anyone who is willing to teach. I need skills computer related skills

Pm me
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
I'm out , pls join our slack group if you are a dev and for non devs follow my diary, I will cover upwork gigs for non devs/tech.

There's hope you just need to be serious and focused, I've tried mentoring people but lack of patience and focus is often the problem. There is no quick wealth

Later

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by donproject2(m): 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2022
SmartPolician:

How much do you charge and you are blowing grammar. That's how people fail exams and start blaming village people and lecturers for it.

How much do you then charge?
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by YellowMayor(m): 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
mountmoriah:
Nice topic.

Meanwhile I sell iron rod

Payment on delivery

8mm

10mm

12mm

16mm

20mm

Check my signature for your ordering

Thanks

I'll advise that you create a thread for your business/es and put the link on your signature for potential customers to follow for most recent updates on prices. Wish you good luck
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by emmyN(m): 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:

Your only leverage is past projects and experience if you have no experience my advice is start small with freelance

Upwork right? I was looking at the job board yesterday and the pay looked outrageous. Who accepts $15 to design a website? I even saw a job ad asking for people to populate their discord server with chats to get a whitelist. Pay: $5 per 1000 chats. Bro shocked! But if it's for the experience, I guess it's worth looking into.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by donproject2(m): 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2022
Samwils:

Hello sir, I'd love to learn this skill set. However, I'd wish to know how long it will take to become a master in this skill set.

Your reply will be much appreciated.

pm
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2022
emmyN:

Upwork right? I was looking at the job board yesterday and the pay looked outrageous. Who accepts $15 to design a website? I even saw a job ad asking for people to populate their discord server with chats to get a whitelist. Pay: $5 per 1000 chats. Bro shocked! But if it's for the experience, I guess it's worth looking into.

No avoid those look at niche skills like Shopify, Chrome extension, I got paid 100usd for a quick task, don't look for low balling gigs. Which is why experience matters for leverage , it can be higher i take small gigs because of speed.
Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
emmyN:

You would have to add more value than just knowing these. Do you use a Javascript framework like React, Angular, Typescript? How good are you with these?

There's a role I'm aware off looking for someone with 4+ years experience with Advanced HTML, CSS and vanilla JS paying €60k to €80k per annum

So it boils down to your experience

Starting off I'd say entry level junior remote jobs in the US can $20 maybe $25/hr. You'd be working 40hr a week

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Charge As A Web Developer? by emmyN(m): 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
qtguru:
I'm out , pls join our slack group if you are a dev and for non devs follow my diary, I will cover upwork gigs for non devs/tech.

There's hope you just need to be serious and focused, I've tried mentoring people but lack of patience and focus is often the problem. There is no quick wealth

Later

I'm in the slack. Last I checked you posted an helpful resource for developers interested in JavaScript. I open am, 1000 pages.

Me:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired / Google Launches First Developer Space In Nigeria / For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.