Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State (51592 Views)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / CAN President, Oritsejafor, Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In S.Afr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 10:58am On Sep 16, 2011
Simple banter. I'm telling you guys, don't take this Ijo "rescuing Ndoki" seriously.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by exotik: 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2011
@ ow11,

i fail to understand that ur british line coz to my knowledge, the whole of nigeria fell to the british so i guess that includes yo ass that was kicked by the brits. and war is not only about "fighting", so whether you have fought so-called helicopter gunships or not, that does not mean jack. all u are doing is gragra.

war is all about tactics, strategy and planning. and the edos "chose" to remain neutral during the civil war until there was a sudden "takeover" of their territory and we all know how that ended --- today we have people who are still whining of how the binis massacred them during the same war which they initiated and the edos chose to remain neutral.

and oh, i don't understand why you are throwing the name of GEJ here and there as ur strength but you have forgotten that GEJ did not assume that position with only the support of his "tribe". and ironically, the same tribes that supported him and brought him to power are the tribes you are fighting from east to west. look at what boko haram is doing to nigeria gradually invading and terrorising down south with ur man as the c-in-c, why can't u go and take care of that? anyway i guess when GEJ loses the next election, all this shyte will be put to rest, abi? nonsense.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2011
Rescue Ndoki? LOL mchew. @ Chineyen, they are just jokers. Make dem go rescue Opobo and Bonny 1st. We are absorbing them. I tell u when the eventual breakup occurs they will have to give up many places like Opobo coz to me those places na Igbo land. I remember when we little we talked about Opobo town like as if it was another regular Igbo town like Asaba or Abakiliki. Who even remembered any Ijo remnant? A town founded by an Igbo man and inhabited by Igbos who absorbed the few landless Ijo inhabitants of the Island. Let them figure out what to do about Opobo before dreaming about Ndoki in the middle of Igbo land.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2011
Ibime and Ow11 can run their mouths freely as they would like to do because they have a lineage pointed to Igbo.

I remember telling them about Amakiri, thus Ama = Ikiri that eventually gave rise to Amachere courtesy of Ijo little mindedness. Also, Ama Onye Anabo gave rise to Amayenagbo. There were names such as Azumiri to Asimiri, Mbagamba to Bagamba, Ediabali, Edimiri and Odum. It is funny when confusionists write about Mein begetting Ugo and Opara. Mein is anglicized Merenini, a name prominent among Uratta people.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by buzcenter: 2:09pm On Sep 16, 2011
land fightz, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ow11(m): 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2011
@dede1 The revisionist. . . . what does Ama onye nabo mean in Igbo?

@ exotik , GEJ has the power and can do whatever he wants. Everyone follows the money trail grin Including those Bini land fighting people! We will shut them down. . .We have NOT lost a battle even to the Brits. cheesy

@ChinenyeN

Do you have a version on the origins of Nigerian tribes with respect to original dispersal of humans at the end of the last ice age?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by DunOla: 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2011
Ak47man, dont [b]mistook the non violence nature of Benins for cowardness. That is the usual thinking of you ibos. Anybody that is not violent in nature is a coward. Nonsensical ibo reasoning.[/b]

ya ENGLISH MADE MY DAY
seanet u sure say u no be alaba boy??
wtf  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
wat did u read in UI?  
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2011
Nobody here has the right to correct grammatical blunders, English isn't our language. I shouldn't be criticized or rubbished for being unable to speak it well, if I am, it only reaffirms the 'mental slavery' most of us suffer from.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by DunOla: 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
obo_man:

Nobody here has the right to correct grammatical blunders, English isn't our language. I shouldn't be criticized or rubbished for being unable to speak it well, if I am, it only reaffirms the 'mental slavery' most of us suffer from.  
why cant you type in your language? let the change begin from you? undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
ow11:

@ChinenyeN
Do you have a version on the origins of Nigerian tribes with respect to original dispersal of humans at the end of the last ice age?
I don't know anything about "Nigerian tribes". What I know is my Ngwa people's history and the traditions/history we have/share about/with surrounding groups.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ow11(m): 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2011
ChinenyeN:

I don't know anything about "Nigerian tribes". What I know is my Ngwa people's history and the traditions/history we have/share about/with surrounding groups.

