Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) (44189 Views)

Zelensky Rejects U.S Evacuation Offer As Russian Assasins Parachute Into Kyiv / Ukrainians Prepare For Battle As Russian Military Surrounds Kyiv / 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by MNDY(m): 7:13am On Mar 09, 2022
Adjovi:

Yes can't you see how peaceful Libya is now and Iraq?

The situation in Libya was getting out of hand. Rebels and Gadaffi's forces were becoming something else. The only option left was regime change even though the original intention was Humanitarian Intervention.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by clockwisereport: 7:15am On Mar 09, 2022
Oogway:

I’m a doctor, what is your diagnosis? What did the doctors say was wrong with u? We can work something out from there. Because we don’t resuscitate patients with antibiotics

Anthony M Okeke also known as Faith S H is a notorious scammer on nairaland. He has been busted on several occasions
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by clockwisereport: 7:16am On Mar 09, 2022
kingscare1:

For how long shall you continue to beg bro.
Let your family get you a laptop or use your phone to do something. Anything online nowadays can fetch you money so think outside the box, withstand your predicament and strongly believe that tomorrow would be better.

I pray you become healed in Jesus name.
Never always be on self-pity, that can't make anything better but worst. Fight like a soldier till the end.

Anthony M Okeke also known as Faith S H is a notorious scammer on nairaland. He has been busted on several occasions
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by WhizdomXX(m): 7:59am On Mar 09, 2022
Reflect7:

Look bro, our problem is not just about ''our leaders''.

Our attitude as a people is the No 1 problem we have.

For example, the only reason we have unemployment in Nigeria is that Nigerians prefer foreign made goods over Nigerian made.

Contrast that with an average Chinese man who will rather buy a 'substandard' Chinese made product, than its western counterpart.

But Nigerians will laugh at you and mock you if you wear Nigerian made shoes.

''You are wearing Aba made! Local champion. Village man. Poor man''.

Women will happily pay a million naira or more for a Fendi handbag, but scream blue murder if you charge them 100k for a Nigerian branded handbag.

If all Nigerians decide tomorrow that they will only patronise Nigerian made goods, unemployment will disappear overnight and millions of new businesses will spring up to meet the new demand.

Ah. Very true indeed.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by Tumbulum: 8:18am On Mar 09, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Please I am not evil
I noticed that Muslims are so excited about the war and they are always the one cheering up Putin and wished he could just wipe out Ukraine and I ask myself what is really there interest. In their mind Ukraine is America that they love to hate while Russia is doing Allah bidding. How people can be so wicked and heartless,I don't understand.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by Gireiboy(m): 8:21am On Mar 09, 2022
PoliteActivist:

"The fool" has united the world against Russia. There is now talk of Putin going to jail after all this. But you are really being disingenuous. How hard is it for Ukrainian generals, fully backed by Russia, to remove a 44-year-old comedian just elected in 2019. This is not about Zelensky. UKRAINIAN PEOPLE DON'T WANT RUSSIA!!! Stop fooling yourself with long epistles. Zelensky has little to do with it!
Did Bush and Tony Blair when to jail?
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:22am On Mar 09, 2022
Northernblood5:
Curse be on Russia and it's supporters
You're not only ignorant of what is happening but also a f**l by saying nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by alphaNomega: 8:28am On Mar 09, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
I read a report two days ago narrating how Ukrainian troops were firing artilleries from residential areas. I was out then. I wanted to post it here on nairaland for fucktards to see. But somehow when I got home I didn't see the article again. Google must've screened it.
How will military personnel be shooting at enemy troops from residential areas and expect them not to return fire because they're in a residential area? I've seen videos of supposed Russian shelling of residential areas. It seems these Ukrainians are actually firing from civilian population with hope russia woodnt fire back. It's a pity but it's what losers do when they want to gather sympathizers from the world.
Zelensky remains the most clownish president the whole world has ever seen. The fool is in his bunker hoping throwing human shields at Russian advance would stop them. The fool doesn't realize he'll find himself exiled in some remote village in Africa in a months time, that is if putin doesn't get his bare hands on him before then. grin
Meanwhile, contrary to reports coming from western media's claiming zelensky is in the front lines, the clown is actually in some of his bunkers and only comes out once in a while to record himself saying he's in the streets or office and how he isn't afraid while constantly whinning about how the west aren't doing much to his expectation as if they even told him they would before he got on putins nerves grin it seems he actually believed NATO would stand to Russia.

While I pity Ukrainians, they should hold their pathetic president accountable for the deep shit they're in right now.
. Thank you for this interesting contribution. I saw one video like that as well.

Politicians are the same everywhere and this Zelensky guy is no different.

