Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (37941 Views)

Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP / Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by redsun(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2011
Home is d best man.I will rather be a hard up king in my own land than a glorious servant in oyinbo land
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by redsun(m): 8:46am On Jul 23, 2011
Oyinbo is in hurry on a road to nowhere and africans don't ve to be like that,but just a little bit independent of d basics
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by KayDee4: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2011
Your first point, "debt" is an option and it depends on how financially responsible you want to live your life. Not everyone in America is a debtor and not everyone is a reckless user of credit cards.

Talking about stress, I used to work in Nigeria and at a time I forgot the colour of my house because i was never home in broad day light, I usually leave when its dark in the morning, return late @ night and even work on weekends. @ d end of the month, the salary is the same fixed amount, no extra pay for overtime. The stress is a lot more than here in America. Here, when u stress urself by working longer hours, it means u'll be getting more money than normal.

Coming to America as a professional from Nigeria means nothing to them. If you want to retain your professional value, you have to go through their educational system someway, somehow to prove yourself otherwise; you'll end up with one of those hustler menial jobs.

The cultural diffusion stuff is as optional as taking up a credit card, while some people endeavour to teach their kids the Nigerian language and cultures, others just choose to flush it down the sink and "akatalize" fully. it’s up to you to choose which way you wanna go.

If you're a very smart person you can make it anywhere on God's green earth, some people are better off in naija than they would be if they went anywhere else so I guess it’s different strokes for different folks.

But the bottom line is that naija is not a very conducive place to live. Nothing works and corruption thrives in the country, justice system is screwed up, security is nothing to write home about, infrastructure is non-existent and a whole bunch of problems enough to make a sane ni99a go crazy. All these deficiencies fixed, and 9ja becomes paradise.

How is America worse than Nigeria?

How is having constant power supply worse than PHCN ?

How is having good roads worse than driving in potholes ?

How is having a high level of security worse than living in fear of robbers (and policemen alike) all the time ?
etc etc etc.

The cost of living in Nigeria, in some aspect, is cheaper than in America and vice-versa. So hard to save money in yankee. Bills Bills Bills angry sad

With all said, North, South, East or West, Home is Best.

I love naija and hope it gets better.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by redsun(m): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2011
Who is going to fix naija,if not d educated and principled ones that are running away?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Digriz(m): 8:59am On Jul 23, 2011
skyone:

The above is a personal choice not a factor that determines a country's standard of living.
Actually, it may looks like a personal choice bt it affects the greater percentage and that percentage represents the peoples mindset abt the country.
American standard of living is much better than Nigeria bt it has its bad side too. If u are doing well in Naija better stick to where you are and enjoy ur freedom,good climate and food.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by redsun(m): 8:59am On Jul 23, 2011
Learning is not just mainly to have a good ready made life but about sacrifices,about setting pace and about human dignity
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by chika98: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2011
The fact that ANYONE wants to compare the US with Nigeria is unfathomable grin
and they're just having a right laugh LOL!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by nagoma(m): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2011
Going to America is for the selfish and irresponsible. A responsible nigerian will stay in Nigeria thru thick and thin to contribute to it's development. After all what is a lifetime of one person in history ? Only 60 or 70 years and I would rather contribute mine to nigeria than to America. Life is not about 70 years of contort and enjoyment , but about the satisfaction that you too have contributed. You can chose who to contribute to, America or Nigeria. We de kamke and we talk as equal stakeholders here and not as parasites .
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by chika98: 9:41am On Jul 23, 2011
nagoma:

Going to America is for the selfish and irresponsible. A responsible nigerian will stay in Nigeria thru thick and thin to contribute to it's development. After all what is a lifetime of one person in history ? Only 60 or 70 years and I would rather contribute mine to nigeria than to America. Life is not about 70 years of contort and enjoyment , but about the satisfaction that you too have contributed. You can chose who to contribute to, America or Nigeria. We de kamke and we talk as equal stakeholders here and not as parasites .

ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by cgem: 9:58am On Jul 23, 2011
All I can say is that Odumchi is an idiot, He is talking with such a low IQ and bringing up baseless Nigerians. Please Odumchi or what ever you call yourself shut the F**k up!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by cgem: 9:59am On Jul 23, 2011
All I can say is that Odumchi is an Idi*t, He is talking with such a low IQ and bringing up baseless Nigerians. Please Odumchi or what ever you call yourself shut the bleep up!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by cgem: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2011
All I can say is that Odumchi is an idi*t , He is talking with such a low IQ and bringing up baseless arguments. Please Odumchi or what ever you call yourself shut the bleep up!
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by skyone(m): 10:03am On Jul 23, 2011
Nigeria TO Nairaland Tabloid

1. House Of Reps Okays Islamic Banking

2. 61Nigerians Deported From The UK

3. 43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By FG In One Year

4 . Former IG Okiro Ordered To Pay N50M Over Shady Land Deals

5 . No Apology Over Islamic Banking – Sanusi

6. Striking Anambra Health Workers Vow To Continue

7. We Have 100 Volunteer Suicide Bombers For High Profile Targets - Boko Haram

8. Yar’adua Made Me Acting President - Yayale

9. Appeal To GEJ: 'Save Igbo Traders From Customs Harrassment

10. Boko Haram Splits Into Two Factions

11. Kwara ACN Warns PDP On Its Members Unruly Behaviour

12. Robbers Kill Police Chief In Ondo

13. We Can’t Pay New Wage :Abia

And does any of the above worth calling Nigeria a worthy place to live? am sure the answer is no therefore if the masses have choice of living a good life else where  pls allow them

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Revolva(m): 10:05am On Jul 23, 2011
Sorry but this guy shouldbe called Odemchi as in Odechukwu Jonathan. I do not want to diss anyone becuase of their level of education but you must be either educated to a very low level or you are just plain dumb. All your examples are so meh!

1. Taking up credit is a personal choice. You do not have to make use of credit facilities but it may be necessary to do so to build your credit if you plan to buy a house in the future as you do not find overnight millioanires in america who can afford to buy a $500,000 house cash like you do in that mad country Nigeria where government officials use the peoples commowealth for themselves.

2. The 24 hour system is part of what makes the country and very few people work are compelled to do 12 hour shifts. even when you do a 12 hour shift, you ahve the appropriate number of days off. If you care to know my dads driver in Nigeria arrives at my house at 6Am in the morning and only leaves after droping my dad off at 10/11pm and he does this 6 days a week. sometimes he is asked to come on Sundays as well and there is no official overtime! how many ours is that. The same goes for the boys in my mums shop. 8am to 7pm Monday to Saturday for N12,000/ month.

3. Professional devalue my a$$. In the western world, experience counts. All your paper cerificates are worthless! What do you expect? To walk of the plane and into a $100,000/ year job? Wake up mofo! pay your dues.

4 Does any memebr of your family have N83,000,000 cash to pay for a house. Cut your coat. Tthere are house way cheaper than that. You can get $50,000 house in some run down parts of Atlanta if you can afford it. Please give me the contact details of the car seller in Nigeria where I can buy 2 brand new SUVs for N6.6million.

5. Screw native language. can Barack Obama speak Kenayan or whatever they speak over in kenya? Is he not the bloody president.

In summary, You are not a very bright spark!

I BEG MAKE YOU HELP ME TELL THE POSTER, ABI HIM NO WANT MAKE WE SEF GO AMERICA THE PROMISE LAND, WHERE YOU CAN BE ANY THING YOU WANNA BE NOT LOCKED UP IN THIS CURSED NIGERIA WHERE YOU CNT EVEN SEE ELECTRICITY FOR 3 HOURS A DAY, , engrrissshhh jare

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by denitro(m): 10:16am On Jul 23, 2011
So you are saying that the alternative to living in the US is better:

1. Living in a country with 21 hours power outage
2. Living in a lawless society.
3. Living in a country where nothing works as it is suppose to.
4. Basic amenities are lacking - water, good roads, flooding every where, electricity.
5. Living in a country where you the rich can commit a crime and get away with it.