That's fine. Where do you suspect the Ngwa came from? MiddleEast, Sudan or Rift Valley via DR Congo. I hate it that we have no serious archeological digs in Nigeria. Abi rain don wash everything throway?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by DunOla: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2011
ok hw many plots or acres of land are they fighting for?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by exotik: 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2011
@ow11

"We have NOT lost a battle even to the Brits."

lol, it is clear you are just talking for talking sake.

and oh, aren't the Ijaws who have never lost a battle still bytching and whining over what happened in odi?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2011
I sometimes hate our attitudes as Nigerians, Why should a man's intelligence be judged based on his ability to master 'English Language'? This language for goodness sake isn't ours. I hate our obsession with this colonial language we call English. Leave Seneate alone!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry   ,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2011
ow11:

That's fine. Where do you suspect the Ngwa came from? MiddleEast, Sudan or Rift Valley via DR Congo. I hate it that we have no serious archeological digs in Nigeria. Abi rain don wash everything throway?
I've actually got no opinion on that. For one, Ngwa has no traditions of any such migration, and secondly, to the best of my knowledge, not a single archaeological excavation has yet happened in Ngwa. So there's no way to archaeologically tie Ngwa to anywhere outside of the present location, unless through conjecture or presumption (i.e. because west Africans are thought to have descended from Sahara/Egypt/Sudan area, Ngwa would then be included in the assumption).

So, as far as I know, or as far as I'm concerned, we originated in the area.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ow11(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2011
exotik:

@ow11

"We have NOT lost a battle even to the Brits."

lol, it is clear you are just talking for talking sake.

and oh, aren't the Ijaws who have never lost a battle still bytching and whining over what happened in odi?

Ahh! Finally! You get it. .  . We should be crying on this thread about the stupidity of our kin. Instead we worry about heavily embellished histories and kill each other whilst others are building rockets, robotic arms and making vaccines.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Batubo(m): 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2011
After more than 50 years in a land,people should no longer be seen as migrants. The Ijaws of Edo have right just as obua,Ebocha and other clans in Rivers state who migrated from EDO have

The igbo people here claiming parts of Rivers state
the Ijaw nation=d. Eastern Delta
1. Nembe
2. Kalabari
3. Okrika
4. Ibani Bonny

e. Eastern Delta Fringe
1. Nkoro
2. Opobo

These are the Ijaw towns in Rivers state. If you doubt you can go kick rocks

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by DunOla: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2011
obo_man:

I sometimes hate our attitudes as Nigerians,  Why should a man's intelligence be judged based on his ability to master 'English Language'? This language for goodness sake isn't ours. I hate our obsession with this colonial language we call English. Leave Seneate alone!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry   ,   

can u please type in yoruba? angry angry
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2011
DunOla:

why cant you type in your language? let the change begin from you? undecided

You don't get the gist Dunola, it isn't about 'typing in my language or not typing in my language' that I'm talking about, its about our crazy obsession with another man's language. It's getting too much. Yes, he made a grammatical blunder, but you lots are stupid and daft for ridiculing him. I think if you a matured man, you should pay less attention to his blunder and concentrate instead on the point he is trying to make.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by PhysicsQED(m): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2011
Batubo:

After more than 50 years in a land,people should no longer be seen as migrants. The Ijaws of Edo have right just as obua,Ebocha and other clans in Rivers state who migrated from EDO have

Does this apply to Rivers state? I think that state has more indigene/settler issues than any other state.

Can I settle in the southern part of Rivers now and later declare myself to be land controlling royalty 50 years from now when I'm in my seventies? If that's not enough time, can my descendants at least do the same thing 90 years from now?

