Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

144000, Who Are They? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 144000, Who Are They? (3346 Views)

Will Only 144000 People Make Heaven? / Transatlantic Slave Trade And The Biblical 144000 / Is It Only 144000 people That Will Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2023
No single human can adequately practice what Christ taught it's as a group that Jesus' teachings could be effective so stop deceiving yourself. I'm not saying i singularly practice what Jesus taught but i discovered a group of people practicing it as a BODY that's why i joined them, before then i had my own religion which after cross examination i found out that even though i love doing what pleases God the imperfection in me will hinder me so i need a body of worshipers in whose midst i will continue to see how imperfect humans like me are fighting really hard to put on the new personality.

So i'm not a Christian if i don't have a body of worshipers with whom i should join to practice what Jesus commissioned! Matthew 28:19-20 smiley

tctrills:

I understand you claim to practice what Christ taught but the more I discuss with you, the more I see that you are so far from the teachings of Christ.
But it's ok, not everyone must follow Christ.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 12:15am On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
No single human can adequately practice what Christ taught it's as a group that Jesus' teachings could be effective so stop deceiving yourself. I'm not saying i singularly practice what Jesus taught but i discovered a group of people practicing it as a BODY that's why i joined them, before then i had my own religion which after cross examination i found out that even though i love doing what pleases God the imperfection in me will hinder me so i need a body of worshipers in whose midst i will continue to see how imperfect humans like me are fighting really hard to put on the new personality.

So i'm not a Christian if i don't have a body of worshipers with whom i should join to practice what Jesus commissioned! Matthew 28:19-20 smiley

But a group with false teaches can't be the right group.

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:27am On Jan 23, 2023
If you can't present a single group that has a better teaching yielding positivity then you're lying to your own soul.
The critics in Jesus' days never agreed that Jesus has the truth yet he was able to present a group that's practicing what he taught as the Christ when other groups are contradicting themselves yet claiming they're following what is found in the Mosaic laws.
So if you're saying you know 100 different sects doing what Jesus taught why are they not united as one group? so that the world can see what Jesus taught by observing one group not countless sects with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet you're saying they are practicing what one single man taught!

Only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ORGANIZATION is the Christian group because Jesus said that no matter how well organized and orderly they're doing things critics like you will never agree with them instead you will be criticizing them whereas you can't present any group that is performing better than them! smiley

tctrills:

But a group with false teaches can't be the right group.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 7:54am On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
If you can't present a single group that has a better teaching yielding positivity then you're lying to your own soul.
The critics in Jesus' days never agreed that Jesus has the truth yet he was able to present a group that's practicing what he taught as the Christ when other groups are contradicting themselves yet claiming they're following what is found in the Mosaic laws.
So if you're saying you know 100 different sects doing what Jesus taught why are they not united as one group? so that the world can see what Jesus taught by observing one group not countless sects with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet you're saying they are practicing what one single man taught!

Only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ORGANIZATION is the Christian group because Jesus said that no matter how well organized and orderly they're doing things critics like you will never agree with them instead you will be criticizing them whereas you can't present any group that is performing better than them! smiley

Oga, you call me a critic but I have seen you and your boys criticize others and call people names including me here on Nairaland so stop the hypocrisy.

You also ask a funny question about why other sects are not united as one group. But also, why are you and also not united with Methodist or other groups. You are part of the division. So stop blaming others because the various Christian sects including yours would never unite.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:07am On Jan 23, 2023
Because we believe they're not worshiping our God. If anyone is worshiping our God he or she must be one of us.
That's what made the Jews in the first century criticized Jesus he said only his group will gain everlasting life that all Jews had been praying for! John 14:6
So now answer me are all these numerous sects practicing what Jesus taught when they're not united as ONE body? smiley

tctrills:

why are you and also not united with Methodist or other groups.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by Techobeys: 8:12am On Jan 23, 2023
You people just like doing your own thing and not caring about the truth of God. Does it not say that these 144000 are people who never slept with any woman and are virgins? How did you miss this when you did actual research?

These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. Revelation 14:4

Do you think going to ask different denominations of Christians their opinions is a reasonable research? Aren’t you suppose to start from the book so you might see the truth?

I really do not think you’re serious, you’re probably looking for attention and trying to instigate a verbal war on Nairaland. Well done

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 8:17am On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Because we believe they're not worshiping our God. If anyone is worshiping our God he or she must be one of us.
That's what made the Jews in the first century criticized Jesus he said only his group will gain everlasting life that all Jews had been praying for! John 14:6
So now answer me are all these numerous sects practicing what Jesus taught when they're not united as ONE body? smiley

You are not different from everyone criticizing each other. Those criticizing you also believe you are not worshiping God. So you all keep criticizing and accusing others of doing
exactly what you are doing. It's so funny. The hypocrisy.
Many churches believe that only their group with gain eternal life so you all are the same.

