Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,017 members, 7,810,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! (23146 Views)

Miracle: Man Survives Fall From 4,000-foot Sheer Cliff In Sri Lanka. (photos) / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 / LEARN HOW TO MAKE #200.000 ON A STRIP FOR COCOA EXPORT BUZ WITH NO CAPITAL STAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 9:09am On Jul 07, 2011
@Coogar, you have totally contradicted your argument and I am afraid your point has gotten lost in interpretation. Seyibrown said it all in response to your post. Bimbo WILL NOT have been given a visitors visa if she had told the ECO she was coming here to have a baby. She would have had to prove that she had the funds to pay for the birth etc and be granted a visa for Private medical treatment.

Clearly Bimbo did not have enough funds to get the proper visa and cunningly planned to get a visitors visa and get in through the back door. This is fraud and will only make things difficult for future applicants. Please address that rather than tap into emotions that in my view is wasted on Bimbo's case.

We are only giving our opinion with the little information we have read in the papers, we certainly do not know all the gory details but based on what I have read, She planned this all along and purely because of the implications it may have for our other Nigerians, I am against what she did. Happy for her that she and her children are safe but boy, she is a fraud! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 11:33am On Jul 07, 2011
seyibrown:

On one hand, you say she would have been granted the visa if she had told the embassy was going to  the UK with the intention of having her baby there  . ,   on a Visitor's visa?? and then on the other hand it would be right to have sent her back if found to be pregnant. Which one you dey?  lipsrsealed  There is no denying the fact that she had the option of declaring her intentions and applying for the relevant SPECIAL VISITORS VISA (PRIVATE MEDICAL TREATMENT) but instead applied for a ordinary visitors visa, thereby, deceiving the issuing officer

you should go and take lessons on how to put your points articulately. . . .

why should bimbo apply for special visitors visa(private medical treatment) when she was fit and healthy as at the time she applied for her visa? what was her ailment then? would she have known she was coming to the united kingdom to deliver 5 babies when she was only 2 months gone? that is the hypocrisy of your theory - you are making it sound bimbo knew from the very word go she was coming here to deliver 5 kids - she never knew!

i dunno why you keep muddling ma points together. first issue i raised was bimbo would have been given a visitor's visa if she had told the embassy she was coming to the uk to have a child. she might have been asked to prove she could afford the medical bills but you cannot stop a female visitor from coming to england to deliver a child. the child does not become a british citizen so there's no reason to deny any woman coming to england to have a baby. i see loads of people from the middle east coming to london to have their kids on their visitor's visa and since this incident happened, more nigerians have come to england heavily pregnant!!!

Preaching that as some people have been doing the wrong things for years and other should continue doing it is what has brought Nigeria to where it is today, and unfortunately, people like yourself will not be content until they see the UK become a 'Nigeria'. Many of our politicians are like you who have seen how to make a system work but instead choose to make it worse!  You may have been living in the UK before I was born but that experience has not spurred change in you.

you can shout, rant, cry, wail, bark and scream. . . . .bimbo has not committed any crime. if the british authorities think she has committed one, she would have been arrested before you even heard the story. you are just jealous/envious of an innocent woman who was dealt a hand by fate. she never asked for 5 children and she did not bill herself £200,000.

You left a corrupt Nigeria for better shores but the corrupt Nigerian still remains in you and you are infecting teh grass made greener by others with your poison!  Many of today's OAPs helped build this country by paying their dues. The NHS would not be there if they did not! Justifying and encouraging actions such as Bimbo's is just so wrong!

you must have married uncle tom. . . . .painting the united kingdom as if their own politicians are not corrupt. grab a book and read and count the number of mps in jail now serving time for stealing from the funds of the public purse. mrs all-white-folks-are-saints, there's corruption everywhere and in this particular case, bimbo has done nothing wrong.

Dishonesty is dishonesty; It can never become honesty!
I have said my piece . . . now I will go back to my dusty certificate and my cleaning job!  grin  grin [/b]

except that you have not advanced any of your frail points that bimbo was dishonest. . . . .
go back to your cleaning job and scrub well so your n.i contributions and taxes can be deducted and bimbo can enjoy it gladly. the ethos of united kingdom is to take a fraction from hard-working women like you and give to the needy(bimbo). grin

she has a valid naija passport(honesty)
she got a valid uk visa(honesty)
she never lied she was british(honesty)

so where's the dishonesty?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 11:43am On Jul 07, 2011
JJM:

@Coogar, you have totally contradicted your argument and I am afraid your point has gotten lost in interpretation. Seyibrown said it all in response to your post. Bimbo WILL NOT have been given a visitors visa if she had told the ECO she was coming here to have a baby. She would have had to prove that she had the funds to pay for the birth etc and be granted a visa for Private medical treatment.

she would have had to prove she had the funds to pay for the birth which she could have provided. neither the eco nor bimbo knew she was coming to the uk to deliver5 children? how much would she have expected to show if she was having just one child? £200,000? can you now see how obtuse you and seyibrown are? the issue here is no visa officer would have known bimbo was coming to pop out 5 kids. . . .she could have gotten the same visa for private medical treatment and it wouldn't have changed what eventually happened. the highest they can expect bimbo to show she has in her account would be £10,000. . . . .but her bill was £200,000 so what has changed?

