Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,175 members, 7,849,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:21 AM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86317 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by godofuck231: 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2023
You and your mama need deliverance

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ROK123: 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
Oga that thing she wore is meant for you alone at home, don't allow this western lifestyle to deceive you..ask her if she can wear same s outfit to church?
Do not follow multitude to commit sin in the name of "I want to belong".
Firstly, you need to understand that what she wore is not normal, do you know how many guys she might be tempting with that dressing? Sometimes we attract some bad boys to ourselves cos of these things.

Not like I'm supporting your mum, cos already she has seen her as a bad girl, which might not be so, I expected her to call her to order and see If she would change, your girl reaction should determine her stand!

I believe no one is entirely bad, just our background and growing up that differs.. unless your mum is seeing more than the bumshort undecided

But the truth of the matter is that you cannot agree with your mum cos you like your girls manner of dressing, maybe that's the reason you love her more.. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Hatrick01: 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.
listen to him man..

Dont be a simp
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Kenji7586(m): 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hmm hope say your mom know say you go don almost drill the oil well dry.

This is why when women deal with most men i don't pity them. Your mom dey judge her based on her dress sense don't worry go carry those Jehova witness them go show u Cameron dry pepper. Lemme park here and wait when u will come cry fowl play

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by museveni(m): 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
[b][/b]
Jennyclay:
You brought this insult upon yourself, so enjoy the insult my dear! Yeye boyfriend!!

You need to grow up, you're not a man. Why would you allow your mother dictate for you? .undecided.

Biko, answer my following questions:

Is your girlfriend disrespecting you? undecided

Is she wasteful or lazy? undecided

Is she cheating on you? undecided

Is she neglecting her duties as a wife to be? undecided

So why is you and your mother creating problem were there is none? undecided

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her dressing. Most times I dress like that to salon, market, restaurants, bank and malls.

Biko, don't allow your mother to use her hand to destroy the beautiful relationship you have your girlfriend oo!

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by UncleKoboko: 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.
Your mom is right

Only girls that are shameless and whΓ³res like
UmbrateethO4, Longpreek and vawulencepromax mothers that dresses like this.
Besides, IS SHE A VIRGIN?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by weslay: 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Greatlee54:
Obi is a boy

You're a MAID
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by UncleKoboko: 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.
Lol
See mumu Lover boy grin
Is she a virgin?

DO YOU KNOW HER TRUE BODYCOUNT?

DEY DER DEY PLAY grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Fatale: 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2023
See Castigation And Name Calling Filled With Hypocrisy

While You Stare Lustfully At Females Who Wear Such Clothes
As If Your Sisters Daughters Or Niece Are Not Guilty. In Fact They Are Whores Too.

Op, Please Apart From The Dressing I Think They Are Things Your Mom Is Not Saying. Please Make Her Open Up.

As For Your Girl, Moderation In Her Dressing Especially In Public Would Be Nice.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Hatrick01: 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Jennyclay:
You brought this insult upon yourself, so enjoy the insult my dear! Yeye boyfriend!!

You need to grow up, you're not a man. Why would you allow your mother dictate for you? .undecided.

Biko, answer my following questions:

Is your girlfriend disrespecting you? undecided

Is she wasteful or lazy? undecided

Is she cheating on you? undecided

Is she neglecting her duties as a wife to be? undecided

So why is you and your mother creating problem were there is none? undecided

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her dressing. Most times I dress like that to salon, market, restaurants, bank and malls.

Biko, don't allow your mother to use her hand to destroy the beautiful relationship you have your girlfriend oo!

ewu
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Bfly: 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
The person I'm seeing would not even mind a one night stand and many other girls outside.
So, marrying someone different would not even make much different cos they got it in their DNA. Entering marriage without this understanding would leave you unhappy most of the time. And this is one of the major problems men rushing into marriage have

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Tokyobanana2: 8:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Op this your babe is super hot damn... Well, should you decide to follow your mother's advice, drop her contact with me. As for my advice, damn!!!! Wife this babe, once you give birth to your first child and the child smiles at your mum, it's all over.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by UncleKoboko: 8:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Thank Goodness I wasn't raised by religious parents.

Anyways, the only advice I can give you is that you should follow your heart.

Marry who you love and not who your mother loves because you may end up being unhappy for the rest of your life in the name of making mama happy.

I'm sure your grandparents also warned her about your father, but she still chose to be with him.

She will be upset at first, but she'll eventually come around because she's your mother and she loves you, but if you want to break up with the love of your life because of mama, then the ball is in your court... Good luck.
Lol
And you think it was okay...?

Shame

Now look at yourself and your life, ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOURSELF?

WHAT IS YOUR BODYCOUNT? ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR BODYCOUNT?

WILL YOU WANT TO GIVE BIRTH TO A DAUGHTER LIKE YOURSELF?

