Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! (23150 Views)

Miracle: Man Survives Fall From 4,000-foot Sheer Cliff In Sri Lanka. (photos) / Across the sahara on foot to Europe via Libya ( Paperback ) ISBN # 9781478329206 / LEARN HOW TO MAKE #200.000 ON A STRIP FOR COCOA EXPORT BUZ WITH NO CAPITAL STAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
coogar:

forgive my manners - never knew i have been replying another atheist.

by the same token, why not use the same google and show me a mother who had her quins naturally? shouldn't be too hard to find.

I would rather be an atheist than cling tenaciously to religion that has been proven to be the root of all evil, but that is a discussion for the NLand religious section. Moreover, religion has nothing to do with this debate, or maybe this is an attempt by Bimbo's proponents to derail this thread having disgracefully lost out on this argument. I will be happy to continue with a religious debate if Bimbo's proponent's simply acknowledge the illogicality of their arguments, contribute money among themselves, and pay her bill.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
claremont:

I would rather be an atheist than cling tenaciously to religion that has been proven to be the root of all evil, but that is a discussion for the NLand religious section. Moreover, religion has nothing to do with this debate, or maybe this is an attempt by Bimbo's proponents to derail this thread having disgracefully[b] lost out on this argument.[/b] I will be happy to continue with a religious debate if Bimbo's proponent's simply acknowledge the illogicality of their arguments, contribute money among themselves, and pay her bill.

lost out on which argument? after mopping the toilet floor with ur face, you are here declaring a victory? i laugh in quintuplets. grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2011
coogar:

lost out on which argument? after mopping the toilet floor with your face, you are here declaring a victory? i laugh in quintuplets. grin
Guy, simply acknowledge that you have lost this argument woefully like David Hayes, and let's move on to other serious issues of discussion, rather than continuing to dwell on the case of a strategic con artist. If James Bond was female, I am sure he will be proud of the strategy and execution deployed by Bimbo to get to where she is today.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2011
claremont:

Guy, simply acknowledge that you have lost this argument woefully like David Hayes, and let's move on to other serious issues of discussion, rather than continuing to dwell on the case of a strategic con artist. If James Bond was female, I am sure he will be proud of the strategy and execution deployed by Bimbo to get to where she is today.

you have lost in the previous pages, mate!

all the pitiful articles you brought out does not affect bimbo. . . .all your claims bimbo was fraudulent have been proven wrong. bimbo is in her house now ordering chinese rice to patch up her wounds. immigration officers are not looking for her to detain her or charge her to court. the whole nonsense about her working for avon is baseless. if i were you, i would log out and hang me head in shame but then you don't have such morals to know when to stop embarrassing yourself in public.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2011
coogar:

you have lost in the previous pages, mate!

all the pitiful articles you brought out does not affect bimbo. . . .all your claims bimbo was fraudulent have been proven wrong. bimbo is in her house now ordering chinese rice to patch up her wounds. immigration officers are not looking for her to detain her or charge her to court. the whole nonsense about her working for avon is baseless. if i were you, i would log out and hang me head in shame but then you don't have such morals to know when to stop embarrassing yourself in public.
Morals?! Am I the person who used up £200,000 of public funds? Or am I the person who used deception to gain entry to the UK? Why should I be concerned about my morals when I am not a part of those fraudulently benefiting from a system they are not entitled to?! You guys who support her should be the ones logging out and hanging heads in shame for supporting a fraud and trying passionately to justify it on moral grounds. What's wrong is wrong; let us call a spade what it really is, rather than calling it a shovel.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2011
claremont:

Morals?! Am I the person who used up £200,000 of public funds? Or am I the person who used deception to gain entry to the UK? Why should I be concerned about my morals when I am not a part of those fraudulently benefiting from a system they are not entitled to?!

but then why are you taking tylenol for another woman's cramps? the brits want this woman to stay and you are here replicating what those unruly boko haram goons do in northern nigeria.

you guys who support her should be the ones logging out and hanging heads in shame for supporting a fraud and trying passionately to justify it on moral grounds. What's wrong is wrong; let us call a spade what it really is, rather than calling it a shovel.

