Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village (21824 Views)

Should I Relocate My Family To My Base Or Not. / I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test (part 2) / I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by cassyrooy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
henrimoto:
...Never say die. Never give up on Aspirations and Expectations.

@cassyrooy. I had to re-read the bolded parts again and again and again. They are Life-line to a man of vision.

Do you mind to share one or two stories of the Above bolded parts ?
It's something one of old friends told me which made complete everything my mum had taught me."Go back to your roots". It never made sense but when I started hustling, each time I visited my hometown and I saw different successful people around and listened to what they do to succeed, I get fired on to try again and again, not necessarily in their field but in the fields that aligned with my passion.

When it became automatic, even my peers in school measured their academic brilliance against mine but I was not willing to measure mine against theirs because its not a true measure of my total Aspirations but just a path.

So, I go home from school (in Ibadan) to Imo State for holidays before going to Abuja and then returning to Ibadan for school. That way I declutter my mind of worries and understanding that I must measure up to successful people around me.

Even this last year, I resigned my job and closed my bis (side hustle) and relocated, it hasn't paid but I've been able to try out better life options and it's yielding results already.

In my case, I access networks available, up to my late father's Age Grade in my hometown and reflexively reflect on things before I return. All these things I can actually achieve without disturbances from anyone.

Also, last year, one man in his 60s told me that since he returned home from Onitsha, his mind has returned to normal and his perspective has changed towards life and he wouldn't go back.

There are a lot of people who happen to go back and don't want to return back to city.

If you notice someone like Kwankwaso, he feels energised whenever he undertakes any mission in Kano. It's in his DNA that why he could dislodge APC in both State and Federal levels in the state.

Home advantage favour some people, by giving them a sense of purpose more than when they're away from home.

J. Cole left NYC and moved back to North Carolina, Onana and Zambo Anguissa are currently playing football in the streets of Cameroon🇨🇲.
Osimehn is in Lagos, Samu Chukwueze is in Abia refueling their spirit.
It's internal and many more like these that needs to be said.

(Read Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do by Dr. Robert H. Schuller).

People must renew their minds or it gets burned out.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2023
momsloved:
https://www.nairaland.com/7735286/husband-wants-us-relocate-village#123920640

I'm sorry that I have to create this post. From my previous post, some people have adviced me to edit my post to indicate my state of residence Incase of an assistant, but I tried to edit, and I'm not giving the access maybe because it was pushed to front page. That's why I created this.
After much thought and advice, I have decided not to relocate to the village with my husband and it's not a violence situation.

This is not an act of disrespect either, but I want to be strong for my children. The only issue I have now, is how to secure a cheaper accommodation and I'm sure between now and new year, I will work harder to meet up with next rent.
Pls, should you have any way you can be of help, pls Help us.
I'm in Abuja. Thank you
@KOMBE, @valentineuwakwe, @eminikansoso

Can You Work Digitally Online To Make Passive Income for Yourself ?

Focus on Building A Digital Online Business.

Things will start slowly for your first few months, but surely - you'll be glad that you manifested to make money online.
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by endy69: 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
TinubuDcrook:

They are houses in iyanya for 200k per a room self contain she can manage for a year save the other 150 using 100k to feed the children and transportation a month. Ganer the 150k for the one year and tell me how much she will have ? She can decide to pay a rent now of 400k and start life . Am I communicating?

If I am communicating say yes pastor
Yes pastor!!! grin grin
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by sammirano: 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2023
AntiMarxist:
Okoro going back home is a death sentence

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by ibinaboonline: 8:10pm On Jun 22, 2023
I'm hundred percent in support of the truth that your husband is your earthly lord. However, if your husband says to follow him to hell will you do so because he's Lord over you? I think that each case is relative. There's a woman in the Bible who's husband made a foolish decision. Had that woman not acted independently without her husband's permission, the entire family would've been slaughtered by young David. So, it's relative.
Salvation2:
Make sure u are on the same page with ur husband. He is lord over u. In all u do, add God first. God will continue to help and deliver us all in Jesus name amen.

Shalom!!!
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by Incrediblekutty(m): 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2023
momsloved:

I'm sorry that I have to create this post. From my previous post, some people have adviced me to edit my post to indicate my state of residence Incase of an assistant, but I tried to edit, and I'm not giving the access maybe because it was pushed to front page. That's why I created this.
After much thought and advice, I have decided not to relocate to the village with my husband and it's not a violence situation.

This is not an act of disrespect either, but I want to be strong for my children. The only issue I have now, is how to secure a cheaper accommodation and I'm sure between now and new year, I will work harder to meet up with next rent.
I'm in Abuja. Thank you

Relocate to areas like Zuba and environs just to pick up again!! It's not a must to remain where you are

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by Cloudflare: 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2023
YoungLionken:
Your account here is new, you can't tell me you just knew about nairaland in June this year..

You're prolly one of those uncultured ladies with popular monikers here. Reveal your true self or else some of us won't take your posts serious..