Clearly Bimbo did not have enough funds to get the proper visa and cunningly planned to get a visitors visa and get in through the back door. This is fraud and will only make things difficult for future applicants. Please address that rather than tap into emotions that in my view is wasted on Bimbo's case.

how much funds are we talking about here? how did you know bimbo did not have enough funds to get the proper visa? are you psychic or bimbo's bank manager in oceanic bank? grin

We are only giving our opinion with the little information we have read in the papers, we certainly do not know all the gory details but based on what I have read, She planned this all along and purely because of the implications it may have for our other Nigerians, I am against what she did. Happy for her that she and her children are safe but boy, s[b]he is a fraud![/b] lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

something you have failed to prove. i can as well call you a fraud because of the pigment of my imagination. . . .
you do not know how much bimbo has in her account before travelling. . . .you are only guessing.
you just said here you have given your opinion on the little information you have read in the papers, it simply means 90% of your opinion is based on guesses. you cannot guess in court to convict/accuse someone as fraudulent. you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that bimbo was fraudulent. anything short of that cannot be taken serious.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2011
@ Coogar, unless you are really her husband or complicit in her plan, you are equally as in the dark as I am with regards what the true story is. You seem to be ferociously arguing her case whilst claiming all you know is what you have read.

BTW Coogar, you do not have to be dying to apply for a medical visa. Medical visa encompasses alot of things from cosmetic surgery, having a baby to life threatening surgeries. There is also absolutely no need for a learned person to throw in cheap insults when putting forward a different opinion or argument. I will therefore not even dignify your cheap and subtle insults with a response.

Moving forward;

Bimbo bought fertility drugs at a pharmacist and must have known it carried a high risk of multiple births(unless she wants to claim illiteracy) FACT
Bimbo knew she was pregnant(the number of babies is immaterial at this stage) when she was at the very least applying for the visitors visa FACT
Bimbo failed to apply for the correct visa applicable to her circumstance FACT
The requirements for applying for Medical treatment visa are more stringent as suppose to a visitors visa FACT
Bimbo (conveniently) prematurely had her babies whilst in the UK on her visitors visa FACT
Bimbo has accessed public funds(£1 0r £1million) she is not entitled to FACT
Bimbo has not returned to Nigeria since giving birth FACT
Bimbo is now working as an Avon lady which indicates that she has no intention of returning to Nigeria anytime soon FACT
Bimbo now claims her husband has abandoned her and the children FACT
Bimbo also claims she has no support network in Nigeria FACT

Contrary to your assertion, Bimbo has committed a crime by breaching the Immigration Rules-Working(Avon na work) contrary to the conditions of her visitor's visa and having recourse to public funds, again contrary to the conditions of her visitor's visa. A breach of the Immigration Rules is a crime!!!

Conclusion based on the above and leaving sentiments out of it, She is a fraud and my main crux(I keep saying this) is that it may affect other Nigerians future visa application. Nobody is perfect(God knows we all have our little skeletons in the cupboard) but lets call a spade a spade and when it comes to consequences of ones action, we can mitigate it with sentiments to reduce the sentence but stop trying to justify the actual wrong doing!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by steve13(m): 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2011
I even blame people wey dey go uk,uk na placehiesssss,future visa application my foot.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
JJM:

@ Coogar, unless you are really her husband or complicit in her plan, you are equally as in the dark as I am with regards what the true story is. You seem to be ferociously arguing her case whilst claiming all you know is what you have read.

of course, i am bimbo's husband. . . . .i actually impregnated her and i knew she would be having 5 kids the night i slept with her.
bush man mentality - so because i am arguing in favour of bimbo makes me her husband automatically. you will work as a cleaner for a lonnnng time.

BTW Coogar, you do not have to be dying to apply for a medical visa. Medical visa encompasses alot of things from cosmetic surgery, having a baby to life threatening surgeries. There is also absolutely no need for a learned person to throw in cheap insults when putting forward a different opinion or argument. I will therefore not even dignify your cheap and subtle insults with a response.

this is so laughable. . . .i did not insult you madam. . . . .i am just letting you see what your one-eyed bitterness cannot see.

Bimbo bought fertility drugs at a pharmacist and must have known it carried a high risk of multiple births(unless she wants to claim illiteracy) FACT

she has suffered several miscarriages in nigeria. she bought fertility drugs to get herself pregnant. there's a high risk of multiple births but it's not absolute. for bimbo to be accused as a fraud, there has to be a certainty she was having multiple births - do you have any proof she knew she would have multiple births?

Bimbo knew she was pregnant(the number of babies is immaterial at this stage) when she was at the very least applying for the visitors visa FACT

the number of babies is not immaterial? matter of fact, the number of babies is the crux of the matter. if she had delivered just one child, she would have paid for the medical bill cos the amount involved would have been little and she wouldn't have expected the nhs to foot her bills.

Bimbo failed to apply for the correct visa applicable to her circumstance FACT
The requirements for applying for Medical treatment visa are more stringent as suppose to a visitors visa FACT

she did not. . . . .as at the time she applied for her visa, she was fit and very healthy. bimbo must have had ante-natal treatments before she delivered. she must have paid for them because she does not have the white nhs card and this is what you and your cohorts cannot see.

Bimbo (conveniently) prematurely had her babies whilst in the UK on her visitors visa FACT

that was her intention from the word go - she never lied about that. she preferred having them here than having them in nigeria.

