Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

What Do You Advise Me To Do? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Advise Me To Do? (24482 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Praise202(m): 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
Connected1:
There's what we call testing the waters.

That job of yours is well paying since you could save #3m in 5 years, you only feel you deserve more, which isn't bad.

Business too is stressful and mysterious, unless you want to opt for the quicker way to succeed business wise, which I won't talk about here.

Testing the Waters; you could start a business while working there and you invest in it gradually by employing someone to manage it for you, then you check records and accounts at your free time till you gain popularity around town and have loyal customers, then you can decide to stop.

Don't go all in, people telling you about businesses, entrepreneurship, uber business and all that don't tell you exactly how they succeed, it's a dark and corrupt world out here, more like a rat-race.

If you know, you know�
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Kobicove(m): 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
@ First rule - Don't contact anyone who sends you his phone number here!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by tnerro1(m): 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2022
27? U still young nah, uncle use that money to learn nursing and then japa from this country when u are done, you will thank me later
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by gaby(m): 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
Chris2863:
I was actually thinking you had something tangible to say

I won't be surprised that you are looking for a car to do the business because you saw people doing it.

I pitt you well well.

This is the one problem Nigerians have. The moment they her or see someone or people doing well in a line of business, they all troop in without even understanding the rudiments of the business until they mess it up for themselves and everyone else.

You'd spend #2.5m to buy a car for Uber and be doing pick up and drops for #500 without factoring in the stress on your car, return on investment, not the current inflation and cost of spare parts.

So laughable...

Na small pikin dey do you.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by gaby(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
francisbarrack:

More light on d Uber buzz?

Trash business.

Instead, go learn poultry farming and go into that...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Blizzy300: 10:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
2cents
Learn a trade atmost 6months
Or
Learn a skill atmost a year

I don't advice fleeing the country, cause from the look of things you also have the urge to settle down(marriage)...
When you eventually chose from the options above, create a thread about it...
I trust people here to guide you on how to grow them
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Chydo63(m): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2022
Why i think this is just 1 of those stories for story sake?
1. A labourer that's able to save N3m.
2. You write so well for you to refer to your occupation as Labourer.
3. Any of the options you gave, are just good enough, so you need no suggestions.
4. You wear the shoes and know where it pinches most.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Melagros(m): 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
DaddyGideon:
Good day Nairalanders
I've been a regular member in here but I'd decided to open a fresh account for the sake of privacy, and please pardon my typographical errors or probably correct them for me cause I like learning.

So here's the thing, I've been working for someone as a labourer for the past five years in a small private company. A very stressful work and very time consuming that I see no future in it and its affecting my health at the same time causeI always look stressed up, however I've been able to save a little over 3 million within this period of time. But your man is getting old, am 27 and by now I'm supposed to have a sable business of my own I should be doing.

Now am planning to leave the work cause to me it seems like I've wasted all this years cause I don't have any single skill to start with, I have no knowledge of any business to venture into and if I decide to go and start learning handwork it will take me more time, hence my confusion.. So many thought have been going through my mind. if I should relocate, buy a small car and start uber business or if I should look for a way and leave the country, or if I should just venture into business.

Please guys what do you advise me to do
I'll advise that you shouldn't leave the country unless, on a study visa
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by showafrica(m): 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2022
Authoreety:
I will advice you leave Naija if you have a welcoming destination, but wait till after elections, if Peter Obi wins, the situation of the economy can make you deciude on ur next step.

Best answer. Wait if Obi win, stay if Obi no win, run

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Chris2863(m): 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
gaby:

I won't be surprised that you are looking for a car to do the business because you saw people doing it.

I pitt you well well.

This is the one problem Nigerians have. The moment they her or see someone or people doing well in a line of business, they all troop in without even understanding the rudiments of the business until they mess it up for themselves and everyone else.

You'd spend #2.5m to buy a car for Uber and be doing pick up and drops for #500 without factoring in the stress on your car, return on investment, not the current inflation and cost of spare parts.

So laughable...

Na small pikin dey do you.
please, take a walk
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Tayorshd2(m): 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
gaby:
In whatever you decide, erase Uber from your list of to-dos

What's your location op?

If you live close to a higher institution of learning, I would advise you venture into telephone/laptop business.

I could assist you with this and how to go about it.

You could also sign up on coursera to do a course on data analysis.

Finally, forget about how old you think you are, and find a good school to study nursing. E get why..

Good luck...

Telephone or laptop bussines how much can I use to start it
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by kcprince: 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
Sectors still thriving under this recession are:

Transport
Oil and gas
Farming/ food stuff biz
Export.

