Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:27 AM

Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? (16537 Views)

Exposed: “Why Girls Play Hard To Get & How To Make Them Not Do It Around You" / Why Do Ladies Play Hard To Get? / Women Like Men With Hairy Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by kandiikane(m): 12:12am On Aug 27, 2011
@Babe, do you play hard to get? My shoes? I am moving from hertfordshire oo. . undecided

Women out there are desperately looking for men and someone is here saying she has got preferences. .Oya, sit let your ovaries and womb rot while you wait for MR. Perfect. .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by BABE3: 12:15am On Aug 27, 2011
kandiikane:

@Babe, do you play hard to get? My shoes? I am moving from hertfordshire oo. . undecided

Where are you moving to? Back to your little cave in Africa? lol

When your shoes are ready for shipping, I'll holla for your address (How many times will I have to tell you this?). You're still gonna be in UK right?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by kandiikane(m): 12:18am On Aug 27, 2011
Loool, don't make me insult you ooo. .

Yeah, will still be in the UK but moving North West for Uni. .Law with Criminology. . grin

Excited!!Cannot wait for the essays, I missed them. . grin

You nor serious. .I know I will not see those shoes. .

You have not answered my question, sef.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by premechaz: 12:22am On Aug 27, 2011
kandiikane:

Loool, don't make me insult you ooo. .

Yeah, will still be in the UK but moving North West for Uni. .Law with Criminology. . grin

Excited!!Cannot wait for the essays, I missed them. . grin

You nor serious. .I know I will not see those shoes. .

You have not answered my question, sef.

I dont see you making it through Uni. You will probably get pregnant midway and fail out.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by coogar: 12:22am On Aug 27, 2011
merge:

What ever you say about me does not matter. I have my belief. Nothing can change that. Criticize me all you want I will remain the same. Its not going to change a DAMN thing.

we don't want you to change. . . .remaining this way forever would please us.

you dislike nigerian men and you are on a nigerian forum? what is it with you that is distorted?
maybe you need a psychiatric hospital to sort out your dementia.
you are probably one of those akata babes who has aged beyond marriageable age and you are looking for an avenue to pour out your frustrations.

i have met several girls like you in the states. one-tracked mind, mostly virgins, spent more years in school than in the outside world looking for the cure of hiv virus, kept themselves holy for mr right until they realized their market is now obsolete and so on and forth.

the bad news is. . . . .nigerian males don't care about your standards. . . . .nigeria is the most populous black nation in the world.
there are bazillions of better women like you in nigeria. . . . . .we have seen it all, so stiffen your middle finger and sit on it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by BABE3: 12:23am On Aug 27, 2011
Kandi

Nice-- That's Neat!

You'll get your shoes. When the lord provides resources, you'll get them.

Do I play hard to get?  Yh, sometimes. 97% of that time, I don't like the guy, so you can't really call it playing hard to get--I just don't like him.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by Princek12(m): 12:23am On Aug 27, 2011
merge:

I have never rejected any guy like an animal. I'm fairly nice about it. I don't know where you got that from. I have never supported such behavior.  Seriously, I'm not easily impressed by anybody. Plus I don't like cocky/arrogant guys. I'm not like  the women you meet that jump on a guy because of his money or whatever.  

I applaud you for claiming to not reject guys like animals, unlike how some other Naija girls do. Just as people do not easily impress you, a lot of girls do not easily impress me, for I am insanely picky about the type of girls I approach, much less date. One thing I cannot tolerate is a girl with a nasty attitude. That is the deal breaker for me. Even if she shows me a nasty attitude, I will dispose of her and will bounce, even if she comes back to beg me later on.

You seem to be arrogant yourself, so it is paradoxical that you do not like cocky, arrogant guys. And a guy who is confident does not necessarily mean that he is cocky. And for your info, I am yet to meet a girl who claims that she is easily impressed by a guy's money or whatever. At the end of the day, there has to be something that attracts you to a guy--looks, money, intelligence, personality, style, manner of dressing, eloquence, etc.

If none of those things impress you, then maybe you are a bicurious female. lol
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by Princek12(m): 12:26am On Aug 27, 2011
BABE!:

Nice-- That's Neat!