Bimbo has accessed public funds(£1 0r £1million) she is not entitled to FACT

yes she has accessed public funds that wasn't her fault. a problem that would have arisen either way whether she got the correct visa or not. people who come here on medical visa do not prove they have more than £200k before they were issued visas. which means, even if bimbo had applied for what you deem the correct visa, she would still have accessed public funds(£1 or £1million)

Bimbo has not returned to Nigeria since giving birth FACT

the condition of those children is delicate. i doubt the nhs would even let her travel with them. she had 5 kids for crying out loud. and if bimbo is breaching the uk laws, why isn't she in the deportation camp as we speak? why is the uk border agency looking at her case and deliberating on it. it's because they know it's a complex case with innocent children involved. she will get an extension and there's nothing you or anyone can do about it.

Bimbo is now working as an Avon lady which indicates that she has no intention of returning to Nigeria anytime soon FACT

which is not true. has avon's human resources manager admitted bimbo is one of their employees or agent?

Bimbo now claims her husband has abandoned her and the children FACT

she did not! her husband had to return to his work. he's a civil engineer in nigeria and he will not leave his job to stay with bimbo in the united kingdom.

Bimbo also claims she has no support network in Nigeria FACT

her 3 sisters are here, isn't it? the condition of her beloved children are delicate. the infant mortality rate in nigeria is high. bimbo would be very silly to go to nigeria at this point in time. if she gets another 6 months extension, then she can return. for now, let those kids get quality medical aid before they return(of course at the expense of the public purse)

Contrary to your assertion, Bimbo has committed a crime by breaching the Immigration Rules-Working(Avon na work) contrary to the conditions of her visitor's visa and having recourse to public funds, again contrary to the conditions of her visitor's visa. A breach of the Immigration Rules is a crime!!!

until avon admits they interviewed and employed bimbo as their staff, you are telling porkies. until you prove bimbo collects payslips and contributes national insurance contributions, these claims are fake. relying on what her neighbour said is not credible enough to convict bimbo. the uk border force are not silly - if all you have claimed is correct, bimbo should be in deportation camp now.

Conclusion based on the above and leaving sentiments out of it, She is a fraud and my main crux(I keep saying this) is that it may affect other Nigerians future visa application. Nobody is perfect(God knows we all have our little skeletons in the cupboard)  but lets call a spade a spade and when it comes to consequences of ones action, we can mitigate it with sentiments to reduce the sentence but stop trying to justify the actual wrong doing!

conclusion based on information plucked from the stratosphere. for your conclusion to be correct, it has to be based on facts. your conclusion is based on conjectures, lies and vast amount of misinformation. bimbo paid for her ante-natal treatments. if her bill didn't rack up to £200,000, she would have paid it. she's not a fraud! while you are here complaining, dwp is arranging her 6-bedroom house in tottenham. . . .with 3 social care workers and weekly stipends and i am loving it! grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by gohome: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
At this point with the information we have and where the information is coming from, This woman you accused of orchestrating this can be
    i completely innocent
    ii Partially innocent
    iii completely fraudulent

Completely innocent (proof)

It is common knowledge for women to take fertility drugs in Nigeria. They do this to aid conception and not to boost it. She obviously did not plan to give birth to five kids. she planned to give birth to one. The media is making you think otherwise. let me quote the dailymail, Bimbo Ayelabola, 33, applied for a six-month visitor's visa soon after discovering she was pregnant, travelling to the UK without her husband to visit her three sisters.

would she have known she had five kids in her soon after she discovered she was pregnant, obviously not. which means, she probably thought of just having a baby or two just like any other person and pay the bills just like any other person. But the unexpected happened. The babies were 5 and they were premature. they had to go into a complex Cesarean op and the babies were treated in a special-care unit, where the cost of a week’s stay for the family would be £35,000 alone. Normal procedures do not warrant special care unit. With 3 sisters in the UK and a civil engineer as a husband she knew those kids aren't going to get citizenship. at least before she applied for the visa. This clearly rule out any false motive of obtaining a visa. so what then was her '' manipulative motive'' I see none. In Stories like this  each case should be reviewed on an individual basis, without the knee-jerk reactionism and mis-placed jingoism that sadly seems to always accompany these things.

If you are still in doubt of the possibility of this ladies innocence I will recommend you to read the innocent man. Its a true life story written by Gris ham. Also look at the case for the formal IMF chief (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/06/nyregion/still-a-case-for-trying-strauss-kahn.html and see how a case can transcend from Complete guilt to partial guilt or complete innocence

I hope the above will help you understand why i said you should assume she is a US citizen which in most case is innocent until proven guilty and not Nigerian which in your case is guilty as charge by the media

As for partially innocent and completely fraudulent, you should fill the lines better judge.

@Gohome:

Take a look at your post I have reproduced above and note the italicized parts:  These are very strong (I repeat, very strong) assumptions to make about someone who I presume is unknown to you. You are really going out on a limb when you make the kind of sweeping statements I have highlighted in your post above. Let me take them one by one:

“She obviously did not plan to give birth to five kids. she planned to give birth to one.”

Sir, we do not know the above for a fact. It is impossible for you and I to speculate from a distance on Mrs. A’s birth plans and my next comment seals this point.

