Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,155 members, 7,849,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86313 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by freshkpomo(m): 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ishilove:
Different day, different stories.

This kain shokoto in a very public sef, na wa. When no be beach she dey. undecided

Our Nigerian society is not yet ripe for this kind of 'liberal' dressing. grin

OP, I can't tell you what to do. Use your tongue to count your teeth

Your ripe liberal society dey fight for Right to allow man put penis for another man yansh. Everything about the White man is always right Awon woke gang!!!
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by trendist: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

Omo! See boobby
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by budaatum: 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Cashio:
Your mother is simply not so civilized. And if anyone on this forum is calling that picture bad, then the person too is uncivilized. I personally bought those bum shorts for my woman, with waist beads, eye lashes and nails. These things make me see her as beautiful and she is the most sensible woman I have ever come across. One who doesn't put herself first unlike others I've met.
My mum or anyone can never detect for me the woman to marry because I am the one to live with that decision for the rest of my life and not anyone else.
As for the story of your father and mother, like someone already said, women will always paint the father as evil in cases of breakup even if they might be the bad ones in the story. A typical case is one am a witness to. You need to let go of any grudges and be at peace with your dad since he is no longer alive to tell his own side of the story.
Finally, you sound so soft as would someone who was trained by a woman. Every home needs a father figure and you should be one for your family.
It is never good to have any part missing in a home. Women bring the meekness while men bring the authority......I wish you the best in your choice, but let that choice not depend on what your mum thinks.

O Lord, when you finally decide to get off your worshipful backside and answer my prayers this is the sort of sense you must give me please. Amen.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Alaga2222(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.

Your girl abi our girl? Lol 😆

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by histemple: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

What exactly is she sampling and for who when in public alone?

But that your story about your father abandoning you and "died" later, you need to ask more questions. Some women are evil, mendacious and manipulative.

BTW, is this your woman not 33+?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Afolue(m): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2023
Dressing portrays character! grin. I support your mum for her decision. How disgusting it is seeing married woman carrying babies for that matter wearing mini-skirt in public. I have seen too many. In the name of wearing tight underneath. It crazy? You by yourself think of it as common sense, can your wife wear bump short just as she is doing?. You think she won’t do it when you’re married? It’s shameful. You can’t stop her. Whatever a woman does unmarried and find a suitor, she won’t stop. Mind you, it’s her way of life. Outrightly indecent. If I may ask, why don’t our Christian Ladies dress the way our Muslim Ladies dress? Why half naked! Na too much sense abi wetin.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by merits(m): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Can't you see? This lady laps don suffer doggy no be small.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Evergreen12345(f): 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
Karlifate:

You wanna open a can of worms

grin grin

you know common sense is not common as people think , your mother who couldn't stay in your father's roof is telling you who to marry common na something is wrong here she be good woman na she no fit stay with the man till the man's untimely death ! that's you shouldn't draf anything with that her mother first make him go ask questions first concerning his father and what separated them , then if that girl is his choice he should go ahead and marry her ! but make him ask questions About his late Father first ;

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Bahamas95(m): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
I respect my mum alot but I can't allow her dictate for me. She can only advice me and it's up to me to decide whether to take the advice or not, that doesn't mean I am disrespectful.

What she's putting on isn't bad, even my girlfriend that doesn't like revealing clothes wears bumshorts at home and in the street.....She always change to a better outfit when she wanna go out because she's the shy type.

Women wey dey wear buba and tie wrapper 24/7 fit still dey irresponsible.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Evergreen12345(f): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
od501:

Legend!!

we can't continue to be coating words na sometimes we say the bitter truth make the bitter suggestions and comment the better comment but na true a woman whom the husband left because of one or two is telling the son who to marry nawaoo!!!!! 🧠

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by chccho(m): 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kholiwe:

Your mother is an idiot.
How can u just insult someone's mother like that? Nawa ooo!!
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by PPIA: 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Omo! Pass her over let me smash too and then pass her to the next available nigga.

Her thick thighs are manageable cool
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by SlurUsername1: 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Wordsfrombimpe:
E don tey wey I comment on post

But what I will say is

I also dress sexy as well

In fact I go out without bra and pant it doesn't change the fact that am reserve and celibate

Your mum need to understand modesty is a thing of the inner heart not just outward appearances

Don't judge the book by the cover

Pray about it

Is either she don't like her from the beginning and just use this as an excuse to scatter the relationship

Ashawo, Shut up! You're proud of saying you're celibating when ur mates are keeping their virginity for their husbands.

