Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86114 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Jefferyhi86(m): 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Dat ur babe bresss ehh, after childbirth u no go like am again

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by qtguru(m): 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

Bro even men wear shorts cuz it's comfy, but maybe you should free the babe, and let your mom pick for you.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Karlifate: 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Exceed15:
U will begin to understand why they separated. I fear for your marriage.

Right!

Many of these separated women, use religiousity to cover up, so that you'll not notice their toxicity on time

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by thunderbabs: 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
All these deeper life and CAC mothers Sha grin

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by venabili: 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

Two people will never amount to much in life
1. The one who rejects his mom's counsel
2. The one who does whatever mom says.

You know your girl better, be cautious and more observant because of your mom's reservation but do not allow her old school, religio-cultural opinion be the only reason you break your relationship

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Haveyoueatentod: 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
peepydelano:
Your mum is right , she doesn’t want you to bring whores into her home.
she may be holier than your so called well dressed girls
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Divay22(f): 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by fabulous0156(m): 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

To be frank your mum is right ladies fink dey can just wear what dey like to dem dey don’t care what people say but people will surely address you with the way you dress

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Lyricalz01: 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

She dress like runs gal, if I see her in public I fit go ask her, babe how far o. tongue grin

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Jefferyhi86(m): 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Op b bold enough to answer this question before relationship advice
Evergreen12345:
your father abandoned you according to your mother have you tried your best as a man to hear his own part of story from people that knows the storyline or did you just believe that ur father left you guys just like that! secondly if ur mother is rejecting this girl which is ur choice of girl just because of this photo then you owe ur late father ab apology for believing the shit ur mother said to you about him .if care is notajen it might be NDI IMO STATE!

IF THAT GIRL US UR CHOICE GO AHEAD ABD MARRY HER BUT TRY AND DO MORE FINDINGS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED BTW UR FATHER AND UR MOM IT WILL HELP YOU SOMUCH IN LIFE ABD ALSO IN DECISION MAKING THANKS 🙏

RIP TO HIM!
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by basty: 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.

Advising a SIMP is terribly bad. I did something like that in 1989 and that separated myself and a cousin. What a life?.

An adage: A lost dog does not hear the whistle of the owner.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by chukwudiology(m): 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
Wow, ur fiance is Breastful, Don't worry bro ur girl is heavily endowed. Ur mom is just being an old woman, try to bring ur girl closer to her, she will get to love her. Then try to advice ur girl to stop posting pics of her wearing indecent clothes on whatsapp or other social media.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by opius: 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
O je sora e cool.. no well brought up girl will dress like this in the public. Listen to your mom please

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by chiefolododo(m): 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

hun

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by gassbee: 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

only loose and immoral ladies dress dat way in public.

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Omoapena(m): 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Your mother saw more than the bum short, she is only using it as an excuse. Listen to the advice of your mother, she can never go wrong on this one because she is of the same gender. It's true that the world is changing but a Nigerian girl that wears that bum short comfortably in public is likely a coded runsgirl. If she is not, a good offer hasn't come her way yet. If you think your mother is wrong, pay a private investigator to follow your girlfriend for just one week to prove her wrong.

At OP
If you need that private investigator, you can contact me if you're in lagos...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by fabulous0156(m): 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Haveyoueatentod:
she may be holier than your so called well dressed girls

Atleast let her always dress well what is wrong is wrong

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ovanda(m): 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
My guy, the truth is that you are not serious about marriage. I went through worse. I only started talking to my mom just this year after 4 long years. If she hadn't called me, guy its on for life. She refused to attend my traditional marriage, incited all my uncles and aunties against me, including my blood brothers. But I no send anybody. I did what i had to. If given another chance, I'd do the same over and over again. Like i said, you never serious!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by jahsharon: 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while . My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

So, your Fiancee dresses like a prostitute once in a while, how are we sure that she doesn't actually sell her body once in a while? Only prostitutes wear such nonsense in the public. You are a disgrace to your mother. May God continue to bless your mother, a scarce virtuous woman.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by GeneralPula: 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
My own life is not even hard. She can be wearing panties if she likes as long as she’s a virgin..

Listen to your mom OP. This lady you’re showing in particular, if we run titration on her, there’s no way we won’t find hookup elements in her system..