From my last post (posted above), you will agree with me that those three scenarios i painted are all possible. I told you to go on and fill in the blanks for the fraudulent option, which you have done. But you have to agree as well that she can be innocent. And my above statement above was based on that fact. It was clearly under the heading of completely innocent. its left for you to lean towards the left wing. I choose to lean toward the right wing.

What is the fact is the fact. and the fact could be that she is innocent.

VolvoS60:

Sir, again I must say that you are being a bit presumptuous here. It is really pushing it quite a bit to confidently assert, (as you have done) that Mrs. A was unaware of the number of foetuses in her womb soon after she discovered she was pregnant. (By the way, what does ‘soon’ mean? A day? A week? A month? A year?)

It appears that medical sonography reveals the presence of multiple foetuses as early as 17 to 24 weeks after conception. I would like to think that given the circumstances (prior miscarriage and use of fertility drugs), a scan would have been done quite early in her pregnancy, given her medical history. But I do not know for sure, which means it would be prudent to avoid comments (such as yours) which contain definitive assertions.

What I said was still based on the assumption that she is innocent. Medical sonography is not a perfect science. it is till getting there. Like can be seen in this case. The doctors did not have an idea that the babies were five. Scan showed four. They noticed it at the time of child birth.

(Bimbo had a complex Caesarean op 32 weeks into her pregnancy on April 28. Doctors at Homerton Hospital, in Hackney, East London, then discovered there was a fifth baby,  from the sun).

So like I said it is possible this woman did not know she had 5 babies in her soon ( be it 1day, 2weeks. 4 months or 1 year) after she applied for visa.

Bimbo Ayelabola, 33, had been taking twice the prescribed dose of a potent fertility drug while at home in Lagos.
Within days of discovering she was expecting she obtained a visitor's visa for Britain.
Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3673011/Nigerian-mum-Bimbo-Ayelabola-flew-into-Britain-and-had-quins-on-the-NHS.html#ixzz1RRShtltE

that was an extract from what the sun reported

Don't get me wrong, I can also accuse, I should have chosen to buttress your point but with what fact. British media? No way. I can be a conspiracy theorist, but because innocent children are involved i can do what ever it takes to make them okay.

Now let me act like a journalist and rewrite this same story assuming the person involve is an American

An American tourist yesterday gave birth to 5 kids in a local hospital in south west London. It was initially thought she was pregnant with 4 kids, but to the doctors amazement they was a fifth one.  All the babies survived. She did undergo complex surgery and was lucky to survive. The bill is said to reach 200k and she is unable to pay. Her sadness was turned to joy as the royal couples have agreed to host a fundraising diner to offset the bill.

Now will you at first glance call this woman fraudulent assuming she was actually. No way abi? You will think she is innocent and will be shocked shes not after proper investigation. Will I be correct if I say the press has at least played an important role in disabusing your mind in favor of this woman?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2011
I'm loving this! grin

Bimbo can have my share of taxes to make sure her quins get the best possible care. I'm a British taxpayer too, and reserve the right to decide what my money should be used for. For Bimbo, a lady who's had premature quintuplets who need care, rather than lining the pockets of some fat-cat, crooked and greedy British MP's, who don't need any more money, yet are claiming expenses for homes they don't live in, mortgages that have been paid off years ago, first-class trips that were never taken etc. The list is endless.

Or senseless wars in other countries that are not justifiable. What the heck? For every British taxpayer that feels Bimbo should not benefit from their money, there are those that are in favour of her, myself included. It's not about supporting what she did, more a case of seeing why she did it!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2011
Siena:

I'm loving this! grin

Bimbo can have my share of taxes to make sure her quins get the best possible care. I'm a British taxpayer too, and reserve the right to decide what my money should be used for. For Bimbo, a lady who's had premature quintuplets who need care, rather than lining the pockets of some fat-cat, crooked and greedy British MP's, who don't need any more money, yet are claiming expenses for homes they don't live in, mortgages that have been paid off years ago, first-class trips that were never taken etc. The list is endless.

Or senseless wars in other countries that are not justifiable. What the heck? For every British taxpayer that feels Bimbo should not benefit from their money, there are those that are in favour of her, myself included. It's not about supporting what she did, more a case of seeing why she did it!

hi five, mr siena. . . . . cool
i am a british taxpayer as well and bimbo can have my share of taxes over and over again.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2011
Siena:

I'm loving this! grin

coogar:

hi five, mr siena. . . . . cool
i am a british taxpayer as well and bimbo can have my share of taxes over and over again.

Apparently, an aspect of "the Nigerian attitude" encompasses a support of illegality as long as the person perpetuating the illegality is "one of our own", therefore I'm not surprised that some Nigerians are in full favour of this woman's actions. How can supposedly enlightened people say that because some MPs have been allowed to go scot-free after fiddling with their allowances, and because our taxes are being used unwisely in wars, it therefore means that this woman should be let go?! What is the correlation between MPs fiddling with taxes, and an immigrant defrauding the NHS?!

