Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! (23148 Views)

Miracle: Man Survives Fall From 4,000-foot Sheer Cliff In Sri Lanka. (photos) / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 / LEARN HOW TO MAKE #200.000 ON A STRIP FOR COCOA EXPORT BUZ WITH NO CAPITAL STAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by KAYD007(m): 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ beeke,

Must one express the same opinion as yours?  angry angry

we all share divergent views, u do not need common sense  to even see that, DO U? angry angry

You should be tolerant of views at variance with yours.

Next time u feel the irresistible urge to hurl such ugly curses  please do us
the honor of taking a brisk stroll, to go hug a wet  PHCN trans-forma!

Gutter mouth! angry angry
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
UKmugs:

I think your government should do something about Nigerians in the UK.  In one day we have two news items, front page of The Sun online, one conman and a health tourist.   Why is it any time one reads about Nigerians it all about crime or fleecing an individual or the host countries' tax payer?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/

what an asswipe!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
UKmugs:

[b]'disgrace to Nigerians in diaspora'

Don't you feel embarrassed to mentioned you are Nigerian?  I certainlty would. May be you should say you from Mauitania. Few people knows this country and its people
[/b]

You Are A FOOOOOOOOOOOL sad|)

Siena:

Nope. I don't feel embarrassed to say I'm Nigerian. Only a b[i]a[/i]sta[i]r[/i]d would deny his / her race.

Good one smiley

You're better off admitting you're from Poland, at least English isn't their first language.

lol
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by yogun(f): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2011
i read with amusement the posts on this Nigerian woman

the babies are so innocent and don't deserve this publicity

I will not support this woman's behavior, it has only shown that she is not a straight person.

First of all she abused the use of drugs.

For someone in her right state of mind, i believe she knew that her actions has consequences and she stood the chance of multiple babies.

I dont believe her claim that she didnt know that she was expecting more than one baby. she endangered her life and the babies by her acts.

I dont want to be judgemental but her actions have further dented the image of Nigerian. it is stated in the visa that "no recourse to public funds", so regardless of her situation, how does she qualify for public funds?

She took a decision and she shld have crossed her "t' and dotted her "i'.

for her to now said that all her families are based abroad and she doesnt have a roof over her head here in Nigeria doesnt sound true to me.

for the sake of the young kids, i pray that her visa shld be extended so that her kids can be strong enough to travel back and she shld be sent home to care for her kids here.

She shld just go ahead and plan her return pending the time, am sure she'll be shocked at the level of support she receive from friends, extended family, religious grps here cos WE LOVE BABIES HERE and we know they are nothing but gifts from above.

She shld appeal to NGOs here as well the state and federal government to help in anyway possible (clear the bills).

I will not support her fight to stay there against their laws.

Let's not because of this moment forget tomorrow. enough damage has been done to the image of this country and every little effort made by everyone of us to redeem the image will go a long way.

Thank you
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by beeke(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
KAYD007:

@ beeke,

Must one express the same opinion as yours?  angry angry

we all share divergent views, u do not need common sense  to even see that, DO U? angry angry

You should be tolerant of views at variance with yours.

Next time u feel the irresistible urge to hurl such ugly curses  please do us
the honor of taking a brisk stroll, to go hug a wet  PHCN trans-forma!

Gutter mouth! angry angry

Don't get me started

Siena:

Chei!  shocked Brother Beeke, no need to insult Claremont. I don't agree with him, nor his motives for starting this thread, but I get my points across without resorting to threats and verbal abuse.

I can understand your anger though.

Believe me i don't roll like this but this Claremont of a guy has gone to far with his am holier than thou comments, all my life i have come across pigs and dogs but this guy is something else, i know that everybody have rights to his/her opinion but when human life is a stake for heaven sake we must be careful with what we say or do, none of us know the true story except what we read on pages of newspapers

I am a gentleman by nature but when am  angry angry angry angry i throw all that out of the window
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by juzme: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2011
yogun:

I will not support this woman's behavior, it has only shown that she is not a straight person.

For someone in her right state of mind, i believe she knew that her actions has consequences and she stood the chance of multiple babies.

I dont believe her claim that she didnt know that she was expecting more than one baby. she endangered her life and the babies by her acts.

