Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,071 members, 7,859,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:39 PM

Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi (31330 Views)

The Tragedy Of The Abba Kyari Surrogate Presidency By Farooq Kperogi / Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Armanipounds: 8:15am On Mar 04, 2023
I actually thought this Kperogi guy has sense... Well, he sounds eloquently stupid to say the least. Any sane person knows who won the presidential election of February 25th, 2023. I used to think this Kperogi guy has to some extent lil bit of sense.... But alas how wrong am I? Quite sad.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Karlifate: 8:15am On Mar 04, 2023
Kobonaire4:

You can win without the far North (Obasanjo showed that in 2003, Yaradua and Gej did same in 07 and 11)...but even then, Obasanjo made sure he had at least a substantial percentage in votes in the North.

Those were possible because their houses were NOT divided by greed & self-righteousness.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 04, 2023
Karlifate:

Those were possible because their houses were NOT divided by greed & self-righteousness.

Very true.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by onuman: 8:19am On Mar 04, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2023/03/why-tinubus-win-stings-some-and-soothes.html

Farouq Kperogi identified the fact that 3 Muslim presidential candidates ran against 1 Christian presidential candidate.
As expected, and as it should be, the 3 Muslim candidates would share the votes of Nigeria's Muslims and the few non Muslims who would not vote for the 1 Christian candidate - under any circumstances.
So how then did each of the 2 Muslim candidates win more votes than the 1 Christian candidate? The only answer is that the election was heavily rigged by INEC in such a way that a Muslim candidate must succeed President Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by leovictor15(m): 8:21am On Mar 04, 2023
marlow1962:
Polithiefians will not suffer shit for anything we do, na me I u go suffer am.
So I will sit back, watch and laugh when they start complaining.
Those jubilating clearly shows the rate of illiteracy in this country. The level of stacked illiteracy (especially from the common man) is higher than the poverty level we have in this country.
Citizens jubilating for another 8 years of suffering, una nva see anything yet.

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Image123(m): 8:22am On Mar 04, 2023
Who continues to give this guy relevance? He's subtly changing tone abi?
BTW, no sane person wants a Christian president or Muslim president. What we want are good and just leaders, leaders with vision. The people who developed developed nations did not do it on the primary basis of religion. When a leader establishes functioning institutions and economy, working trains, electricity hospital, school and roads. i don't care if he is my church member or an herbalist. i care that he is competent. We will discuss his religion on the evangelism field, not on the ballot.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Simeonjoe1: 8:24am On Mar 04, 2023
Houseontherock1:

This part is soooo true!

Guy forget this faruq paroki guy is damn brilliant. One of my favorite writer, I always look forward to his articles.

I hope I can meet him in person one day

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 04, 2023
onuman:

Farouq Kperogi identified the fact that 3 Muslim presidential candidates ran against 1 Christian presidential candidate.
As expected, and as it should be, the 3 Muslim candidates would share the votes of Nigeria's Muslims and the few non Muslims who would not vote for the 1 Christian candidate - under any circumstances.
So how then did 2 Muslim candidates win more votes than the 1 Christian candidate? The only answer is that the election was heavily rigged by INEC in such a way that a Muslim candidate must succeed President Buhari.

You are interpreting the potential voting in a ridiculous way (my apologies for sounding so crass).

First, Nigerians don't usually vote across religion PER SE...otherwise Obasanjo would have had a more narrow win against Buhari in 2003, and GEJ would have had the same IN 2011. Also, there were muslims who voted for Obi (Nassarawa state which LP won, and which has a large Muslim population is instructive)

Second the two Muslim candidates are also the candidates of the major parties APC and PDP...which have something LP don't have...national spread, and members across all the country. And candidates at all levels who are expected to mobilise across the nation...