In the light of cuts and redundancies in the NHS and the stringent cost cutting exercises that NHS Trusts have to adhere to, It is a failure of the immigration system that this lady was granted a visa to come to the UK in the first place. What you guys don't understand is that money spent in this way is money devolved from the care of other patients, perhaps care of the elderly or patients who need long term care; how is that so hard to understand by people in support of this lady?!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2011
claremont:

Apparently, an aspect of "the Nigerian attitude" encompasses a support of illegality as long as the person perpetuating the illegality is "one of our own", therefore I'm not surprised that some Nigerians are in full favour of this woman's actions. How can supposedly enlightened people say that because some MPs have been allowed to go scot-free after fiddling with their allowances, and because our taxes are being used unwisely in wars, it therefore means that this woman should be let go?! What is the correlation between MPs fiddling with taxes, and an immigrant defrauding the NHS?!

Bro, you're reading, but not comprehending, or choosing not to.

A lot of people, myself included, say Bimbo may have been wrong, and do not wholly support what she did, but can understand why she did what she did, that's eating you up so bad. What's so hard to comprehend there?

And as for Nigerians sticking up for wrong doers, as long as they're Nigerian, you couldn't be more wrong. Read through my older posts, and you'll see I'm often the first to be a critic against Nigerians, when I feel they step out of line. However, in this case, I don't see this particular Nigerian, Bimbo's been fraudulent, or a criminal.

Regardless, she's getting what she wants, and our taxes will fund her quin's welfare, so deal with it. If it burns you so bad, write a letter to David Cameron, or march down to 10 Downing street, verbally voicing your displeasure.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2011
Siena:

Bro, you're reading, but not comprehending, or choosing not to.

A lot of people, myself included, say Bimbo may have been wrong, and do not wholly support what she did, but can understand why she did what she did, that's eating you up so bad. What's so hard to comprehend there?

And as for Nigerians sticking up for wrong doers, as long as they're Nigerian, you couldn't be more wrong. Read through my older posts, and you'll see I'm often the first to be a critic against Nigerians, when I feel they step out of line. However, in this case, I don't see this particular Nigerian, Bimbo's been fraudulent, or a criminal.

Regardless, she's getting what she wants, and our taxes will fund her quin's welfare, so deal with it. If it burns you so bad, write a letter to David Cameron, or march down to 10 Downing street, verbally voicing your displeasure.

If it was the Labour party in power, I will not have hesitated to write to my MP and register my displeasure on this issue; but apparently, it is a ConDemed government in power, and I definitely won't be sending a letter to those bunch of self-servicers grin grin grin. Therefore the only way of registering my contempt and displeasure obviously is on NAIRALAND grin grin grin, which is what I have been actively doing irrespective of whose ox is gored in the process.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2011
@claremont

You are forgetting to remember what that £200.000 was spent for, that money just saved 5 innocent kids, how ever silly their mum was, those kids need not to suffer.

This is money well spent, better than paying convicted terrorist who refused to work but stay in this country to claim benefit even as they hate everything British,  they use the same tax payers money to fund terrorist activities around the world and still ready to blow the tax payer up in trains and night clubs.

Today is July 7
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2011
justwise:

@claremont

You are forgetting to remember what that £200.000 was spent for, that money just saved 5 innocent kids, how ever silly their mum was, those kids need not to suffer.

This is money well spent, better than paying convicted terrorist who refused to work but stay in this country to claim benefit even as they hate everything British,  they use the same tax payers money to fund terrorist activities around the world and still ready to blow the tax payer up in trains and night clubs.

Today is July 7

You guys shouldn't get me wrong, I am happy for the kids and the fact that their mum is alive and well enough to continue her fraud. I have nothing against the kids, for crying out loud, which human being will be unhappy that a woman gave birth to QUINS and the woman and babies are doing well . The only thing I am against are the perceived ACTIONS of this lady, not the lady or the babies themselves. As "wicked" as I sound, I do believe I still have the ability to empathise with a fellow human being grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by VolvoS60(m): 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2011
#202 Posted by Gohome:

“At this point with the information we have and where the information is coming from, This woman you accused of orchestrating this can be

i completely innocent
ii Partially innocent

It is common knowledge. . ."

@ Gohome,

Okay Gohome. I understand you now grin. The scenario you painted in your post # 202 (I didn't bother reproducing the entire post) is one of three possible scenarios– Mrs A could be (i) completely innocent, (ii) partially innocent and (iii) completely fraudulent.

In scenario (i), the proof of which you so dramatically conveyed in your post (#202), Mrs A is completely innocent. But I have a question, and my question is this: Innocent of what crime? What is the charge? What law has she allegedly broken?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by gohome: 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
VolvoS60:

#202 Posted by Gohome:

“At this point with the information we have and where the information is coming from, This woman you accused of orchestrating this can be

i completely innocent
ii Partially innocent

It is common knowledge. . ."

@ Gohome,

Okay Gohome. I understand you now grin. The scenario you painted in your post # 202 (I didn't bother reproducing the entire post) is one of three possible scenarios– Mrs A could be (i) completely innocent, (ii) partially innocent and (iii) completely fraudulent.

In scenario (i), the proof of which you so dramatically conveyed in your post (#202), Mrs A is completely innocent. But I have a question, and my question is this: Innocent of what crime? What is the charge? What law has she allegedly broken?

ask those who called her a criminal
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by VolvoS60(m): 6:10am On Jul 08, 2011
#238 Posted by VolvoS60

@ Gohome,

Okay Gohome. I understand you now . The scenario you painted in your post # 202 (I didn't bother reproducing the entire post) is one of three possible scenarios– Mrs A could be (i) completely innocent, (ii) partially innocent and (iii) completely fraudulent.

