Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. (157537 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2011
@dady211. I'm not aware of any crack or division in the organization of the Amagba community. However, if you need a genuine land call this no 08062312917 (Edosa), he happens to be the pointer for the community and any land he shows you is sure banker.

@ Fhemmy. Will post my cost shortly. Mehn, the expense huge oooh. This my house BIG my broda.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Fhemmmy: 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2011
vitodorado:

@ Fhemmy. Will post my cost shortly. Mehn, the expense huge oooh. This my house BIG my broda.

Waiting and congratulations . . . . Always nice to have something with enough space, you will live in there and deserves something really good
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by osarodon(m): 2:22am On Dec 21, 2011
@vitodorado,

Keep up this good thread and thanks for your time.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by prince0(m): 7:44am On Dec 21, 2011
For properties purchase and building project in Benin City

Globakey Investment Limited
9, Isekhere Street,
Benin City.

www.globakey.com
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:56am On Dec 21, 2011
My cost so far;

GERMAN FLOORING, BLOCK WORK & LINTEL

1 12 Trips of Sharp Sand 168,000
2 30 bags of Cement @ N1800 54,000
3 6 tankers of Water 41,000
4 Moulder Labour 1200 blocks 22,000
5 Transportation of cement to site 300
6 Packing of 884 blocks 1,800
7 242 bags of Cement 418,430
8 Moulder Labour 2848 blocks 50,110
9 Labour (German floor, casting, setting, iron bender, carpenter) 461,000
10 67 lengths of 12mm rods 93,000
11 48 lengths of 1/4 rods 8,800
12 1 half roll of binding wire 3200
13 55 pcs of 1x1x12 planks 66,000
14 Transportation of planks to site 5,500
15 3'' Nails (Full bag) 4,700
16 4'' Nails (Half bag) 2,500
17 45 tons of granite 105,000
18 Digging of Soak away (2) 12,000
19 Rental of materials 3,100
20 Angle Climber 1,200
21 Supervision 50,000

TOTAL 1,571,640

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2011
Please note that a total of 272 bags of cement quoted in the cost was used for both the moulding of blocks used and the setting to both lintel and taking the level after it. All together, 4984 blocks were used for the block work. Warming up for the parafet job and roofing. 4 different parties have inspected and quoted for the parafet, while 2 of them seem to be giving me the impression that the cost will be in the region of 500 - 700k, my supervisor came up with some guys that brought up the suggestion of doing a POP framing and mount on the building after the art work, that alone they quoted 400k aside the provision of the rods for the beam work, iron bender labour, while the last that came yesterday who i saw working on a site estimated over a million naira for an effective job.

But honestly, i think i agree with the last fellow because the house is quite. Please any advice from the house?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by dady2011(m): 6:29am On Dec 24, 2011
I have finally bought a land at Amagba and have started clearing the land so I can start putting sand. What is the cost of a tipper (double trip) of sand.??.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by spyder880(m): 6:41am On Dec 24, 2011
@ Vitodorado, please break down the bulk sum of N461,000 for all labour, please help us break it down to pieces like
Carpenter = Bleep
Iron bender = Bleep
Mixing of German floor = Bleep
Etc. You are doing great, thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2011
Congrats dady211. You surely will get a trip of sand for 14k.

The breakdown of the 461k are as follows;

1. Carpenter for all the wood work (German floor binding, lintel, etc) 70,000

2. Iron Bender 20,000

3. Labour for German flooring 85,000

4. Labour (setting to lintel, level after lintel, casting of lintel & pillars, etc) 286,000

Well please i need to know if this is high or acceptable.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by osarodon(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2011
@dady2011,

How much did u buy the land at Amagba and what size?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by dady2011(m): 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2011
@ osarodon
N1m for 100 x 150
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by spyder880(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2011
^^^ Fantastic, wish I have clients in benin. Lands of that size in Enugu will be selling for N10 million, very crazy!!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Spyder Well thats the reality on ground in Benin city. These new communities are desirous of rapid development and are selling their land a bit cheap now that they still have so much to sell. But be rest assured that as these lands begin to thin out, you wont get even a 50x100 for that amount. I got mine which is a 100x100 for 600k some couple of months back precisely August.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by ogogo24(m): 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2011
dady2011:

@ osarodon
N1m for 100 x 150

@daddy2011, can I pls hv d ur contact phone no? I nid info as regards getting a plot of land at Amagba, that seems to b d happening place now in Benin. Pls send to awa_24@yahoo.com. Thx bro.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by marabout(m): 3:59am On Dec 30, 2011
Vitorado,

I was telling a friend  yesterday who's on the verge of buying something at ugbiyoko to consider Amagba.