Modesty is not a thing of inner nonsense or any gibberish you're tryna defend immoral dressing with. Infact Your appearance reveals the abundance of your heart.

You cannot be a runs girl and be dressing like a Nun and u can't be a Nun and be dressing like a runs gal.

Inner modesty of the heart kee u there, olosho

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by pedrozone15(m): 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
edungene7:
Your mum is over protective she feels yr girl might be into public service but u are the one to convince her that the world is about going naked as the latest trend in fashion and yr girl is only trying to catch up gud luck man

Wow!! Excellent delivery Sir. If he can catch and understand what you put up here and make necessary corrections, then he is wise.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by SlurUsername1: 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
pleasureosondu:
imagine o. And d op was cautioning a real nigga who stated same. Is the OP mad? Which normal mother inlaw will accept such? I won't have said much if it was just normal dating. And the idi.ot wants to pick a fight with his mother bcoz of a bit.ch. I for punch that op for face if to say I see am.

The OP is a mumu extraordinaire

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 10:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
You can dress decently and still be a
LovePeddler

A LovePeddler is not a definition of what you wear is the ability of lack of self control and lack of discipline

It's only in this part of the world we don't tell ourselves simple truth

Yamiriflathead:

Ashawo, Shut up! You're proud of saying you're celibating when ur mates are keeping their virginity for their husbands.

Modesty is not a thing of inner nonsense or any gibberish you're tryna defend immoral dressing with. Infact Your appearance reveals the abundance of your heart.

You cannot be a runs girl and be dressing like a Nun and u can't be a Nun and be dressing like a runs gal.

Inner modesty of the heart kee u there, olosho
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by EriMma1: 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
This one is a confirmed runs girl. No responsible and serious minded girl will wear this and post on her status where all her contacts can view it.

I know one here. This is how she dresses. She has a boyfriend too but does serious hookup. Marry her at your own peril. Since they are telling you but you don't want to hear.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by GoodCane: 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Oga something must be seriously wrong with you for neglecting your mom's Godly advice.

Your mom is trying to save you from bringing a whoree, harlot and a runz girl into her house and yet you still dey challenge her? Oga, go on your knees at once and thank your mom because God just used her for saving you from an impending storm.

Ogbeni, Are you mad? Do you need a prophet to tell you that girls who dress like that are into coded runz and hookups? Which your Mom knew very well and tried to save you?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Foodqueen(f): 10:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
Cropping her face indeed...

People that knows her will easily identify her.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ajakuai(m): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ordinarilly, men who listen to their mothers' advices and make conclusions from there are always weak men in the society talk more of a single mother whom doubles as your spiritual mother too. Op I tell you, you must be an indecisive man.

Your mum might be right here since she still see less of a man in you.

Use your head with your mum before you turn to domi before the society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by GoodCane: 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2023
EriMma1:
This one is a confirmed runs girl. No responsible and serious minded girl will wear this and post on her status where all her contacts can view it.

I know one here. This is how she dresses. She has a boyfriend too but does serious hookup. Marry her at your own peril. Since they are telling you but you don't want to hear.

The op is a Very foolish man.

Na the girl over used pussy still dey deceive am, e go soon clear for e eyes say na runs girl and hookup girl e wan Marry so. Girls who dress like this are all prostitutes, oloshos, runz girls and hookup girls

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by dochenaj: 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
A girl who posts such pictures in her status update is still advertising. She is still in the market.

It is one thing to wear such in public, and it is yet another thing to take a picture of it to upload on your whatsapp status.

If you understand the difference then you know the answer.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by GoodCane: 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Foolish simp!

They're trying to save you from a whoree and you still dey defend the hook up girl?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by GoodCane: 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
dochenaj:
A girl who posts such pictures in her status update is still advertising. She is still in the market.

It is one thing to wear such in public, and it is yet another thing to take a picture of it to upload on your whatsapp status.

If you understand the difference then you know the answer.

The op is a very foolish man. Advising him is a complete waste of time.