#239 posted by Gohome

ask those who called her a criminal

@ Gohome,

No, sir. That’s not good enough. I’m asking YOU because you took me up on my very 1st post on this thread. Let me say it loud and clear - I have not at any point accused Mrs. A of orchestrating anything – be it fraud, intent to deceive, or other unsavoury motives. No. Re-read my prior posts.

What I have done is comment on whether Mrs . A’s actions (not her motives or intentions) breached the terms and conditions under which she was granted entry into the UK. It is incontrovertible that a recourse to public funds was made on her behalf (in the course of her giving birth in the UK) and she (so far) had been unable to repay. . . that sir, is the ‘illegality’ I referred to earlier.

That was what I referred to in my previous posts, and I mentioned the implications her case could have for immigration rules in the future. . . As I said before, I have avoided ascribing any motives to Mrs. A. That is slippery terrain and I can’t prove anything there. I am sticking to the facts of the case and have consistently tried my best to give Mrs. A the benefit of the doubt.

Sir, I marvel at the skilful way you have assigned my post (# 222) to the “fraudulent scenario” category without my consent. You can’t shave my head in my absence grin. I have not imputed any negative motives to Mrs. A’s actions (although I fully understand the frustration of those on this thread who have).

I am aware, as we all are, that in the end, the British authorities could very well waive Mrs. A’s bill (on humanitarian grounds), but that is a separate matter altogether. Having said that, let us not lose sight of the real issue here: The state of our hospitals and the state of Nigeria as a whole. A former head of state once left Nigeria for Germany to treat “catarrh” because . . . Nigeria’s ‘hospitals’ are places where people (ordinary people, of course) essentially go to die.

That is what we should focus on.

I’ve got to stop here. I’m presiding in court today cheesy.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2011
The aftermath of the fraudulent lady's actions for legitimate Nigerians
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5727459-146/story.csp

A Nigerian, Bimbo Ayelobola, who gave birth to a set of quintuplets while on a visit to UK, may soon be deported if her application for visa extension fails.

Mrs Ayelobola, 33, was granted a six-month visa in December to visit her relations in London but gave birth to three girls and two boys at Homerson Hospital, in April.

She is now seeking for a six-month extension of her visa because she considers her quintuplets too frail to travel.

Mrs Ayelobola told journalists that she took fertility drug ‘Clomid’ in 2010 in Lagos and when she discovered she was pregnant in November, she applied for a visa to visit her sisters in London.

“I had already had miscarriages and couldn’t bear the stress another pregnancy will cause.

“I decided to visit my family in London; I thought I would stand a better chance of avoiding another miscarriage in a calmer place with friends and family,” she said.

She further said she wanted to remain in the UK so that she and the children would continue to get the support of her relations.

Meanwhile, hospital sources told the Europe correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in London that the babies were delivered after “a complex” caesarean section.

“The five babies were each treated in a special-care unit at a cost of about 1,000 pounds a day because they were born prematurely.

“This would cost 35,000 pounds for a week’s care which she cannot afford to pay,” the source said.

Reacting, the United Kingdom Border Agency, which handles immigration matters, said it would thoroughly investigate any reports of anyone breaking the terms of their visas.

[size=16pt]An official, who craved anonymity, told NAN that the agency officials frequently reported cases of passengers arriving in an advanced state of pregnancy after securing visitor’s visa.

“About 150 cases a year have been identified at Gatwick Airport including some who have used the National Health Service (NHS) for previous births and have not paid their bills,” the source said[/size].

The source also said the quintuplets did not have an automatic right to British citizenship, in spite of being born in the UK.

“To qualify, they would need at least one parent who is British, or who has indefinite leave to remain in the country,” the source added.

[size=16pt]NAN recalls that the UK government in March announced new immigration rules which stated that any overseas visitor owing more than 1,000 pounds under the NHS will not be allowed into the country until the debt was paid off.

[size=19pt]It also stipulated more robust procedures for charging foreign nationals who use the NHS[/size].[/size]

Those Nigerians who are in support of this Lady's actions should recognize that the singular action of this lady may have put to jeopardy the future plans of your wives and sisters to have their babies in the UK. In addition, legitimate immigrants living in the UK (students, post-study workers, e.t.c.) may now have to pay through their noses to benefit from the NHS even though their taxes are being used to fund it. The future implications of what this selfish lady did is analogous to a dam of water that has previously received a lot of cracks and is on the verge of collapse, this lady may have just hit the final death knell on that dam and it has come tumbling down with calamitous consequences for all of us.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by LadyT(f): 9:16am On Jul 08, 2011
All you people crying about letting her have your share or taxes please send start a fund to pay for this NHS bill and her return ticket to Nigeria. Her act alone will affect thousands of other genuine people. It's not fair and it's wrong.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2011
LadyT:

All you people crying about letting her have your share or taxes please send start a fund to pay for this NHS bill and her return ticket to Nigeria. Her act alone will affect thousands of other genuine people. It's not fair and it's wrong.

Please tell them! Most respondents suffer from selective blindness, they choose to see only what they want to see and choose to be blind to what they don't want to see. It is indeed a good thing to know I am not alone in my rant, and there are a few others ready to rant along with me grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by alfablondy: 10:02am On Jul 08, 2011
LadyT:

Nice suggestion, if they cant they should press the naija govt to foot the bills.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 10:09am On Jul 08, 2011
alfablondy:

Nice suggestion, if they cant they should press the naija govt to foot the bills.