The Ukrainian military is using their civilians as a shield as you rightly described, Google, Facebook, and other Western controlled media centres are taking down any post that contradicts their narrative on the situation of this conflict so I'm not surprised.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by alphaNomega: 8:30am On Mar 09, 2022
Tumbulum:
I noticed that Muslims are so excited about the war and they are always the one cheering up Putin and wished he could just wipe out Ukraine and I ask myself what is really there interest. In their mind Ukraine is America that they love to hate while Russia is doing Allah bidding. How people can be so wicked and heartless,I don't understand.
You see those Muslims? Don't waste your energy bothering about them, they are very useless people.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by alphaNomega: 8:39am On Mar 09, 2022
grandstar:

I am flabbergasted by your comments and postures.

Russia, actually Putin here, no matter how you twist it, is the aggressor. He's always treated Ukraine as his "boy" and gets pissed off when his "boy" decides to put on "big man pants" like trying to join NATO.

In 2005, Ukrainians were asked if they wanted to join NATO and the vast majority were against it. What changed their views?

Russia's seizure of Crimea. As if this wasn't enough, Russia started and sponsored Russian separist rebels in the Russian dominated part of Russia. There was never any problems before then.

Why did Putin seize Crimea and sponsored separist? Because the Ukrainians booted out the extremely corrupt Putin friendly president and voted in their preferred candidate. This vexed Putin and he chose to teach his "boy" a lesson. The lesson was-Don't cross my path. Toe my line.

Thats what pushed Ukraine to get into NATO. Putins bullying. Ukraine wasnt the first time he's pushed a country around. In 2008, he launched an attack on tiny Georgia, primarily because he didn't like the reformist president who was anti-Putin.

He recently sent troops to Kazakhstan to stop the protests that would have toppled the corrupt and autocratic president that has ruled that country for decades. Putin has persistently shown he's a supporter of dictators and very corrupt ones.

Ukraine could have avoided this war by dropping to join NATO. Joe Biden too should have urged to forget the idea too,or at least for a while.

This however does not change the fact that Putin is simply an egocentric brute and the invasion was not just unnecessary, but monstrous.
Do you know Crimea was originally a part of Russia? It was given to Ukraine dashed on them having common interests, historical and economic models, a stature that has been changing gradually and Zelensky wants to further worsen the Ukraine-russia ties by joining NATO and EU.

Your post is typical of someone whose only source of information on this conflict is Western-controlled media outlets.

If they tell you Putin is the devil and Joe Boden is the Messiah, that is what you will keep singing until they change the tune.

1 Like

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by Oogway: 9:08am On Mar 09, 2022
clockwisereport:

Na wa
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by elijahkayode(m): 10:15am On Mar 09, 2022
Northernblood5:
Curse be on Russia and it's supporters

learn to contribute, curse be you and your family
Stupid zelenskyy
Pun of the west
Blind to see the destruction you caused Ukraine which existed 100 of years peacefully with beside Russia
Zelenskyy will surely face wrath
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2022
ruggedtimi:
there are so many ongoing wars across the world. But 95% are mostly internal war caused by rebels, terrorists and separatists group mostly backed by foreign forces. Russia war with Ukraine is unique because Russia is invading another independent state without any prior provocation from Ukraine. And there is a tendency the war might escalate to an all out war just like the ww2. There have been internal battles in the Donbass region of Ukraine for a while now and it didn't get this much intention. One of the reasons u.s invaded Iraq was because iraq under the order of Sadam Hussein invaded Kuwait. What about the war in Sudan all these years no much media attention that's because is an internal thing, same as th current war in Ethiopia na Dem Dem.

STFU and go cleanse your brain from mental slavery!!!
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by Adjovi: 10:36am On Mar 09, 2022
MNDY:

The situation in Libya was getting out of hand. Rebels and Gadaffi's forces were becoming something else. The only option left was regime change even though the original intention was Humanitarian Intervention.

Exactly what you were told grin grin grin. Gaddafi was accused of having nuclear weapons, was any found in India? Libya should be peaceful after the humanitarian intervention why is it not? Iraq was alleged to be involved in 9/11 there was no proof, Iraq was accused of having WMD'S (weapons of mass destruction) by Bush. Was anything found in Iraq after the invasion? No. Why didn't NATO ask the poor innocent civilians to leave Iraq before they attacked? Nigeria needed weapon to fight bokoharam USA refused to sell to us and even have us conditions that made us end up buying weapons from Russia. I can see how peaceful they have been. You people's hypocrisy stinks to the high heaven's
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by francisisking: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2022
knowhowk:
Curse be on Russia and everyone that is happy about Killing Innocent Souls ,Curse be unto those that Instead if Condemning this they are busy Making Comparison of who kills more than the other
i rebuke this fo.olishness.. May God gives russia victory for standing up against imperialism.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by francisisking: 12:05pm On Mar 09, 2022
MNDY:

