Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria (27560 Views)

Igala Language In Anambra State. / Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu / Why Hausa Language In Bbc, Voa, Germany Radio, China, France Anybody Know ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2007
Thanx
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by doyin13(m): 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2007
what do you think

he let it slide once he saw her picshur

I could smell his game all the way from Marbella
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2007
doyin, back off the guy, r u jealous?
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by romeo(m): 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2007
doyin13:

what do you think

he let it slide once he saw her picshur

I could smell his game all the way from Marbella

y yo te aseguro que tu olor se puede oler desde Malaga y no solo marbella, tonto de culo
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by strongarm1(m): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2007
TOH =HOT, you look really good. i aint tryna flatter here im just being honest. and i know you got this little "fight" with you know who under wraps i wont even try to butt-in anyhoo keep doing what ya do baby! you rock!!

your biggest fan!!
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by FufuKing1(m): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2007
romeo:

y yo te aseguro que tu olor se puede oler desde Malaga y no solo marbella, tonto de culo

Mira quien habla! Usted piensa que es lo unico que entiende espanol? Estas enganado mi amigo.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by romeo(m): 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2007
Fufu King:

Mira quien habla! Usted piensa que es lo unico que entiende espanol? Estas enganado mi amigo.

y para tu informacion se dice: mira quien habla, piensas que eres el unico que entiende español? no te engañes mi amigo

pues ya que entiendes español, seras el tonto de culo que me referia antes, por que lo que dije lo dije en español por que me daba la gana!! y si quieres te apuntas a mi clase de español, asi veremos quien engaña a quien
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by doyin13(m): 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2007
romeo:

Fufu King:

gbogbo yin ke ma bo. Emi le n bu

Ori yin o suwon
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by romeo(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2007
strong_arm:

TOH =HOT, you look really good. i aint trying to flatter here im just being honest. and i know you got this little "fight" with you know who under wraps i wont even try to butt-in anyhoo keep doing what ya do baby! you rock!!

your biggest fan!!

no doubt!! grin grin

strong_arm:

@gamine you a lady after my heart!!!! you definately game, you so cool grin I love SF and Mortal combat but Tekken i love the most, its all in the combos right? lol

strong_arm:

i love you TOH, you rock!! grin

strong_arm:

Thiefofhearts (TOH) no doubt im like madly in love with her persona, shes crazy!!! love you ma! wink

strong_arm:

I nominate this by Thiefofhearts(TOH)

TOH if you reading just want to let you know i love you .you is just too much, go ma! you do what you do. and if thats you in that pisho man you so gorgeous i envy your man so much. :-)
ya know TOH in reverser= HOT
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by lovemajek(f): 1:18am On Sep 06, 2007
okay then.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 2:27am On Sep 06, 2007
una too dey fall for woman easily. chei! see all of una dey make fool of urselves. grin
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by omoge(f): 2:37am On Sep 06, 2007
english class don become toasting joint fa, kai!!  grin
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by FufuKing1(m): 2:38am On Sep 06, 2007
romeo:

y para tu informacion se dice: mira quien habla, piensas que eres el unico que entiende español? no te engañes mi amigo

pues ya que entiendes español, seras el tonto de culo que me referia antes, por que lo que dije lo dije en español por que me daba la gana!! y si quieres te apuntas a mi clase de español, asi veremos quien engaña a quien

Usted no conoce la forma de usar usted Esta enganado no esta mal escrito. Pero, acepto que usted sabe hablar espanol mejor de que yo. Yo se hablar mas el portugues. wink
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:59am On Sep 06, 2007
Spanish is such an ugly language.  tongue

strong_arm is my fav poster. tongue
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 3:37am On Sep 06, 2007
not if u learn the language. it is muy caliente! grin
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by redsun(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2007
I feel sorry for the colonized mind in suspended animation,who just does not see the need for originality and it baffles me most when they live in the west and still blind to the reality of life,little wonder politicians and goverment officials that have lived and schooled abroad still go back home and be acting like morons, still in the game of backwardness despite their brain washed education,until we begin to see and chart the world in our own way,we will remain little above sub-human beings that we are today.I find it very very embarassing.It does not take speaking a foreign language to understand the mechanism of life,all it takes is common common sense which is not very common,when it comes to africans.Rise up and see need to make the children proud,people are peasants because they accept the king.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by doyin13(m): 11:52am On Sep 06, 2007
redsun you need to go into one of those London phone booths

