Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,216 members, 7,849,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86325 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Ekugbeh(m): 10:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
jaxxy:

That's how u marry a girl that has done absolutely nothing for u that turning u into her simp.

His mum raised a valid observation I was hoping he can counter it with by tell her about his gfs good and wifey qualities if at all she has any not thos crying he's doing. Seems he's not even in control of his relationship. maybe the gf controls him. undecided
I don't have your time please
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Jagermeister(m): 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ishilove:

Jaeger nwannem. Who is gamine?

Modified*

Googled it. I don't understand the context of your usage undecided

Ewee!!

Nne, Gamine was a prominent Nairalander back in the day…

There was a funeral tribute in her honor on the front page today!
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Ishilove: 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jagermeister:

Ewee!!

Nne, Gamine was a prominent Nairalander back in the day…

There was a funeral tribute in her honor on the front page today!
Yes, I just remembered her. She stopped commenting a long time ago so she just kinda faded out of my memory

A friend just sent me the tribute page now. Quite sad
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Kholiwe(f): 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
chccho:
How can u just insult someone's mother like that? Nawa ooo!!
But the idiot can insult me just like that right?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by obinnazy(m): 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

Your mom knows what you don't know.
Before Abraham died, he made sure Isaac married right
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Livingshadow: 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
I will not blame your mum for her stand on this. A girl you want to marry has to start revealing her laps to the world all in the name of fashion. What if after marriage she now decides to be dressing like this to the market, party , her place of work, don't you think it's tempting ? You may think it is a trivial thing but then don't forget that a lot of many marriages have hit the rock today because of so much of such " it's the normal trending stuff , no big deal " mentality.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Coralmum: 11:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
JealousCobra:

[code][/code]i

Hhmmmmmm.. You wan beat him !
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by IamtheTruth1(m): 11:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

No lady who is decent and modest will wear that tight abi short and go out. Only wild ladies... Free ladies.

Dem no dey tell person. Your Mom knows what she sees oh... before tmrw you will come here and create a thread telling us you just did DNA test on your supposed kids oh...

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by DrDunamis(m): 11:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

If the picture is the straw that broke the horses back then the challenge isn't from your fiance but your mum's perspective of the scriptures.
Get the both of them to sit down together and talk.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by CalabarPikin: 11:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Your girl had comot belle more than once......ask your mum to give you the main gist
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Bawofss(m): 11:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
That lady is not for you, go and get a decent lady to marry...

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by okrikaboi: 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
peepydelano:
Your mum is right , she doesn’t want you to bring whores into her home.
If he still stays with his mom he shouldn't get married. His mom can only advise not impose on a grown man. This is the age of weak men sha
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Clinghton: 11:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
Are you sure of the girl, maybe you should look deeper before thinking of marriage.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by OvaSabi1(f): 12:47am On Feb 09, 2023
If you’re a lady and you want to know if your relationship will lead to marriage, look at the mother of your boyfriend. Most men will tell you that you fit into what they like: beautiful, intelligent, etc. but at the end of the day they end up with women that are like their mothers. So:

If you are an extrovert and exposed, your relationship will have issues if his mother is an SU.

If you are a career lady and his mother has never worked in her life, you will have issues.

By the way, you should restrict some of your posts from some people. Even with my mother there are some of my posts that I don’t allow her see. Either because it may make her scared, confused, etc.

As a man you should also be proactive. You know the personality of your mother, you should have changed your girlfriend’s WhatsApp settings to exclude your mother. I wonder how that never occurred to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Jaycee07(m): 1:00am On Feb 09, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Your mother saw more than the bum short, she is only using it as an excuse. Listen to the advice of your mother, she can never go wrong on this one because she is of the same gender. It's true that the world is changing but a Nigerian girl that wears that bum short comfortably in public is likely a coded runsgirl. If she is not, a good offer hasn't come her way yet. If you think your mother is wrong, pay a private investigator to follow your girlfriend for just one week to prove her wrong.