Let us stop deceiving ourselves.
There is a reason why the US is called a land of opportunities.
It is mostly the lazy ones that complain that the US is worse than Nigeria.

Get real
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 23, 2011
America is the best country to live on earth at the moment. Although there are challenges when you initially come in like everywhere else, if you prove yourself, you will be successful. That is why Barrack Obama is president and they don't care if he's father is Kenyan. Problem with most Nigerians is that they come into the country illegally and they expect everything to be rosy. If you come in illegally it will take several years before you can make it unless you immediately get married to an American,
I was a professional in Nigeria, I crossed over to America to do a full time MBA and immediately got a fix figure paying job after my MBA. Infact I had three jobs to choose from all paying over $120k. This is just two years after coming into the country. I have lots of friends that did the same thing and also lots of doctor friends who after their residency earn six figure salaries. Let me tell you the secrets to success in America
1) Come in legally, never be an illegal alien in a foreign country. It is the worst that can happen
2) Go through their educational system. Our degrees in 9ja are rubbish
3) Be hardworking and prove yourself

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2011
The truth here is, if you make Nigeria Visa free to US and UK, the population will reduce by half within a month!! and for those of you in Nigeria, I'm sure you can make Naija a better place and you don't need every Nigerians to come back home to fix things so kindly do it on our behalf and we shall all come back and enjoy with you  grin cheesy

Justlike most of our 'RULERS' my kids have foreign passports and as I share the same vision as most of our rulers in Nigeria. Abi do you think that Nigeria House members wife still deliver their babies in Nigeria Hospitals? No way!! and it's simple not because we don't have good hospital it's simply because they know that Nigeria's future can't be guaranteed

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by bigfat01: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2011
[size=15pt]America can never be  Worse Than Nigeria becos Nigeria is a developing country while USA IS a developed country THERE IS NOTHINg YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT,do you expect a developed country(USA) to be worse than developing country (nIGERIA)[/size]

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Parisgoodman(m): 10:45am On Jul 23, 2011
what are we really blabbing? Are u telling me that if granted the american green card u won't go? Abeg na poverty de cause criticism joor!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by SUNNY45: 10:48am On Jul 23, 2011
@ Cgem, and tell me how using insultive lines on a person makes u som1 with a high IQ

@ Skyone, U mean the American society is devoid of terrorism, homicide, robbery, scandals, corruption, brutal killings etc? U must b a big joke!!! A land where ure a 2nd citizen?
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by dramenda(f): 10:54am On Jul 23, 2011
kk
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by jerryben12: 10:58am On Jul 23, 2011
odumchi:

Have you always dreamt about going to America? Many Nigerians envision America as a land of gold and honey. A land where the government showers you daily with piles of cash, and a land where everything is free. Well, they are wrong. There is nothing of that sort in America, and recent studies and accounts have shown that it is actually better for you to stay in Nigeria than it is to go to America. Here are five reasons why.

1. Debt: The mirage that anything and everything is possible in America is a lie. Worst of all, to new immigrants, the amount of credit offered in America is so attractive that by the time you know it, you will be chin deep in Debt. Debt that will most likely take you the rest of your natural life, and half of your children's to pay off.

2. Stress: America is the capital of stress. With 12 hour shifts and continuos work, the labour takes a heavy toll on its people, unlike in Nigeria. In Nigeria, you are the boss. You decide when to work and for how long. There is not a widespread practice of 24hour shifts and round the clock work, making it much better for your health and etc. The Stress in America might cause diseases previousl unexperienced by the average Nigerian. Diseases such as High-blood pressure, Hyper tension, and Arthiritis.