I dont want to be judgemental but her actions have further dented the image of Nigerian. it is stated in the visa that "no recourse to public funds", so regardless of her situation, how does she qualify for public funds?

for her to now said that all her families are based abroad and she doesnt have a roof over her head here in Nigeria doesnt sound true to me.

for the sake of the young kids, i pray that her visa shld be extended so that her kids can be strong enough to travel back and she shld be sent home to care for her kids here.

She shld just go ahead and plan her return pending the time, am sure she'll be shocked at the level of support she receive from friends, extended family, religious grps here cos WE LOVE BABIES HERE and we know they are nothing but gifts from above.

She shld appeal to NGOs here as well the state and federal government to help in anyway possible (clear the bills).

Let's not because of this moment forget tomorrow. enough damage has been done to the image of this country and every little effort made by everyone of us to redeem the image will go a long way.

Thank you

Thank you for your post.
We tend to focus on today and forget tomorrow. If others who may be in this same situation and who are seriously in need for treatment abroad are denied visa simply because UK authority think that the person will abuse their system and the person eventually died. What will be the game then?
I will continue to say that if this woman cannot pay her bill there is little UK govt can do. What I think anger many UK citizen and taxpayers is simple that she want to stay even with her deception.
I still believe she shouldn’t think about that. She should voluntary go home. And the more she give false excuse of nothing going home the more Nigeria organization and govt may not wish to help her if she goes home.
Her bills should be the problem here any longer because even UK Govt knows she can’t pay.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by beeke(m): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2011
yogun:

Thank you

GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL

am neither in support or against her action because am not there in person but no matter what we must take into consideration of these five innocent kids, that's just my point
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by vanitty: 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
I honestly could care less about this sort of issue, they should even seal it and give all 6 and the absentee father british passport make una go kill unaself cheesy cheesy, congratulations to the lady. I bet the 5 babies are so cute awww. kiss
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Jkorokoro: 4:21pm On Jul 05, 2011
this shows why Nigeria will always be the same. Some folks like Siena who I have come to respect on this forum can now support the action of this woman. Nigerians have claimed to be from Somalia and Sierra Leone just to obtain an indefinite leave to remain in the Uk. Incurring a cost of £200k on the the NHS is another ball game entirely, now claiming you have no one to support you in Nigeria is FRAUD in capitals. Simply ask the goverment for permission to stay than to start creating blatant lies. Nigerians just cant stop messing around. Being the 5th largest exporter of crude oil, we cant boast of good hospitals. The goverment that could pay for Ojukwu's hospital bills should pay the £200k period, or Nigerians are not equal before the government?

Fraud is fraud and stop supporting it!!!!!

Is it until the UK goverment bans health visas to Nigerians before you all will understand?

The government should see this has a scandal and a slap to all Nigerians as a result of systematic corruption in the Nigerian society
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by debosky(m): 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2011
This woman has allegedly signed a five figure deal with a red top newspaper:

Mrs Ayelabola, whose 37-year-old husband, Ohi, remains in Nigeria, has signed a five-figure deal with a red-top newspaper.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2010934/Milking-health-service-NHS-pays-200k-Nigerian-health-tourists-babies-provides-free-IVF-single-mother-39.html#ixzz1RFGNyWgF

Not only did she abuse the system, she is now seeking to profit from her abuse of the system.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2011
debosky:

Not only did she abuse the system, she is now seeking to profit from her abuse of the system.

my friend, sharrrrrrrap!

how did she abuse the system?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by gohome: 4:40pm On Jul 05, 2011
debosky:

Shame. You posted a link that you obviously did not read, I guess you forgot this part
Last night, from behind a closed door, Mrs Ayelabola said: ‘I am not happy about what has been written about me, that is not what I told them. You need to speak to my lawyer, I do not want to comment.’
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by worry246(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2011
She abused the system by THEFT and FRAUD
The UK NHS is for tax paying UK citizens not all comers from every poor country.
She had the money to pay airfare so should pay health bills.
One good thing will come of this.
All pregnant women in UK, US & Europe will be made to pay FIRST before birth.
No pay ---Out on street!!!!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by yogun(f): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2011
i wont be surprised if they propose a law that every adult foreign female travelling to UK shld come with pregnant result from specified hospitals cry.

stringent measure will be applied.