Third...LP did not have the national spread that PDP and APC has. Especially in the North and even South west. This is important. Poeple vote for what they know and see. Many local leaders in most local government areas are PDP or APC supporters. Even in areas where LP won the election , PDP and APC took the senate and house and came a close second. Because people vote for those they know...and religion may not come into it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by famology(m): 8:25am On Mar 04, 2023
Stings zombiediots
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by onuman: 8:25am On Mar 04, 2023
Racoon:
"But the negative interpretation is that he doesn’t care about the integrity, character and honesty of who succeeds him.

That negative interpretation is my concern here, and it’s premised on Buhari’s support for the election of Bola Tinubu as Nigeria’s next president. It concerns me because I’m fully convinced that a Tinubu presidency would not only destabilise Nigeria internally, it would damage Nigeria globally, making it a big laughing stock, a butt of dark international jokes!

Truth is, next year’s presidential election will have huge long-term implications, its outcome will affect Nigeria for decades. Therefore, no patriotic Nigerian should sit on the fence; that patriotism is what underpins this intervention. To be sure, the presidential election should be as much about character as manifesto.

The presidency is too serious an office to be invested in someone with serious integrity deficit. Those ignoring character and integrity should remember the Turkish proverb: “When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn’t become a king. The palace becomes a circus.”

But here are questions for President Buhari: Is he aware of the damaging allegations swirling around Tinubu? Given what he knows, does he think Tinubu is a fit and proper person to be Nigeria’s president? Is he happy that Tinubu’s life, pedigree and backstory are veiled in secrecy or, as someone puts it, a “miasma of dubiety”?

In the US, every major presidential candidate is an open book. But not Tinubu. He arrogantly refuses to answer uncomfortable questions about his past. Instead, he uses surrogates: Festus Keyamo, Femi Fani-Kayode, Bayo Onanuga.

Who see him as their route to advancement and are blatantly lying to Nigerians, treating them as morons. Recently, they came full throttle with deliberate untruths about the drug allegations against Tinubu.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/tinubu-as-president-buhari-must-really-hate-nigeria/amp/

Don't worry. We expect Farouq Kperogi to renounce his Nigerian citizenship if Bola Tinubu becomes president of Nigeria, as he promised earlier.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Judolisco(m): 8:26am On Mar 04, 2023
Exactly... Tinubu will rule for 8 yrs hand over to a northern Muslim who will also rule for 8 yrs and buhari is also a Muslim who ruled for 8 yrs... That's 24 yrs of Northern rule.... Dis country is likely to break up

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by wingmanIII: 8:27am On Mar 04, 2023
Asgard13:
When you tell them a vote for Obi is a vote for Tinubu.. they curse and abuse

When you tell them .. Atiku is the closest to anything igbo President they mock and sing the Yoruba song .. north cannot handover to north..

Forgetting a Muslim is about handing over to a Muslim.. what’s the difference?

You tell Obi will come third and can’t win elections ., emotion rises and they will scream..

Now tell me .. when Igbos will be coming this close .. again or even Christian’s

Their calculations were so wrong .. you tell them to control narratives.. and not allow southwest media do that for southerners .. but no.. they believe in what’s impossible

Nigeria politics is all about alignments and interest.

See how Obasanjo out of his bitter hatred and selfish interest has craftily taken igbos back in national politics.. same easterners that were almost close to power .. Yoruba media taunt them and abuse them of serving out PDP for years without reward .. now I asked .. where’s their reward ?
Obasanjo will disappear back into the hood and still a national hero… and former president.. his kinsman is the President, his place is assured .. so nothing

East must learn to play the national politics and not politics of sentiments and emotions .. which most times .. southwest always take advantage of this naivety to claim political Sophisticators.. leading southern narratives..that always appear real.. but hidden behind an agenda that favors and work for them.

If Obi has remained in PDP.. or aligned with Pdp towards the later days of campaign.. nobody would have been going to court

If Obi has avoided church politics and focus more on national politics.. Muslims won’t have been emboldened like they will be in the next four years

For the fact that he’s going to court on his own.. even when offer a hand of alignment.. shows most of them are still to learn .. the reality of the process..

