Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,087 members, 7,859,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:58 PM

Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi (31333 Views)

The Tragedy Of The Abba Kyari Surrogate Presidency By Farooq Kperogi / Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by LordAdam16: 7:52am On Mar 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

Didn't you campaign and vote for Buhari in 2015? I am sure they sidelined you, the reason you moved to support the PDP in 2019 and Peter Obi in 2023.

Chameleon.

Be.remx and co are the natural automatons bereft of self-reflective, critical thinking. They are massively influenced by prevailing narratives.

They really did believe in the Buhari reformed democrat but effective General descriptor in 2015. When he failed as expected, they moved to the lesser evil in Atiku. In 2023, they were predictably swept away by the irrational Obidient euphoria.

They are the reason companies, politicians, and every public-facing entity invest so much in PR campaigns. They are the non-thinking drones you can rely on to lap up any well-crafted propaganda. The world is overflowing with like-minded mouth-breathers.

Any strategic attempt to improve our Fatherland must account for probable self-sabotage from these elements.

-Lord

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by FarahAideed: 7:53am On Mar 04, 2023
Well said ..if INEC repeats the election today , the out come will be the same

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Cajal(m): 7:53am On Mar 04, 2023
The guy don shift post now supporting Tinubu
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by hotseat: 7:53am On Mar 04, 2023
Farooq Kperogi is quite analytical in this write-up, no doubt.

The opposition parties failed to outstage the APC largely due to the irreconcilable differences among the bigwigs of the PDP which led Peter Obi to jump ship to the LP and Musa Rabiu Kwankwaso to the NNPP.

As though the haemorrhage done to the party wasn't enough, there came the rebel governors aka G5.

It was a classic case of a house divided against itself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Kayzooni12: 7:56am On Mar 04, 2023
Mr President sir, kindly fulfill your mandate
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Cajal(m): 7:56am On Mar 04, 2023
[quote author=Racoon post=121455808][/quote]
The present prime minister of the UK, where was he from?

The mayor of London...where was he from?
Elon musk...where was he born?

Is only uncivilized people that do claim they are more indigenous than other

Even you...
Your people might have migrated from Bujumbura

Know that we have early and late settlers ... that's life

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by reddingtonblack: 7:57am On Mar 04, 2023
Racoon:
"But the negative interpretation is that he doesn’t care about the integrity, character and honesty of who succeeds him.

That negative interpretation is my concern here, and it’s premised on Buhari’s support for the election of Bola Tinubu as Nigeria’s next president. It concerns me because I’m fully convinced that a Tinubu presidency would not only destabilise Nigeria internally, it would damage Nigeria globally, making it a big laughing stock, a butt of dark international jokes!

Truth is, next year’s presidential election will have huge long-term implications, its outcome will affect Nigeria for decades. Therefore, no patriotic Nigerian should sit on the fence; that patriotism is what underpins this intervention. To be sure, the presidential election should be as much about character as manifesto.

The presidency is too serious an office to be invested in someone with serious integrity deficit. Those ignoring character and integrity should remember the Turkish proverb: “When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn’t become a king. The palace becomes a circus.”

But here are questions for President Buhari: Is he aware of the damaging allegations swirling around Tinubu? Given what he knows, does he think Tinubu is a fit and proper person to be Nigeria’s president? Is he happy that Tinubu’s life, pedigree and backstory are veiled in secrecy or, as someone puts it, a “miasma of dubiety”?

In the US, every major presidential candidate is an open book. But not Tinubu. He arrogantly refuses to answer uncomfortable questions about his past. Instead, he uses surrogates: Festus Keyamo, Femi Fani-Kayode, Bayo Onanuga.

Who see him as their route to advancement and are blatantly lying to Nigerians, treating them as morons. Recently, they came full throttle with deliberate untruths about the drug allegations against Tinubu.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/tinubu-as-president-buhari-must-really-hate-nigeria/amp/

Asides trying to trigger people's emotional reasoning just like your principal you have no card

All those we voted initially we had so much hope and believe they will perform excellently well but they served us breakfast Maybe it is not a bad ideal if we try someone that Majority thinks will FAIL

from 2015 till now, seems the minority were alway right ! lets do things another way

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Olatara(f): 7:58am On Mar 04, 2023
olarent:
People accusing the writer because he supported Buhari in 2015 are wrong you,you can help me secure a job,but not your responsibility to do the job for me,that is the case of Buhari and him.But look inward of the message you we agree that is right on many point,I we name it as follows,
1.campaign based on religion
2.PDP home divided into four(4)
3.forming saint like Buhari did.
For those of us that work in a formal setting,some we agree with me that is better to have a non religious personality as ur boss or subordinates than to have religious personality your life we be frustrated.
My submission.
Religious boss! They make your life a living hell. When my aunt has a boss like that in her place of work(An oil company oh) every 1st Friday of the month, you must show yourself at the redemption camp or else OYO is your case.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by JohnBullMySon: 8:00am On Mar 04, 2023
Houseontherock1:

This part is soooo true!