I love your last question but you forget that you are one of the numerous sect that are not united as one so clearly, you are not practicing what Jesus taught.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:27am On Jan 23, 2023
Exactly what i expect you to say! cheesy

But do you notice that members of these rival sects do pray together?
It's like worshipers of different idols like ògún, ṣàngó, ọbàtálá, ọ̀ṣẹ̀rẹ̀màgbò, èṣù, ọ̀ṣun, ọya and many others whose doctrines contradicts but when it comes to prayers they all pray together yet each God has its do and donts that conflicts the other.

JWs will never ever pray with anyone unless you're one of us, if you're not OK with the terms and conditions set by our God we can't pray with you {John 17:8-9} because our God will get angry at such stupid yoking! 2 Corinthians 6:14 compare to Jeremiah 14:11 & Proverbs 28:9

tctrills:

You are not different from everyone criticizing each other. Those criticizing you also believe you are not worshiping God. So you all keep criticizing and accusing others of doing
exactly what you are doing. It's so funny. The hypocrisy.
Many churches believe that only their group with gain eternal life so you all are the same.

I love your last question but you forget that you are one of the numerous sect that are not united as one so clearly, you are not practicing what Jesus taught.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 8:50am On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Exactly what i expect you to say! cheesy

But do you notice that members of these rival sects do pray together?
It's like worshipers of different idols like ògún, ṣàngó, ọbàtálá, ọ̀ṣẹ̀rẹ̀màgbò, èṣù, ọ̀ṣun, ọya and many others whose doctrines contradicts but when it comes to prayers they all pray together yet each God has its do and donts that conflicts the other.

JWs will never ever pray with anyone unless you're one of us, if you're not OK with the terms and conditions set by our God we can't pray with you {John 17:8-9} because our God will get angry at such stupid yoking! 2 Corinthians 6:14 compare to Jeremiah 14:11 & Proverbs 28:9

So you are boasting in your disunity yet questioning or condemning others who are even more united than you. You are even more hypocritic than I thought. At least others are better.

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:58am On Jan 23, 2023
Worshipers of the true God are never divided in their line of thought regarding sacred service to our God. So whenever you find sects having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet praying together then know that they're not praying to the God of the Bible but to Satan the god of confusion! wink

tctrills:

So you are boasting in your disunity yet questioning or condemning others who are even more united than you. You are even more hypocritic than I thought. At least others are better.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 9:01am On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Worshipers of the true God are never divided in their line of thought regarding sacred service to our God. So whenever you find sects having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet praying together then know that they're not praying to the God of the Bible but to Satan the god of confusion! wink

Yes but everyone claim to be worshipers of the true God.
Again, no sect has conflicting doctrines.
The Catholics don't, the Adventist don't, the Latter days don't. The presbyterian don't so you are not making any point here.
You keep talking of confusion yet you don't agree with others. How are you not a part of this confusion.

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 9:04am On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You need to understand that the point you are making is hypocritical.
When a Catholic does not agree with a Methodist, it's bad but when a JW does not agree with the same Methodist, it's a good thing. How does that even make sense?

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:07am On Jan 23, 2023
Among Catholics has their own doctrines.
Adventists has theirs, Latter days have theirs, Presbyterian has theirs yet when members of these different sects meet they pray together.

Please since you've confirmed that they're not worshiping the same God, to which of the Gods are they praying? smiley

tctrills:

Yes but everyone claim to be worshipers of the true God.
Again, no sect has conflicting doctrines.
The Catholics don't, the Adventist don't, the Latter days don't. The presbyterian don't so you are not making any point here.
You keep talking of confusion yet you don't agree with others. How are you not a part of this confusion.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13am On Jan 23, 2023
If you say your father something and another person claim his own father disagree with what your father said does it make sense if the both of you now decides to petition one of the fathers knowing fully well that he will not be happy with the child of another person who takes his words as nonsense?

If truthfully Catholics and Methodists disagree on what God said should members of this different groups meet as one for prayer? Proverbs 28:9; Jeremiah 11:14; 14:11; John 17:8-9

tctrills:

You need to understand that the point you are making is hypocritical.
When a Catholic does not agree with a Methodist, it's bad but when a JW does not agree with the same Methodist, it's a good thing. How does that even make sense?
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 9:23am On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
If you say your father something and another person claim his own father disagree with what your father said does it make sense if the both of you now decides to petition one of the fathers knowing fully well that he will not be happy with the child of another person who takes his words as nonsense?