3. Professional Devalue: America can be a welcoming place for highly educated and well-off immigrants but also a nightmare for others. It is often known as the "graveyard of occupations" meaning that one's previous education and occupation can easily be rendered worthless in America. There was a woman who was very well off in Nigeria. She was the head chef of a 5-star hotel back in Nigeria and upon her arrival in the US, her degree and occupation was declared worthelss. She was turned down by many other hotels and had to assume a job as a frycook at McDonalds. There is also another account of a Local Governor from Nigeria who held many outstanding degrees from Universities in Nigeria, but was denied a reasonable job in America. In short, their lives were restarted.

4. Prices: Things have become very expensive for Americans. Things ranging from household items to entire homes, and combined with the constant devalue of the Naira, the US can be a financial nightmare for Nigerians. An ordinary 4-bedroom, single family house in the US will cost atleast $500,000 which is N83,000,000, More than enough to errect a 10 bedroom mansion with a boys-quarters and a gate in Nigeria. A brand new jeep in the US can easily cost $40,000 which is N6.6 million, more than enough to buy TWO jeeps in Nigeria.

5. Cultural Diffusion: The thing that every Nigerian regards with utmost importnace is his/her cultural background. America is a slaughter house for African cultures. People emmigrate form Nigeria and give birth to their children in the US. As their children grow up, the parents avoid teaching them their native language, and from then on the children are at a loss. Then, their parents avoid teaching them about their culture and tradition. Lastly, with all this not given to them, their children effectively turn into AAsand are estranged form the culture sand tradition of their homeland, ultimately deciding their destiny in life.

With this in mind, Ill be glad to recieve your feedback and thoughts on this cool

Where did you get information from?
1. Debt? Big lie! Living above your income draws you into debt. This happens everywhere in the world. An average indian immigrant  in America will live without a credit card. An average Nigerian will go for the highest amount of credit line because he wants to live big. It is a choice and not imposed on you by America.

2. Work stress? All because you choose the wrong profession and refuse to go to school. What do you expect when you come to America and fellow Nigerians you meet tell you that you have to be a nurse or a taxi driver. Why not a doctor, lawyer or engineer? Nonesense! If you have a Nigeria degree that you did not buy, it can be accepted anywhere by any company in America. Sell yourself! Your resume can get you in the door but your personality will give you the job. How many Indian or Chinese do you see complaining of stress in America? Most of them come to America and get self employed and make the $$$. Being tha Nigerians speak English and American's do too is a big adge over Indians, Chinese, Hispanics. We Nigerians have language advantage but lack the confidence to propel our ability. Clean up your resume and get a live! There are a lot of Nigerians in corporate America in the C suites. Think positive and look beyound doing your said 12 hour nursing or taxi shift.

3. Just like everywhere. If you come to America without education, you need to kick your a** and go to school. America has provided all you need to get educated. Available tuition subsidy if you don't make enough $$. Take advantage of this. This is not offered in Nigeria. Hey, even the Americans without education are not up there. Same as in Nigeria, without education unless you live by the physical or political gun. There are way more unemployed graduates on the streets of Nigeria than America. If you have a degree from Nigeria and you live in America not using your Nigeria degree, you are doing something wrong and in the wrong arena. Wake up! Leave your crowd and give yourself a push. YOU CAN USE YOUR NIGERIA DEGREE IN AMERICA TO GET 6 FIGURE JOBS!!!!! SO EASY!!!!!

4. Big lie! Things are expense in Nigeria too. Just because your family is there to help out in Nigeria doesn't mean things are not expensive in Nigeria. Remember, immigrants living in America will complain of stress because their effort is not very visible after allocating their income. This is because they live "two lives". Live in America and live in their country of origin. They work and send money home and at the same time pay their bills in America. An American lives just a single live. When you have limited disposable cash, everything looks expensive to you. Your disposable cash is limited because you send bulk of your $$$ to Nigeria. Remember, you can buy mac chicken burger for $1, the same burger in Nigeria is N250. This is food. You can cook a pot of stew in America for less than $10. The same pot of stew will cost you more than N2000 in Nigeria. Mobility? A 2008 Accord goes for $12,500 and in Nigeria it goes for N3,000,000. In Nigeria, you are lucky if you are not paying thak N3M for an accident car (insincerity amoung car dealers). Housing? Do you know you can apply for land and build in America instead of buying an already buillt house? Well if you don't know, know now. Great savings doing it that way. Ask! The brand new jeep of $40,000 in Nigeria will cost atleast 20% in Nigeria and only affordable by mostly those stealing the Nigeria money and very feel innocent ones.