WOULD YOU WANT YOUR SON TO END UP WITH A GIRL LIKE YOU?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Ayokequeen(m): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2023
I pity you guy. You will understand better when the lady finally becomes your housewife but it might be too late by then. May you not regret your decision thereafter. Many ahead of you have said the same thing "she's the woman I want to spent the rest of my life with" but does it always work out that way? This one I'm seeing is deeper than physical!

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Akeem7406: 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
All is well
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Exceed15: 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
Karlifate:

Right!

Many of these separated women, use religiousity to cover up, so that you'll not notice their toxicity on time

I agree with you bro. Do u observe most of these so called prophetess are not living with their husbands.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
It's a simple issue.

You said you are a religious person, same as your mother, so I will answer you in line with your beliefs

Is your fiancee genuinely born again?
If not, do you think she's ready to become a born again Christian?

If the answers to the above questions is "yes", then go ahead.

If the answers to the question is no, then it's a risk, because after marriage, your wife can successfully influence your life and make you leave Christ.

If you are a genuine born again, then go back and pray again, to get a confirmation if this lady will help you stand in Christ or if she will make you deviate. As for her dressing, I will not speak negatively about it, she's very young and will surely cover up as she gets older.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by fohlarp: 9:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Yes mum is rite by wot she saw,just tell d lady to remove d post,who is she posg 4 dn u,tell her not to wear such publcly agn,cos if ur mum was agst her on xter,manners based wld av said listen to ur mum shes doing all d dressg 4 u jst tell ur mum dt u are d one dt made her dress like dt cos u dnt complain but now u ve seen its wrong u admits lets see dr rxtn
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
I'm so much happy with myself and I wouldn't mind if my daughter wanted to be just like me and for my son to marry a person like me.

But like my parents, I'm going to allow my kids to have the freedom to choose who they want to be as long as they're respectful.

I'm very much thankful of the way my parents raised me.
UncleKoboko:

Lol
And you think it was okay...?

Shame

Now look at yourself and your life, ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOURSELF?

WHAT IS YOUR BODYCOUNT? ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR BODYCOUNT?

WILL YOU WANT TO GIVE BIRTH TO A DAUGHTER LIKE YOURSELF?

WOULD YOU WANT YOUR SON TO END UP WITH A GIRL LIKE YOU?

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Wordsfrombimpe(f): 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
E don tey wey I comment on post

But what I will say is

I also dress sexy as well

In fact I go out without bra and pant it doesn't change the fact that am reserve and celibate

Your mum need to understand modesty is a thing of the inner heart not just outward appearances

Don't judge the book by the cover

Pray about it

Is either she don't like her from the beginning and just use this as an excuse to scatter the relationship

Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by UncleKoboko: 9:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
I'm so much happy with myself and I wouldn't mind if my daughter wanted to be just like me and for my son to marry a person like me.

But like my parents, I'm going to allow my kids to have the freedom to choose who they want to be as long as they're respectful.

Lol
This is internet and you claim to be anything and continue to fool yourself grin

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2023
Okay..😊😊😊
UncleKoboko:

Lol
This is internet and you claim to be anything and continue to fool yourself grin
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Osanoghodua1: 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
Dresses like a call girl.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by John4B: 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
Young man, ur mum might be right oh. We are blacks. We hv cultures and traditions and wearing such dress to public view is not our culture nor tradition. Don't be a simp! Take ur time and think about what ur mum said and also do thorough studying on the lady as marriage is more than what u can see.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Sweetvie: 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hmmm... Elders are not always 100% right.
Like you now, who'll know you can't even make a decision for yourself, but in the future you're going to be forming elder for your children 🀧
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by ironheart(m): 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
atheistandproud:

A farm tool that cannot generate electricity for the roasted corn
🀣
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:

πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί I like you. Best reply to give that toxic cunt.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Hatrick01: 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2023
Op, show us her backside... We only judge bum short by backside...

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Sweetvie: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kenji7586:
Hmm hope say your mom know say you go don almost drill the oil well dry.

This is why when women deal with most men i don't pity them. Your mom dey judge her based on her dress sense don't worry go carry those Jehova witness them go show u Cameron dry pepper. Lemme park here and wait when u will come cry fowl play
E mind go dey πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Cashio(m): 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
MadarasBlade:

You're the daft one here.
I am not sir. The mum is old fashioned, same as my mum and definitely same as your own mum. To them, bum shorts are abominable, same way their own mothers would have frowned if they saw them wearing trousers in their own days. That's the simple truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nothing improper about the attire. My girlfriend and I had fun wearing shorts. Be strong but patient while dealing with your mother. She should check our character and values that what matters.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Cutehector(m): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
I see alot of Girls in favor of her..

But when she wants to marry their brother, these two faced ladies will prevent the lady from coming close to her brother.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Girls Are Bad Kissers / I Stormed His Wedding & Made Him Cry After He Broke My Heart / 'When You Marry A Fashion Designer': Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.