Let's all wait and see
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
debosky:

Debo! Debo!! Debo!!! Na how many times I call u so? You were too lazy to read your link abi ? And since when did u begin to read the daily mail sef?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2011
worry246:

She abused the system by THEFT and FRAUD
The UK NHS is for tax paying UK citizens not all comers from every poor country.
She had the money to pay airfare so should pay health bills.
One good thing will come of this.
All pregnant women in UK, US & Europe will be made to pay FIRST before birth.
No pay ---Out on street!!!!

ohh, shut up your mouth. . . . .what do you know about uk nhs? from the confines of your ojuelegba abode, you are discussing nhs and uk tax? wow!
like the mp of hackney have said, they cannot turn back anyone needing medical help. it's the system that is faulty, not this woman.
a lot of other foreign nationals come here everyday to deliver kids and there's never been any outcry. it only got serious because this woman is nigerian(scapegoats) and the number of the babies she delivered.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
coogar:

ohh, shut up your mouth. . . . .what do you know about uk nhs? from the confines of your ojuelegba abode, you are discussing nhs and uk tax? wow!
like the mp of hackney have said, they cannot turn back anyone needing medical help. it's the system that is faulty, not this woman.
a lot of other foreign internationals come here everyday to deliver kids and there's never been any outcry. it only got serious because this woman is nigerian(scapegoats) and the number of the babies she delivered.

Thanks for drawing our attention to this.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by debosky(m): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
gohome:

Shame. You posted a link that you obviously did not read, I guess you forgot this part
Last night, from behind a closed door, Mrs Ayelabola said: ‘I am not happy about what has been written about me, that is not what I told them. You need to speak to my lawyer, I do not want to comment.’

Erm. . .she was disputing the contents of the article. She did not deny receiving payment for the interview. If she did so, kindly point it out.

naijababe:

Debo! Debo!! Debo!!! Na how many times I call u so? You were too lazy to read your link abi ? And since when did u begin to read the daily mail sef?

Naijababe! Naijababe!! Naijababe!! cheesy

I now read dailymail since they reported Cashley and Sherifatu enjoying a lapdance at her birthday party. I am now hooked on salacious gossip. cheesy
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by busybody20: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^ They were Lookalike-Models not Ashey & his wife
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by LadyT(f): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
I'm in shock people actually believe this woman is in the right.
There are no two ways about it. She is a fraud a liar and a reckless person. She's not some poor person she's well off I can't wait to laugh at her supporters when she's exposed.

Siena you are just being emotional because you would do anything to ensure your child had the best don't mistake your paternal instinct with this woman's greedy attitude.

My parents too came to the UK for better opportunities but they have paid their way and followed the rules. I have most respect for an illegal immigrant working illegally than this fraud of a woman.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2011
LadyT:

I'm in shock people actually believe this woman is in the right.
There are no two ways about it. She is a fraud a liar and a reckless person. She's not some poor person she's well off I can't wait to laugh at her supporters when she's exposed.

how is she a fraud? i guess you dunno what the meaning of that word is. . . . .she travelled to england on a nigerian passport - is that fraudulent?
she was pregnant before she left nigeria - is that a fraudulent act? her water broke prematurely at 32 weeks - is that fraudulent? she delivered her kids 2 months ago in hackney hospital - is that fraudulent? where is the fraud?

she's not some poor person - i am guessing your employer produces her payslip for you to know she can cough out 50 million naira on child delivery alone. not even mike adenuga would drop that without feeling the pinch. truth is. . . .no average nigerian can cough out £200k in medical bills - in that regard, the woman is not rich enough to afford such. she is not a liar and neither is she reckless.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by WhyAWhy(m): 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
I go kill fly if you don't give this woman and her entire family pali oh!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by KAYD007(m): 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
*cough*

The jury is out,

Though am not a Uk resident but that notwithstanding,

*clears throat while adjusting ma bow tie*

I hereby unequivocally declare, by the authority vested
in me by the Nairaland parliament,