Wetin we know

We’re all in court .. just being hopeful.

But the sad reality remains fact..
Asiwaju is the President of Nigeria … Obidients in particular made him President.. not Apc or Muslims

Waoh! Wonderful! Nigeria will automatically become an eldorado for Muslims since they have power for 50 years!
Congratulations!!
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Ihedinuwa69(m): 8:28am On Mar 04, 2023
Rigged and win are two different things
Know when to use one appropriately

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Shattuck(m): 8:28am On Mar 04, 2023
Goodconcept78:
I love this election. It really exposed the Agenda of the Igbos very well.

We thank God that their plans failed woefully.

Next time you will learn how to play politics well...

Sai JAGABAN
the tweet image you posted below is quite insensitive as it defiles common sense so you expect the south east a south east state to vote for tinubu just to prove your so called definition of maturity, how does that make sense like I"lol just go to the polling unit to vote in the worst of all Candidate your to show political maturity.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Judolisco(m): 8:28am On Mar 04, 2023
Armanipounds:
I actually thought this Kperogi guy has sense... Well, he sounds eloquently stupid to say the least. Any sane person knows who won the presidential election of February 25th, 2023. I used to think this Kperogi guy has to some extent lil bit of sense.... But alas how wrong am I? Quite sad.
oga kperogi is spitting facts here....tinubu won d presidential election because d opposition was 2 divided......

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 04, 2023
Asgard13:

Asiwaju is the President of Nigeria … Obidients in particular made him President.. not Apc or Muslims

Not just Obidients...Wike, Kwankwaso, and G5.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by elonize(m): 8:30am On Mar 04, 2023
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Goodconcept78: 8:30am On Mar 04, 2023
Shattuck:
the tweet image you posted below is quite insensitive as it defiles common sense so you expect the south east a south east state to vote for tinubu just to prove your so called definition of maturity, how does that make sense like I"lol just go to the polling unit to vote in the worst of all Candidate your to show political maturity.

Read it slowly and digest it again. If this can't be done, then Igbos should forget about ever becoming the president of our great nation, Nigeria

No party that is built on ethnicity and religion can win presidential election in a multiple society like Nigeria.

Labour Party supporters are celebrating their victories in other parts of Nigeria. But no party won in the East. It is a closed region open to Igbos only.

The Igbos enjoy the openness and acceptance of other societies, but they close their society to outsiders.

To be accepted by others you have to accept them as well. It would have been good for the Igbos and the polity to see Atiku or Tinubu winning a state in the South East. It shows political maturity and sophistication.

The Igbos should learn from the North and Yorubas. Unless they accept others and build bridges,an Igbo man will not be voted president of Nigeria.

This is just the bitter truth, since the candidate will need other regions' votes to emerge president.

6 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by onuman: 8:33am On Mar 04, 2023
Asgard13:

When you tell them .. Atiku is the closest to anything igbo President they mock and sing the Yoruba song .. north cannot handover to north..

You tell Obi will come third and can’t win elections ., emotion rises and they will scream..

Now tell me .. when Igbos will be coming this close .. again or even Christian’s

Their calculations were so wrong .. you tell them to control narratives.. and not allow southwest media do that for southerners .. but no.. they believe in what’s impossible

See how Obasanjo out of his bitter hatred and selfish interest has craftily taken igbos back in national politics.. same easterners that were almost close to power .. Yoruba media taunt them and abuse them of serving out PDP for years without reward .. now I asked .. where’s their reward ?
Obasanjo will disappear back into the hood and still a national hero… and former president.. his kinsman is the President, his place is assured .. so nothing

East must learn to play the national politics and not politics of sentiments and emotions .. which most times .. southwest always take advantage of this naivety to claim political Sophisticators.. leading southern narratives..that always appear real.. but hidden behind an agenda that favors and work for them.

If Obi has remained in PDP.. or aligned with Pdp towards the later days of campaign.. nobody would have been going to court

If Obi has avoided church politics and focus more on national politics.. Muslims won’t have been emboldened like they will be in the next four years

For the fact that he’s going to court on his own.. even when offer a hand of alignment.. shows most of them are still to learn .. the reality of the process..

