Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

What Do You Advise Me To Do? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Advise Me To Do? (24476 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Obidient4life3: 5:23am On Sep 01, 2022
DaddyGideon:
Good day Nairalanders
I've been a regular member in here but I'd decided to open a fresh account for the sake of privacy, and please pardon my typographical errors or probably correct them for me cause I like learning.

So here's the thing, I've been working for someone as a labourer for the past five years in a small private company. A very stressful work and very time consuming that I see no future in it and its affecting my health at the same time causeI always look stressed up, however I've been able to save a little over 3 million within this period of time. But your man is getting old, am 27 and by now I'm supposed to have a sable business of my own I should be doing.

Now am planning to leave the work cause to me it seems like I've wasted all this years cause I don't have any single skill to start with, I have no knowledge of any business to venture into and if I decide to go and start learning handwork it will take me more time, hence my confusion.. So many thought have been going through my mind. if I should relocate, buy a small car and start uber business or if I should look for a way and leave the country, or if I should just venture into business.

Please guys what do you advise me to do
Go and learn a skill, forget Uber. Or you pay someone to learn a trade. Don't be in a rush to leave Nigeria.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by ukaface(f): 5:26am On Sep 01, 2022
The way people give themselves time/ age limit can be so annoying.
I got irritated reading the part you mentioned you're getting old at 27!!! Bruuuuuv
Who and what is chasing you? I bet it's your friends, people on ' gram, better have sense and remove that mentality and stop giving yourself unnecessary pressure.
Old at 27, if you come be 40 you go say you don turn ancestor abi?
I no get any advice for you abeg,I don dey vex.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by opabs1(m): 5:44am On Sep 01, 2022
It's a very good one for you think about the future. There are lots of things you can do online that can fetch you much more money without any physical stress you just have to be willing to learn. E commerce, Affiliate Marketing, copywriting, Amazon KDP, CPA, Facebook Advertising(yes this is a money making venture as well), video editing and so many digital skills you can learn. All you need is a phone and Internet connection. Pick any of this skills that you think your interest aligns with and learn it. You will thank me later. You can even start it as a side hustle then you concentrate on it fully when you start getting results. I can show you how to get results faster if you are interested. If you are ambitious don't go near Uber ooo. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by seanwilliam(m): 6:03am On Sep 01, 2022
Connected1:
There's what we call testing the waters.

That job of yours is well paying since you could save #3m in 5 years, you only feel you deserve more, which isn't bad.

Business too is stressful and mysterious, unless you want to opt for the quicker way to succeed business wise, which I won't talk about here.

Testing the Waters; you could start a business while working there and you invest in it gradually by employing someone to manage it for you, then you check records and accounts at your free time till you gain popularity around town and have loyal customers, then you can decide to stop.

Don't go all in, people telling you about businesses, entrepreneurship, uber business and all that don't tell you exactly how they succeed, it's a dark and corrupt world out here, more like a rat-race.

The bolded what do you mean? What do you mean by well paying job ??
3m in 5 years is 1650 naira per day ..! That’s so poor!

Kudos to op anyway, despite the fact that he paid bills and all that , he’s still able to save that . He try. But that’s never a well paying job !

@ op, find a way to keep the money in dollars until you’re sure of business to do.

Althoug
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by seanwilliam(m): 6:05am On Sep 01, 2022
motionarena:

To save up to 3m means u have been paid well to some extent
remember 5 years is 1825 days, how is that a well paid job bro ? That’s just 1650 naira daily nah
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Oceanjagaban: 6:14am On Sep 01, 2022
DaddyGideon:
Good day Nairalanders
I've been a regular member in here but I'd decided to open a fresh account for the sake of privacy, and please pardon my typographical errors or probably correct them for me cause I like learning.

So here's the thing, I've been working for someone as a labourer for the past five years in a small private company. A very stressful work and very time consuming that I see no future in it and its affecting my health at the same time causeI always look stressed up, however I've been able to save a little over 3 million within this period of time. But your man is getting old, am 27 and by now I'm supposed to have a sable business of my own I should be doing.

Now am planning to leave the work cause to me it seems like I've wasted all this years cause I don't have any single skill to start with, I have no knowledge of any business to venture into and if I decide to go and start learning handwork it will take me more time, hence my confusion.. So many thought have been going through my mind. if I should relocate, buy a small car and start uber business or if I should look for a way and leave the country, or if I should just venture into business.

