Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court (74909 Views)

Keyamo Dons Legal Robe, Appears At Tribunal In Tinubu’s Defence (Video, Photos) / Anambra: Court Dismisses Suit Seeking To Disqualify Charles Soludo / Anambra: Court To Deliver Judgement In Suit Against Andy Uba’s APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Alexis11: 9:43am On Jul 01, 2022
xmanco42:
The Muslim wear hijab out of love for their religion.
He wear his, for what? to spite the Muslim?.
I guess the difference is clear.
Everyone should follow their religion.

Nobody is spiting anybody here.

That supreme court ruling is faulty.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by GoodIsGod: 9:43am On Jul 01, 2022
Fúlàní herdsmen- Muslims .
Do they kill and maime? Yes!
Do their women wear the hijab? Yes
With the hijab are they holy? Holy for where.

Bokoharam - Muslims .

Bandits - Muslims .

ISWAP - Muslims .

Kidnappers - Muslims .

Then what is the essence of hijab in their lives

Simple! To aid their evil atrocities.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by deebrownneymar: 9:43am On Jul 01, 2022
UmuEri:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/hijab-ruling-drama-as-lawyer-wears-pastoral-robe-to-anambra-court/%3famp
this lawyer is smart but I think there’s unnecessary fuzz over this matter. If cloths could cleanse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:44am On Jul 01, 2022
ottersberger:

Una no dey tire?

Make a legal argument why Nigerians, citizens of a secular state, should wear hijab, clearly a religious relic, in the manner imposed by the alkali chief justice.

It's either Muslims wish to exist in Nigeria with others in equality and respect the principle of separation of state and religion, or opt for an Islamic state for themselves.

I suspect they would rather feign one Nigeria and keep holding everybody else down, same as they have been doing since the 1950s. This oil go soon finish. Na gas I blame.
Mumu Oga, NIgeria isn't a secular state. You people should stop this illetrate.
A secular state is a Godless state. Nigeria isn't a state that doesn't recognize the existence of a God. That's why even in our national anthem we 'so help me God'.
What you should say is that NIgeria is a multi-religious State.
Una go die ontop this hijab matter.
I'm from the south and I want women to be allowed to wear their hijab if that's what they desire

While you are busy crying upadan and wrongly claiming that NIgeria is a secular state, the US which is a country closeer to being secular has ruling by it's supreme court in favor of hijab
Below is the attached for you to read

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by UnknownQueen(f): 9:44am On Jul 01, 2022
Splitmind:

This action is a criminal insult to the religious sensibilities of others. The ruling applies to the hijab only!

Don't worry the next cjn will rule on the pastoral cloaks and other garments related to religion......

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Crafteck1: 9:44am On Jul 01, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Bitterness, envy and hate is the true religion of Africans and Black people

Why would a soul who is righteous and has holy spirit directing his deeds have any objection if his neighbours child covers her own head with scarf, hijab or African Gele/Head gear

Africans have deeply rooted problems that superceds Religion or Politics

And until Africans begin to act properly like higher intelligent being nothing will work, even Jesus Christ would denounce them in heaven because their bitterness doesn't represent his ideology

See self contradiction right here

3 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by maxzzo1(m): 9:44am On Jul 01, 2022
More dressing Loading........
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by uuzba(m): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Bitterness, envy and hate is the true religion of Africans and Black people
Why would a soul who is righteous and has holy spirit directing his deeds have any objection if his neighbours child covers her own head with scarf, hijab or African Gele/Head gear
Africans have deeply rooted problems that superceds Religion or Politics
And until Africans begin to act properly like higher intelligent being nothing will work, even Jesus Christ would denounce them in heaven because their bitterness doesn't represent his ideology

As usual, Long talk. But no solution.
Everyone has equal rights here. And everybody will express their equal rights equally.
No more one-sided laws that favours one religion over another.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Jaflex07(m): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2022
I don't think this matter should cause controversy..... Muslim should wear their hijab and Christians should also wear their dress
AS SIMPLE AS THAT