write to your mp to do something. bimbola stays around hackney - she shouldn't be too hard to find. get her arrested and put her on a boat back to lagos. like i have said. . . .you can cry, wail, scream and rant - bimbola has come to stay!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
coogar:

but then why are you taking tylenol for another woman's cramps? the brits want this woman to stay and you are here replicating what those unruly boko haram goons do in northern nigeria.

write to your mp to do something. bimbola stays around hackney - she shouldn't be too hard to find. get her arrested and put her on a boat back to lagos. like i have said. . . .you can cry, wail, scream and rant - bimbola has come to stay!
Which Brits?! Is it the same Brits that printed out the story in the tabloids, and would prefer to have Bimbo sent to the gallows, or are you talking about the Nigerian-Brits who would rather prefer to dine with the devil so long as the devil is a Nigerian?! Why would I not take Tylenol for another persons cramps, I have to take it because it concerns my precious taxes grin.

The bottom line is that Bimbo has selfishly played the system and has won, kudos to her; but she and her supporters should know that they have just ignited a tsunami of changes to the way UKBA will start treating pregnant women from now on; and when this changes start affecting our kith and kin, no one should lament that the UKBA are a bunch of racists or sadists. We brought it on ourselves!!!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2011
claremont:

Which Brits?! Is it the same Brits that printed out the story in the tabloids, and would prefer to have Bimbo sent to the gallows, or are you talking about the Nigerian-Brits who would rather prefer to dine with the devil so long as the devil is a Nigerian?! Why would I not take Tylenol for another persons cramps, I have to take it because it concerns my precious taxes grin.

yes. . . .they printed it because they know people like you are media-whores. . . . .since then, the case had died down. bimbo even said her story was twisted but i am sure she got paid from 'the sun' anyways before she gave them the interview - good luck to her and her kids.

The bottom line is that Bimbo has selfishly played the system and has won, kudos to her; but she and her supporters should know that they have just ignited a tsunami of changes to the way UKBA will start treating pregnant women from now on; and when this changes start affecting our kith and kin, no one should lament that the UKBA are a bunch of racists or sadists. We brought it on ourselves!!!

when we get to that bridge, we shall cross it.
i don't give two effs about which laws ukba might decide to use next april. whatever they come up with, nigerians would find a better way. you just admitted bimbo won. . . .next year, chibuzor, amina and folashade will win too. just give it a rest now!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2011
coogar:

yes. . . .they printed it because they know people like you are media-whores. . . . .since then, the case had died down. bimbo even said her story was twisted but i am sure she got paid from 'the sun' anyways before she gave them the interview - good luck to her and her kids.

when we get to that bridge, we shall cross it.
i don't give two effs about which laws ukba might decide to use next april. [size=13pt]whatever they come up with, nigerians would find a better way[/size]. you just admitted bimbo won. . . .[size=13pt]next year, chibuzor, amina and folashade will win too[/size]. just give it a rest now!

Typical Nigerian attitude to favour lawlessness! I can now see the rationale behind your arguments, and that is the reason why Nigeria will never progress as a country. When people who are supposedly highly learned continue to support lawlessness and fraud all in the guise of being their brother's keeper.

My argument is on the basis of the extant UKBA immigration rules, your own argument is based on supporting those who out play the system simply because they are your kith and kin. That in itself makes your argument null and void; simply throw in the towel, admit defeat, and let those with some level of objective reasoning come and use it wisely, rather than going on and on in crop circles.

I wonder why some persons just can't and won't admit they have disgracefully lost out on an argument, is it so shameful to admit that your points hold no water on any grounds whatsoever?! Simply admit to a comprehensive loss, rather than continuing to defend the indefensible.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2011
claremont:

Typical Nigerian attitude to favour lawlessness! I can now see the rationale behind your arguments, and that is the reason why Nigeria will never progress as a country. When people who are supposedly highly learned continue to support lawlessness and fraud all in the guise of being their brother's keeper.

you keep moaning about fraud and lawlessness. . . . .no one has broken any law or commit any fraudulent act. . . .bimbo is innocent! you don't need to break the law. . . .there are ways to bend the law without breaking them. grab a book!