Go through his replies, you'll understand what I'm saying. The werey is even defending the hookup girl he calls his "girl" . SIMPs are terrible Homosapiens aswear
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by mechanics(m): 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hmmmm, look well, she's seeing what you can't see.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by pedrozone15(m): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
[quote author=Cashio post=120742114]Your mother is simply not so civilized. And if anyone on this forum is calling that picture bad, then the person too is uncivilized. I personally bought those bum shorts for my woman, with waist beads, eye lashes and nails....

Civilised brought lesbianism, civilised brought men who think they are women, civilised brought gayism etc . Now the world is confused, lots of divorce and all.... In the name of civilised.
The world is sick and in need of a saviour. But we have the ultimate saviour and HIS name is JESUS. I read up there where someone said she is looking sexy for you and I beg to ask how.
Were you with her when she dressed this way? As an adult I know she knows she will get more negative admiration, people who will be longing to have her( better still, sleep with her),
Do not cause your brother to sin.
It is a popular saying that men are moved by what they see.
My brother, out of love I want you to read Romans 14 vs 13 to 23.
GOD bless you.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by SlurUsername1: 10:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Wordsfrombimpe:
You can dress decently and still be a
LovePeddler

A LovePeddler is not a definition of what you wear is the ability of lack of self control and lack of discipline

It's only in this part of the world we don't tell ourselves simple truth

I'd rather date and marry a lady that dresses decently and isn't a love peddler. I won't compromise on my standards because the society has begun to normalize indescent dressing... if there are no virtuos, decently dressed women then I'd rather not marry.

These are the same women that call guys who Sag and carry dreadlocks irresponsible 'Boiz' that are not Ripe for marriage. But somehow they won't us to accept bum shot wearing hoes as wife materials

Btw can you wear that cloth to church on Sunday?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Ngenge(m): 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
A woman is the one that knows how good or bad another lady is by observing and associating with her. In my own opinion, DON'T marry that lady. You are the only son and its too risky for you to romance with the devil (marrying a lady that wears controversial outfits in public). It may be difficult to do but DON'T marry her
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by GoodCane: 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jennyclay:
You brought this insult upon yourself, so enjoy the insult my dear! Yeye boyfriend!!

You need to grow up, you're not a man. Why would you allow your mother dictate for you? .undecided.

Biko, answer my following questions:

Is your girlfriend disrespecting you? undecided

Is she wasteful or lazy? undecided

Is she cheating on you? undecided

Is she neglecting her duties as a wife to be? undecided

So why is you and your mother creating problem were there is none? undecided

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her dressing. Most times I dress like that to salon, market, restaurants, bank and malls.

Biko, don't allow your mother to use her hand to destroy the beautiful relationship you have your girlfriend oo!

His mother is a virtuous woman and equally wants his son to Marry a sane virtuous woman too.

She doesn't want her son to marry a prostitute, olosho, runz girl and a hookup girl who goes around dressing half naked to salon, market, restaurants, banks and malls, while looking for men that will pick her up for the night.

His mother is responsible woman and not a hookup girl like you. So next time you comment, try not to leave your senses behind.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 10:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
You haven't been to some church on the lagos island

Where they don't judge base on what you wear

It's also applicable to guys on dreads or guys who wear tattoos don't mean they are bad guys

It's a thing of mindset

Who are we to judge others even when you ain't perfect

No one is a saint but the fact remains don't judge the book by the cover

I rather not pretend but be authentic it doesn't change the fact am decent or reserve

Yamiriflathead:

I'd rather date and marry a lady that dresses decently and isn't a love peddler. I won't compromise on my standards because the society has begun to normalize indescent dressing... if there are no virtuos, decently dressed women then I'd rather not marry.

These are the same women that call guys who Sag and carry dreadlocks irresponsible 'Boiz' that are not Ripe for marriage. But somehow they won't us to accept bum shot wearing hoes as wife materials

Btw can you wear that cloth to church on Sunday?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Ishilove: 10:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jagermeister:

Ishi did you hear of gamine' passing?

Ruined my day!
Jaeger nwannem. Who is gamine?

Modified*

Googled it. I don't understand the context of your usage undecided
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Etosha: 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
Men of sense don't marry a wardrobe, they marry a woman of sense and every woman of sense always dress sensibly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Girls Are Bad Kissers / I Stormed His Wedding & Made Him Cry After He Broke My Heart / 'When You Marry A Fashion Designer': Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.