That you (Mrs.  Bimbo Ayelabola & Co) now at  large in Nairaland
Have fraudulently defrauded me of My NHS benefits that would have
accrued to me when & if eventually, I become a UK citizen angry

How do ya all plead? angry angry
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by WhyAWhy(m): 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
Oya we are kilty your kayd007ness, I go pay the bill but make we begin de bargain now, how much una go collect last? grin grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by LadyT(f): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
coogar:

how is she a fraud? i guess you dunno what the meaning of that word is. . . . .she travelled to england on a nigerian passport - is that fraudulent?
she was pregnant before she left nigeria - is that a fraudulent act? her water broke prematurely at 32 weeks - is that fraudulent? she delivered her kids 2 months ago in hackney hospital - is that fraudulent? where is the fraud?

she's not some poor person - i am guessing your employer produces her payslip for you to know she can cough out 50 million naira on child delivery alone. not even mike adenuga would drop that without feeling the pinch. truth is. . . .no average nigerian can cough out £200k in medical bills - in that regard, the woman is not rich enough to afford such. she is not a liar and neither is she reckless.

No sure who you are trying to convince here. But she's a fraud because she obtained a visitors visa with the sole aim of coming here on a permanent basis. She's a fraud because it costs a lot of money to obtain a visa and buy a ticket. This is probably not her first time in the UK it was all planned.

Who said it will cost 50million in nigeria or any other African country with good health care. You cannot compare pounds to naira. Are you telling me other people have not had multiple births in nigeria and it cost millions

She clearly stated all her family are here who can help her raise her kids.

To me the level of emotion people are displaying is over the top. I suggest we all look at the facts
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Yeye77(f): 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2011
The comments on this topic are very interesting and we really don't have ALL the facts.

As a mother i guess she did what she felt would be good for her children, and yes the life of any child is worth saving always.

However as a mother myself i find it very very hard to believe that she was unaware that she was pregnant with more than one child. If she'd truly miscarried previously she would have had a scan @ 3months. If she and her husband could afford to travel to the UK, i presume they must have registered in a Nigerian hospital once she discovered she was pregnant, and even a general hospital would have insisted on the scans.

Secondly, why did she decide to overdose on the fertility pills, it put herself and her unborn babies @ risk.

If her husband resides in Nigeria, i'm curious about her need to stay in the UK, or will her husband be joining her there too.

I'm happy that the kids are okay and i realize that every mother wants the best for her children. It seems that her intention was to be fraudulent, no matter how noble her intentions were.

I feel the Nigerian government should pay, it is because of their greed and nonchalance that Nigeria has one of the highest maternal mortality rates in the world. After all they can afford it and it's time they started to take some responsibility for their citizens. And this is clearly a case that needs their intervention.

My question is this, if women all over the world start to overdose on fertility pills, then travel to the UK to deliver, will the UK health system be able to deliver quality healthcare to its citizens and people in life and death situations. If we justify her actions then we must realize the effects it has on the rest of us, such incidents have a ripple effect, most times negative.

I had a friend who died of cancer of the colon, who was refused a visa to the US for treatment(even though his family intended to foot the bill), probably because of the fraudulent activities of a few others.

To each his/her own, i wish her and her children the very best.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2011
LadyT:

No sure who you are trying to convince here. But she's a fraud because she obtained a visitors visa with the sole aim of coming here on a permanent basis. She's a fraud because it costs a lot of money to obtain a visa and buy a ticket. This is probably not her first time in the UK it was all planned.

she did not come here with the sole aim of coming here to stay permanently. she came here with the aim of having a child. if she had delivered one or twins, there wouldn't have been this kind of outcry. arabs, europeans, etc all come here every time to have their babies - it has never been an issue. if this woman had cleared her bills, you wouldn't have heard about this case. . . . .but no average family will cough out £200k on medical bills. . .it's not just feasible.

Who said it will cost 50million in nigeria or any other African country with good health care. You cannot compare pounds to naira. Are you telling me other people have not had multiple births in nigeria and it cost millions

she said she has suffered several miscarriages in nigeria before deciding to come to england. who are you to argue? she got a valid visa, travelled on a valid passport and got into the united kingdom. she was due to deliver and she ended up with 5 kids - something she couldn't have planned.

