Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? (39147 Views)

My Cousins Wife Wants Me To Interfere Into Their Family Issues!!! / Nairalanders! I Caught My Late Uncle's Wife In The Act / How Do I Break A Blood Oath I Took With My Late Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Uten9z(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:
Pls something is really bothering my mind and I pray I will find good advice here.

But during my cousins lifetime, she was so good, cool and caring to my cousin and they never had any misunderstanding and they married for just 6 years here in Port Harcourt before he died and they never had a child due to infertility on the side of the cousin. i
Pls i need ur serious advise. She has fallen in love with me already.

I have two question for you.

1. Do you read bible , if u do can u recall were it's against you taking your brothers wife which is considered ias insex ( your brothers wife is your sister inlaw ) .? even though Moses say you can take your brothers wife to make progeny in his name and not marry.

2. how come he died of heart attacks if she cool, good and caring ?

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Lexxxyy: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Because she's been nice to you means she will accept your proposal undecided :- undecided or she's in love with you. Oga respect yourself.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by vislabraye(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:
Pls something is really bothering my mind and I pray I will find good advice here.

I reside in Port-Harcourt about 1 and half years ago Iost my cousin. He died of heart attack. After his death, his wife has been getting closer to me, always calling me and visiting me and am still single. I have had failed relationships in the past. I have been so unlucky with the kind of ladies I met. They are always violent and disrespectful which I dislike so much.

But during my cousins lifetime, she was so good, cool and caring to my cousin and they never had any misunderstanding and they married for just 6 years here in Port Harcourt before he died and they never had a child due to infertility on the side of the cousin. But now everyone like friends and family knows me and scared if I should make advances to her if they won't be saying things against me or should I just forget and look for another lady to marry.

If you have the courage and strength to handle the criticisms and all. It's not gonna be easy. May be you should ask the elders in your family. It's just that we don't live in obodo oyibo
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Charisma01: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

I reside in Port-Harcourt about 1 and half years ago Iost my cousin. He died of heart attack. After his death, his wife has been getting closer to me, always calling me and visiting me and am still single. I have had failed relationships in the past. I have been so unlucky with the kind of ladies I met. They are always violent and disrespectful which I dislike so much.

But during my cousins lifetime, she was so good, cool and caring to my cousin and they never had any misunderstanding and they married for just 6 years here in Port Harcourt before he died and they never had a child due to infertility on the side of the cousin. But now everyone like friends and family knows me and scared if I should make advances to her if they won't be saying things against me or should I just forget and look for another lady to marry.

Go and consult your family first, simple
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by gfelo(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
i dont want to comment before but i feel this will help you:

things you should know in marriage, women will be women it is after marriage you will know their real colour, it will be very good for you, if you must free your mind from guilt forget about her and find another women,dont fall for the temptation of affection she is showing you now, thats how women are when they are seeking for something.

but in all follow ur mind.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by KaptainAfrika: 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Yes. Does she have big bumbum or big brezz or both ?
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by mankan2k7(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
Talk true, how many times u don nack am your apako.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Dancebreaker: 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2023
Kingray10:
This guy don go find trouble
You leave vetting when you go vet her and consult your family if it's appropriate, you went to nairaland to consult people that are not even in a relationship for advice.
Here you go, them say na you kill the man...
grin grin grin grin
Kikikikikiki cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

The OP na clown o.

He get luck say na anonymous forum. Like now some mob go dey search for tyre and matches with scarce fuel. To avenge conniving with the wife to poison his cousin. grin cheesy

Most cultures have a protocol for keeping a widow in late husband's family, if the woman wishes to stay and there is a willing relative of the dead to marry her. In the past, this lady that has no no children would the much in demand by eligible male in-laws.

In many cultures, the person inheriting the wife will have to be junior in age to the late hubby.
But in modern times, I guess it has become rare.

OP should ask his parents/family elders to guide him.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by oonyeoma50: 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
Why going for your late cousins wife when there are many fishes in the River
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by afesco: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
NOTHING WRONG but pls do you due diligence in finding out properly about her thoroughly.
Being a widow is not a stigma
May God give you wisdom.
This is a very deep and intelligent response.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by zakkxx: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Once the husband is free u free to marry her but please go and do necessary test in the hospital for facility’s test because some women have destroyed their womb because of abortion that is y the child is not comming through. Also do test for your self. Check hiv, STDs and Hpv. After that go ahead but no just choke head.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Megabig: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
I think they should do more investigation on how your late cousin died.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by afesco: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Do you please!

