Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,978 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (61204 Views)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Shoprite In The Most Romantic Way.(Pic+Video) / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Romantic Way to say "I Love You" to a Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by TemmeyTJ(f): 12:39am On Sep 03, 2006
I never knew naija guys are dis romantic.lol. Nway i'll love my man to propose to me in an airport, or maybe on a live TV SHOW. I'LL LOVE DAT. cheesy
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2006
Well, the art of proposing is a difficult one to learn.
The reason one breaks out in cold sweat is the sudden
realisation of what one is getting oneself into.

Personally, once i finally make up my mind on who to bond
with for life cry , i'll immediately get her pregnant. Marriage
will naturally follow since we are in love.

Hope this helps, grin
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by TemmeyTJ(f): 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2006
@ fntekim.
You sounds like a bad man, did i hear you say you gonna get her pregnant woh dats mean. What about if she doesn't wanna get pregnant before gettin married??  Most Women prefered to be proposed to b4 gettin married or gettin pregnant, coz if you get her pregnant, its gonna look like you proposed because she's pregnant. And dats not kool enough if you really love her;  Hope you get wht am tryna say. grin
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2006
WHATEVER MO MONEY. i will tell my brother to propose to her girl friend like this, tell ten of his friend to bring there girl friend to her girl's favourite spot, take her girl there to and act as if it is just a get together thing.( pls do not buy a cheap ring, but a ring that will flash in the dark, a diamond ring) make a noise to call every one's attention. tell the audience you love a girl and you don't know if you are worthy of her, you don't know if she will take you for whom you are and not what you are, maybe she will love you as you love her back. move very close to her, let your body touch her's and just go down on you knees, ask her if she will be the mother of your children, ask her if she will be your queen, ask her if she will be your back bone, ask her if she will be your help meet, ask her if she will love to make love to you over and over again. yes i will
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Excellency(m): 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2006
The most romantic way to say 'Will you marry me' is when you see the girl in question, especially in a public place like a department store or airport, or even on the road, and then just when she is close, you trip over and fall in front of her. While she is attracted to the scene of your fall, you annonce, "I think I am in love. Will you marry me?"
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 06, 2006
yopur excellency, thou i crack my brain before spelling your screen name, don't you think people will be thinking you are crazy? am not trying to insult you, and am not being rude but do you think that okay
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Excellency(m): 12:03am On Sep 06, 2006
Well you need to do something crazy if you must a queen
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by bambash(m): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2006
Guys and gals, how about this? After a great night of doing what she enjoys doing most, be it watching movies at the Galleria or visiting friends of hers that she knows u detest and of course some TLC. In the morning you wake up before she does and prepare breakfast and take it to her in bed. The ring could either be in the cereal or in its box on the tray. wink
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by sashaygirl(f): 1:32am On Oct 20, 2006
Hummm,   well i am a girl and the most romantic way i can think of to ask a girl to marry you is to invite her for dinner to an exquisite restaurant, and after the meal in presence of everbody you place a kneel on the floor and say " all this time we have been together has been the most wonderful time of my life, been with you make me feel complete and there is nonthing i rather do than spend the rest of my life with you, WILL YOU MARRY ME".
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by hotchic1(f): 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2006
Well,u guys av all tried but dos of u dat talked abt putting the ring in a meal,remember say u no fit marry person wey don die.Think twice.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by frankiriri(m): 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2006
I think I'll just do it the boring old way, go down on my knees and ask.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by frankiriri(m): 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2006
Times have really changed.
The ape man did the asking with his club.
Hell just knock her with his club and drag her home and marraige don start.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by mukina2: 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2006
frankiriri:

Times have really changed.
The ape man did the asking with his club.
Hell just knock her with his club and drag her home and marraige don start.

