Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. (157536 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Jussi(m): 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2011
Oga Ogbefi and Oga vitodorado, abeg make una show us some pictures ooh!

We learn a lot from your projects as God continues to bless the works of your hands cheesy
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2011
Some pic to spice the thread up as requested

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2011
More

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2011
Another view from the front

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
Dinning area

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
The main living room

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2011
Masters

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2011
The masters also has a walk in closet

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2011
Another angle of the front view

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2011
Rear view

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2011
This is really great! You have gone far I could see u did ur German floor! I dont have much progress on my own part but I will try to resend the update pic I gave in Spyder thread!
Keep up the good job boss!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2011
So far this is how far we've gone in the last 3 weeks as you can all see that the house is such a big one that everyone that has seen it tells me its the equivalent of a 2-3 flats project. I get scared or rather feel bad sometimes when i hear such comments, but i take consolation in the fact that those comments are immediately followed with a '' i love the concept'' remark.

However, i promise to post my expenses so far from the German floor up to the level after lintel. Furthermore, my supervisor has adviced we carry forward the parafet and roofing work till first week of January because of the price of rods presently which has gone up in the last one week due to the yearly shut down by companies. In the interim, i have decided to get the block moulder to mould 5'' blind blocks for my fencing which i hope to complete before the xmas holidays.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2011
Also, let me add here that , listening to Sagewood's advise on the need to collapse my master bedroom and my wife's room as one single masters, the house is now a 4 bedroom bungalow and the size of the masters is bigger than  a normal living room. However, all the other features of the ante, living room, family lounge , study , etc are all in place.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Jussi(m): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
Bros, you have done very well given the size of your project and the speed construction. I admire your tenacity! A lot of people would be discouraged quite easily by the words of some pessimists cheesy

You simply refused to go under and said no way to their pressure. You have come a long way, bravo! It's a lot of money but at the same time fun doing the project. Above all, thanks for sharing your experiences with everyone.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by osarodon(m): 6:51am On Dec 16, 2011
@Vitodorado,

Nice work you doing here and I must commend you for it.
Just like me someone close is handling a block of 4 flats of 3 bedroom (Upstair) in Eyean axis and I must confess that my initial plan was to build just a 3 bedroom bungalow but I just took a step of faith to start this.
I believe God that gave me the courage to start will help me to finish it and my plan is to take it step by step.
Vitodorado, just keep up the move.
I noticed you have pillars around the building, is it to just make it stronger?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2011
Thanks for those kind and encouraging words bro! The pillars are actually for the paraffet and there are 22 in number.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2011
Hi Don Vito,
I gathered from your post that the price of rod has gone up as per your contractor because manufacturing has stop cos of xmas hype, before now i bought for N1400/pc for 12mm rod, how much is it going for now, i am trying to gather momentum to face the German floor stuff of a thing, and if the price hike is really crazy, it will dampen my morale!!!!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Ogbefi007: 10:47am On Dec 16, 2011
@Osarodon, i must tell you getting started is the most difficult task, it took me more than 1month to finally drop the ideal of bungalow for a 3 brm flat upstairs, as you can see some bungalow can be very expensive to build depending on your taste !
So my dear, just take it in steps, and be rest assured you ll reach the finish line, if you ask me i dont know when and how to finish mine, but i just have to start something and sharing it is fun.

My plot is in Eyean Axis too, by God grace in the near future we will be attend landlord meeting together! lol great day guys.

Don Vito thanks for having us!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by osarodon(m): 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2011
@Ogefi_007, vitodorado,

Thanks for your comment and we will definitely be landlord someday.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by AreaFada2: 4:39am On Dec 18, 2011
Vito, Ogbefi, Osarodon, Sweet and all others contributing to this thread, thank you all. More greeze to your elbows!

I don't know how I managed to miss this thread till now having keenly followed Spyder, Am Alone, Brabus and Co.

While those were very useful, they were about the East, Ogun, Lagos and so on.

Refreshing to see a Benin building reality.

I have been dragging my feet for months about starting something. Like Osarodon I have changed my mind many times what to start.
Even 2 flats only years back sucked so much money out of me that it has been daunting/scary to go there again. Of course being away from home doesn't make it cheaper.
Me & Mrs have now settled for 4 flats (2 up, 2 down), though I was inclined to go for a duplex or a bungalow similar to Vito's  but Mrs reckons that profitability of 4 flats is potentially better since we're not retiring to Naija just yet. We're tentatively targeting finishing by mid-2013 or Easter 2013 if possible. Amen.

We have 100 x 200 off Sapele Road. It has just been cleared. We're going to take it slowly. Visiting home recently, people on N70k per month (supplemented by egunje in some cases) are building houses. I don't know how they do it. So no need to be daunted.
One thing is sure, it's a very good feeling when you've finally done it.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by AreaFada2: 4:46am On Dec 18, 2011
Vito,

Seeing these pictures, it's quite a neat job.
You're going for quality.