Because when men are talking, you ladies (instead of learning), would be arguing. But it's quick for you to open an alternate account seeking help..

Same goes for those seeking financial assistance, with your old active account, I can take you serious..

Imagine the cheap scammer below sad...

CC: momsloved

Op @momsloved. Do what this guy said if you're serious. I'm very sure you must be one of those feminist uncultured ladies here who always insult and attack guys here.

Reveal your true identity
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by eminikansoso(m): 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2023
momsloved:

I'm in Abuja. Thank you
If your man can bury shame, I have a legit business he can start with little amount and he will be living fine. Not online business ooo
And you, you need to be very strong in prayer because your man is already weak spiritually.
07060756990 WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
TinubuDcrook:
Everything must not be relocate to village

Abuja also have villages and people who suffer also.

You said your budget is 250k a month some families don't see that .

You can cut your budget relocate to iyanya where housing is cheaper and manage yourself till you stand again
Bro, any one bedroom apartment in 'Abuja' that is less than 650k is in the rural area like Masaka or those outskirt. In Nyanya 1BR is about 400-550 depending on other factors
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by DaveHarry(m): 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2023
eminikansoso:

If your man can bury shame, I have a legit business he can start with little amount and he will be living fine. Not online business ooo
And you, you need to be very strong in prayer because your man is already weak spiritually.
07060756990 WhatsApp
I can bury shame
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:57pm On Jun 22, 2023
Interesting!

First, relocating to the village is not a death sentence provided there are things for your husband to do there

Does his family have lands where he can do farming that will see him trade his harvest for money?

Is there a plan on his end that will see him survive during this period?

I understand you wouldn't want to turn from "Abuja" woman to "local woman", but let's be frank here... Abuja is a very expensive place to live... even those with good jobs are feeling the heat not to talk of your family's incumbent predicament. Can you cope in Abuja?

What your husband has done is simply a survival move. Remaining in Abuja without source of livelihood may get him frustrated. Relocating may be the best option.

Meanwhile, there are people doing relatively well in every villages though limited opportunities like the city - but limited problems either.

I will advice you to think alongside your man, probe his reason for going to the village, if he has a plan then encourage and go with him. You may decide to stay in Abuja with the kids and even get a job, but can you shoulder the responsibilities alone? Wisdom is profitable! Abuja is not like Lagos!

momsloved:

I'm in Abuja. Thank you
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by henrimoto(m): 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2023
@cassyrooy.. You just passed a strong message/philosophy, not only to me. Thanks so much for the write up.
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by henrimoto(m): 12:10am On Jun 23, 2023
@Tonye barcanista.

"Abuja is not like Lagos" what do you mean with this statement?

Are you trying to say one can survive in Lagos with less fund than in Abuja ?

Abuja is in Parts, according to one's financial capacity.
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by HRMK: 5:38am On Jun 23, 2023
HOW COULD ANYONE IN HIS OR HER RIGHT SENSES MOVE RIGHT FROM THE VILLAGE STRAIGHT TO ABUJA?
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2023
maasoap:

After you secure a cheaper accommodation, try any business you love. Start small and grow it. Even if you are working for a monthly salary, just have it in mind to start business one day and save towards it.
Whatever it takes, don't go to village. People in villages are moving out, there is NOTHING in the village.
Exactly. All I'm seeking now is how to secure any affordable accomodation.
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 23, 2023
Cloudflare:

Op @momsloved. Do what this guy said if you're serious. I'm very sure you must be one of those feminist uncultured ladies here who always insult and attack guys here.

Reveal your true identity
You judge wrongly.
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by pstemma1990: 8:20am On Jun 23, 2023
OZIOGU1:
Hello madam,
there is a part-time cleaning job in Abuja here, You will only be called on request, if you are lucky you could work three times a week average 7k per day, PM your mail address and i will forward it to you,

NB: Its actually my office and not a random place pls, this is the only way i could help, I have a family too.
Good morning sir, pls if she did not accept the offer, and it's still available, I'll be more than willing to do it.... Even if there's another available job at the moment.. Pls help a brother out.. Here is my email address nnaemekaemmanuel233@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless.
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by HEBEI: 8:49am On Jun 23, 2023
mbaise1000:

I didn't read that person say wherever it is she came FROM, so what brought Simon ekpa here? Is it only IGBOS that are traveling outside their place? There are yorubas in mbaise, very many of them and none of them is pretending that they will ever go back to their places ever again, you can ask around and see, that being said I will say that this format is too childish, no one should be insulting our collective intelligence here, and if it happens to be true which is also very much possible, this person should follow her husband, to wherever he wants to be, if she is a responsible and a good wife, those children are not hers alone and she doesn't love them more than the husband unless he is not their father and it's this woman who can tell us that, not after the man dies in the village now she will carry those children come back to the village she will not come now, I have seen this happen in two occasions
are you Simon Ekpa or are you one of his deranged supporters?
Your own village is probably enjoying peace and serenity. My own village has been deserted for the past two years as a result of Simon Ekpa's madness.
So say what you know please.
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by Bigpat: 8:51am On Jun 23, 2023
This is pure rebellion, some women want it their way, some are the husband not the wife. I see her point, village life not easy, it is not a death sentence either. The husband already did his calculations. He prefers the village instead of the financial embarrassment to his family in the town. If they had agreed why will she be here. I will have preferred they seek for help together and either be in the town or village. If this is not disrespect, how do we call it.
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by mbaise1000: 10:35am On Jun 23, 2023
HEBEI:
are you Simon Ekpa or are you one of his deranged supporters?
Your own village is probably enjoying peace and serenity. My own village has been deserted for the past two years as a result of Simon Ekpa's madness.
So say what you know please.

And you are sure that the woman in question is from your village? BTW I don't believe that it's Simon ekpa that is your problem, look deep in your village wherever that may be and you will see the solution to your problem in your village, start thinking outside the box anyone that support evil will get evil, every one who is against the murder and killing of anyone no matter who they are doesn't love evil and God will always have his back, mind you I will not be in support of Simon ekpa or anyone who will want any one to be murdered but one thing I know is that anyone who will call foreigners or outsiders to come and kill his own people or those that support the killingsand the killers are worse than those that sacked your village or the reasons your village is deserted, BTW was it Simon ekpa or his group who sacked your village? I will like to know
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by MAVICK2000(m): 11:23am On Jun 23, 2023
TinubuDcrook:
Everything must not be relocate to village

Abuja also have villages and people who suffer also.

You said your budget is 250k a month some families don't see that .

You can cut your budget relocate to iyanya where housing is cheaper and manage yourself till you stand again
Op can try out bwari area council, bwari to be precise, trust me you won't regret
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by eminikansoso(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
DaveHarry:

I can bury shame
Okay
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by DaveHarry(m): 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
eminikansoso:

Okay
But you know what I'm aiming at sha
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by eminikansoso(m): 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
[code][/code]
DaveHarry:

But you know what I'm aiming at sha
07060756990 Whatsapp
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by oxiide22(m): 7:02am On Jun 24, 2023
vickydevoka:

I love your observations. I can't give anybody that's less than a year 1 Naira. Nairaland is like a family irrespective of the tribal differences that sometimes result to war. If someone like pocochant ask me for any amount I won't hesitate because she has been here for years. Not opening up a new Monika and expecting people to help you financially. Omo Elon musk boys full everywhere o.
what about oxiide22? will you give/ help him? but FYI oxiide22 is a guy. because I have seen you in different thread asking ladies to drop their account you'll bless them.why are you guys hate to help fellow guys but quick to help ladies even before asking?

Here I'm asking for help in this forum for about a month now but I don't even get reply not to talk of getting the help.

please I come asking you because of u type up here. I want you to help me pay my school fees please if u can afford to... I can send you all my documents to prove u can even pay directly to the school without sending me shishi

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by vickydevoka(m): 7:09am On Jun 24, 2023
oxiide22:
what about oxiide22? will you give/ help him? but FYI oxiide22 is a guy. because I have seen you in different thread asking ladies to drop their account you'll bless them.why are you guys hate to help fellow guys but quick to help ladies even before asking?

Here I'm asking for help in this forum for about a month now but I don't even get reply not to talk of getting the help.

please I come asking you because of u type up here. I want you to help me pay my school fees please if u can afford to... I can send you all my documents to prove u can even pay directly to the school without sending me shishi
Bro I don't have. I just gave a tithe. I'm an ordinary worker like any other person. Just say I no get responsibility for now. I have never given any lady money on this forum
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by vickydevoka(m): 7:20am On Jun 24, 2023
oxiide22:

Show me one lady I have given money b4. The person I gave money yesterday was a guy.
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by oxiide22(m): 7:31am On Jun 24, 2023
vickydevoka:

Show me one lady I have given money b4. The person I gave money yesterday was a guy.
I didn't said u gave them, I said u have been asking them
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by oxiide22(m): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2023
vickydevoka:

Bro I don't have. I just gave a tithe. I'm an ordinary worker like any other person. Just say I no get responsibility for now. I have never given any lady money on this forum
ok sir
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by oxiide22(m): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2023
vickydevoka:

ok I understand
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by Chno: 8:08am On Jun 24, 2023
lol you are beginning to sound entitled to his money, he isn’t a liar because he sent me money yesterday
oxiide22:
you see, exactly that's what i know you will say. I know it already you'll do whatever you can to dodge the school fee I'm asking is 30k
Re: I Don't Want To Relocate My Children To The Village by vickydevoka(m): 8:34am On Jun 24, 2023
oxiide22:
then wat do we call you? you're either a liar or you're a hypocrite.
Ok. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Roles Of A Father! / How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? / What People Don't Know: Why We Pray With Alligator Pepper And Kolanut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.