Wetin we know

When will you understand that if Bola Tinubu is sworn in as president of Nigeria, Hashim Shettima becomes the effective president of Nigeria, with Tinubu sleeping most of the time in Aso Rock villa?
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Goodconcept78: 8:33am On Mar 04, 2023
Shattuck:
Peter Obi, A bad Omen and a Visionless man with rattled voice like that of a female can never ever smell Aso Rock.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Darnell9(m): 8:34am On Mar 04, 2023
Rubbish
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by NoToPile: 8:34am On Mar 04, 2023
I like reading well written articles, I enjoyed reading this so refreshing. This guy is a good writer.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by IwujiYou: 8:36am On Mar 04, 2023
Mr Farook, can Peter who won states in the South West, North Central and South South be uncharitably clothed in the ethnic garb? Please let's quit holding jaundiced views in our writings.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by babajero(m): 8:37am On Mar 04, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2023/03/why-tinubus-win-stings-some-and-soothes.html
Why are you people afraid why not wait let him go to court and prove that the mandate given to him by Nigerians was stolen by inec and apc or not.
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by honor4me: 8:39am On Mar 04, 2023
What a perfect analysis of the political scenario. The man had captured the whole thing very well. What Obi needs to do is to find ways to join bridges. Imagine a scenario whereby Obi also become the President after TINUBU’s four year tenure! Only four years, yes. Most of us from other part of the country also want an ibo man to become the President of this country but the easterners must be ready to play the politics of inclusiveness.

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by 9japride(m): 8:40am On Mar 04, 2023
I didn't bother myself in reading this article. From what I have come to understand is that those who claim to be intelligent and smart usually use their cunning wisdom to deceive the masses. This northern man will happily vote he's brother or sister into power than someone from the south. Its like people don't really understand the north. They always oppose anything from the south especially if it's not related to their religion. It's quite unfortunate that we claim to be highly religious and peace loving but yet are the most hateful people who happily support irregularities because is one of their own. Using Iran and Isreal as a reference, they can't agree on anything till the world ends. Won't it be better the country is divided so that those who share similar culture and religion stays together? Remove the oil revenue from the equation of things and watch how everyone goes their separate place. Everyone should continue with their wickedness and religious superiority and hoping to rub shoulders with developed countries.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Karlifate: 8:42am On Mar 04, 2023
sukkot:
i wrote about it here
https://www.nairaland.com/7591463/ophiuchus-aka-jagaban-conquered-3

So we know these are all ancient archetype stories because there is nothing new under the sun. That which had been is that which shall be and so we have the three headed snake ( obi and Atiku and Kwankwaso ) who have taken over the land due to the fall of mankind and the world is in darkness and there is no light to be seen anywhere and it is the dark ages of sorts and it’s time for Luna entities to rule for as they say, when the night falls the monsters rule. And this 3 headed snake is unified in their purpose of dominance even from the time of their patriarchs which is why you would always find nnamdi azikiwe who would rather give power to the Fulani than hand it over to awolowo. This is why the general sentiment is that if obi does not win I would rather give it to Atiku than to have Tinubu presidency and this is because this three headed monster is unified in its purpose of ruling the night and keeping ophiuchus the snake handler out of power. This 3 headed snake monster can be traced back to ancient bloodlines of Ishmael and Esau. And they rule the night but when the dawn breaks Olodumare would split them into 3 and disunify and confuse their purpose. The tower of babble whose language was confused so that they could no longer work together towards a common goal but instead they are working against each other and destroying each other. And in this confused state the disjointed three headed monster started working against each other, Kwankwaso took pdp vote in Kano, obi took all pdp vote in SE and SS and so the head of the monster Atiku was weakened and ophiuchus the snake handler aka Tinubu took advantage of that weakness and coasted to victory to creAte a new golden age. However the disciples and angels of the 3 headed monster are not going to go down without a fight and so expect extreme turbulence this March. The Nigerian Armageddon. Many of the three headed monsters angels have to be killed because they are only programmed to obey the monster and would not submit to ophiuchus new world order. So expect to see a bloodbath in March. As we violently usher in the golden age emerging like the Phoenix out of the ashes of the Nigerian Armageddon