Ops,
This guy above me makes a great point. Remember one thing: Your mom has your best interest at heart. She want you to have a happy home. While I don’t subscribe to what she said about bum short being from the devil, she’s a woman too and can see things you would never see or even imagine . I want you to setup an account on Facebook with some random name and picture , get a new phone number and invite your woman as a friend ( that is if she has a fb account).Engage her in a hot romantic/ sexual subject, request her phone number and her account number and promise to get her to a great vacation, you can actually ask someone she doesn’t know to credit the accounts if you have the means to, and see her reaction.
Everything happening to you now has happened to me( with regards to the choice of marriage mate). My friends saw thru my ex- wife things I never saw and would definitely not have seen, since I was preoccupied traveling from one country to the other making money.
That said, if you are still not convinced, hire a private investigator and allow time. Be fair to both parties( mom and wife to be)
Most importantly, I want you to pray for godly wisdom.
Ask for his direction. The Almighty God can reveal sublime things that no human can see to you.
And be grateful that you have a mom who truly cares about your wellbeing, and is determined to see your marriage a success.
All the best brother!!! Peace.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by frozen70(f): 1:04am On Feb 09, 2023
Zikonna:

Probably she never liked her, i think you need to invite her over to spend some time with you while your mum will observe her more

She could have a good character which your mum is yet to observe

She could have a bad attitude your mum will observe with in hours

Dressing to an extent can still describe who a person is

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by areee(m): 1:15am On Feb 09, 2023
Zikonna:

My friend, if you are convinced that she's d one then marry her.
I'm the only son of my parents, I was the only child for 17 years, my mum just like yours is a control freak. But I didn't give room for that, she never liked any girl I dated, but she always pushed her preferred girls to me. I didn't look their ways. I noticed that my mum like a particular lady, I'll distance myself from her.
Finally when I married about 15 years ago, my mom pretended like she like my choice, I knew her and told my wife to be careful relating things within our marriage to her for her benefits. Let me not deceive you, I'm enjoying my marriage and she always find fault with her. But as God will do it, we are always blessed and favoured by God, we are thousands of miles away from her wahala now.
Make your choice, own up to your mistake if it didn't work out. Our parents are not God, they should stop playing God. God have purpose for each and individual.
Follow your heart not your mom, she's human being not God. Be wary of your mum's emotional blackmail!!! These I have experienced

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by irokobest(m): 1:31am On Feb 09, 2023
Those laps in a whatsapp status Na coded advert.

When your eyes don clear, don't fail to tell us the concluding part of the story here in nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by sambankey: 1:34am On Feb 09, 2023
There is a new way to boost your Facebook likes.
https:///3HNunEG
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Berankis: 1:47am On Feb 09, 2023
Nigerian youth! Simple advice you can't offer without the curses, abuses and chastisements. No wonder we always run into problems in this country and we just blame the elders, forgetting we already taking after them.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by irokobest(m): 1:49am On Feb 09, 2023
"No lady who is decent and modest will wear that tight abi short and go out. Only wild ladies... Free ladies".

Nor be lie. But mama pikin didn't see anything wrong with a prospective girlfriend dressed in a supposed underwear in the public place.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by AutoRedux: 2:12am On Feb 09, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.

Oh your girl. Just dey play, dey play oo, just dey play🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Fashdeejay(m): 2:47am On Feb 09, 2023
As much as she is your mother and you love her and respect her you can be easily manipulated as you have stated she is also your spiritual mother... I dont know what that is but in the advent of spirituality there is Just one God and Christ is the only way... So who or what is a spiritual mother? Mothers tend to be overly protective and devide to choose their own idea of a partner not putting you into consideration.... Dont be bamboozled .... Do your deep findings and dont let what you call love blimd you so much you'd be oblivious of red flags....
Part of what makes you a man is ypur ability to make decisions that can either make or Mar you. Don't let your mother control your family before it even starts.