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by onuman: 9:46am On Jul 01, 2022
Nigeria's many countries in one held one by proceeds from crude oil and gas deposits in the Niger Delta whose proceeds are mostly stolen by politicians led by the Fulani.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by uuzba(m): 9:47am On Jul 01, 2022
deebrownneymar:
this lawyer is smart but I think there’s unnecessary fuzz over this matter. If cloths could cleanse.
In Canada, they just stated that only cloth 101 is allowed in any government building.
NO religious dressing or ornaments to be seen on the body.
In government buildings O!.
Them no want all this hijab wahala again.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by kingamaa(m): 9:47am On Jul 01, 2022
Result of mediocre leading the judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Sunday2021: 9:48am On Jul 01, 2022
And some foolish Christian are saying they will vote for Muslim Muslims ticket.
By then the president,the vice-president and the cjn will be a Muslim, what do you think will happen to the Christians.
I can swear with my life that no Muslim will vote for Christian Christian ticket in this country,but because they see us as fools that is why they believe they can bring a Muslim Muslims ticket.
I will say it again: any Christian that vote for a Muslim Muslims ticket will carry an ancestral curse to his family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by DeepSight(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2022
rolams:
If he likes, he can wear only elastic pant to the court. That is his problem. The ruling on hijab has been stamped and sealed. Are these lawyers not good enough to defeat the Muslims lawyers at the court?

These people shouting now are the cause of the case. Why were those ladies harassed with their hijabs? At least only few of them were using it then. Why can't they be ignored? But your hatred for Islam led you to this level.

Its madness to foist a religious outfit on any establishment with its own formal uniforms.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Mendy101: 9:49am On Jul 01, 2022
Moh247:

And your point as regarding my comment is?
I don't even know again but your comment was trash

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by beardedboy(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2022
Truthisunique2:
what have hijab done for the north wearing it

Does it stop a Yoruba Muslim woman hawing agbo from still collecting quickie from her agbo customers to test the efficacy of the man power and dry gin she sells
That's your own cup of tea.
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Kasco(m): 9:50am On Jul 01, 2022
Truthisunique2:
what have hijab done for the north wearing it

Does it stop a Yoruba Muslim woman hawing agbo from still collecting quickie from her agbo customers to test the efficacy of the man power and dry gin she sells
No be nwaamaikpe be this?

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Thepolo999(m): 9:50am On Jul 01, 2022
Lit wit jiggy
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Kaa4(m): 9:50am On Jul 01, 2022
Starting from the Supreme Court.
nairavsdollars:
Our lawyers are going mad
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 01, 2022
I think people should be allowed to wear what they like in public places so far it's not against the code of dressing of the institution..

If you are allowed to wear accessories, you can put on your rosary, beret or hijab- a form of scarf etc but not weapon such as ceremonial knife as the Sikh - The Sikh carry a ceremonial knife as part of their religious attire...

I think veil or burqa should not be allowed in public places, in gathering of other people who do not share the same beliefs as yours for security reasons and for easy identification.

Nigeria is not a religious state. It has other people with varying religions and culture. We should tolerate each other.

In your religious place, you are free to do what you like.
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Kdon2: 9:51am On Jul 01, 2022
lereinter:

Tanko was cjn

Supreme Court consist of 7 judges

Majority voted for religious fatigue could be won

I m sure you never even take time to read the report that's why you talk this way.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by MohammedIUmar(f): 9:53am On Jul 01, 2022
BENCHOKCONSULT:

It's an infringement on his right. Religion aside, the Supreme court decision must be obeyed to the latter. What is good for your religion is good for others as well. Nobody can monopolize madness.
at least those wearing hijab do have their overall and head gear on while attending to court business. He should the same so as to be treated the same.
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by arantess: 9:54am On Jul 01, 2022
UmuEri:
Tanko's surpreme court ruling must be obeyed to the later
I concur

Let's all run mad
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by GardenOfGod(m): 9:54am On Jul 01, 2022
@Fergie001
What can you say in regards to the acton of the lawyer and what will might happen next? Your candid opinion sir.
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by JoeNL22(m): 9:56am On Jul 01, 2022
Splitmind:
This lawyer is disrespecting Islam and needs to be arrested.