I was at a friend's site when I was home recently, he used kalo kalo for his bungalow foundation.
The builder said some even use it for storey building if it's just one floor on top, although I wouldn't do that myself.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by jennifer74(f): 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2011
Subscribing!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by osarodon(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2011
It is better to start than procrastinating and as I speak to you now I have two building plans that have been approved, one in Lagos/Ogun(bungalow) axis on ibadan expressway and the one in benin(4 flat).
I have made up my mind to start building them and to God be the glory the benin own has started and the bungalow will start next year 2012.
It is not in the amount you earn but how you manage it.
So take a step and move today.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by AreaFada2: 12:17am On Dec 19, 2011
You're right Osaradon,

I was put off those Mowe-Ofada estates after NL lawyer's expose.

When I finally decided for one behind MFM, the guy just added 250k on top of what was already agreed under the guise of processing more document (he wanted to do C of O for all the plots he had there) and make it a mini-estate. I didn't want that so I withdrew.

Whereabout in Lagos-Ibadan express is yours?

I have been taking a look at Ikorodu for some time. But prices keep shooting up.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by osarodon(m): 9:21am On Dec 19, 2011
@Area-Fada,

It is in mowe and the best option for you is to take advantage of what you get today or things will always keep increasing
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 11:41am On Dec 19, 2011
Osarodon has said it all. The best time is do anything at all is when it needs to be done. Like for me, when i got to Benin in 2004, i had the opportunity to buy a 100x50 in Abuja Qtrs in Ugbor then for 700k but i procrastinated because i wasnt too sure if i wanted to remain in the town or not. But checkout the area now, you cant even get a land to buy again talkless of gettin one for even a mill naira. But all the same, am so glad i took advantage of this opportunity in Amagba when it came along in July and would have regretted greatly if i'd missed the opportunity to buy then because the area has witnessed tremendous growth in the last 6 months and i doubt if a 100 x 100 will still go for a million naira this time next year.

However, just trying to do perimeter fencing of 5 coaches high to secure my land because neighbours around me are about to commence work on their plots and would not want any form of controversy when i return in January to continue work.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by ogogo24(m): 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2011
vitodorado:

@dady11.   The 140k is called the community development fee and i can bet you that is one community that i've seen that actually utilizes the levy for that purpose (devt). Presently all roads are been graded and like i said in my previous post, i now have direct assess to my site and that is very encouraging. Furthermore, besides the 140k, you still pay 10k for crops and another 10k for community survey which will be done by the community surveyor.

The purpose of this survey by the community surveyor (who is very educated) is to properly demarcate and square out your land dimension so as to to encroach on either the road or someones land.  Besides these fees, no one or group has harassed me for further payments or levies.

Great thread people.

I also have an ongoing project at Ekai II, off Sapele Road. I envy you guys as the Ekai community youth are very terrible and greedy! First of all, I paid a whooping sum of 215K for Youth & Elders settlement on a 90 X 100 sqft plot out of which only 180K reflected on the receipt. Afterwards, once they noticed you have started something on your site, they'll come back with series of ridiculous levies like, Crop (paid 30K - two different groups), Road Levy (paid 15K), Street levy, (just heard about that today).

It's really sad how the community youth treat people at Ekai, I almost changed my mind about the project but for the advise and encouragement of an elderly colleague, also an outsider. I feel it's my responsibility to warn those that might be planning on having a building at Ekai Community, be ready to spend, shout and form 'Agbero' as they'll surely rip u off and make your life miserable!
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2011
@Ogogo24 I feel your pain bro. You are not far from the truth and i begin to wonder how these same youth want to encourage development to their communities. Like i said earlier , Amagba for now happens to be the only community am yet to notice greed amongst the youths. Well maybe its because they still have so much land to sell at the moment that those crazy levies have not started coming up.

Unfortunately also, i had a similar experience over the weekend when i went to Warrri precisely Jakpa road to try and fence a 100x100 land my mother bought on lease as far back as 1977, i met the shockeer of my life when some group of guys turned up demanding i pay them the lease levy that was supposed to be paid on the land for the 99 yrs of the lease period claiming that their family owns the entire land in the layout. But the issue here is that the land was not bought from their family directly but from the 2 families that they sold the land to back then. I have began the process of disposing of the land as i really cannot stand those guys.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by ogogo24(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2011
@Vitodorado, that's really sad. I'm sure the so called lease will run into millions when calculated. The funny thing is the elders are also afraid of the youths, their children. So, there's really no one to run to in cases like this.

All d best bro.
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by vitodorado: 8:37am On Dec 20, 2011
Actually the lease sum as contained in the agreement is N20 per yr. But the question is , who do you pay to
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by dady2011(m): 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
Are there two executives dealing on Land matters at Amagba? if so, who are they and does anyone knows the jusrisdiction within the Amagba community that each executive have power over?
Re: Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. by Fhemmmy: 9:00pm On Dec 20, 2011
Neatly done . . . . Cost spent so far

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.