PS. Respect her, don't fear her, stand your ground d without being disrespectful.... It is your decision to make.... It will either be a blessing or a curse either way it will be your choice.... Also, find out the real reason you mom left your dad.... That would explain alot... Don't ask her, ask your dad.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Funflipper: 2:59am On Feb 09, 2023
Cutehector:
I see alot of Girls in favor of her..

But when she wants to marry their brother, these two faced ladies will prevent the lady from coming close to her brother.

Lol, you are right!!
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Joeyfizzo: 3:04am On Feb 09, 2023
Bro ur mum is not a serious person....go ahead and marry her if she's ur choice.....90% of Church girls wearing long gowns are the worse

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ekevwe(m): 5:04am On Feb 09, 2023
Zikonna:

a girl you didn't disvirgin, you should have 275 thought about her bro. Most girls of this generation are hook up professionals.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Cashio(m): 5:36am On Feb 09, 2023
[quote author=pedrozone15 post=120748143][/quote]a young lady putting on bum shorts is on no way relatable to lesbianism or whatever gay shit. Like I replied someone before, fashion trends change over time and most times it is difficult for the older ones to accept the fashion trends of the new era. I believe your mum or sisters put on trousers now nomatter how decent. Bet me, your mums mum would have condemned them putting on trousers because in their own time, trousers were an abomination for women. That is the same scenario here and that's the direction I am coming from.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Qtrpst4: 5:37am On Feb 09, 2023
Guy I don't know you but I do know one thing for sure, women knows women better that we know them. There is something about women especially the genuine christian ones (I don't know if that's what you call being religious as they are not the same) they have this instinct we men don't have. Forget about the sex or boobs or vibes she gives you, my question is,
do you think you will want to see your daughter dressed like this? Can you commit your life to someone like her? I don't know how old you are but I will really want you to set emotions aside and critically evaluate things for your self here, if I call this your girl and promise her money, can you in all honesty assure me she won't sleep with me? Those Brest you see will fall, weather you like it or not. I don't know her, but one thing I agree for sure is that a girl who could wear bum shot in the public might be a public property and not good enough to be called a wife.
Don't change public property to private one, it won't work oh. I will advice you to postpone that marriage indefinitely and watch her, pray that God should reveal things to you (if you believe God exist) you might see one or two red flags. Make sure you keep emotions aside
Zikonna:

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Qtrpst4: 5:39am On Feb 09, 2023
Can we also tell her to remove the bum short as that too is a trend abi you never see korra obidi before?
Cashio:
a young lady putting on bum shorts is on no way relatable to lesbianism or whatever gay shit. Like I replied someone before, fashion trends change over time and most times it is difficult for the older ones to accept the fashion trends of the new era. I believe your mum or sisters put on trousers now nomatter how decent. Bet me, your mums mum would have condemned them putting on trousers because in their own time, trousers were an abomination for women. That is the same scenario here and that's the direction I am coming from.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Cashio(m): 5:43am On Feb 09, 2023
Qtrpst4:
Can we also tell her to remove the bum short as that too is a trend abi you never see korra obidi before?
The next generation will definitely go that extreme. For now, this is our own reality. To you, do you think that lady's wear is enough for the guy not to marry her?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by SenecaTheYonger: 5:43am On Feb 09, 2023
Zikonna:

You know your mother was once a single girl right?

They know more than you do about women. Always listen to your mom about the women you want to marry. You mom wasn’t born a mother, she passed through stages to get there.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by thunderbabs: 5:44am On Feb 09, 2023
AkpaMgbor:

Deeper life or any church has got absolutely nothing to do with this. A woman who feels comfy wearing that without the consent of her partner (assuming she has one) is a RED FLAG anyday anytime. No red flag is too little or too big to overlook.

The partner never had issues with the bum short but his mom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Girls Are Bad Kissers / I Stormed His Wedding & Made Him Cry After He Broke My Heart / 'When You Marry A Fashion Designer': Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.