My argument is on the basis of the extant UKBA immigration rules, your own argument is based on supporting those who out play the system simply because they are your kith and kin. That in itself makes your argument null and void; simply throw in the towel, admit defeat, and let those with some level of objective reasoning come and use it wisely, rather than going on and on in crop circles.

except that nothing you have mentioned in this discourse has been objectively laid out. . . .you keep shouting fraud. the lawmakers of immigration cannot see how bimbo has broken the law - but you sat behind your old compaq machine and you keep spewing the same balderdash time and time again. this is the problem about you jjcs who think you are better off than your counterparts still in nigeria. you always pretend to know the rules more than the born n bred. shame!

I wonder why some persons just can't and won't admit they have disgracefully lost out on an argument, is it so shameful to admit that your points hold no water on any grounds whatsoever?! Simply admit to a comprehensive loss, rather than continuing to defend the indefensible.

you are a tool!

you have shown no nous all through - can you not see all your disciples have since given up but a stubborn ewe like yourself? you kept producing pitiful articles that had nothing to do with bimbo. you have tried to pin immigration rules that were already in place before bimbo's arrival on bimbo's shoulders until i corrected you. i can go on and on but it seems your comprehension skills are lacking. bimbo is fraudulent, bimbo is a rogue - then get handcuffs and apprehend her instead of acting like a serial w@nker behind your computer screen.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2011
coogar:

you keep moaning about fraud and lawlessness. . . . .no one has broken any law or commit any fraudulent act. . . .bimbo is innocent! you don't need to break the law. . . .there are ways to bend the law without breaking them. grab a book!

except that nothing you have mentioned in this discourse has been objectively laid out. . . .you keep shouting fraud. the lawmakers of immigration cannot see how bimbo has broken the law - but you sat behind your old compaq machine and you keep spewing the same balderdash time and time again. this is the problem about you jjcs who think you are better off than your counterparts still in nigeria. you always pretend to know the rules more than the born n bred. shame!

you are a tool!

you have shown no nous all through - can you not see all your disciples have since given up but a stubborn ewe like yourself? you kept producing pitiful articles that had nothing to do with bimbo. you have tried to pin immigration rules that were already in place before bimbo's arrival on bimbo's shoulders until i corrected you. i can go on and on but it seems your comprehension skills are lacking. [size=13pt]bimbo is fraudulent[/size], [size=13pt]bimbo is a rogue[/size] - then get handcuffs and apprehend her instead of acting like a serial w@nker behind your computer screen.

Cheerz mate, I couldn't have said the above highlighted words better myself grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by coogar: 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2011
claremont:

Cheerz mate, I couldn't have said the above highlighted words better myself grin grin grin

never seen a more obdurate fellow. sarcasm sef pass your iq! na wa. cheesy
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by seyibrown(f): 12:23am On Jul 09, 2011
bimbo has been getting ante-natal treatments before she delivered. did she pay? was she asked to pay? do you have any information about that for you to be absolute certain bimbo deliberately abused the system? she took a fertility drug out of ignorance - all she wanted was one child but she had five against her own wishes. was that her crime?

Coogar,

What makes you think that Bimbo had not been taking ante-natal treatment using her legally resident sisters/cousins ID?? How else do you think a VISITOR would get ante-natal treatment without paying for it? I doubt you would see anything wrong in that as well!

i looked into the archives of quintuplets in the united kingdom. there was a case in 2007. a russian woman had quintuplets and they could not pay. there was nowhere in the article the word criminal or abuse of system was used. eventually, a group of philanthropists in russia picked the bill and the matter ended there. the russian parents were given an extension to stay in england until the babies are strong enough to fly. so instead of attacking bimbo - appeal to the billionaires in nigeria(dream on, dreamer) and get them to do something about bimbo's bill.

Link to this story, please!

claremont:

I cannot get over how much coogar has blindly argued insisted that Bimbo has not breached any immigration rules!  grin  grin grin He ought to set up business as an advocate for every form of lawlessness!  grin  grin  grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 7:15am On Jul 09, 2011
I believe Coogar represents the "creme de' la creme" of Nairaland's dodgy Queen Counsels who all profess to be adept at bending the immigration rules when it suits them. What a monumental shame to Nigeria!!! grin
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by busybody20: 7:39am On Jul 09, 2011
Tycoon's wife: Bimbo Ayelabola claims she's 'struggling to afford baby milk'
The Nigerian woman who  travelled to Britain to give birth to quins at the taxpayer’s expense is married to a wealthy businessman.
Bimbo Ayelabola, 33, had two boys and three girls in April by caesarean section and remained in hospital for almost two weeks, costing the NHS up to £200,000.