Everybody can tell you how to do it,but they never did it...advice na free,anybody fit give you.in all thy getting get wisdom.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by seanwilliam(m): 6:19am On Sep 01, 2022
lasdas100:
Abeg if na true you don save that amount, leave the work go look for small business wey go profit you well. Na mai small advice beta
if he knew what to do with the money , he won’t be here seeking advice nah
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by nams77: 6:26am On Sep 01, 2022
gaby:
In whatever you decide, erase Uber/Bolt from your list of to-dos

What's your location op?

If you live close to a higher institution of learning, I would advise you venture into telephone/laptop business.

I could assist you with this and how to go about it.

You could also sign up on coursera to do a course on data analysis.

Finally, forget about how old you think you are, and find a good school to study nursing. E get why..

Good luck...

With the data analysis what will be the next move
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by seanwilliam(m): 6:27am On Sep 01, 2022
KrisPete:
Uber business don cast ooh. Just leave that one.

I like one advise given above. Try to start schooling and study nursing. E get why as stated above.

Last last the one when sure pass, think of japa levels. But pls be careful make you nor go dash scammer agent your sweet sha ooh.
u think this is easy for someone that has worked probably as casual worker in a construction or factory ? grin Lmao, like u think the brain is still fresh at 28 in this kind economy ? grin
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by seanwilliam(m): 6:31am On Sep 01, 2022
BayMc:

May God Almighty Direct and ordain your next step sir.

Someone truly needs assistace with purchase of drugs, so as to complete a course of medication, and be able to heal a painful wound fully sir.

This particular individual has been in pain all these while, and has not been able to move anywhere due to the pain.

umm, my plea is an honest, straightforward and humble one.
Can you allow God use you for this individual sir ?
because if you do, God Would so Bless and Lift you much more!!
ok. He should give you out of his lifetime savings ?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by dejiogundipe(m): 6:49am On Sep 01, 2022
DaddyGideon:
Good day Nairalanders

My advice is:

1. Get your PVC.
2. Vote for Atiku.

Then the country will improve and you enjoy your 3m naira.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Payroll1001(m): 7:07am On Sep 01, 2022
daluta:
I need to know your state of residence, ok if it's ogun or osun state skull mining is the best cashing out business
you no get Brain
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Connected1: 7:23am On Sep 01, 2022
seanwilliam:

The bolded what do you mean? What do you mean by well paying job ??
3m in 5 years is 1650 naira per day ..! That’s so poor!

Kudos to op anyway, despite the fact that he paid bills and all that , he’s still able to save that . He try. But that’s never a well paying job !

@ op, find a way to keep the money in dollars until you’re sure of business to do.

Althoug
The bolded shows that you can see the job is well paying, be realistic for once, how many single Nigerians can save #3m in 5 years from their jobs.

Well, I am not saying it's a super rich job but considering the situation he's in, the job is good enough to hold on to while doing his business, that's what I was trying to tell him.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by DaddyGideon: 7:30am On Sep 01, 2022
motionarena:

To save up to 3m means u have been paid well to some extent
Connected1:

The bolded shows that you can see the job is well paying, be realistic for once, how many single Nigerians can save #3m in 5 years from their jobs.

Well, I am not saying it's a super rich job but considering the situation he's in, the job is good enough to hold on to while doing his business, that's what I was trying to tell him.
I've not been well paid as you think, they pay me 5k daily. Only I've been very careful with my finance, I learnt how to apply my course of study into my daily life, I have a Bsc in economics. I've lived my life on a scale of preference, I don't drink, I don't have a girlfriend, I don't gamble, I live in a 80k apartment, I don't live a flashy lifestyle. I only focus on my major responsibilities

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Macgyver1: 7:40am On Sep 01, 2022
DaddyGideon:

I've not been well paid as you think, they pay me 5k daily. Only I've been very careful with my finance, I learnt how to apply my course of study into my daily life, I have a Bsc in economics. I've lived my life on a scale of preference, I don't drink, I don't have a girlfriend, I don't gamble, I live in a 80k apartment, I don't live a flashy lifestyle. I only focus on my major responsibilities

I will also advise that you subscribe and learn a progtamming skill on skillshare.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 01, 2022
You’re 27 and you think you’re getting old grin, you’ve saved 3m and you think you have no future? You need slap. How many young men your age have saved 100k let alone 3m in this country. Start a business and continue doing what you’re doing until the business picks up. Maybe you think it’s easy out there, until you quit and try you won’t understand.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by fastseo: 7:49am On Sep 01, 2022
franugo:

Why? Cause I'm actually looking at getting a car to give to someone to do bolt with
If u aren't driving the car ur self then just keep ur money. Please don't buy any car n give any person.... Be warned
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by YourFavorite21(m): 8:00am On Sep 01, 2022
To get 3 million no be moi moi now, I will advice e you to go into Uber business, with 1.5 to 2.5m you will be able to get a good Toyota Corolla 2003 model or Honda Civic for the uber business.
And beware of useless scammers in this forum.
No looseguard.
Use your number 6.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by seanwilliam(m): 8:01am On Sep 01, 2022
Connected1:

. Now I understand your point.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Connected1: 8:02am On Sep 01, 2022
DaddyGideon:

5k x 24 equals 120k

That's fair a salary, we all see people here contemplating on 30k/50k salary here.

Well you are still very prudent and your saving grace is that your family are well to do, since they don't bother you. Having a girlfriend doesn't make you unable to save, it all depends on how you spend money around her.

Aside that, don't answer those telling you to travel abroad with just #3m, people there are complaining, the few ones sending huge money home are mostly into shady deals, I don't know about Uber Business but it seems saturated to my eye.

A Business you may have passion for can be a good start, just start small, then overtime you invest massively if it turns out well, don't quit your job yet, I have a senior colleague that owns 2 hotels, a poultry house and some other businesses but yet he keeps his job, he has plans to resign next year as he had told me.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Positiveme2020: 8:07am On Sep 01, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:

2 weeks 50 dollars.

Another person dey talk one year 24 dollars.

All na wash .
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Microwhy: 8:09am On Sep 01, 2022
Alvelt14:
If you can leave the country, it is better but in all you do. Be careful and avoid losing your money to scammers.
Leave the country to do what abroad.
Even in Nigeria, he got no skills other than being a labourer.let him tell us his skill or where he stopped education wise so we can star from there.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Love800(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2022
If someone is an art student, can he go for nursing
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 01, 2022
seanwilliam:
ok. He should give you out of his lifetime savings ?

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 01, 2022
Positiveme2020:

Are u trying to scam the op? What is this rubbish you are putting down here for? Why can't God use you to help the somebody. You guys are just criminals here.

Everything I typed is true to the core. In fact to be specific, this particular individual has been on medication for 2 years now and on the drugs alone, he's spent over 200k already.

He's momentarily run out of cash and can't get the drugs anymore for the wound to heal properly. Somehow, at this moment, he needs all the help he can get, that's the reason he's desperately looking for help everywhere.

The intent isn't to scam. Yes, scammers are abundant here on nairaland buhh still, there are people who genuinely and truly needs the help.
This particular individual has been scammed twice on nairaland all in the name of trying to seek funds to continue the course of medication.

Umm, life happened, buhh it is well!
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Love800(m): 8:31am On Sep 01, 2022
Pls sir hw is diz business
goggle48:
Go into scrab business.it pays.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by DaddyGideon: 8:39am On Sep 01, 2022
2Radii:
but study visa is expensive bro..

How would he get school fees to pay??
My question too
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by fastseo: 8:51am On Sep 01, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

grin want to teach a laborer web development.
Yeye web development weh him self no sabi.
He just installed free theme and start calling him self web developer.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Positiveme2020: 8:58am On Sep 01, 2022
BayMc:

Everything I typed is true to the core. In fact to be specific, this particular individual has been on medication for 2 years now and on the drugs alone, he's spent over 200k already.

He's momentarily run out of cash and can't get the drugs anymore for the wound to heal properly. Somehow, at this moment, he needs all the help he can get, that's the reason he's desperately looking for help everywhere.

The intent isn't to scam. Yes, scammers are abundant here on nairaland buhh still, there are people who genuinely and truly needs the help.
This particular individual has been scammed twice on nairaland all in the name of trying to seek funds to continue the course of medication.

Umm, life happened, buhh it is well!

What proof do u have to show . And why on this thread because you saw someone metion 3m??
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by 2Radii: 9:07am On Sep 01, 2022
DaddyGideon:

My question too
Even me bro, i want to jakpa but i cant use study route, study route is too expensive aswear, how do u expect me to lavish around 30million naira just to get a paper??

I can school there if i secure a working visa, at least i wil know what i am doin and what i am falling into.
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by ufuosman(m): 9:13am On Sep 01, 2022
Wawelexy:
Open a small supermarket store...
that money will not be enough for mini supermarket

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” / We Know Its Corporate Slavery, Yet We Stay / Chief Of Air Staff Welcomes Brilliant Young NAF Combat Pilot From USA. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.