I need some of that nice coastal Ijaw real estate.  cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by DunOla: 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2011
i dont like english language, but we have a lot of language, so why shouldn't we learn and understand it well? undecided
are we not ummmm, colonial children? grin
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2011
Batubo:

After more than 50 years in a land,people should no longer be seen as migrants.
Sorry. It doesn't work that way.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by juman(m): 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2011
Thank God Ijaws are not neighbours to Tivs people, it would have been fire plus fire.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2011
@exotik,so u actually think it was the benin ppl that pushed the biafran soldiers back and massacrered armless market women in asaba.u are a bloody liar! Go and read the history of biafran nigerian war again.Dont forget that the arm struggle lasted for three years!
Biafra had no food,outside support and infact they had to make their own weapons to fight the nigerian forces for a striking three years!
Yes,we lost the struggle but at least we tried.
There was never in history where the ancient benin empire conquered an Igbo town. Because they knw who to phock with and who not to.
As for some of u dreaming abt ijo fighting the igbos.i laf in AROCHUKWU!!
The ABA boys alone will bring u endless pain,talkless of AROCHUKWU or the larger 40 million Igbos who still have the biafran spirit in them. Pant get size.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by honeric01(m): 3:26pm On Sep 16, 2011
^^^^

You wanna mess with the binis? even the women alone can do the business. we don't even need to blow up any pipes, ask the yorubas close to us.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by PhysicsQED(m): 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2011
NRI PRIEST:

@exotik,so u actually think it was the benin ppl that pushed the biafran soldiers back and massacrered armless market women in asaba.u are a bloody liar! Go and read the history of biafran nigerian war again.Dont forget that the arm struggle lasted for three years!
Biafra had no food,outside support and infact they had to make their own weapons to fight the nigerian forces for a striking three years!
Yes,we lost the struggle but at least we tried.
There was never in history where the ancient benin empire conquered an Igbo town. Because they knw who to phock with and who not to.
As for some of u dreaming abt ijo fighting the igbos.i laf in AROCHUKWU!!
The ABA boys alone will bring u endless pain,talkless of AROCHUKWU or the larger 40 million Igbos who still have the biafran spirit in them. Pant get size.

You didn't even get what he was referring to. Basic comprehension problems from a loudmouth like you. How many Benin people were even in the Nigerian army to be pushing anybody back? Olodo. . .
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by mitofag: 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2011
[size=18pt]ROFLMAO[/size]
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Arosa(m): 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2011
, meanwhile all the winch in the bini kingdom are having a meeting on this mater. the Ijaws have grown wings. It's that time again when the bini gods will wake up and start to feed, they are very hungry for ijaw blood. LOL. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by honeric01(m): 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2011
gelegele= true true
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2011
Batubo:

The igbo people here claiming parts of Rivers state
the Ijaw nation=d. Eastern Delta
1. Nembe
2. Kalabari
3. Okrika
4. Ibani Bonny

e. Eastern Delta Fringe
1. Nkoro
2. Opobo

These are the Ijaw towns in Rivers state. If you doubt you can go kick rocks

You need to revisit the source of your historical facts. It is wrong beyond human imagination. Bini, for intents and practical purposes, was a village empire. If all these self-arrogating fallacies of migration from Bini were remotely true, there should be nobody left in Bini except the Oba. I had the opportunity to visit the remnant walls of Bini Empire and I concluded everything about the empire was insanely exaggerated.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2011
Ijaw vs Bini . . . I dey laugh ooo!!! grin grin grin
Do they even know the difference between a Bini man and an Eastern Yoruba man??
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2011
ow11:

@dede1 The revisionist. . . . what does Ama onye nabo mean in Igbo?

@ exotik , GEJ has the power and can do whatever he wants. Everyone follows the money trail grin Including those Bini land fighting people! We will shut them down. . .We have NOT lost a battle even to the Brits. cheesy

@ChinenyeN

It is Onye isi, Ogaranya, Diokpa or Duru. If the Ijo chose to make Ama + Ikiri (the family compound and fearsome animal) or Ama Onye anabo the title of Igwe or Eze or Obong or Oba, I do not give a fig.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Officers Training In The Desert (Photos) / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola / Ramadan Preaching Session Organised By ISWAP Faction Of Boko Haram In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.