Her visitor’s visa has expired and she is now fighting to remain in this country, claiming a return to her home city of Lagos would leave her homeless and without a ‘support network’ to help her raise her five children.
However the Daily Mail has learnt that her husband, who remains in Nigeria, is a wealthy businessman.
University-educated Ohi Nasir Ilavbare is chief executive of his own logistics company whose clients include British American Tobacco  and DHL.
He also owns and runs an upmarket hotel and business centre in an exclusive suburb of Lagos, where his company, Spry Logistics, is based.
Suites at the facility in a gated complex cost £100  a night. The average  annual wage in Nigeria is around £300.

More,
£35m bill for health tourists who come to Britain for free healthcare
Door-to-door blitz on benefit cheats: Officials target couples who lie about living apart
Too many criminals get away with on-the-spot fines, says top judge
A neighbouring trader described Mr Ilavbare as ‘very rich’, while an employee confirmed ‘he is the managing director here, he owns this place’. Repeated attempts to contact him via his office have proved unsuccessful.
He and his wife seem to have remained in close touch while she has been in England. Until recently the profile picture on his Facebook page was of five babies lying on a bedspread.
The page was quickly removed when attempts were made to speak to him.

Brood: The quins on Nasir Ilavbare's Facebook page. The picture has now been removed
Mrs Ayelabola, who is staying in her sister’s cramped flat in Poplar, east London, says her husband briefly visited her in hospital around the time of the births.
But she claims he abandoned her and fled back to Nigeria when he discovered she was having quins.
Yet the children’s birth certificates show he was in London three weeks after the babies were delivered on April 28, as both parents signed the documents at Hackney register office on May 18.
The businessman’s apparent wealth, and presence by  his wife’s side, contradicts  Mrs Ayelabola’s claims that she is alone and struggling to afford £70 a week for baby milk and nappies.

Gated: The Lagos business complex where University-educated Ilavbare's company, Spry Logistics, is based
Under the terms of her visitor’s visa, which expired last month, Mrs Ayelabola is unable to work in the UK or claim any benefits.
But the Daily Mail has seen documentary evidence proving that she has been illegally working as an Avon lady.

Sunglasses: Ayelabola outside a London flat earlier this year
A neighbour said: ‘She has dropped at least two different Avon booklets through the door in the past couple of months. I’m sure she has  visited other homes in surrounding streets.

‘She’s definitely working for Avon because I bought something from her last month.’
Mrs Ayelabola’s online CV says that she graduated from the University of Lagos in 1999, and later worked as a make-up artist in the city.
Her husband studied civil engineering in Nigeria and after graduating he worked  for an international construction firm.
He went on to be general manager of an oil transport and distribution firm before setting up his current company in 2005. He is a member of the Nigerian Society  of Engineers.
The multiple births are likely to be the result of high-dose fertility tablets which Mrs Ayelabola purchased over the counter in Lagos.
She said in an interview: ‘I had already had miscarriages and couldn’t bear the stress another pregnancy would cause. So I decided to visit my family in London.
‘I thought I would stand a much better chance of avoiding another miscarriage in a calmer place with friends and family. If I go back I’ll be on my own without even a roof over my head.’

Gated: The Lagos business complex where University-educated Ilavbare's company, Spry Logistics, is based

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2012757/Bimbo-Ayelabola-Nigerian-cost-NHS-200k-married-tycoon.html#ixzz1RaUmKm4v
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 7:45am On Jul 09, 2011
I said it! Bimbo is a female James Bond, a master con-artist, even James Bond will be proud of how she pulled this one of!
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2011
Hmmmm. . .more is coming out abt the case. If this is really true about her background then i take back all i have said b4 in her support.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 8:10am On Jul 09, 2011
justwise:

Hmmmm. . .more is coming out abt the case. If this is really true about her background then i take back all i have said b4 in her support.