lol . . . . . .
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by curiousNja(f): 3:09am On Nov 29, 2006
I would really not want anything fancy. Just get down on your knees and ask.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2007
i will like my man to propose to me where all his family is. maybe i went to his house for a visit, like a sunday when all his family is around.just go down on his knee and say

you've always been my sunshine
you've always been a source of joy to me
your joy always preach to the sadness in me
you've been so dear to me
you rock my world
love is sometime a weak word to describe what i feel for you
you are the only intimate and best friend i've known since 5 years ago
is not possible getting you out of my mind
leaving you is like leaving my life and body
coz you've been more than a friend and sister to me
that is why am asking you to be my second person, my all,
am asking you now to come in and share my world and life with me
please share my body with me
be the one to breast feed all my children
be the one to make me screem at night
be the snail and let me be the shell
be my wife am begging you to marry me please
suicide will be the best option for me if you say no
marry me please

even though tears would have soaked my eye and the whole cloth i wear but my answer will be

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu YES
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by venusmaze: 11:35pm On Jan 12, 2007
Aww all this fairy tales. Well my husband proposed out of the blue on my birthday and we were eating out. Nothing fancy just two of us, a few stares from other diners and claps and then i was embarassed . embarassed. But it was lovely
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by gem87(f): 4:07am On Jan 23, 2007
aaw, how sweet, i'm crying now
don't even wanna imagine being in that position
oh and wht if i wanna say no?
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by akindayor(m): 2:08am On Jan 25, 2007
[center][s]This is my plan and i don't want no copy copy una hear me so?[/s]
My girl knows i don't wear  chain for any reason whatsoever, i told her even if she bought it for me i
will only wear it for a while before i  dash it out. So i plan to buy the kind of ring she loves 'white gold' she says,
wear it as a pendant of the ring, Mind u the ring is gold wear my shirt all buttoned but one and pay her a visit.
The trick is she sees the chain i'm wearing herself and questions were i got it frm if she touches it,
i'll bring the whole lot out show her the ring wear it on her finger with the chain, look into her eyes and tell her
'I'M YOURS FOR LIFE ,IF YOU'LL MARRY ME!'can you be that[/
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by venusmaze: 10:49pm On Jan 25, 2007
aww. good for you. this scenario you painted looks like it will work for you and your girl as this is something both of you will relate to , so it would be daft if anyone copied this . Some will call it cheesy but different strokes as they say . Goodluck
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by creamdream: 12:14am On Feb 22, 2007
It all depends on YOu,and the kind of girl, what is romantic to a Bush girl will irritate a (Butter) cream girl still bush girl still get level and cream girls still get different levels too, so it depends NO HARD AND FAST RULE TO DETERMINE THE MOST ROMANTIC WAY, INFACT THERE CANT BE A "MOST ROMANTIC WAY"!! so NO ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION, GO REST, THANK YOU!!
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by creamdream: 12:20am On Feb 22, 2007
If your girl is a pretty but complete MUMU from the village giving her a Banana near the village stream is cool but getting on a love Boat(titanic) may be super Romantic for people like JACk in the Titanic, in the process maybe u can also get the most romantic way to die too like Jack in the Titanic!!
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by felia(f): 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2007
what about u creamdream? how will you ask your own woman to marry you, probaly from the village as well(mumu) a quote from your post don't be mad.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by monshege: 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2007
oh I so like this thread, i do hope y'all continue with your input

creamdream, i like the banana version, you think it can work for a city girl too? grin
to each his own, if i were a girl i would definitely not want to be proposed to in a public place where my answer would be affected by the people around  or have someone throw a surprise engagement party where the question will be popped (there is always two answers  to "will you marry me" and i wouldnt wanna say yes when i wish to say no)
so far, i prefer the picking a fight version; not the beating black and blue, she will surely pour hot oil on you with that one
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by muphasa(m): 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2007
I will beat the hell out of her and ask her to marry me afterward.

How romantic!!!! am the sexiest!!!

someone pls prove me right.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by felia(f): 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2007
muphasa:

I will beat the hell out of her and ask her to marry me afterward.

How romantic!!!! am the sexiest!!!

someone please prove me right.