She clearly stated all her family are here who can help her raise her kids.

this is neither here nor there. family or no family, this woman did not plan to have 5 kids and scrounge the system. no one can be that devious at the expense of her life and her children. yes, she had taken fertility pills but by the same token, she had also risked infant mortality rate with her multiple births.

To me the level of emotion people are displaying is over the top. I suggest we all look at the facts

nope, you people are the ones with emotional issues just because she's nigerian. if she was american, you would believe her tales line hook and sinker. but you guys have been so brainwashed that any nigerian in the uk without a residence permit is a potential criminal looking for ways to scrounge the system.

it's pathetic!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by VolvoS60(m): 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
#149 Posted by VolvoS60:

“Emotions are running very high on this thread. 

Someone (a poster) mentioned the case of kuwaiti nationals in a similar situation. The big difference is that the Kuwaiti government stepped in and paid up. I think if we conduct a poll on this board (on whether the Nigerian government will stand up to deliver in the same way), we all know what the results are likely to be”.

@Gohome,

You said my comments above ‘’were not completely true’’. Which part exactly? The part (as posted by Amarush) about the Kuwaiti government footing the bill for a Kuwaiti couple in the same situation as Mrs Bimbo & spouse? Or the part about the average Nigerian’s (on this forum) expectations about the Nigerian government doing something similar? Which part please?

#125 Posted by Gohome:

[b]“Its a pity you have been reduced to this. you are definitely not human. What is your own problem with this woman that is not even a criminal. You complain about taxpayers money, rubbish. do you know how much of my tax is used to foot the bill in Libya. Do you know how much of my tax is used to foot the bill of lazy white citizens? have you asked yourself how much the royal wedding cost? sometimes in life we are faced with choices in which we choose the lesser of two evil, on humanitarian ground, which is also very legal this babies should be given citizenship (God bless America). We are talking about babies here, traumatizing the woman by slamming her with this kind of bill can affect the woman which will also affect the babies. Its possible this woman dint plan this. She probably took those fertility drugs just to be able to conceive and not to give birth to 5kids Shes got relatives in Britain, i am sure they wont be in support of her action. who will feed this children. Even a senior manager with 60000 pound per annum and a 50% tax( not to talk of council tax and accommodation) here in the UK cant afford to feed the woman, not to talk of 5 kids

Stop be selfish about image this image that, the media is twisting your brains. When it comes to mending immigration laws, Nigerians would definitely not be in the top ten least. you stay in the Uk you should know better.”[/b]

@Gohome:

Your post above was directed to Claremont and not me to begin with so I can’t say much about it. However, i do agree with you that if indeed you are a UK taxpayer, you are well within your rights to have a say in how your money is spent. Just as millions of other UK taxpayers who may have a contrary opinion have the same right to be heard. 

#156 Posted by Gohome:

“Judge, why do you base your assertions over THESUN investigation. Have you heard this woman's story. Do you think this woman wanted to give birth to five kids.  go and ask your mother what it felt like when she gave birth to you. And stop saying illegality. It is not. at least not yet. She is Human. Those kids are too. She can file by using humanitarian grounds, if she wins, its not illegal. its still the law. Illegality, moral and ethics are different things. Illegality is logic, moral and ethics are relative. I wouldn't call illegal the flamboyant lifestyles of our MPs and Royal family illegal, buh damn i will call it unethical.”

@Gohome,

My “assertions” which you refer to above, have nothing to do with the SUN newspaper. Mrs Bimbo’s story is in the public domain, and for every paper that has tried to damn her as one more in a long line of ‘foreign spongers’, there’s one which is at least a bit sympathetic to her case. The key facts in her case are relatively clear. And sir, without intending to be legalistic about it, it seems that Mrs. Bimbo has breached the terms under which she was granted entry to the UK. That sir, is the illegality I was referring to in my post. Perhaps she and her solicitors may have some new information to disclose but as at now, this is all we have to go on.