Personally, I have always picked holes in Bimbo's story right from the beginning, many things just didn't add up. I won't be surprised if the ConDemed government provides a 5 bedroom mansion for her somewhere in Westminster, and places her on a £500/week child benefits, it's all part of a well orchestrated strategy planned to perfection by Bimbo.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 8:16am On Jul 09, 2011
claremont:

Personally, I have always picked holes in Bimbo's story right from the beginning, many things just didn't add up. I won't be surprised if the ConDemed government provides a 5 bedroom mansion for her somewhere in Westminster, and places her on a £500/week child benefits, it's all part of a well orchestrated strategy planned to perfection by Bimbo.

If the husband is wealthy as the article suggested then they could afford the best medical treatment in private hospital in Nigeria, or pay for it here in the UK.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 8:36am On Jul 09, 2011
justwise:

If the husband is wealthy as the article suggested then they could afford the best medical treatment in private hospital in Nigeria, or pay for it here in the UK.

Someone who can afford 2 air tickets for herself and her husband can afford to do a simple ultrascan. All those hot air she has been blowing about no social network in Nigeria, no roof over her head in Nigeria, are all part of an overall strategy to fleece tax payers money from those who really need it.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2011
claremont:

Someone who can afford 2 air tickets for herself and her husband can afford to do a simple ultrascan. All those hot air she has been blowing about no social network in Nigeria, no roof over her head in Nigeria, are all part of an overall strategy to fleece tax payers money from those who really need it.

My support for her all along is for the kids cos i thought they couldn't afford the best health care in Nigeria, i don't buy her story of lacking support at home and husband abandoning her.

She did not do herself any favour by selling the story, working illegally, making some comments that did not add up, she was schooled wrongly by some family members, they told her how to beat the system but forgot to tell her how to deal with the press.

Many Nigerians in London who are not happy with her will definitely dig-out more about her and sale it to newspapers.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 8:58am On Jul 09, 2011
If "well respected" persons on this Nairaland forum like Sienna and Coogar can support this woman's story simply because she is their kith and kin, then I don't see any hope whatsoever for Nigeria to progress. If we Nigerians cannot denounce fraud, but rather choose to deodourize dogs/h?i/t/e, then we do deserve to be called all the despicable names being used on us by the western media.

Dogs/h/i/t/e remains dogs/h?i/t/e irrespective of the amount of deodorant that has been sprayed on it; supporting the actions of Bimbo on whatever pretext is an attempt to deodourize dogs/h/t/i/t/e, and it is wrong because whatever you do to it, it will still smell on all of us.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by justwise(m): 9:16am On Jul 09, 2011
claremont:

If "well respected" persons on this Nairaland forum like Sienna and Coogar can support this woman's story simply because she is their kith and kin, then I don't see any hope whatsoever for Nigeria to progress. If we Nigerians cannot denounce fraud, but rather choose to deodourize dogs/h?i/t/e, then we do deserve to be called all the despicable names being used on us by the western media.

Dogs/h/i/t/e remains dogs/h?i/t/e irrespective of the amount of deodorant that has been sprayed on it; supporting the actions of Bimbo on whatever pretext is an attempt to deodourize dogs/h/t/i/t/e, and it is wrong because whatever you do to it, it will still smell on all of us.
I don't think Sienna is supporting her action, he was supporting the reason or the outcome of her action which is those kids. Yes she abused her visa rules, told some lies but if she did all that cos she wanted to have safe delivery and can't afford it then i maintain my support for her, however, the recent development about her background leaves me with no option than to re-consider my support.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 09, 2011
Claremont, you don't seem to follow. I said I can see why she did what she did, regardless of how many rules were bent, or broken in the process. All these stories about her wealthy husband, big money etc mean nothing to me. I also have no idea the relationship Bimbo has with her husband, so his wealth doesn't affect my views. Newspaper reports can garnish any story, sensation sells papers.