and that is the same thing russia is doing... She cannot fold her arms and watch ukrainians kill russian minorities... Same game different people but one is standing up for democracy but the other is invading if you didn't see double standard here then i cannot convince you... You are brainwashed.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by MangekyoAlt: 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
Tumbulum:
You assume I'm a Muslim?
Im a Christian. But the thing, most humans are actually hypocrites. When Israel bombed Hamas. People posted it on this forum. You need to go back to that post and see how people were flooding the comment sections with laugh emojis.
When IDF fighter jets bombed some buildings that contained human elements, people claimed it was because Hamas were firing from residential areas.
Some even called for Israel to wipe at all the Palestinians including the innocents who they claim are all potential terrorists.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by MNDY(m): 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
francisisking:
and that is the same thing russia is doing... She cannot fold her arms and watch ukrainians kill russian minorities... Same game different people but one is standing up for democracy but the other is invading if you didn't see double standard here then i cannot convince you... You are brainwashed.

The minority Russians killed can as well return to Russia. Demanding independence but your host government has the final say on it. The U.S does not invade. No matter the outcome, she goes in, in pursuit of global peace and fighting terrorism. Now, tell me that's good for global peace and not just beneficial to the U.S only.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by francisisking: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2022
MNDY:

The minority Russians killed can as well return to Russia. Demanding independence but your host government has the final say on it. The U.S does not invade. No matter the outcome, she goes in, in pursuit of global peace and fighting terrorism. Now, tell me that's good for global peace and not just beneficial to the U.S only.
but u.s can sponsor breakaway region when it suits their interest but russia cannot... You are indeed brainwashed and there is nothing i can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by PaedophileProph: 1:20pm On Mar 09, 2022
Topmaike007:
you are a liar I am a Christian 100% and belong under a region of love...oga show me video of your claim if you are saying the truth
No one cares if you are a Christian or Zoroastrian , this comment isn't about your religious inclination nor appealing to "wokeness" to sound wise.

At the breaking of that news that United states was just attacked and linked to Islamic Jihadists, the whole Arabian land was thrown into a fanfare - even your own Pantami out of excitement said "Osama bin laden is a better muslim than he is" .
Now if your don't know any fck about Islam just STFU
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by PaedophileProph: 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2022
ken6488:
it is stupid western propaganda, Russia not bringing back USSR

So you mean today if Niger republic started committing genocide on Fulanis or Benin on Yorubas , and they cry for help Nigeria will not do anything?

No, If Nigerian Fulani Government start arming and emboldening Fulani speaking tribes in Niger , Togo , Mali to cause insurrection and demanding a state just because of Some prejudice Fulani Government of Nigeria have against Mali, Niger and Togo for their not alignment into a defunct union , then it's not the fault of those Countries (Niger,Togo and Mali) to fight the Militia/Separatist arm-wing .
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by PaedophileProph: 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

The Igbos that organized the first coup,and even made a drawing sold on breads of the murdered sarduana with angel Michael atop his dead body.
You must be sick in your head.

You better agree it's right for 25% of your population getting wiped out as a result of that.

Can you reason beyond your shameful hate on Igbos or so that kept you perpetually downtrodden all your life .
Try to engage people in conversation and face the argument, as everyone Mustn't be Igbo , so shove that script down your hole
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2022
PaedophileProph:

Can you reason beyond your shameful hate on Igbos or so that kept you perpetually downtrodden all your life .
Try to engage people in conversation and face the argument, as everyone Mustn't be Igbo , so shove that script down your hole
Why you seem pained undecided?
What's the difference between your argument and mine
We know the people championing all manners of hate on the net.
Wether you're Igbo or not,why can't I justify mine too using your same logic?
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by ebufa: 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
ruggedtimi:
you should know why NATO is avoiding to join the war, firstly Ukraine is not yet a member of NATO , NATO is avoiding a nuclear war. If nuclear war happens, the whole world will feel the effect. Definitely Russia's artillery and ground weapons are mostly outdated with low morale fighters, already Russia called in Chechyna rebels and Belarus military for assistance.

you have been watching too much CNN and BBC...........the NATO philosophy of war is totally at variance with Russia's.............study the US war against Iraq and Russia's intervention against Syrian rebels in Aleppo, Syria! This is 14 days into the war and Russians have been in ground battles with Ukrainian forces from Day 1.........The USA bombed and rebombed Iraq for 1 complete month b4 the ground troops moved in! The US philosophy is to clear as much resistance b4 forces move in....to avoid as many casualties as possible!