call a catchy number and get laid for real grin
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2007
hello peoples!!! english no be my 1st language, neither is it my 2nd nor my third language, so sue me if i dey blast my pidgin anyhow and u no gbadun am, , gbabe, naija pidgin til i mud!!! my pikin sef must talk am.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2007
aloib, nice that you speaking it, but pls leave the kids out of this, let it be something of choice for them.
They must speak it?, i beg oh, cut that out
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by Bosdem(f): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2007
It's so sad, even some so called graduates cant express themselves in english, its so terrible, i wonder how they manage to graduate, since classes were in english, may God deliver us.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2007
$$Rhino:

aloib, nice that you speaking it, but please leave the kids out of this, let it be something of choice for them.
They must speak it?, i beg oh, cut that out
hahaha, wasmt really serious, but since i speak more than 4 local dialects, would be fun to let my kids know a few words from those languages, if u catch my drift,
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by Bosdem(f): 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2007
aloib, i know its not bad to speak pigin fof heaven sake, i dey wan waifi correct, but that one no mean say if e reach english, i go fall ote, never, which ever i dey, if am with my friend good, it's allowed, but 4 formal setting abeg o,
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2007
Ofcourse, it is nice for your kids to speak the native languages too, but i so much agree that kids needs head way with english, and we need to help them speak the right grammer, cos the prayer of every parents is for the kids to get to where we couldn't, and how would that be possible, if they cant communicate well.
Pidgin is fun, and till i kaput, i go dey yarn am, but me no go let my kids start with pidgin oh, na when dem don grow, dem fit dey com dey yarn pidgin. ( right thing first)
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2007
Bosdem, if you are made a MC for an occassion, wetin u go yarn for there?
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2007
u guys are taking it like as if the 1st language they would speak is pidgin, nahh, thats why philpppines is like this today, an average filipino cant converse well in english cos all they speak everyday is tagalog, i just meant they would at least knw some pidgin words,
like my dad, wen he found out that we werent speaking yoruba, he brought my great grand ma who doesnt speak english to live wid us, my mum had to learn to speak and understand yoruba and we kids also,

lol at formal gathering, duhhh!!, the thing is i dont even speak pidgin except wen i'm among nigerians which is like never, lol except online though,

i dunno ! but wid the way i was brought up, we are free to speak any language wid my parents, pidgin yoruba eng, etc, my dad made us read the english dictionary everyday and at least a column in a newspaper, in short, wat i'm saying is ill be very open wid my kids regarding any language but that wont of cos make them bad in english, even if i get married to a chinese and we live in china, english must be number one priority
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by Cade(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2007
Ladies (if there are any) and gentlemen,
Can we go back to the TOPIC? Or should I have written that in Pidgin? What would Seun say?
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by redsun(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2007
doyin13,i bet you have woman problem,typical.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by redsun(m): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2007
There is no inferiority complex more than adopting another's culture,name and language.It wipes away reality from the victims and they float in a limbo,as the catholics ascribe to still born babies.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2007
Cade:

Ladies (if there are any) and gentlemen,
Can we go back to the TOPIC? Or should I have written that in Pidgin? What would Seun say?

u are a fool, if there are any, hiss, over sabi go kill, fecking Arrow
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2007
why does redsun keep repeating the same thing like a damn broken record.

colonial this colonial that. Gosh shut up or make a new song.

All people are saying that it is SAD that a country where English is the official language, you have all these so called graduates that cant even write a simple sentence correctly. How can anyone that is NOT in denial not agree that it's a problem?

Put pidgin aside and discuss that dilemma.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2007
my English is perfect o, both oral and written. if you need any lessons, i can be of assistance for a small price grin
there, that's my own small way of helping you all out cheesy
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by romeo(m): 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2007
i am fed up with these people cheesy cheesy, English this, English that!! please please pleaseeeeeeee can somebody say something reasonable? English is just a language like Igbo language or Hausa

the system of education in Nigeria has failed all of us because i've seen graduates that can not defend what they actually went to the university for and they speak like if they grew up in London (even though they have never seen Nigeria's immigration workers), terrible state of the system of education in Nigeria is my own topic please

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Why Alaafin Of Oyo And Aare Ona Kakanfo Can't Stay Together- Gani Adams / Ooni Of Ife & His Entourage At The Voice Of America Studios In Washington.Photos / Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.