True that! Some of the Nigerian guys in favour of this Lady live in the UK, so what stops them from contributing to pay off this lady's bills rather than playing the holier-than-thou card on Nairaland. The word HYPOCRITES comes to mind undecided .
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 11:35am On Jul 08, 2011
NAN recalls that the UK government in March announced new immigration rules which stated that any overseas visitor owing more than 1,000 pounds under the NHS will not be allowed into the country until the debt was paid off.
It also stipulated more robust procedures for charging foreign nationals who use the NHS.

Those Nigerians who are in support of this Lady's actions should recognize that the singular action of this lady may have put to jeopardy the future plans of your wives and sisters to have their babies in the UK. In addition, legitimate immigrants living in the UK (students, post-study workers, e.t.c.) may now have to pay through their noses to benefit from the NHS even though their taxes are being used to fund it. The future implications of what this selfish lady did is analogous to a dam of water that has previously received a lot of cracks and is on the verge of collapse, this lady may have just hit the final death knell on that dam and it has come tumbling down with calamitous consequences for all of us.

stop shifting the blame to score cheap brownie points. the united kingdom had already issued new immigration rules concerning nhs before bimbola had her quintuplets. she's not the cause of the jeopardy that might affect your wives and sisters in future.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 12:01pm On Jul 08, 2011
coogar:

NAN recalls that the UK government in March announced new immigration rules which stated that any overseas visitor owing more than 1,000 pounds under the NHS will not be allowed into the country until the debt was paid off.
It also stipulated more robust procedures for charging foreign nationals who use the NHS.

stop shifting the blame to score cheap brownie points. the united kingdom had already issued new immigration rules concerning nhs before bimbola had her quintuplets. she's not the cause of the heopardy that might affect your wives and sisters in future.

My point is that the immigration rules regarding the NHS may have been there before Bimbo but they were not been enforced, because if they were, we would not have this case on our hands. The singular action of Bimbo may lead to a 100% enforcement of the pre-existing rules without mercy, or a promulgation of more stringent rules. That's my point, I don't see any reason why I would want to "score cheap brownie points" on a fraud.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 12:57pm On Jul 08, 2011
claremont:

My point is that the immigration rules regarding the NHS may have been there before Bimbo but they were not been enforced, because if they were, we would not have this case on our hands. The singular action of Bimbo may lead to a 100% enforcement of the pre-existing rules without mercy, or a promulgation of more stringent rules. That's my point, I don't see any reason why I would want to "score cheap brownie points" on a fraud.

Well said Claremont. Its amazing how people are supporting her because of the "reason why she did it" blah blah blah. Even Terrorists have a (misguided) reason why they commit atrocities too now , but that does not make the act itself right lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

Nigeria will be better if its citizens stop justifying the unjustifiable.Simples!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by gohome: 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2011
VolvoS60:

What I have done is comment on whether Mrs . A’s actions (not her motives or intentions) breached the terms and conditions under which she was granted entry into the UK.  It is incontrovertible that a recourse to public funds was made on her behalf (in the course of her giving birth in the UK) and she (so far) had been unable to repay. . . that sir, is the[b] ‘illegality’[/b] I referred to earlier.

That was what I referred to in my previous posts, and I mentioned the implications her case could have for immigration rules in the future. . . As I said before, I have avoided ascribing any motives to Mrs. A. That is slippery terrain and I can’t prove anything there. I am sticking to the facts of the case and have consistently tried my best to give Mrs. A the benefit of the doubt.

Obviously, The rules were breached . She does not have recourse to NHS funds.But that is totally different from She breached the rules. She did not force the doctors at gun point to deliver her baby andput them in very special intensive care unit. The officials knew what the bill would look like (200k) as they carried on with life saving procedures. This same officials were not also expecting her to pay 200k? who pays 200k for child birth? So my point is, the  doctors attended to her based on professionalism,   Most doctors wont stand and watch those babies die because their parents cant afford intensive care?

VolvoS60:

#238 Posted by VolvoS60

I am aware, as we all are, that in the end, the British authorities could very well waive Mrs. A’s bill (on humanitarian grounds), but that is a separate matter altogether. Having said that, let us not lose sight of the real issue here: The state of our hospitals and the state of Nigeria as a whole. A former head of state once left Nigeria for Germany to treat “catarrh” because . . . Nigeria’s ‘hospitals’ are places where people (ordinary people, of course) essentially go to die.

That is what we should focus on.

Kudos for that statement.

Andrew Boff, Hackney resident and Conservative member of the Greater London Authority, said:

‘You can’t refuse to give someone treatment once they’re in the country, as we’re talking about human life. But what this case does point out is that this country does not have a good immigration policy. It does need to be stricter in its application. Our health system should be for those who live in the UK'.

This might be a blessing in disguise. If the British make their visa policy stricter it means will we either go somewhere else or look within. I wish we do the later
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2011
JJM:

Well said Claremont. Its amazing how people are supporting her because of the "reason why she did it" blah blah blah. Even Terrorists have a (misguided) reason why they commit atrocities too now , but that does not make the act itself right lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

Nigeria will be better if its citizens stop justifying the unjustifiable.Simples!