I told a colleague of mine the exact same thing and he was shocked with me.

What is happening in parts of the south is just a repeat of what occurred in the north in 2011.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by 0monnak0da: 8:00am On Mar 04, 2023
Aufbauh:

Truly the one whom the gods want to destroy,they first make him crazy if not why are the oppositions just waking up to this realization after their defeat?

I remember when we used to tell them this underlying fact before the election, but ignorantly and arrogantly they'll wave it aside like blindfolds heading for the fall.

With certain signs and events i came to the conclusion that Asiwaju's victory is ordained by God.
This God that you talk.about? Is there anything he didn't ordain?
On average a person farts 10 times daily
All ordained by God,the sound,smell are specially formulated by God

It is possible to discuss politics without bringing God into it

Leave God alone he needs to get busy ordaining my next fart
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by JohnBullMySon: 8:00am On Mar 04, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Are Christians and Muslims the only religion in Nigeria?

I'm so happy politics of Religion has come to an end with the emergence of Tinubu.

It's a non-factor
I think it got worse though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Putindbutt: 8:00am On Mar 04, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

My brother, don't worry yourself. The economy is on the brink of collapse. Let them keep praising someone stealing power. With rigging, thuggery, intimidation. The economy is a good indicator of good governance.

All this Tinubu is President should chill while we watch the economy indicator like wall clock.
Conduct the election one million times, Obi will lose SW and North a million times. Obi can never be President and he knows it too.
With Jagaban at the helm, Nigeria is taking back her place as the giant of Africa

6 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 04, 2023
Farooq at his best as usual. You enjoy reading him, even when you disagree with him

But this gem caught my eye...

So, in more ways than one, Obi and Buhari are the products of the same politics of religious identity.

Obi and Buhari also share the same qualities of self-righteousness, pretense to austerity, populism, hyperbolized or fictive past “achievements,” and weaponization of mass anger against the Establishment that they are, in reality, a part of.

Eggsactly. And Obi is now where Buhari was in 2011. Let's see if he can learn what Buhari learned by 2014, and APC is in hot pepper soup come 2027.

I was personally indifferent to, and invested no emotions in, the outcome of last Saturday’s election because it was as predictable as tomorrow’s date. The PDP that faced off APC in 2019 was fractured into four feuding, mutually annihilating factions to fight APC in 2023, which has remained more or less unchanged. What could go wrong with that?

Indeed, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG! ?

The opposition falied Nigerians, infact they even made us Nigerians feel useless. It is clear from the elections that MOST NIGERIANS VOTED AGAINST APC...but with 4 factions, 3 parties....dang.

Farooq stating the effing obvious again.

Since outgoing president Muhammadu Buhari, a Muslim, has ruled for eight years, if Tinubu rules for another eight years, it means Nigerian Christians would be shut out of symbolic representation at the top of the presidency for 16 years at a stretch.

But it gets even worse. If/when power returns to the North (since Tinubu is from the South), it will most likely go to a northern Muslim, possibly for another eight years. That would be 24 unbroken years of Muslim domination of the Nigerian presidency.

Many people won’t admit this, which is fine, but it is the prospect of this reality that animates the passions and emotional investments of many Nigerian Christians in the outcome of the election, and why they have a hard time coming to terms with Tinubu’s win. But let’s face it: Christians have a valid and legitimate reason for their anxieties.

If the situation were reversed, Muslims would feel and act exactly the same way—perhaps worse because we have been habituated to dominating the presidency. Imagine for a moment that Olusegun Obasanjo handed over power to a northern Christian (say Theophilus Y. Danjuma) who chose an Ijaw Christian from Bayelsa as his running mate.

Yeah, very true.