You'll get your shoes. No jokes.

Do I play hard to get?  Yh, sometimes. 97% of that time, I don't like the guy, so you can't really call it playing hard to get--I just don't like him.

You lads are confusing rejection with playing hard to get. Playing hard to get means you like the guy but are still forming as if you don't like him, sometimes to the extent of being impolite to him. Rejection on the other hand means you do not like the guy, have no intent whatsoever to engage him, and you respectfully and maturely decline his advances.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by BABE3: 12:26am On Aug 27, 2011
Kandi, that premechaz dude is Fstranger, so insult him all you want.  grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by kandiikane(m): 12:27am On Aug 27, 2011
premechaz:

I dont see you making it through Uni. You will probably get pregnant midway and fail out.

Ahahaha, God forbid bad thing, back to sender. .

BABE!:

Kandi

Nice-- That's Neat!

You'll get your shoes. When the lord provides resources, you'll get them.

Ah,  smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by kandiikane(m): 12:29am On Aug 27, 2011
BABE!:

Kandi, that premechaz dude is Fstranger, so insult him all you want.  grin

Oh, I see. . He might have ran out of alphabets to use for his "stranger"
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by BABE3: 12:31am On Aug 27, 2011
Princek12:

You lads are confusing rejection with playing hard to get. Playing hard to get means you like the guy but are still forming as if you don't like him, sometimes to the extent of being impolite to him. Rejection on the other hand means you do not like the guy, have no intent whatsoever to engage him, and you respectfully and maturely decline his advances.

No be the same thing?. Rejection o, playing hard to get o, Na the same thing na. The guy is chasing you, and it's hard for him to get you = Playing hard to get.

Yh, I get you.  wink
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by merge(f): 12:34am On Aug 27, 2011
coogar:

we don't want you to change. . . .remaining this way forever would please us.

you dislike nigerian men and you are on a nigerian forum? what is it with you that is distorted?
maybe you need a psychiatric hospital to sort out your dementia.
you are probably one of those akata babes who has aged beyond marriageable age and you are looking for an avenue to pour out your frustrations.

i have met several girls like you in the states. one-tracked mind, mostly virgins, spent more years in school than in the outside world looking for the cure of hiv virus, kept themselves holy for mr right until they realized their market is now obsolete and so on and forth.

the bad news is. . . . .nigerian males don't care about your standards. . . . .nigeria is the most populous black nation in the world.
there are bazillions of better women like you in nigeria. . . . . .we have seen it all, so stiffen your middle finger and sit on it.
tongue

All you can do is judge me. I don't care to be the nigerian standards. I will not marry 100 men. Only one. I can only be me and that is enough. Most Nigerian men want women that shout  out Jesus and wear weaves. I don't do any of that. If I voice my opinion that means I'm older than 30. Funny logic.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by kandiikane(m): 12:40am On Aug 27, 2011
^^I agree you come across quite young and immature. .Grow the hell up or wait five more years!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by BABE3: 12:40am On Aug 27, 2011
Prince

Actually, your explanation/terminologies are applicable to a female's point of view.

From a guy's POV, Rejection is the same as Playing hard to get. Coz, at the end of the day, the guy is thinking "This chick, doesn't like me, so she's rejecting me".

The guy wouldn't know that she likes him if she's forming.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by Princek12(m): 12:43am On Aug 27, 2011
BABE!:

Prince

Actually, your explaination/terminologies are applicable to a female's point of view.

As a guy, Rejection is the same as Playing hard to get. Coz, at the end of the day, the guy is thinking "This chick, doesn't like me, so she's rejecting me".

The guy wouldn't know that he likes her if she's forming.