And sir, be careful when you say things like “morality and ethics are relative”. We can use comments like that to justify anything and everything under the sun.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Hope2all: 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ Claremont,

CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE UK MEDIA? HOW DID THE BILLS REACHED 200K POUNDS? DID SHE STAY 10 YEARS IN HOSPITAL? IF THE HOSPITAL INFLATES FIGURES TO STEAL FROM GOVT,  WILL YOU JOIN THEM AGAINST YOUR OWN NAIJA SISTER

YOU TALK ABOUT REPUTATION, WHO HAS WORST REPUTATION BETWEEN UK AND NIGERIA? HAVE YOU FORGOTEN THAT SAME UK YOU ARE PROUD OF  ENTERS NIGERIA LONG AGO WITHOUT ANY VISA OR RESIDENT PERMIT. IN ADDITION TO ILLEGAL ENTRY, THEY COMMITED GRAVE CRIME BY DETHRONING OUR VARIOUS GOVERNMENT AND  RULED US AGAINST OUR OWN WILL. THEY TAXED, LOATH, STOLE, ENSLAVE, AND KILLED US IN THOUSANDS IN OUR OWN LAND WITH IMPUNITY. AFTER ALL THEIR CRIMES, THEY MERGED US WITH PEOPLE WE DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT, THEREBY CAUSING THE BIAFRA WAR THAT KILLED MILLIONS. HOW MANY NIGERIAN HAVE DONE SUCH HENIOUS CRIME IN THE UK, AND U ARE TALKING OF IMAGE?
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by gohome: 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
VolvoS60:

#149 Posted by VolvoS60:

“Emotions are running very high on this thread. 

Someone (a poster) mentioned the case of kuwaiti nationals in a similar situation. The big difference is that the Kuwaiti government stepped in and paid up. I think if we conduct a poll on this board (on whether the Nigerian government will stand up to deliver in the same way), we all know what the results are likely to be”.

@Gohome,

You said my comments above ‘’were not completely true’’. Which part exactly? The part (as posted by Amarush) about the Kuwaiti government footing the bill for a Kuwaiti couple in the same situation as Mrs Bimbo & spouse? Or the part about the average Nigerian’s (on this forum) expectations about the Nigerian government doing something similar? Which part please?

#125 Posted by Gohome:

[b]“Its a pity you have been reduced to this. you are definitely not human. What is your own problem with this woman that is not even a criminal. You complain about taxpayers money, rubbish. do you know how much of my tax is used to foot the bill in Libya. Do you know how much of my tax is used to foot the bill of lazy white citizens? have you asked yourself how much the royal wedding cost? sometimes in life we are faced with choices in which we choose the lesser of two evil, on humanitarian ground, which is also very legal this babies should be given citizenship (God bless America). We are talking about babies here, traumatizing the woman by slamming her with this kind of bill can affect the woman which will also affect the babies. Its possible this woman dint plan this. She probably took those fertility drugs just to be able to conceive and not to give birth to 5kids Shes got relatives in Britain, i am sure they wont be in support of her action. who will feed this children. Even a senior manager with 60000 pound per annum and a 50% tax( not to talk of council tax and accommodation) here in the UK cant afford to feed the woman, not to talk of 5 kids

Stop be selfish about image this image that, the media is twisting your brains. When it comes to mending immigration laws, Nigerians would definitely not be in the top ten least. you stay in the Uk you should know better.”[/b]

@Gohome:

Your post above was directed to Claremont and not me to begin with so I can’t say much about it. However, i do agree with you that if indeed you are a UK taxpayer, you are well within your rights to have a say in how your money is spent. Just as millions of other UK taxpayers who may have a contrary opinion have the same right to be heard. 

#156 Posted by Gohome:

“Judge, why do you base your assertions over THESUN investigation. Have you heard this woman's story. Do you think this woman wanted to give birth to five kids.  go and ask your mother what it felt like when she gave birth to you. And stop saying illegality. It is not. at least not yet. She is Human. Those kids are too. She can file by using humanitarian grounds, if she wins, its not illegal. its still the law. Illegality, moral and ethics are different things. Illegality is logic, moral and ethics are relative. I wouldn't call illegal the flamboyant lifestyles of our MPs and Royal family illegal, buh damn i will call it unethical.”