Don’t give a Kentucky fried fvcks about what anybody thinks. Your happiness is the most important!

If you have genuine feelings for her, please go ahead.

Another intelligent response. E be like say na mature people na many pass for here today
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by blesdman(m): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

Go ahead. Best she is married within the family than outside. Traditionally accepted
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Chetas81(m): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
Sick Man Belongs to sick heart
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by longifilis(m): 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

Op!!
Did your cousin tells you he had problem with fertility?
How dare you used the term infertility when it comes to a male child?

🤔 🤔
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by dnawah(m): 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

make wetin kill ur late uncle no kill u o! Check very well.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by bonnyhope: 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

Search for your own woman
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by izubext007: 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
u killed ur cousin

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by blesdman(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
make talk no circulate say na you and the lady kill your late cousin o ,I don talk my own.
African wicked mindset.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by okoroemeka(m): 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Do you please!

Don’t give a Kentucky fried fvcks about what anybody thinks. Your happiness is the most important!

If you have genuine feelings for her, please go ahead.

exactly my thoughts,but my only concern is the infertility case,I think it will not be a bad idea to get her pregnant before any drama,prevention is better than cure and most importantly your happiness is your major concern not what people will say
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
okoroemeka:
exactly my thoughts,but my only concern is the infertility case,I think it will not be a bad idea to get her pregnant before any drama,prevention is better than cure and most importantly your happiness is your major concern not what people will say

You made a good point.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by peacettw: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
Innobee99:
Weird things are really happening in this life

Weird tales you mean
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Hadeylex: 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2023
If you love her, go for her. Never mind what people say! Most of those posting comments here lack the right experience.

One thing: discuss your decision with both your family and hers and let people know that you weren't even close when the late husband was alive to dismiss possible suspicion of foulplay.

The woman deserves to be happy and you too deserve the love of your love. Once your conscience is pure, you don't have any problem. Good luck!
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
So u killed ur cousin because u want to marry his wife correeecct??!
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by RillJ(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
You need to talk this over with your family first (your parents, relatives including that of the deceased cousin and elders) before you make any move of showing affection for her. In some climes, its courting death to do otherwise.

Thread carefully please.

Thank you.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by fof1: 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

Hope that, U will not Die of Heart Attack like ur Cousin? Do you really Know What Killed him Medically? Or She is d One Feeding You with Information! How did You confirm that, the infertility is caused by ur Cousin? Fools are Locked up in Love and Fantasies of Deceptions...Medically,Barrenness is 50 50 or 40 40 20...so that Woman can not Exonerate herself under the Disguise of Loving You now. You are already Chopping her since...so go Public and bear the Consequences...Good or Bad, Pls
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Wuless82(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

its seem you were eyeing her when ur cousin was alive. its an abomination in my area
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by LivingSage: 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nothing wrong in your move op

Make your advances and if she agrees, good for you both.

What people say should be of no concern to you. People will always talk
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by Perocom(m): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
EmptyGarden:
Well, since she’s the only woman left in the world… go right ahead. SMH! Na covetousness Dey worry you!

Lols, please easy on him. Scripturally, a partner is allowed to get married to another with the dead of the other partner, a brother could inherit the wife of his later brother if he so wishes, in some climes, it is a must, in order to retain the lineage of the later brother. The only problem i see here is public manipulation of the situation. Suspicion may hugely trail the development. Other than that, marrying the late cousin's wife is in perfect condition.
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by frozen70(f): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
saweide:

I think you have to find out by tradition if you guys can marry

If the investigation is positive then it's a good one

I will support you getting married to her, but before it becomes a rumor, go to her family to inform them about your intensions and you can do that behind her notice

So that if the family agrees then good you can start a relationship with her and when it becomes a thing of gossip her family will be aware already and don't delay to stay the marriage rights

I wish you guys good luck
Re: Can I Get Married To My Late Cousins Wife? by ugbarreta(m): 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
hmmmmmmm........nawao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Heartbroken People Reveal The Extreme Ways They Got Back On Cheating Exes (Pics) / These Online Girls Are Not Beautiful In Real Life, Nigerian Man Says / How To Know If Your Man Had Sex Before Coming Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.