If truthfully Catholics and Methodists disagree on what God said should members of this different groups meet as one for prayer? Proverbs 28:9; Jeremiah 11:14; 14:11; John 17:8-9

Yes, even people who disagree should unite for common good.
Again, someone who refuses to even find any common ground should not be preaching unity to those who are better than him

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 9:25am On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Adventists has theirs, Latter days have theirs, Presbyterian has theirs yet when members of these different sects meet they pray together.

Please since you've confirmed that they're not worshiping the same God, to which of the Gods are they praying? smiley

What are you talking about? You say I confirmed that they are not worshiping the same God? How? When?
I only confirmed that they unlike you don't allow there disagreement to tear them apart.

3 Likes

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by achorladey: 10:59am On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So you are a Christian grin grin grin grin that same name you stated God in your arrogance and self aggrandizement cursed and bastardized in order for God to give you new name Jehovah’s witnesses grin grin grin grin

So i'm not a Christian if i don't have a body of worshipers with whom i should join to practice what Jesus commissioned! Matthew 28:19-20

1 Corinthians 1:2..... from your darling Bible translation....

to the congregation of God that is in Corinth, to YOU who have been sanctifie in union with Christ Jesus, called to be holy ones, together with all who everywhere are calling upon the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

This is the simple reason others don't go about looking for better performing performance group and calling others false Christians simply because they are not part of your religious organization or denomination as it were.

Emphasis on

with all who everywhere are calling upon the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours

Apply your intelligence here. grin

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by achorladey: 11:01am On Jan 23, 2023
tctrills:

What are you talking about? You say I confirmed that they are not worshiping the same God? How? When?
I only confirmed that they unlike you don't allow there disagreement to tear them apart.

Na style to manipulate your words into advancing his agenda of better performing performance group.

Despite the tendency to always want to look different they share the same characteristics like every other Christian denomination out there.

1 Like

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
Please are you saying they're worshiping the same God yet contradicting themselves over doctrines and teachings? undecided

tctrills:

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by Aemmyjah(m): 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Please are you saying they're worshiping the same God yet contradicting themselves over doctrines and teachings? undecided

Why not ask him who both groups pray to?
Since prayer is a form of worship,we will know the god they worship
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2023
I think that should be the best question! smiley

Aemmyjah:

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What are you saying, I am saying that you are equally as disunited as the groups you preach unity to.

2 Likes

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2023
achorladey:

Na style to manipulate your words into advancing his agenda of better performing performance group.

Despite the tendency to always want to look different they share the same characteristics like every other Christian denomination out there.
We know him well na

2 Likes

Re: 144000, Who Are They? by achorladey: 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2023
Aemmyjah:

When you call on the name of Jesus Christ, are you calling on the Father and giving glory to the Father too?
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

please do you want to point to my very words where I confirmed that they're not worshiping the same God?
I feel you are trying to be manipulative but I hope I am mistaking. Please just point out my words where I spoke about people worshiping the same or different God's
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by achorladey: 4:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
tctrills:
What are you saying, I am saying that you are equally as disunited as the groups you preach unity to.

As simple as the above is they cannot comprehend. The one who called himself MaxInDHouse was saying the other day he attended Jehovah’s witnesses church and at the same time trying to tell us he is not a churchgoer like those he use to denigrate and berate with the word "churchgoers" grin grin
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by Image123(m): 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2023
Sand2022:

The research I have done on this subject produced me with different understanding as to whom this group refers to. This post is not to mock any differing view, since the bible didn't explicitly provide the answer as to who this group is, one doesn't need to be dogmatic on this issue.

scholars are divided as to the identity of this group. Some say it literally refers to the Jews while others say it refers to all genuine christians. Deeper Life sees this group as referring to Israelites at the time of the end.

Jehovah's witnesses think the group literally are those going to heaven. They feel that the number started to be gathered from first century and would continue to the end of this world.

There is a good reason to see this 144000 as referring to all true christians at the time of the end.

First, the timing of the event.

Rev 7:3
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the sunrise, having a seal of the living God; and he called with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,
3 saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we shall have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.

This shows that the event was still future, it will happen before the final destruction of this world. This shows that the 144000 will be available on earth close to the end of this age. So the understanding by JWs that the counting starts from the first century is wrong.

2. Execution of those not marked.

This will help us put a meaning to whom this 144000 refers to. At Rev 9:4, we read:

"And it was said unto them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree, but only such men as have not the seal of God on their foreheads."