You must good at Astrology, Numerology, Palmistry and the likes...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by onuman: 8:43am On Mar 04, 2023
Kobonaire4:

You are interpreting the potential voting in a ridiculous way (my apologies for sounding so crass).

First, Nigerians don't usually vote across religion PER SE...otherwise Obasanjo would have had a more narrow win against Buhari in 2003, and GEJ would have had the same IN 2011. Also, there were muslims who voted for Obi (Nassarawa state which LP won, and which has a large Muslim population is instructive)

Second the two Muslim candidates are also the candidates of the major parties APC and PDP...which have something LP don't have...national spread, and members across all the country. And candidates at all levels who are expected to mobilise across the nation...

Third...LP did not have the national spread that PDP and APC has. Especially in the North and even South west. This is important. Poeple vote for what they know and see. Many local leaders in most local government areas are PDP or APC supporters. Even in areas where LP won the election , PDP and APC took the senate and house and came a close second. Because people vote for those they know...and religion may not come into it.

Your lengthy explanation makes no sense because you refused to acknowledge the fact that after APC adopted Muslim-Muslim ticket, the entire election campaign began to be on Muslim versus Christian presidential candidates.
You refuse to accept the fact that Nigeria is a country nearly equally divided between Muslims and Christians. So with the possibility looming for Islam dominating the affairs of Nigeria in another 16 years after the 8 years of President Buhari, why wouldn't Christians, and even moderate Muslims vote for the 1 Christians presidential candidate to avert any possibility for Islamists steering Nigeria to a worse calamity?

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by Shattuck(m): 8:43am On Mar 04, 2023
Asgard13:

Wetin we know

I know you are a pdp supporter but the people who shot themselves in the foot were the pdp leaders who out of greed decided to give atiku it's ticket. See obi ran as a vp to atiku in 2019 so he already had a presence there was a growing sentiment from the south for a southern president, apc's Muslim Muslim ticket also increased the call for a christian president now if the pdp were wise and have given obi it's ticket pdp would have been in power by now look at the impact a man without structure was able to make, if he had been paired with a powerful northern politician like maybe tambuwal he would have cleared the south and done well in the north the mood of the people should be taken into consideration always by political parties, I found it hard to believe that pdp would present atiku again even when the mood of the south who is your major base didn't even support a northern Fulani Muslim taking over from another northern Fulani Muslim, in politics while you may have your own ambition it is easier to align your ambition with the popular sentiment of the people, I"m from Edo state even before the primaries everyone was already open to an obi candidacy for the the
Pdp, but the pdp never took into consideration the mood and wishes of the masses they allowed individual greed and ambition devide their house, for me the man who made pdp lose was atiku and his greed which didn't align with the wishes of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by 9japride(m): 8:44am On Mar 04, 2023
Armanipounds:
[color=#006600][/color]

You need to study all these smart educated people, they all still exhibit their village attitude in all they do. Don't expect any morality from these men. The foundation is faulty.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by babajero(m): 8:45am On Mar 04, 2023
Asgard13:

Wetin we know

so what you mean is that Obi paid inec to rig in tinubu?
Re: Why Tinubu’s Win Stings Some And Soothes Others By Farooq Kperogi by sukkot: 8:47am On Mar 04, 2023
Karlifate:

You must good at Astrology, Numerology, Palmistry and the likes...
Yes Sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airlines: President Buhari Reacts As 157 Die In Plane Crash / Buhari Appointing Osinbajo As Coordinator Is An Impeachable Offence – Adegboruwa / Democracy Or Which System Of Government Is Practice In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.