5. Nope! It all depends on how you bring up your children and neigborhood! There are Nigerian churches and mosques  in American where you can worship and mingle with people of your culture.

Final thoughts, when you are in Rome, live like the Romans. Stop complaining and take a step of optimism. Break out from your present comfort space and give yourself a lift. America is a land of opportunity for the whole world. Immigrants are not just Nigerians, they are everybody in America.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2011
skyone:

Nigeria TO Nairaland Tabloid

1.   House Of Reps Okays Islamic Banking

2.   61Nigerians Deported From The UK

3.   43,000 Ghost Workers Discovered By FG In One Year

4 .  Former IG Okiro Ordered To Pay N50M Over Shady Land Deals

5 .  No Apology Over Islamic Banking – Sanusi

6.   Striking Anambra Health Workers Vow To Continue

7.   We Have 100 Volunteer Suicide Bombers For High Profile Targets - Boko Haram

8.   Yar’adua Made Me Acting President - Yayale

9.   Appeal To GEJ: 'Save Igbo Traders From Customs Harrassment

10. Boko Haram Splits Into Two Factions

11. Kwara ACN Warns PDP On Its Members Unruly Behaviour

12. Robbers Kill Police Chief In Ondo

13. We Can’t Pay New Wage :Abia

And does any of the above worth calling Nigeria a worthy place to live? am sure the answer is no therefore if the masses have choice of living a good life else where  pls allow them

@op-
Abeg make end this pointless comparism abeg. The above is sufficient to fall your useless point. How can you even compare Nigeria to almighty US? We still use cutlasses and hoes for faming in Nigeria yet you have the guts to spew ur shyt here? In my opinion you should be lashed with koboko for even entertaining such thoughts.

Onyezuzu like you.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:07am On Jul 23, 2011
America economy is inevitably on a downward spiral.Americans may probably ve to colonize d moon and exploit d aliens there to
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:09am On Jul 23, 2011
keep her world buoyant while nigerians on d other hand just need a bit of common sense to make their world liveable
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 23, 2011
jerryben12:

Where did you get information from?
1. Debt? Big lie! Living above your income draws you into debt. This happens everywhere in the world. An average indian immigrant  in America will live without a credit card. An average Nigerian will go for the highest amount of credit line because he wants to live big. It is a choice and not imposed on you by America.

2. Work stress? All because you choose the wrong profession and refuse to go to school. What do you expect when you come to America and fellow Nigerians you meet tell you that you have to be a nurse or a taxi driver. Why not a doctor, lawyer or engineer? Nonesense! If you have a Nigeria degree that you did not buy, it can be accepted anywhere by any company in America. Sell yourself! Your resume can get you in the door but your personality will give you the job. How many Indian or Chinese do you see complaining of stress in America? Most of them come to America and get self employed and make the $$$. Being tha Nigerians speak English and American's do too is a big adge over Indians, Chinese, Hispanics. We Nigerians have language advantage but lack the confidence to propel our ability. Clean up your resume and get a live! There are a lot of Nigerians in corporate America in the C suites. Think positive and look beyound doing your said 12 hour nursing or taxi shift.

3. Just like everywhere. If you come to America without education, you need to kick your a** and go to school. America has provided all you need to get educated. Available tuition subsidy if you don't make enough $$. Take advantage of this. This is not offered in Nigeria. Hey, even the Americans without education are not up there. Same as in Nigeria, without education unless you live by the physical or political gun. There are way more unemployed graduates on the streets of Nigeria than America. If you have a degree from Nigeria and you live in America not using your Nigeria degree, you are doing something wrong and in the wrong arena. Wake up! Leave your crowd and give yourself a push. YOU CAN USE YOUR NIGERIA DEGREE IN AMERICA TO GET 6 FIGURE JOBS!!!!! SO EASY!!!!!