But personally, I have reached a point as a Christian where I don't give a toss about the religion of whoever is ruling us. At the end, he has to perform or he or she would be thrown out.(After all Nigeria has been the same to me, Muslim or christian ruler. The same complaints under Obasanjo are the same thing under Buhari0

And yes, no one is going to islamize Nigeria. The Sudanese tried it in their country for nearly 4 decades, and not only did they lose, they lost 3/4 of their oil revenue to boot permanently (which hurt badly) ....though in fairness if Nimery had continued with his reconciliation policies of the 1970's, maybe...but no. Islamizing Nigeria is going to lead to never-ending crisis.....and a landlocked Muslim state in the North, that would be severely impoverished and unstable. (Yes, suddenly secession would become a reality, and there is nothing the North can do about it).

Any pragmatic Muslim leader knows that, and the elite know that. It pays to play nice to christians and non-muslims as a Muslim Nigerian leader. That;s why Buhari has not implemented Sharia. He knows it won't be to his benefit at all.(It is also why Sharia law was left to the states, and why ammending the constitution to make Sharia the law of the land is basically a complex thing...which requires two thirds of the National Assembly, and two thirds of the states. Not going to happen)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Karlifate: 8:02am On Mar 04, 2023
What a detailed report on Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku, Obi etc. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Karlifate: 8:03am On Mar 04, 2023
hotseat:

The opposition parties failed to outstage the APC largely due to the irreconcilable differences among the bigwigs of the PDP which led Peter Obi to jump ship to the LP and Musa Rabiu Kwankwaso to the NNPP.

As though the haemorrhage done to the party wasn't enough, there came the rebel governors aka G5.

💯

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 04, 2023
This man can write. He's an amazing writer.

The similarity between Obi and pre 2015 Buhari, is so true!

Two religious bigots, tribal poster boys with exaggerated achievements.

Obi will fail as a president same way Buhari failed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 04, 2023
hotseat:

Very true, Very very true. And Nigerians lost again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Karlifate: 8:04am On Mar 04, 2023
Olatara:
Religious boss! They make your life a living hell. When my aunt has a boss like that in her place of work(An oil company oh) every 1st Friday of the month, you must show yourself at the redemption camp or else OYO is your case.

😂😂
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by reddingtonblack: 8:04am On Mar 04, 2023
Halifaxguy:
Oga rest with all these your rubbish and biased write ups. Obi won the election and must reclaim his mandate.

mumu go and steal North mandate, lets see if you will survive it, you think north are like yorubas that delight in betraying themselves to please outsiders.

How Obi won without the North, we want to see it

7 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by stuffs2002: 8:05am On Mar 04, 2023
Faber:
The elegant, hardworking, soft spoken, intelligent gentleman in his Sixties named Peter Obi is the next President...APC should let us hear word. No be them told Peter Obi to go to court.

Now he is in court and they are running up and down disturbing us. I just tire

I have never seen a people as ST00PEED as IPOB.

Obi was not voted in Arewa and no court can generate voters for him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by sukkot: 8:07am On Mar 04, 2023
Aufbauh:

Truly the one whom the gods want to destroy,they first make him crazy if not why are the oppositions just waking up to this realization after their defeat?

I remember when we used to tell them this underlying fact before the election, but ignorantly and arrogantly they'll wave it aside like blindfolds heading for the fall.

With certain signs and events i came to the conclusion that Asiwaju's victory is ordained by God.
i wrote about it here
https://www.nairaland.com/7591463/ophiuchus-aka-jagaban-conquered-3

So we know these are all ancient archetype stories because there is nothing new under the sun. That which had been is that which shall be and so we have the three headed snake ( obi and Atiku and Kwankwaso ) who have taken over the land due to the fall of mankind and the world is in darkness and there is no light to be seen anywhere and it is the dark ages of sorts and it’s time for Luna entities to rule for as they say, when the night falls the monsters rule. And this 3 headed snake is unified in their purpose of dominance even from the time of their patriarchs which is why you would always find nnamdi azikiwe who would rather give power to the Fulani than hand it over to awolowo. This is why the general sentiment is that if obi does not win I would rather give it to Atiku than to have Tinubu presidency and this is because this three headed monster is unified in its purpose of ruling the night and keeping ophiuchus the snake handler out of power. This 3 headed snake monster can be traced back to ancient bloodlines of Ishmael and Esau. And they rule the night but when the dawn breaks Olodumare would split them into 3 and disunify and confuse their purpose. The tower of babble whose language was confused so that they could no longer work together towards a common goal but instead they are working against each other and destroying each other. And in this confused state the disjointed three headed monster started working against each other, Kwankwaso took pdp vote in Kano, obi took all pdp vote in SE and SS and so the head of the monster Atiku was weakened and ophiuchus the snake handler aka Tinubu took advantage of that weakness and coasted to victory to creAte a new golden age. However the disciples and angels of the 3 headed monster are not going to go down without a fight and so expect extreme turbulence this March. The Nigerian Armageddon. Many of the three headed monsters angels have to be killed because they are only programmed to obey the monster and would not submit to ophiuchus new world order. So expect to see a bloodbath in March. As we violently usher in the golden age emerging like the Phoenix out of the ashes of the Nigerian Armageddon

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 04, 2023
Viltron:
This man can write. He's an amazing writer.