Are they selling single plots, 50 by 100 in the area you're building yours?
Would the community, crop and youth fees be the same as for 100 by 100 or 100 by 200?

140k for community fee would be a bit steep for the guy.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2011
i bet your friend will be better for it if he considers Amagba as an alternative because that is the 'ebeano ' in Benin at the moment. Obviously he will get a 50x100 if he so desires and the 140k is the standard devt fee for all sizes of land and 10k for crops. Thereafter no other levy and i think that seems to be the attraction of people towards this community for now. Circumstances in the years ahead will determine whether this magnanimity will continue or not.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2011
Work so far

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2011
More to feed your eyes into the new year

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2011
More

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2011
More to share

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2011
Hopefully the carpenter should be through and the iron bender will commence work on the beam before the paraffet and hopefully casting should be done before the end of next week. Much as i promised myself to leave this till early next year, i just get the inspiration daily to move on.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by AreaFada2: 1:59am On Dec 31, 2011
Thanks Vitorado.

The job is going great. Kudos.

I will talk to my friend again.

I wish I knew about Amagba 6 months back myself.  One of the disadvantages of being far away from home.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by atasteve: 5:18am On Dec 31, 2011
well done, this is very nice. From your silent observer.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by steo: 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2011
@ Vitorado, your house is coming out great!! I love houses with parapet and can't wait to see the look of this house with parapet. I will also be interested in the cost as I intend to have it on my building.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 7:09pm On Dec 31, 2011
Sure bro! As the title of the thread implies, and true to my tradition of always sharing my cost at the end of every stage, be rest assured that i will do that. Just hang around
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by ogogo24(m): 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2012
This is really coming out nice. Welldone bro & more blessing!
Pls I'll like to ask, on what basis did u negotiate d labour cost with d iron bender & d carpenter, is it a one off thing or based on the quantity of materials used? Like say per number of iron rod bent?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Nawaya: 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2012
To VITODORADO who started this thread, can I just say how impressed I am with your efforts. This thread is the most thrilling stuff I've read in ages!! I only stumbled on it this morning while searching for land to buy in Benin. I just have to commend your determination to see this project through and, what's more? For making out the time to send regular updates and responses at the requests of other posters !

I am planning on starting a slightly smaller project than yours this year. However, I do not have all the cash to start and finish in one go. So, I am going to build in phases and it would be self-build for the most part. For my project, I intend to utilise the much overlooked 'red soil' or lateritic soil that predominates the landscape in Edo State. I will be building with the little-explored interlocking blocks for ease of construction and speed of work which should, hopefully, translate into some good savings.

Although, my approach to this project might seem radically different to yours, there is a lot that I have gained from following your thread. It is just nice to know and quite re-assuring that normal, hard-working fellas can still put up buildings to call their own with some determination.

I shall continue to follow this this thread until your project is completed. I really wish you well with it and I hope that God grants you the good health to enjoy that massive concrete 'fruit of your labour' ! lol !!

Go on, son, you can do it !!! Just remember not to let others distract you with irrelevant suggestions about the finishing on your property.
First of all, my honest opinion is that you could have saved a fair bit by not including a parapet in your original plan. They are not necessary, as a classy finish can still be achieved with a good roof design. Second, you DON'T NEED that POP thingy idea that your builder is trying to sell to you. I have seen loads of them in Nigeria and, quite frankly, I think they are horrible and just make an otherwise good building look tacky. I'm not sure if that is due to poor workmanship or simply due to owners' poor tastes in motifs. Maybe a bit of both actually. But, then again, one man's kpomo is another man's tonzo. What do I know ?!

Have fun with your project. Oooh, man, I'm just getting too excited here for you. No forget to keep my GULDER for me ooh. Because I go come Naija to drink and wash that house for you !!!

Could I have a contact number please? I would like a private chat at some point later. Please send it to:   omoruyi2008@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by steo: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ Nawaya, I really like your comment and, am very positive the owner of this thread will appreciate it too. May God give you the strength and fund to commence and complete your own building.

Regarding parapet, I absolutely agree you can save furtune without it but it does bring out the beauty of a house. I got a quote of N650,000 plus for my two wings building for the parapet work. I may decide to just go with normal roofing without it.

POP look great in houses especially when is done well. What I don't like is overdesigned POP, then it looks ridiculous in my opinion.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Nawaya and Steo. Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm really flattered to say the least. AS for the paraffet, it all depends on one's taste and resources and i feel that the reason while most people have a cold shoulder towards it is due largely to its attendant cost which is even more expensive than the wood noggings.

However our God is able to do all things. @ Nawaya, i will send you my details shortly.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2012
The carpenter has completed the first part of his job
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
The carpenter has completed the first part of his job and the iron bender will start his own beat of the job tomorrow. Some pics;

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.