4. Big lie! Things are expense in Nigeria too. Just because your family is there to help out in Nigeria doesn't mean things are not expensive in Nigeria. Remember, immigrants living in America will complain of stress because their effort is not very visible after allocating their income. This is because they live "two lives". Live in America and live in their country of origin. They work and send money home and at the same time pay their bills in America. An American lives just a single live. When you have limited disposable cash, everything looks expensive to you. Your disposable cash is limited because you send bulk of your $$$ to Nigeria. Remember, you can buy mac chicken burger for $1, the same burger in Nigeria is N250. This is food. You can cook a pot of stew in America for less than $10. The same pot of stew will cost you more than N2000 in Nigeria. Mobility? A 2008 Accord goes for $12,500 and in Nigeria it goes for N3,000,000. In Nigeria, you are lucky if you are not paying thak N3M for an accident car (insincerity amoung car dealers). Housing? Do you know you can apply for land and build in America instead of buying an already buillt house? Well if you don't know, know now. Great savings doing it that way. Ask! The brand new jeep of $40,000 in Nigeria will cost atleast 20% in Nigeria and only affordable by mostly those stealing the Nigeria money and very feel innocent ones.

5. Nope! It all depends on how you bring up your children and neigborhood! There are Nigerian churches and mosques  in American where you can worship and mingle with people of your culture.

Final thoughts, when you are in Rome, live like the Romans. Stop complaining and take a step of optimism. Break out from your present comfort space and give yourself a lift. America is a land of opportunity for the whole world. Immigrants are not just Nigerians, they are everybody in America.

Nashville:

America is the best country to live on earth at the moment. Although there are challenges when you initially come in like everywhere else, if you prove yourself, you will be successful. That is why Barrack Obama is president and they don't care if he's father is Kenyan. Problem with most Nigerians is that they come into the country illegally and they expect everything to be rosy. If you come in illegally it will take several years before you can make it unless you immediately get married to an American,
I was a professional in Nigeria, I crossed over to America to do a full time MBA and immediately got a fix figure paying job after my MBA. Infact I had three jobs to choose from all paying over $120k. This is just two years after coming into the country. I have lots of friends that did the same thing and also lots of doctor friends who after their residency earn six figure salaries. Let me tell you the secrets to success in America
1) Come in legally, never be an illegal alien in a foreign country. It is the worst that can happen

Goodluck

Wiser words couldn't be spoken.

@poster- I hope you are learning? Please learn o.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by igboboy1(m): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2011
dramenda:

[s]you sound like a village boy taken out of the village yesterday, are u the first to go yankee?

U don travel go anywhere apart from yankee?
I did an asian tour last year and I saw wonders [/s]

@ IBO-BOY, TRUST ME YOU ARE A BIG FOOL.  COMPARING ASIA TO AMERICA, SEE BIFF OF THE HIGHEST LEVEL,NA ME SAY SAY MAKE THEM DENIAL YOU VISA NI,OK NA ONLY CHINKO VISA THEM GRANT YOU AND YOU COME SEE WONDER WHEN YOU REACH QHUANZOU?MAN GO TO THE MIDDLE EAST TO SEE  WONDERFUL IF YOU SEE WONDER IN ASIA,HAVE YOU BEEN TO DUBAI RECENTLY,HAVE YOU BEEN TO QUATA?GUESS YOU DONT HAVE THE VISA, MIND YOU AM A CITIZEN HERE,SO IS MY FAMILY.JUST GROW UP IN NIGERIA.BABA TRY MAKE YOU GROW UP.

once again another bush write up, have u been to singapore, hong kong, korea? to a lesser extent taiwan together called the asian tigers? I've been to all these places and singapore is way cleaner than america, ur own na dem say dem say

Bush boy by the way I am american too (big deal), u just dey flash say u be american like say na only u, small boi.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by aktunde(m): 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2011

Goodluck

God bless you brother for saying my mind. Please let me ad more.