Just like her being an Avon rep, that was published, on the say-so of a neighbour, I take all I read in the media with a pinch of salt. You have your own views, I have mine.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by ada24: 10:09am On Jul 09, 2011
I am so torn with this story - but because I know toooooooooooooo many people who think its funny to abuse the system - I'm beginning to think Bimbo has been lying all along. I personally think that she thought taking an overdose of clomoid would give her twins and not quins (most people know that it increases your chance of more than one baby)

If her husband is as rich as the paper claim then I find it a bit weird as to why they came to the UK and not America _ what do u have to gain from UK birth? at least in America u get automatic citizenship. As for working - I'm sorry but if i tried that in America I would be deported so in that respect she has broken a major immigration rule. As for those asking if the £70 bill is correct - yes it is trust me I know.

This week an old woman in the UK was told by her council that she could not have a carer come round at night to help her (she had a stroke years ago) apparently the cost would be £22k a year - I thought of Bimbo and was like her bill would cover approximately 10 years of care for this old woman.

I don't know I don't know - she has broken all of her immigration rules but at the same time, she has just given birth to 5 babies - I know how hard it is with 1 so how anyone expects her to start taking 5 to nigeria is living in a dream world. As for her husband leaving her - abeg leave that one we all know that one is story - if his name is on the birth certificate then trust me they are very together, how does a man register as the father if "he ran away when he discovered he had 5 babies"

but i have to say the daily mail are really after this woman.

just thought I would add my 2 cents. But the main point people don't want to discuss is why she has to come to the UK and not stay in Nigeria - the healthcare system is very bad that is the real story
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by seyibrown(f): 11:10am On Jul 09, 2011
[b]I think it was all well planned from the start.I think Bimbo knew she was having more than two babies and I think her family in the UK advised her to come 'cash in' on a multiple birth! Deceiving the immigration was just an end to getting paid 'top dosh' for her multiple birth story! She would have gotten much lesser, if anything, if she had the quins in Nigeria.  grin  grin

There are people in this country who do not qualify for free meds - despite having paid all their dues - cannot afford to pay for all their medication and have to buy only some of their vital medication!  angry Bimbo and her hubby can afford to pay for her delivery in a top private Nigerian hospital! Those who cheat the system deprive those who really deserve help from getting the help they need and it is not fair. Yes, Bimbo the undeserving scrounger has abused the NHS and perhaps a deserving resident has died somewhere because they couldn't access necessary treatment.

As for those in support of Bimbo's deception, A yoruba adage goes: A ni ka pa'nu po ka b'ole wi, e ni ibi ti oninkan fi nkan e si o da!  grin. Instead of reprimanding the thief, you say where the theft victim put his stuff wasn't good enough!  grin[/b]
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by juzme: 11:12am On Jul 09, 2011
I may ask if it is possible for someone to obtain UK visitor’s visa nowadays without strong ties in Nigeria except for family visa. I believe her family in Nigeria is comfortable and that she will have a roof over her head while in Nigeria. Except she used forged documents to obtain visa UK high commission in Nigeria will surely investigate about her background in Nigeria.
As for her bills I still maintain if she can’t pay there is nothing to do about it.
My concern will be that she should not lie in the name of prolonging her stay in UK. Let just say she succeeded in executing her plans like any other health tourism but it is will be good that she leave UK except she has another genuine reason to stay.
However, I think someone that gave birth to 5 kids need support and I believe she will get the in Nigeria.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 11:21am On Jul 09, 2011
ada24:

I am so torn with this story - but because I know toooooooooooooo many people who think its funny to abuse the system - I'm beginning to think Bimbo has been lying all along. I personally think that she thought taking an overdose of clomoid would give her twins and not quins (most people know that it increases your chance of more than one baby)

If her husband is as rich as the paper claim then I find it a bit weird as to why they came to the UK and not America _ what do u have to gain from UK birth? at least in America u get automatic citizenship. As for working - I'm sorry but if i tried that in America I would be deported so in that respect she has broken a major immigration rule. As for those asking if the £70 bill is correct - yes it is trust me I know.

This week an old woman in the UK was told by her council that she could not have a carer come round at night to help her (she had a stroke years ago) apparently the cost would be £22k a year - I thought of Bimbo and was like her bill would cover approximately 10 years of care for this old woman.