How do you correlate the activities of a terrorist, with a mother wanting survival for her premature quintuplets? So Bimbo has committed an atrocity? Wanting your children to survive, is more than justifiable. Unless you expect Bimbo to take an eight-hour flight to Nigeria, with five premature babies?

As for supporting Bimbo, I'll continue to do so. A lot of Nigerians today, who were born in the UK and US have little or no idea how their parents left the shores of Nigeria many moons ago. Or what their parents did to give birth in the countries they travelled to. Can we all honestly, hand on heart, say all our parents paid their bills abroad, and did not use the system in some form or the other? If our parents told us what they did to have us in the UK, US etc that did made use of the system in one way or the other, would we condemn them?

Sometimes, it's best to think outside the box, before condemning the actions of others, actions our own parents may well be guilty of.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2011
Siena:

How do you correlate the activities of a terrorist, with a mother wanting survival for her premature quintuplets? So Bimbo has committed an atrocity? Wanting your children to survive, is more than justifiable. Unless you expect Bimbo to take an eight-hour flight to Nigeria, with five premature babies?

As for supporting Bimbo, I'll continue to do so. A lot of Nigerians today, who were born in the UK and US have little or no idea how their parents left the shores of Nigeria many moons ago. Or what their parents did to give birth in the countries they travelled to. Can we all honestly, hand on heart, say all our parents paid their bills abroad, and did not use the system in some form or the other? If our parents told us what they did to have us in the UK, US etc that did made use of the system in one way or the other, would we condemn them?

Sometimes, it's best to think outside the box, before condemning the actions of others, actions our own parents may well be guilty of.

I made reference to the actions of terrorists because you are all focusing on the reason why she did it when you should be balancing it nicely against the wrongdoing itself.

A terrorist may argue that he became one after seeing the west bombing his village and killing his wife and kids. This (and I am sure you will agree with me) does not in any way justify his going on to kill other innocent people. Bimbo has not killed anybody but has indirectly contributed to the future refusal of another person in her situation. How would you feel if that person happens to be one of your relations, who then goes on to lose the baby due to the lack of adequate medical care in Nigeria?

Again, some Nigerians where supporting Pastor Odulele even after he was convicted of child abuse. "Its the devil o, shame on the devil, we still love you Pastor, we still support you pastor", common !stop it! Owun ti o da o da.

Every criminal if questioned has a reason for what they did. Majority of the Nigerians here have chosen to focus their arguments on the sentiments involved. What I am saying is what she did is wrong and she should face the consequences. As I said before, sentiments can be considered when considering how much she should pay back etcccc.

i am not too concerned about my taxes and being a mother myself,I'm happy that she gave birth safely but lets call a spade a spade. No need for her to come and insult our intelligence with some half baked sob story. lipsrsealed
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2011
JJM:

Every criminal [/b]if questioned has a reason for what they did. Majority of the Nigerians here have chosen to focus their arguments on the sentiments involved. What I am saying is what she did is wrong and she should face the consequences. As I said before, sentiments can be considered when considering how much she should pay back etcccc.

Where has it been declared, by the British criminal justice system, that Bimbo is a [b]criminal?
It would appear you've given her that tag yourself. If she were a criminal, she would have been charged, with or without the option of bail.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2011
JJM:

Again, some Nigerians where supporting Pastor Odulele even after he was convicted of child abuse. "Its the devil o, shame on the devil, we still love you Pastor, we still support you pastor", common !stop it! Owun ti o da o da.

Again, your comparison between Bimbo's actions, and that of Odulele are pretty bizzare. Odulele was convicted of Child Abuse, which you've been good enough to state. Has Bimbo been convicted of any crime? If she has, please feel free to share, it's possible she has, and I'm just too dense to realise the fact, or I'm not reading the right tabloids.

The last part of your above comment, I don't understand, so can't comment.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by JJM(f): 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2011
Siena:

Where has it been declared, by the British criminal justice system, that Bimbo is a criminal? It would appear you've given her that tag yourself. If she were a criminal, she would have been charged, with or without the option of bail.

Ha! Mr Man, I was talking in general terms there. If convicted, then she can be termed a criminal but until such time, her actions are in my view wrong.

There is nothing bizarre about my comparisons. I am merely showing how we Nigerians are very good at tapping into emotions and God to justify a wrong doing.

Enough of this. Over and out. Next interesting topic here I come! cool
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by VolvoS60(m): 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2011
Posted by: gohome Today at 01:18:02 PM

"Obviously, The rules were breached . She does not have recourse to NHS funds.But that is totally different from She breached the rules. She did not force the doctors at gun point to deliver her baby andput them in very special intensive care unit. The officials knew what the bill would look like (200k) as they carried on with life saving procedures. This same officials were not also expecting her to pay 200k? who pays 200k for child birth?

@ Gohome,

shocked  shocked  shocked !!!

Sir, you are something else. You must teach me how to glide like mercury in the effortless way you have just demonstrated above. No kidding.

Anyway, I'm glad the bigger picture is something we both agree on - we must force change from our public officials to reverse Nigeria's descent into hell. This is a matter of life and death.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Ongoing Awka Millennium City Full Coverage (video & Photos) / African Union Launches An All-africa Passport, To Be Fully Active By 2018 / Driver Becomes Unconscious After Road Chase With Police Operatives In Delta.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.