@Gohome,

My “assertions” which you refer to above, have nothing to do with the SUN newspaper. Mrs Bimbo’s story is in the public domain, and for every paper that has tried to damn her as one more in a long line of ‘foreign spongers’, there’s one which is at least a bit sympathetic to her case. The key facts in her case are relatively clear. And sir, without intending to be legalistic about it, it seems that Mrs. Bimbo has breached the terms under which she was granted entry to the UK. That sir, is the illegality I was referring to in my post. Perhaps she and her solicitors may have some new information to disclose but as at now, this is all we have to go on.

And sir, be careful when you say things like “morality and ethics are relative”. We can use comments like that to justify anything and everything under the sun. 

nice 1 bro,  you are certainly not like claremount. Like I said as a UK taxpayer? this should be the least of my problems

VolvoS60:

#149 Posted by VolvoS60:

@Gohome,

I repeat,  it is not illegal for a health tourist to use the NHS system. illegality will arise when she doesn't pay. and she can opt out based on humanitarian grounds. ( similar to what asylum seekers do). That is what the court should decide not you. Like some1 said,if she had given birth to 2 kids which usually cost £5k,  we wont hear all this blah blah. if she doesn't pat her 26yr old sister will pay through her nose. All this started because it was 5. not only 5, buh premature 5kids that had to be taken for intensive care. (200k).  you will agree with me that was where the real cost was.

Remove criminality from your mind. Assume she is a US citizen and ask yourself. What will she gain by doing what she did? if her intentions were exactly what you read in your so called public domain which as far as i am concerned is the media was to find a way through the system, if she had plans from the onset to conceive 5 babies and let the bills run in such away that she wont be able to pay ( I doubt that) then the US should have been her destination,  or canada where child birth is free.

I understand your fears. She will deny others coming legally, blah blah, she will tarnish our image,  yada yada yada,  but that is selfish. can cameron cough out 200k, i doubt, will the children be left to suffer and probably die because of your selfishness,  [size=20pt]no way[/size]
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by AlabaSlim: 9:38pm On Jul 05, 2011
Afta readin opinions on dis forum i am konvinced wat
Daniel(my signature) rote abt d wiked
na ril wa oooooAfta readin opinions on dis forum i am konvinced wat
Daniel(my signature) rote abt d wiked
na ril wa ooooo
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by hornysun(m): 9:41pm On Jul 05, 2011
Hope2all:

@ Claremont,
CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE UK MEDIA? HOW DID THE BILLS REACHED 200K POUNDS? DID SHE STAY 10 YEARS IN HOSPITAL? IF THE HOSPITAL INFLATES FIGURES TO STEAL FROM GOVT,  WILL YOU JOIN THEM AGAINST YOUR OWN NAIJA SISTER YOU TALK ABOUT REPUTATION, WHO HAS WORST REPUTATION BETWEEN UK AND NIGERIA? HAVE YOU FORGOTEN THAT SAME UK YOU ARE PROUD OF  ENTERS NIGERIA LONG AGO WITHOUT ANY VISA OR RESIDENT PERMIT. IN ADDITION TO ILLEGAL ENTRY, THEY COMMITED GRAVE CRIME BY DETHRONING OUR VARIOUS GOVERNMENT AND  RULED US AGAINST OUR OWN WILL. THEY TAXED, LOATH, STOLE, ENSLAVE, AND KILLED US IN THOUSANDS IN OUR OWN LAND WITH IMPUNITY. AFTER ALL THEIR CRIMES, THEY MERGED US WITH PEOPLE WE DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT, THEREBY CAUSING THE BIAFRA WAR THAT KILLED MILLIONS. HOW MANY NIGERIAN HAVE DONE SUCH HENIOUS CRIME IN THE UK, AND U ARE TALKING OF IMAGE?
Oh please stop talking rubbish!!! at least the Uk made good use of what they stole from Africa, since 1960 they left us what have we done with all our resources? Can't we afford good health care? Don't we have the money to boast of the best health care? If the UK govt had miss-managed the resource, that woman wouldn't have had the opportunity to have her kids in the UK.

If you have to preach this outdated message then take it to Nigeria national assemble and stop making complete fool of urself here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

African Union Launches An All-africa Passport, To Be Fully Active By 2018 / Driver Becomes Unconscious After Road Chase With Police Operatives In Delta.PICS / Ibom Air Begins Commercial Flight To Bayelsa Airport.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.