Do not waste your bride price. Get yourself a fresh fruits that’ll be dressing like something that want blessing in life, not all these girls that have lost it halfway..

14 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by wiseone28: 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
Fmghewzy:

Hahaaa wetin be this 😂😂
Wiseone28 . Na bullet be this naa. Dictate*
dictate rather..
Na auto correct use my previous comments

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by churro: 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
The questions are do YOU see anything wrong with it? Are you aware she dresses like that? Were you surprised to see that picture?
Answer these questions truthfully; then make a decision. Your mum has really tried; but in the issue of marriage, you may have to put your foot down, especially if the above are the only issues your fiancée have. All the best!

And if she finally agrees, please tell your fiancée to mark/select your mum's number from viewing her WhatsApp status. To avoid unnecessary monitorings and explanations.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Omoapena(m): 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Thank Goodness I wasn't raised by religious parents.

Anyways, the only advice I can give you is that you should follow your heart.

Marry who you love and not who your mother loves because you may end up being unhappy for the rest of your life in the name of making mama happy.

I'm sure your grandparents also warned her about your father, but she still chose to be with him.

She will be upset at first, but she'll eventually come around because she's your mother and she loves you, but if you want to break up with the love of your life because of mama, then the ball is in your court... Good luck.

And what advice will you give the lady that her mother in law to be doesn't like her, will you advice her to go into that home?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Khallicopyro: 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
You want to marry for yourself or for your mum?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Verysmart101: 6:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Your mother saw more than the bum short, she is only using it as an excuse. Listen to the advice of your mother, she can never go wrong on this one because she is of the same gender. It's true that the world is changing but a Nigerian girl that wears that bum short comfortably in public is likely a coded runsgirl. If she is not, a good offer hasn't come her way yet. If you think your mother is wrong, pay a private investigator to follow your girlfriend for just one week to prove her wrong.

Can u confidentiality agree that if a good offer comes to your sister or daughter that they would fall for it?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by olaeffect(m): 6:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Your girl did not only wear bumshort in public ooo, she snapped it and place it on her status ooo.

I don't know your girl, she may not be a bad person ooo.
But it takes more than not being a bad person to be a good wife to an only son.

What an elder is seeing today, may only manifest in 10yrs time.
I am talking from experience.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by BronzeMajik(f): 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

do yourself a favor and listen to your mom,my brother is facing shit in his marriage today because he allowed himself to be blinded by nonsense he's shedding premium tears as we speak hoping to end the marriage soon when mumsy was advising him my son don't go there, that lady is not for you, he said lie lie he must marry her by fire by force citing reasons like, she's supportive faithful and they're in love..
Do you know the so called supportive wife is no longer supportive, she's troublesome and bitter need I say the love is dead.. take it or leave it your mom can never be wrong don't think twice look elsewhere a word is enough for the wise..

12 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by jahsharon: 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nonexisting1:

In summary, the girl na Asewo Kobo kobo, that is, cheap Olosho. Say it as it is.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Oddfinder012: 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nia69:
So I'm guessing your mum expects her to put on those SU gown in public. undecided
Wat is wrong with an 'su' gown in public?
My babe wit her big baka and fresh laps can't try dis rubbish in public. Talk more of a wife to be. Make una de get sense o. We're Africans

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by franchasng: 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
You Nigerian youths will be online discussing nonsense topics while Tinubu and his criminal gang perfect their rigging plans and boom, Bala Blu Bulabo becomes una President and una come start another 8 years of pro max suffering....even to japa go hard cos countries are already closing immigration opportunities for black Africans, EU universities that offer free tuition for masters for Africans have started collecting huge tuition fee starting this January and una de here de drag bum shots angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by jahsharon: 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Na only you she use juju for, she no use juju for all of us. That girl na Asewo Koko Kobo.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by gommez: 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
That babe is way out of your class, you better look for someone u can marry n live happily in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Six Joints Where Teenage Sex Workers Woo Men With Charms In Delta Uncovered / The Way A Guy Stylishly Touched This Lady In Public Has Caused Online Argument / 20 Pre-Wedding Photos That Shut Down The Internet - LubeyNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.