All these people are trying to mock us for having freedom of religion, but we will resist them.

My prayer is that all women across Nigeria will wear the veil.

And I pray all the men in Nigeria become Christians and leaders of the church aka the body of christ

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by wonder233: 9:57am On Jul 01, 2022
Again you are the one making assumptions ontop a piece of cloth. All the wearer wants is to wear a piece of cloth and you're shouting hypocrite holiness, bla bla bla. It's like you telling someone not to wear bikini in the west. Someone wants to wear something, you're having an opinion. Mtcheew
Truthisunique2:
isi agu isn't religious regalia

Hijab is and we know what hijab implies in the mind of the hypocrite wearing it
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Kdon2: 9:58am On Jul 01, 2022
Babinski:

The Supreme Court ruling on hijab is not based on sound judicial reasoning as other events such as a lawyers appearing in Pastoral and Traditional attires have shown. It is a parochial ruling designed to appeal only to Muslims without consideration for the multi-religious setup of the country. You cannot say a Muslim girl can wear hijab to school and then have the rights to stop a Sango worshipper boy from plating his hair to school.

When it comes to issues of their religion, a lot of Muslims have the inability to be objective. That is why it was a big mistake to have an Islamic Lawyer become the CJN. Of all religions in the country, Islamic adherents particularly in the North are the most likely to abuse power and use Government resources to push and propagate their religion without caring about the views of others or even what the Constitution says. When you have that kind of mindset and behaviour, it is only natural for adherents of other religions to hate you and not trust you.

Freedom of expression of faith is a guaranteed fundamental right. If Muslim like make dem Pai nobody cares. Except we want anarchy.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Godfather898989: 9:59am On Jul 01, 2022
I love this judgement....thumbs up to these great lawyers fighting for all

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by jrusky(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2022
God bless that man infact I'm proud of him. That man is my man.

Make we scatter everything and for that magistrate she is a useless magistrate judge may thunder fire her.

If the fucking Muslim can dress as they like to anywhere then christain and traditionalist can as well dress as they like to anywhere regardless.

And if you are a christain and you insult this man na thunder go kill you in this rainning season, na ogun go kill you join, na amadioha go kill you, na ayelala go kill you for being stupid allowing a religion of the Arab trying to suppress your own religion unchallenged and yet see nothing wrong in it.

Let's scatter everything.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Kdon2: 10:00am On Jul 01, 2022
MrLearned:

Religion itself, is what have blinded the 80% citizens of this very country, Instance:
Any Federal Universities in the North, the worship place(s) in there is 80% MOSQUE!
Ain't castigating yet!

Down Here in the South Federal Universities condole 90% of CHURCHES in it, but few of MOSUES
Ain't castigating yet too!

Now the Ones of Private Universities which belongs to a Particular Church have Zero Tolerance for any other Religion Likewise Private Universities which belongs to an Islamic Proprietor(s)...

In a NUT there should be provision for all people to practice there religious activities across all PUBLIC State and Federal Universities...

PRIVATE University can do as they like but with equal treatment given to students even if they are not part of your religion

that's my say.

My Learned

My brother religion is a private affair! you cant force down any individual throat as Islam is doing obviously. It's by choice!

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by whizzler: 10:01am On Jul 01, 2022
colestephan86:

No one hates Islam,
The supreme court should have ruled that individuals should abide by the rules of the institution or organization they find themselves
But as it is , everyone is allowed to practice and dress as their religion allows.
For example in covenvent university, if you are not going to go by their rules , you better stay off.
Let us stop being hypocritic, the hijab is not a piece of cloth worn on occasions as whst obtains in other religions. It's a life time adornments and it's not limited. U have women who cover their hair to go to church or for prayers alone cos it's optional for them. Have u not seen Muslim sportswomen with the hijab? Can this man or Barr Omirhobo go to the field with these pieces of attire? Christian owned Private schools all over Nigeria give the exceptions for girls to use hijabs if u don't know. Let us come off the negative attitude pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets / Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. / Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.