Russian war doctrine is quite different.......they confront the enemy forces en masse, from air and ground simultaneously especially the peripheral defense lines in a war of attrition, as the enemy defense lines collapse towards the town or city they are defending, the Russian forces begin to occupy the space created not necessarily to pursue the enemy into the city but to surround the enemy force and the CITY as well! The Russian army has strategically encircled the main ukrainian army at the Dombask region in Eastern Ukrain...........Cities like Gershon,Maliupol,sumy,kharkiv have all been surrounded and the defending armies encircled completely...........they will starve and suffer the cities and armies into capitulation. Russia is giving Ukraine a good old beating........a massive bear hug!
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by ebufa: 3:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

And still struggling as we speak? You lots were same people saying Russia will run over the country in one week. Ain’t you disappointed in their show is shame?

Just look at what they displaying to the world. Everything OUTDATED!

You still saying same thing with me. Russia is struggling that he had to summon Belarusian military

Oga .......you are a babe in geo strategic studies........pick up your toys and crawl back into your playpen!
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by CoronaVirusPro: 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2022
ebufa:

Oga .......you are a babe in geo strategic studies........pick up your toys and crawl back into your playpen!

Geo strategic grin

That’s the new excuse for failure!

Nigeria is geo strategic! grin
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by ebufa: 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Geo strategic grin

That’s the new excuse for failure!

Nigeria is geo strategic! grin

this one is totally at sea! drift along olodo!
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by PoliteActivist: 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
Gireiboy:

Did Bush and Tony Blair when to jail?

No one charged nor convicted them of war crimes. As we speak, a case of war crimes is carefully being built against Mr. Putin, depositions and evidence being collected. At the appropriate time he'd be put on trial, and if convicted, find himself in jail.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by CoronaVirusPro: 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
ebufa:

this one is totally at sea! drift along olodo!

Hello!

The whole world have seen the flaws of Russia! Don’t be in one shithole and be talking “GEO STRATEGIC”

Do you work with the Russian defense ministry!

You also geo strategic, cos that’s the word for failure
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by grandstar(m): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2022
alphaNomega:
Do you know Crimea was originally a part of Russia? It was given to Ukraine dashed on them having common interests, historical and economic models, a stature that has been changing gradually and Zelensky wants to further worsen the Ukraine-russia ties by joining NATO and EU.

Your post is typical of someone whose only source of information on this conflict is Western-controlled media outlets.

If they tell you Putin is the devil and Joe Boden is the Messiah, that is what you will keep singing until they change the tune.

Your analysis of the Western media is not as fair as you make it. The press condemned the invasion of Iraq. The European press has always favored the Palestinians over the Israelis.

Aside them, you have China's News networks such as CCTV. You also have Al-Jazeera which carry a lot of anti-American news.

Also, in this time of the internet, there are many places where one can get info such as Twitter, Quora, Reddit, Youtube and various sources. So, the so-called Western press is not the almighty news source you think everyone gets their news from.

Your support of Putin rather than show moderation is too far-right and based on hatred of Western media.

My own view has always been, if you can avoid a war, avoid it. Ukraine should have avoided this war. But it is simpler said than done. Russia had already succeeded in making 2 parts of Ukraine "secede." What if he wanted more areas to break away? These are not simple issues you just fold your hands and do nothing. Nothing will satisfy Putin until he shows Ukraine who is "boss."
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by Tumbulum: 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

You assume I'm a Muslim?
Im a Christian. But the thing, most humans are actually hypocrites. When Israel bombed Hamas. People posted it on this forum. You need to go back to that post and see how people were flooding the comment sections with laugh emojis.
When IDF fighter jets bombed some buildings that contained human elements, people claimed it was because Hamas were firing from residential areas.
Some even called for Israel to wipe at all the Palestinians including the innocents who they claim are all potential terrorists.
did wake up and start bombing Hamas? You can't be trowing hundreds of rocket in a civilians neighborhood and expect a pat in the back.
Re: Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) by iyke2frankeze: 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
knowhowk:
Curse be on Russia and everyone that is happy about Killing Innocent Souls ,Curse be unto those that Instead if Condemning this they are busy Making Comparison of who kills more than the other
God destroy your lineage the way America destroyed many other countries all over the world and wipe you out of existence as America wiped out other people's family,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thomas Thabane: Lesotho's 80-Year-Old PM To Step Down / China Opposes US, EU Sanctions Against Russia ( Pix, Video) / Professor Uju Anya And Piers Morgan Clash On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.