My Advice

If you are already doing well in Nigeria, do not come to "STAY" in the U.S. You may visit, have fun, do your business and go back. Why do you think our billionaires or even millionaires remain in Nigeria but only visit the US? But if you are still hustling to reach your goals in life with no trace of light at the tunnel, the U.S is far better. And if the US stops developing for the next 100 years, it will still be better for an average Nigerian hustler. Hustling in Nigeria is not bad. But how many hustlers have actually reached their goals till they die? If majority have been reaching the goals, why are the majority still very poor?

Coming here as an hustler

Coming to the US to hustle still doesn't mean you will reach your goals in life. Your still have to define your purpose of coming here, plan what to do to fit into the system, and doing the right thing. If you do not have any US qualification in your resume, plus their job experience to match that qualification, please forget it. You might only be lucky to find the kind of job that you like.  If you plan to make big money here, try to improve on your skills here. Better still, diversify into any program with high prospects for job, and take the necessary training/certificate/degree if necessary. That is the way around it as an hustler. But if you come to as a Naija hustler, and still with no definite plan for your life in US, your life might even be more miserable than when in Nigeria. In this case, an average hustler in Nigeria will be better than the a homeless US hustler begging for money under the intense heat (above 100 degrees in summer) or begging for money in the deadly cold during winter. Above all, maintain a legal status that allows you to work in the US. Without this, even with better plans you might still be more frustrated than when in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by Uchbebe46(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2011
Wow
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by dudubody: 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2011
those complaining about america should go back home and let those enjoying it stay, ur greencard or citizenship doesnt say u cannot go back, but as for me and my family, AMERICA na our home. Get a good american education or skill and u will enjoy america brethren. no food for lazy man in ame. i have properties in naija but will definitely sell them by the time i get to 60 by God's grace cos my children wont go to naija wen i go to heaven. that i know for sure. how many years did it take us to get ordinary gsm in naija, its always e go better.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by buzugee(m): 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2011
lots of misinformed people. first off i doubt kobojunkie has ever stepped foot in chicago. i lived there for 8 years total. you will never buy a condo downtown for $130k unless it is in a run down dilapidated building (yeah they have a few of those downtown). correct condos downtown start from about $200 grand (but the service charge is where they get you. you pay about $400 a month for the upkeep of the sorroundings ). secondly, you will never buy a 4 bedroom house in a good neighborhood for $130k unless you buy it in englewood or souther surburbs like calumet and dolton, or on the west side or other unsavory parts of the city. 4 bedroom house in gold coast is like 1 million dollars, in lakeview its like half a million dollars, in lincoln park its like three quarter of a million, in hyde park its like 300 grand.

secondly, you cant compare america to nigeria. there is not even any basis for comparison. if you are a robot whose only allegiance in life is to have the basic amenities in life and a fair chance to succeed in life, then america is way better than nigeria. but if you are a person whose allegiance is to cultural ties, relaxed living, homogenous environment in which you dont stand out or look different, easy access to awesome cultural foods like suya, shaki and orishirishi meat from mamaput, community cohesiveness, lack of being tied down by bills and debts, the free life, then nigeria is the place for you, so at the end of the day it all depends on if your allegiance is to 'comfort' or to 'living amongst your own and feeling like you belong'.
Re: 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2011
I suspect OP is suffering from high fever!! I recommend Dagaquin tablet to cure his condition. Nigeria is almost moving towards a condition of a man who is deaf, dumb and blind and in this case you need God's miracle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Campaigns In Edo In A Colourful Manner (photos) / Video Of Willie Obiano & His Wife, Ebele Enjoying Nightlife In A Foreign Country / AIT Takes Down Online Poll Where Buhari Was Trouncing Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.