From my point of view,that will be a death sentences
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by igbonla(m): 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2007
!
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by titilayomi(f): 2:04am On May 24, 2007
Alot of nice proposal ideas here and alot of dangerous ones  cheesy

But what about people like me that never got proposed to. . . the music tune just changed to marriage songs. . . no rings, no mushy mushy proposal, no proposal at all self, we just know we r right for each other and started plans on tying the knots.

Would have loved a beautiful romantic (but not anyway in the public) proposal, but i still love my guy all the same and would marry him even if i had to propose to him myself.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by ATLANTA96(m): 12:39am On May 25, 2007
I TOOK HER TO THE SIX FLAGS OF AMERICA AND THAT HAPPENS TO BE HER BIRTHDAY,
AFTER THAT WE WENT TO WATCH MOVIE AT ATLANTA BEST SHOW, I PRETENDED LIKE
ONE WHO HAS FORGOTTEN HER BIRTHDAY, HER BAHAVOUR TOLD THAT SHE MOST HAVE
IN MIND THAT I HAVE FORGOTTEN, I TOOK HER HOME AND ASK HER WHAT SHE
WANTED FROM ME, SHE SAID NOTHING, BUT JUST THAT SOMETHING IS MISSING
I ASK WHAT? SHE SAID NOTHING,
I PUT ON HER FAVOURIT SONG BY LONIEL REACHER (PENNY LOVE) LYRS
the first time i saw u, ohhhhhhhh
u look so fine that i heard a feelings!
one day u will be mine.
honey u came along
and captured my heart
now there's more thing i like to say don't u ever take the sweet love away
AS THE SONG WAS PLAYING SHE WAS CRYING, I TRY TO KISS HER BUT NO
SHE SAID, I LOOK STRAIGHT INTO HER EYES AND SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
I GAVE HER THE ROSES AND PERFUM, BUT SHE WAS MORE INTERESTED IN THE FLOWERS.
SHE KISS THE FLOWER AND WHILE DOING THAT SHE FOUND A GOLD WEDDING RING
SHE LOOKED AT ME WITH TEARS FALLING DOWN HER CHICK'' I WENT DOWN ON MY
KNEELS WITH TEARS, I ASK HER WILL YOU MARRY ME?
WITH TEARS ON HER CHICKS, SHE SAID YES A MILLION TIMES, shocked
BUT THE MOST PAINFULL AND SADDEST PART OF IT
IS THAT IT WAS A DREAM, I CAN'T GET TO HER
BCOX SHE BROKE MY PRECIOUS HEART AND
BETRAYED OUR LOVE,
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by NiteAngel(m): 6:16am On Jul 06, 2007
Pkrix,

What is 'after much much'? Marriage is serious business and I assure you that her (or his) answer 'after much much' will be dependent on the moment and coated with 'much much'.

At 22, get your lazy behind working and get your bones strengthened to carry responsibilities like real men do.

However you say it, be sincere and willing to pull through even when the 'much much' level drops.
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by connkg(m): 10:58am On Jul 06, 2007
Ehyyy yahhhhhhhh!

See laff! Romantic ko? Stupid exponent silly ni. U myt decide to rub "moi-moi" on your face and propose.
Hear them unmarried chaps -- ", get down on my knees, " bla bla. U get knee? Abeg 4get that talk. Crap.
By the time the question is popped (at that stage of the RELATIONSHIP), if it loses sponteneity, it loses everything!

My view --PORA-II
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by mamaorga(f): 9:42am On Feb 14, 2008
THINGS PEOPLE CAN DO JUST TO ASK
NA WA OOOO
Re: Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" by talk2sulta: 10:54am On Feb 14, 2008
@topic
Drop your car somewhere safe.then both of you will enter a molue,in the heat of the journey with all the stuffiness and noise inside the car,then ask her "will you marry me?".I know she wouldnt say no.try it.thats how I plan to do mine so that she will know that marriage is not an easy venture.sounds weird abi? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Age Is Just A Number - Reactions As 'Young' Couple Set To Wed In Benue (Photos) / How To Identify A Runs Girl - By Joro Olumofin / Help! A Friend Of Mine @31 No Boyfriend Not To Talk Of Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.