Here shows that those to be spared are only those with the mark on their foreheads. This refers to the 144000 mentioned at Rev 7:3,4. This would mean that the 144000 are all true christians, because it would be unthinkable that only a literal 144000 would be spared from the wrath and the rest of the faithful christians punished.

My submission is that the 144000 evidently refers to all true christians during the period close to consummation of this age.

What are you asking again? Haven't Jwickedness already told you that it is their members or what do you want again you this people?
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2023
Common ground with who?
How do i find common ground when weapons are involved?
Ọmọ you don't know what common ground means, people who can't resolve to destroy all weapons and sit down to reason on how to do things without using weapons to kill one another haven't found a common ground o! cheesy

tctrills:

Yes, even people who disagree should unite for common good.
Again, someone who refuses to even find any common ground should not be preaching unity to those who are better than him
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2023
tctrills:
Among JWs there is LOVE JOY and PEACE that's why we will never ever raise weapons against anyone talkless raising weapons against our own brothers due to politics and racism.
This is what all your so called religions have failed to achieve yet you can't see it because you're a hypocrite hiding behind a finger! cheesy

tctrills:
please do you want to point to my very words where I confirmed that they're not worshiping the same God?
I feel you are trying to be manipulative but I hope I am mistaking. Please just point out my words where I spoke about people worshiping the same or different God's
Stay on one side and stop jumping from pillar to post. If they're all worshiping the same God then how come they can't form one body so that it's the same leaders like the first century Christian Congregation that will be overseeing them all? Act 2:42
But if you say they're not worshiping the same God then to who do members of different sects pray when they want to make supplications?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES believe that our own God totally differs from their God that's why we can do everything with them except sacred activities because our God won't accept it! wink
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Common ground with who?
How do i find common ground when weapons are involved?
Ọmọ you don't know what common ground means, people who can't resolve to destroy all weapons and sit down to reason on how to do things without using weapons to kill one another haven't found a common ground o! cheesy

You are all over the place. You criticize others for not being united but when the unite, you still criticize then. With you, there is no satisfying.
Thanks to the Christian the world has become safer and better than ever. Thanks to the effort and labour of other Christians, JW can now preach their doctrine in the civilized world without fear of their lives.
Christians have made your lives better and given your religion a chance to grow but you don't see all that. How has your religion impacted the world for good.
Jesus said, by their fruits we shall know them. The Christians you hate gave the world freedom of worship, freedom of speech, they ended slavery. They made your life very comfortable. They gave you a better world. The only thing you guys have to offer is criticism of people who have and are doing better then you.
The inferior religion is always going after the superior group.
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by tctrills: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Among JWs there is LOVE JOY and PEACE that's why we will never ever raise weapons against anyone talkless raising weapons against our own brothers due to politics and racism.
This is what all your so called religions have failed to achieve yet you can't see it because you're a hypocrite hiding behind a finger! cheesy

Stay on one side and stop jumping from pillar to post. If they're all worshiping the same God then how come they can't form one body so that it's the same leaders like the first century Christian Congregation that will be overseeing them all? Act 2:42
But if you say they're not worshiping the same God then to who do members of different sects pray when they want to make supplications?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES believe that our own God totally differs from their God that's why we can do everything with them except sacred activities because our God won't accept it! wink
If you see someone raping your wife what would you do. If you would attack the person then you are a vile hypocrite.
I need you to tell me that JW members don't react even when their wives are being raped.
Or maybe you would preach to your wife's rapist about the 144,000 in heaven grin
Re: 144000, Who Are They? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2023
YES!
They have made the world a better place with weapons everywhere so that Russians and Ukrainians are brotherly settling their disparity with weapons. Matthew 5:43-48; 26:52
Ọmọ the world is now a better place jàre! Isaiah 5:20 smiley

tctrills:

You are all over the place. You criticize others for not being united but when the unite, you still criticize then. With you, there is no satisfying.
Thanks to the Christian the world has become safer and better than ever. Thanks to the effort and labour of other Christians, JW can now preach their doctrine in the civilized world without fear of their lives.
Christians have made your lives better and given your religion a chance to grow but you don't see all that. How has your religion impacted the world for good.
Jesus said, by their fruits we shall know them. The Christians you hate gave the world freedom of worship, freedom of speech, they ended slavery. They made your life very comfortable. They gave you a better world. The only thing you guys have to offer is criticism of people who have and are doing better then you.
The inferior religion is always going after the superior group.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Therationa, Who Created You, God Or By Evolution. / 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness / Were Can I Download Free Hollywood Christian Movies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.