I don't know I don't know - she has broken all of her immigration rules but at the same time, she has just given birth to 5 babies - I know how hard it is with 1 so how anyone expects her to start taking 5 to nigeria is living in a dream world. As for her husband leaving her - abeg leave that one we all know that one is story - if his name is on the birth certificate then trust me they are very together, how does a man register as the father if "he ran away when he discovered he had 5 babies"

but i have to say the daily mail are really after this woman.

just thought I would add my 2 cents. But the main point people don't want to discuss is why she has to come to the UK and not stay in Nigeria - the healthcare system is very bad that is the real story

I have worked in the healthcare industry in Nigeria, and I must say that the healthcare system in Nigeria is NOT as bad as people make it seem. I do agree that there are some public hospitals with dilapidated facilities due to poor government funding, but it is wrong for us to lump all the hospitals in Nigeria in one basket and say they are all completely bad. I consider that an insult not only to those healthcare systems which are rated for excellent service, but it is also an insult to professionals practising in the healthcare industry in Nigeria.

Bimbo fits the description of a middle-class Nigerian, because she and her family can afford to travel back and forth to the UK on the slightest whim. I do hope you guys are aware of the colossal sums the embassies need to see in a private account before visas are issued, therefore it is left to conjecture the millions of naira Bimbo et al had in their account to gain their visas. My point is that she can afford to go to some private hospitals in Nigeria where she would have received world class service comparable to what is obtainable overseas. In Lagos, we have world class clinics in V.Island like Reddington hospital, Asaju Hospital, Atlantic medical centre, Lagoon clinics e.t.c. where she would have received top quality pre and post-natal care at a fraction of the cost of coming to the UK, but it's not FREE. The US, Canadian, and UK embassies all use these clinics for their pre-visa medical checks of applicants because they are highly trusted and efficient in service delivery.

She knew she will get free treatment in the UK, so she couldn't be bothered about paying a dime in any Nigerian hospital. Therefore she considered the uproar she will generate in the UK media as compared to the money she will have to pay in Nigeria, and chose the former. The main argument of Bimbo's proponents is that the issue of the 5 kids justifies the means thereof, what a callous thing to say! There is a perfect justification for every immorality known to man, even suicide bombers justify their actions on the basis of religion. It is either Bimbo is a fraud or she is not, there is no such thing as accepting a fraud has been committed, and then accepting the rationale for the fraud.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by ada24: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2011
claremont - u argue u point extremely well, I agree with you and also people who are not as harsh as you.

however, I know that there are very good hospitals in Nigeria but is it right that those hospitals you mentioned are only affordable to the rich/very rich, it is not. there are children who die from simple malaria cos their parents cannot afford the medication, some doctors giving out incorrect health advice (i have had personal experience of this) - if the average man or woman in nigeria cannot access good healthcare there is no need to talk of good hospitals in VI - what of those in other parts of the country, bit like some one in peckham saying to people back home that cos there are million pound mansions in mayfair, bishops avenue and knightsbridge we all live like that in the UK,

anyway I must stop now - my own quins minus 4 is pulling for my attention
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by claremont(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2011
I can't speak for hospitals in other parts of Nigeria, but as far as Lagos is concerned, the Fashola government is funding and renovating the General Hospitals and paying medical personnel very well. It will interest you guys to know that most of the best Doctors, Pharmacists, and Nurses in Nigeria work in the public hospitals, and some of them specialized overseas. So Bimbo had a whole lot of options in Nigeria as far as excellent healthcare is concerned, she has no excuse whatsoever apart from the obvious free NHS healthcare she wanted to benefit from.
Re: Who Will Foot The £200,000 Bill?! by LadyT(f): 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2011
I said I would laugh at all her supporters and I am laughing now LMAOOOOOOOO

FRAUD!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2012757/Bimbo-Ayelabola-Nigerian-cost-NHS-200k-married-tycoon.html

Busy body beat me to it.  Can we have peace now? I know people will continue to shamelessly support her. I dont want her deported she can afford the ticket back home silly woman. Bimbo Ayelabola ko Bimbo Londonlabola ni.

As I said before an illegal immgriant who works is 10,000 times better than this woman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Driver Becomes Unconscious After Road Chase With Police Operatives In Delta.PICS / Ibom Air Begins Commercial Flight To Bayelsa Airport.. Photos / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.