The similarity between Obi and pre 2015 Buhari, is so true!

Two religious bigots, tribal poster boys with exaggerated achievements.

Obi will fail as a president same way Buhari failed

Most Nigerian leaders fail because the solutions to our problem...which IMF has been telling us for decades...involves heavy taxation, cutting subsides completely, and reducing government spending drastically, as well as civil service sizes.

Which are not popular because short term, people will suffer.

No joker is going to campaign with the above points , instead they will campaign on the basis of 'I will give the unemployed a stipend of N20000 montly and sell fuel at N40 per liter'.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by stuffs2002: 8:07am On Mar 04, 2023
RuddyFusion:
Mr Farok all you spurred up there against OBI is your opinion and you're entitled to it but we don't agree with you on that.......

That is why Obi or any other IGBO will never be president.

Learn from your mistakes. SE alone can not make an IGBO man win elections in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Joseph1505(m): 8:08am On Mar 04, 2023
S/Question 👉
What should you if you don't get a job after enrolling on an online skill?

R/Ans 👉
Freelance Agencies are best for the job.
Visit Vollna or XMS and you will be a happy Freelancer
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 04, 2023
reddingtonblack:

mumu go and steal North mandate, lets see if you will survive it, you think north are like yorubas that delight in betraying themselves to please outsiders.

How Obi won without the North, we want to see it

You can win without the far North (Obasanjo showed that in 2003, Yaradua and Gej did same in 07 and 11)...but even then, Obasanjo made sure he had at least a substantial percentage in votes in the North.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by stuffs2002: 8:09am On Mar 04, 2023
Halifaxguy:
Oga rest with all these your rubbish and biased write ups. Obi won the election and must reclaim his mandate.

Many of you don't even get it.

I am a Northerner and I deeply hope Igbos will not take his advice because I never want an IGBO man to be president in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by ppogba: 8:12am On Mar 04, 2023
Hopefully,this should be the last part of the articles you have been paid for.

From Tinubu cannot recite Surat fathia to the president that will send me out of Nigeria and now this.

Dear Farook, I feel your pain. Being unemployed is not a pleasant experience especially when it is
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by livinbygrace: 8:12am On Mar 04, 2023
This werey Go Dey abroad predicting what will happen in Nigeria.
As it stands you will remain in exile for another 16yrs
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 04, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
I told a colleague of mine the exact same thing and he was shocked with me.

What is happening in parts of the south is just a repeat of what occurred in the north in 2011.

Exactly.

Obi is where Buhari was at in 2011. The question is, can he do what Buhari did between 2012-14?

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Karlifate: 8:12am On Mar 04, 2023
Gerrard59:
The author campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015. I don't take such people to be either serious or intelligent.
🤣🤣🤣

A lot of people that jubilated when saint Buhari ascended the throne, are now crying & sees him as the devil's next of kin.

Nevertheless, he made great points. The same points I have preached here for donkey months. Peter Obi vs Tinubu, Tinubu would win before 12 noon on Sunday. Atiku vs Obi, Atiku would win by 6am on Sunday.

His supporters didn't understand Nigeria's history and believed Obi would win. Whereas a united PDP in 2019 could not achieve what a disunited PDP intended to achieve four years later.

Deluded monkeys!

These oppositions are as greedy as the incumbent. If they truly have the positive interests of Nigeria at heart, they'd have put their egos aside, brainstorm & defeat the APC.

Alas! All are one & the same.
Even the packaged saint.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by stuffs2002: 8:13am On Mar 04, 2023
dyera:
The same way muslim-muslim ticket succeeded in curbing insecurity in Kaduna state which is considered a mini Nigeria, that is also how it will succeed in Nigeria.

The next four years will be very interesting for christians in the southern part of Nigeria if Tinubu officially becomes the president.

Are you expecting Nnamdi Kanu or Simon Ekpa to stop Tinubu's swearing in?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria? / Throwback Picture Of Air Force Crew Members Killed In Helicopter Crash. / Unknown Gunmen Attack Ohaukwu Police Station In Ebonyi, Free Detainees (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.