Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. (157539 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by marabout(m): 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ Marabout. It really depends on the number of labour your builder is planning to deploy to site for the job. Ideally, i was made to understand when i wanted to start mine that it is usually on contract basis and this also depends largely on the negotiating power of the builder with the labourers.  By and large, i think that amount quoted is a bit high. i advice you negotiate a bit further down.
[quote][/quote].

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

@ Vitorado, thanks for your reply.

I will do a bit of comparison first. Did you buy the hollowed blocks you used for your foundation before molding in situ? If yes, how much per 1000?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2012
Yes i bought the 2000 blocks for my foundation and they cost me 140N per one when i bought them September last year. Thereafter i have moulded on site all the blocks i have used so far on my project and i think its far more cheaper and guaranteed of good output.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by marabout(m): 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2012
@Vitorado,

Thanks very much. Several sources have told me that on site hollowed block makers don't do a good job. That they are too soft and break easily. But factory made ones are better.

Your experience is obviously and glaringly different. Mr Umoh may be needed. I will see.

Thanks again.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2012
I commenced the nogging of my house on Friday and in the last 24hrs, some little progress has been made.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2012
some pics

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2012
Some more

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2012
and

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
However, all things been equal, the noggings should be concluded by Tuesday and the aluminum guys will come in and take their measurement even though my site supervisor brought in one of his guys to do an estimated measurement before the noggings, i still seek for a second opinion from the 580k he quoted.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by jerryben12: 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2012
Please can you give a cost breakdown of the wood and labor? Thanks bro! This is coming out really good.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2012
Like i always say since i opened this thread, i will only share the cost at the end of each stage. This is necessitated by the fact that since the noggings is still ongoing, and considering the fact that more wood or materials might be needed, it will be premature to conclude on the present cost so far. If you do an historical on my thread you will observe that i share my costs at the end of every segment of the job and this will not be an exception.

However, i can share the labour which is fixed in any case.

Labour for Noggings = 90K.

Cheers
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by jerryben12: 6:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
Nice. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by steo: 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2012
Welldone Vito, you are coming close to finishing your house. Are you going for Aluminum step tiles or long span?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
Thanks Steo. I'm actually going for aluminium step tiles and am thinking of going for coffee brown colour. All things been equal roofing should commence by the end of the week.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by steo: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
I love coffee brown colour, can't wait to see the final look of the roof.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by ogogo24(m): 10:40am On Jan 23, 2012
Welldone don Vito, may the Almighty give u all it takes to finish this lovely project, amen.

I'm almost at this stage too at Ekai, please what kind of wood are u using and how much for each dimension? My site supervisor recommends Ekhi for the 3x4 and Baffia or so for others, I'm really not familiar with wood.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by osarodon(m): 11:20am On Jan 23, 2012
@vitodorado,

You are already there, keep it up and God is with you man.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by kkonsults: 11:30am On Jan 23, 2012
Good job,
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2012
Like i anticipated yesterday, i had to buy additional wood today ;

2x3 - 50
2x4 - 20

However, the noggings has gone half way and the carpenter has promised to deliver by God's grace on Wednesday. In addition, i also started the art design on my pillars today (outside, dinning section and the verandah behind). The young boys handling the pillar are fantastic guys who are very diligent with their work. I bold to say this because of the speed applied having just started today and a bit late in the day. I was quite impressed with their efforts that i had to buy them drinks to appreciate them. He has also promised to deliver by wednesday and hoping to start the window hood next week after fixing the subframe for the casement windows.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2012
Some new updates;

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2012
More

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2012
The pillar art work

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2012
Really not a lover of bogus and weird art designs. Just simple and cute does it for me.

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2012
Some updates

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2012
The dinning and rear POP as at today;

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 29, 2012
@ Don Vito wow you are really making good progress on your foundation, i wish you best of luck
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2012
@ Sweetedge. Thanks bro for the encouragement. I give Almighty God all the glory and adoration. The Noggings was finally concluded over the weekend and below is the breakdown of my nogging costs which i must confess was quite huge and considering the fact that initially i wanted to go for steptiles and after nogging the steptiles way, i decided to change my mind on the last day to Long span aluminium. Obviously i would have saved about a 100k from woods if i decided to go for Longspan from the very begining.

Let me also quickly add here that i was compled to add an additional 20k to the labour cost for the noggings because of the different gutters in the roofing mechanism .

Noggings

1 3x4x18 = 35 Lengths x N1500 52,500
2 2x4x18 = 190 pcs 156,400
3 2x3x18 = 282pcs 204,900
4 2x2 = 250pcs 21,500
5 2 bags of 4'' nails 10,000
6 2 bags of 3'' nails 10,000
7 Transportation 11,300
8 Labour for Noggings 110,000

Total 576,600
[/b]
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2012
@Don Vito,
You have really done beautifully! this is almost completed! weldone my dear brother, i have posted some pic on Sypder thread as per mine also, please find time to go through and advice if need be!

So good to be back to learn and contribute positively again
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by eseosa77(m): 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
pls vitodorado i live in benin city too,i really applaud what u are doing here,more grease to ur elbow.pls i would like to build some thing like this,this is my number and pls let me have ur number 08055857141 so i can pay a visit to the site.thank u.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:51pm On Feb 04, 2012
The roofing of my crib finally commenced on Thursday with initial challenges with the way the noggings was done. This led to some bit of corrections here and there and so far this is what has come out;

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2012
More

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:58pm On Feb 04, 2012
and lastly for now

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2012
Wonderful, clean works bros, I see you later used the long span sheets, I like them only that madam wanted the step tiles. Your house is almost completed, congrats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.