Yea, but a guy knows the girl is playing hard to get if the girl ignores after she acts as if she is not interested, then the same girl who had acted as if she is not interested now thereafter tries to link up with guy. Or the guy is persistent and the girl now accepts his advances and wants to marry him. Therein lies the question: why all the forming and attitude in the first place when she is genuinely interested?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by merge(f): 12:49am On Aug 27, 2011
I'm probably confusing the two myself because I think its common for guys to think of rejection and playing hard to get as the same thing.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by Princek12(m): 12:50am On Aug 27, 2011
merge:

tongue

All you can do is judge me. I don't care to be the nigerian standards. I will not marry 100 men. Only one. I can only be me and that is enough. Most Nigerian men want women that shout  out Jesus and wear weaves. I don't do any of that. If I voice my opinion that means I'm older than 30. Funny logic.

Merge, I am not trying to judge you, but I think I know what your problem is. You have Nigerian parents who are either from the village or are illiterates, and you have never been exposed to a variety of Nigerian people. Your parents were fortunate to get an American visa or won a lottery and stayed in America. You grow up in an environment where you suffered from identity crisis, not knowing whether to embrace your parents village or illiterate way of life or your American way of life. Your parents did not acculture you properly to Nigerian customs and practices; and if they did, it was to the village or archaic way of life. You now fear that the average Nigerian man will be like your village father. You have probably never been to Nigeria before; and even if you have, your parents took you straight to the village, where you were exposed only to palmwine tappers. You now know think you are on some mysterious higher level than Nigerian men because you were raised in Yankee. I have seen many girls like you. Eya? Pele. Sorry sorry oooooo
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by merge(f): 12:52am On Aug 27, 2011
Princek12:

Merge, I am not trying to judge you, but I think I know what your problem is. You have Nigerian parents who are either from the village or are illiterates, and you have never been exposed to a variety of Nigerian people. Your parents were fortunate to get an American visa or won a lottery and stayed in America. You grow up in an environment where you suffered from identity crisis, not knowing whether to embrace your parents village or illiterate way of life or your American way of life. Your parents did not acculture you properly to Nigerian customs and practices; and if they did, it was to the village or archaic way of life. You now fear that the average Nigerian man will be like your village father. You have probably never been to Nigeria before; and even if you have, your parents took you straight to the village, where you were exposed only to palmwine tappers. You now know think you are on some mysterious higher level than Nigerian men because you were raised in Yankee. I have seen many girls like you. Eya? Pele. Sorry sorry oooooo

totally false.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by BABE3: 12:56am On Aug 27, 2011
Princek12:

Yea, but a guy knows the girl is playing hard to get if the girl ignores after she acts as if she is not interested, then the same girl who had acted as if she is not interested now thereafter tries to link up with guy.

Exactly my point. At some point in time, in a guy's dictionary, those two terms are interchangable.

Princek12:

Therein lies the question: why all the forming and attitude in the first place when she is genuinely interested?

Some females find joy and happiness in making guys look desperate.

There are classier and more subtle ways to form, besides insulting and being impolite. Not everyone is classy, so you should understand.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by coogar: 12:56am On Aug 27, 2011
merge:

tongue

you can only marry one man?
and this man would be from where? nigeria?

if you meet any nigerian male that is ready to put up with this baggage of yours, be wary and flee from him.
he only needs you for the green card. no nigerian man would tolerate 1/100th of the crap you keep spewing.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by claremont(m): 12:59am On Aug 27, 2011
^^^
cheesy There is a limit to which a Nigerian man can bend over backwards in order to secure a Green card, this goes over the limit. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by merge(f): 1:08am On Aug 27, 2011
coogar:

you can only marry one man?
and this man would be from where? nigeria?

if you meet any nigerian male that is ready to put up with this baggage of yours, be wary and flee from him.
he only needs you for the green card. no nigerian man would tolerate 1/100th of the crap you keep spewing.

There a time and place for everything. This is a forum.  A time for debate and discussion. Not a marriage sermon/courtship. How dumb do you really think I'm? lol Some women know how to play the game remember that.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by coogar: 1:26am On Aug 27, 2011
merge:

There a time and place for everything. This is a forum.  A time for debate and discussion. Not a marriage sermon/courtship. How dumb do you really think I'm? lol Some women know how to play the game remember that.

thanks for proving me right then.
like i stated earlier, it's either you are a wum or you're suffering from identity crisis
probably a bit of both. . . .

i rest my case. . . .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by merge(f): 1:30am On Aug 27, 2011
coogar:

thanks for proving me right then.
like i stated earlier, it's either you are a wum or you're suffering from identity crisis
probably a bit of both. . . .

i rest my case. . . .