I suggest you go for the Uber since it falls under transport .
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Blizzy300: 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2022
awodijiie:
Learn Search Engine Optimization on Udemy, build your linkedin profile and work remotely while you earn in $$$.

Thank me Later
I have been hearing about this for a while now, can you throw more light

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by goggle48: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
Go into scrab business.it pays.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Appleway: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
Forget suit and tie.
Many of those you see wearing suit and tie working on the Island don't have 2M in their accounts after 5 years of work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Sukkyy2010: 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
Leaha:

If I were you I will look for a way to leave this country.
With three million abi?
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by kolarov93(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2022
nwakibie3:
Use the money play 2 odds on Saturday to double your hustle

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by texannaija: 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2022
gaby:

What's your location op?

If you live close to a higher institution of learning, I would advise you venture into telephone/laptop business.

Finally, forget about how old you think you are, and find a good school to study nursing. E get why..

Good luck...

Bros, why ask him to erase Uber from the list?. I am confused though!.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Wilddove(m): 10:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
@27 You still don't know how to invest 3m Isoright. Just be careful with extravagence, 3m Is big and at the same time small, look for somebody and train the person in either mach. parts buss. Or PMS. depending on your location And continue doing whatever work that fetched you 3m In short period of time.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
DaddyGideon:
Good day Nairalanders
I've been a regular member in here but I'd decided to open a fresh account for the sake of privacy, and please pardon my typographical errors or probably correct them for me cause I like learning.

So here's the thing, I've been working for someone as a labourer for the past five years in a small private company. A very stressful work and very time consuming that I see no future in it and its affecting my health at the same time causeI always look stressed up, however I've been able to save a little over 3 million within this period of time. But your man is getting old, am 27 and by now I'm supposed to have a sable business of my own I should be doing.

Now am planning to leave the work cause to me it seems like I've wasted all this years cause I don't have any single skill to start with, I have no knowledge of any business to venture into and if I decide to go and start learning handwork it will take me more time, hence my confusion.. So many thought have been going through my mind. if I should relocate, buy a small car and start uber business or if I should look for a way and leave the country, or if I should just venture into business.

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by texannaija: 10:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
gaby:

Is Uber in Nigeria a business?

Lol

When you are driving your own car, why not?.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Rinoxy: 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
gaby:

What's your location op?

Good luck...

He should forget Uber with his own car just to do phone/laptop business because u wan bill assist am! See advice abeg.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by gaby(m): 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
Chris2863:
please, take a walk

Dingbat
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by gaby(m): 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2022
Tayorshd2:

Telephone or laptop bussines how much can I use to start it

You could start with as little as #200k depending on your acct. Balance..lol
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by texannaija: 10:48pm On Aug 31, 2022
KrisPete:
Uber business don cast ooh. Just leave that one.

I like one advise given above. Try to start schooling and study nursing. E get why as stated above.

Last last the one when sure pass, think of japa levels. But pls be careful make you nor go dash scammer agent your sweet sha ooh.

@ the bolded: Seconded!. Na the best advise on study course for now Oo if one is below 30 (I don’t know of above 30 o) and ready to japa in a few years time.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Rinoxy: 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Get a car and do bolt niggar

But before that relocate to a place where people patronize runz babe, a city where people patronize hotels alot....clubbing and drinking and smoking a place where youths mostly live life in the fast lane..so that your bolt abi uber business will excel

If you can figure out a state or city like that then boom you will make money with that car...
I would have suggest Benin city for you
U get sense man.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Olam09(m): 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
DaddyGideon:
Good day Nairalanders

Do business bobo
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by ayoncox: 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
DaddyGideon:
Good day Nairalanders

Start with learning about Financial Management and Purpose, get some books on both and lock up yourself for a week, read and listen to good materials and do critical thinking and meditation.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by gaby(m): 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
Rinoxy:

He should forget Uber with his own car just to do phone/laptop business because u wan bill assist am! See advice abeg.

I want to bill him over #3M lol...

Una be kids here aswear.

My other suggestions to am too na to bill am abi...

Go buy car #3m dey run up and down kill car kill your body while deceiving yourself that you are busy and into business.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Rinoxy: 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
blaquebelle:
Pray earnestly. You will see opportunities start to present themselves and the holy spirit will guide you on what decision to take.
Best advice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Know Its Corporate Slavery, Yet We Stay / Chief Of Air Staff Welcomes Brilliant Young NAF Combat Pilot From USA. Photos / FAAN Slashes Staff Salary Over Revenue Losses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.