Whatever you want to believe. Trust me, your opinions don't mean squats. Your case should have been rested a long time ago.  I'm not looking for a man online. Your views don't mean JACK.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by Princek12(m): 1:59am On Aug 27, 2011
BABE!:

Exactly my point. At some point in time, in a guy's dictionary, those two terms are interchangable.

Some females find joy and happiness in making guys look desperate.

There are classier and more subtle ways to form, besides insulting and being impolite. Not everyone is classy, so you should understand.

it is still not interchangeable. A reasonable girl who rejects a guy does not come back to try and talk to the guy. A girl who plays hard to get forms and acts as though she is trying to reject the guy, and when the guy walks away she tries to holla at him or she later agrees when if the guy is persistent.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by sexsinners(m): 2:18am On Aug 27, 2011
hard to get Lol!!! oh my i can't stop laughing smh
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by BABE3: 2:24am On Aug 27, 2011
BABE!:

At some point in time,  A.K.A  Prior to the guy knowing whether she's "playing hard to get" or rejecting.

You even made the point yourself:
Princek12:

Yea, but a guy knows the girl is playing hard to get if the girl ignores after she acts as if she is not interested, then the same girl who had acted as if she is not interested now thereafter tries to link up with guy.  

He knows which term to use on the girl, only after she tries "to link up with him".
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by Princek12(m): 2:52am On Aug 27, 2011
BABE!:

At some point in time,  A.K.A  Prior to the guy knowing whether she's "playing hard to get" or rejecting.

You even made the point yourself:
He knows which term to use on the girl, only after she tries "to link up with him".

Pretty much what the guys are saying. And this playing hard to get behavior is not comprehensible to a rational human being, only comprehensible to Naija women, especially Yoruba girls.

Some Naija girls think that it is the right thing to do, which may be 50 years ago. But some of these girls forget it is 2011, and the girls who don't play hard to get and who are down to earth are the ones meeting men and getting married. Playing hard to get will only make you lose a guy you cherish, because that guy may not be the one who will continue kissing your arse until you say yes, or you may never see him again to later make a move on him. Bottom line, playing hard to get is pure stupidity lunacy.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by tope3x(m): 5:00am On Aug 27, 2011
Nigerian women are the cheapest thing in the world, especially when they know you just arrived from ABROAD, you dont need to woo them, they'll come to you and woo you.even if you have a nice ride, and a very seducing accommodation, they are ready to promise you heaven and earth. Na dem dey woo men now.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by Freesia(f): 5:19am On Aug 27, 2011
Sometimes ladies are not playing hard or rejecting a man, it's just been cautious or playing safe. Men will come up with all sorts of lies about themselves even the most obvious when they are toasting a lady or getting to know her undecided
some men introduce themselves to a lady with his name and then quickly mention how many degrees he has,what he does for a living bla bla bla,why the whole resume guys??
It's a  huge turn off it doesn't help when some guys are jiggling their keys in their hands or pockets and talking big within five minutes of meeting you.I wish they would keep it simple, Just be yourself ( we all can't be rich)
I know for a fact that when you are wealthy you will not need to brag to anyone about your money and achievements because sooner or later people will find out and besides once you start lying to the ladies you need another lie to manage the first lie.So much wasted effort seriously!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? by okooyinbo(m): 6:57am On Aug 27, 2011
premechaz Posts: 56

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Like To Play Hard To Get? « #284 on: Today at 00:59:45 »

Quote from: okooyinbo on Today at 00:49:07 Babe!, iyawo mi kii se dudu o. Bi oruko ti mo nje lori Nairaland ti wi, bee gele lo se ri. Oruko nro mi daadaa.

you live in the projects?

What projects are you talking about? Mind explaining what you mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why 70% Of U.S. Black Women Are Single / Woman's Breast Spills Out Of Her Dress In A Public Bus In Lagos / Couple Before And After Sex Picture, Goes Viral On Facebook (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.