Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1275806 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nyafunyafu: 12:05am On Dec 09, 2014
@ Akpaumuaka: so sorry didn't mean to quote you, my post was directed to a poster who has high prolactin but embarking on ivf. I was typing from and must have apparently mistakenly quoted you.
Now edited
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by doublefavour(f): 12:27am On Dec 09, 2014
And they overcame by the testimonies of their mouth.
Our visitors of joy shall come forth in 2015 in Jesus name. Our testimonies shall be complete and our joy shall be full. Our God is too faithful to lie... he said none shall be barren, none shall cast their young or miscarry. We shall all be joyful mothers come 2015 in Jesus name. Cheer up my sisters.... Baby (ies) dust to all.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Akpaumuaka: 6:38am On Dec 09, 2014
@nyanfunyafu...I'm sorry but why quote me?I don't get why u would post that as well?Pls explain urself cos I didn't post anything like going for ivf.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by gingerspice: 9:05am On Dec 09, 2014
doublefavour:
Our visitors of joy shall come forth in 2015 in Jesus name. Our testimonies shall be complete and our joy shall be full. Our God is too faithful to lie... he said none shall be barren, none shall cast their young or miscarry. We shall all be joyful mothers come 2015 in Jesus name. Cheer up my sisters.... Baby (ies) dust to all.

A big AMEN!to that. Thanks for the encouragement.its been a tough journey.Another year has gone hmmm....May God have mercy
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 9:44am On Dec 09, 2014
gingerspice:

A big AMEN!to that. Thanks for the encouragement.its been a tough journey.Another year has gone hmmm....May God have mercy
Exactly the thing when de depress me. 12 whole months gone. In a few days it l be my 5th anniversary. Jesus!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by gingerspice: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

Exactly the thing when de depress me. 12 whole months gone. In a few days it l be my 5th anniversary. Jesus!

LadyG it is well o! Don't worry it'll happen soon. God sees the heart and knows the pain one is going through. We can only do our part (of which I got a BFN last week which I still dey try recover from. Me I no do again. I don try Iui+IVF- none work - imagine the pain and emotional stress wey person don go thru) and hope and pray he does His own.

Was really hoping to give my hubby preggy news as anniversary gift but wetin I go do naa? Like they say... the sun's not gonna shine on everything you do....

So sorry for the Rant... words from a broken hearted woman
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
gingerspice:

LadyG it is well o! Don't worry it'll happen soon. God sees the heart and knows the pain one is going through. We can only do our part (of which I got a BFN last week which I still dey try recover from. Me I no do again. I don try Iui+IVF- none work - imagine the pain and emotional stress wey person don go thru) and hope and pray he does His own.

Was really hoping to give my hubby preggy news as anniversary gift but wetin I go do naa? Like they say... the sun's not gonna shine on everything you do....

Rant away nwanne. Our joy will be fuller.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
doublefavour:
Amen my dear.it is well in Jesus name
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by khatea: 12:46am On Dec 10, 2014
Hi concerned women, U'l carry Ur babies soonest IJN, Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ebube2014: 2:22am On Dec 10, 2014
LadyG and Gingerspice, you cannot be depressed please. We all have to be strong for each other. Remember God is God. Please when you get your twins and triplets in 2015 you must come here and vent that you have not slept in sooo long. grin. Just be patient and trust in him. This too shall pass and we will all rejoice.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 5:28am On Dec 10, 2014
khatea:
Hi concerned women, was once in Ur shoes buh tank God for God, I feel Ur worries n pains. Cry no more, U can inbox me @ tolukhatea@yahoo.com for sincere fertility discussions before considering IVF. U'l carry Ur babies soonest IJN, Amen
Thank U sister. But any advice/help/tips u have, kindly share on this thread. We don't inbox. It defeats the purpose of this community. Thank U

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by gingerspice: 6:16am On Dec 10, 2014
Ebube2014:
LadyG and Gingerspice, you cannot be depressed please. We all have to be strong for each other. Remember God is God. Please when you get your twins and triplets in 2015 you must come here and vent that you have not slept in sooo long. grin. Just be patient and trust in him. This too shall pass and we will all rejoice.

Amen o!Thanks Ebube... I'm so looking forward to it cheesy..lol..

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by doublefavour(f): 10:29am On Dec 10, 2014
Psalm 113:9
He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord.
@ gingerspice, ladyGuinivere and henmaris:
God knew us before we were conceived and he knew that at some point in our lives people shall call us barren. But then he said, this same barren woman he'll make us get married and keep our husband's house and after being called barren in our husband's house..... he will then make us a Joyful mother of Children (not child but children)
Praise the Lord.
His words are yea and Amen. He honour his word more than his name. So cheer up sisters

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by gingerspice: 11:05am On Dec 10, 2014
doublefavour:
He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord.
God knew us before we were conceived and he knew that at some point in our lives people shall call us barren. But then he said, this same barren woman he'll make us get married and keep our husband's house and after being called barren in our husband's house..... he will then make us a Joyful mother of Children (not child but children)
Praise the Lord.
His words are yea and Amen. He honour his word more than his name. So cheer up sisters

Thanks a lot for this smiley it is well

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by khatea: 11:14am On Dec 10, 2014
LadyGuinivere:

Thank U sister. But any advice/help/tips u have, kindly share on this thread. We don't inbox. It defeats the purpose of this community. Thank U

All d best
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
gingerspice:

Gingerspice, ur last sentence is heart breaking and I can feel your pain.God has not given up on you so don't give up on me.I understand your pain because in same struggle but feeling depressed is the last thing we need. Have confidence in God,we are all 2015 moms in the making,ivf or not our God works in miraculous ways.Tell your heart to be confident. Relax my dear for no great child has ever come to this world easily,your supernatural bundle of joy is on its way.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
doublefavour:
God knew us before we were conceived and he knew that at some point in our lives people shall call us barren. But then he said, this same barren woman he'll make us get married and keep our husband's house and after being called barren in our husband's house..... he will then make us a Joyful mother of Children (not child but children
Praise the Lord.
True talk from my Father.Thank you doublefavour for answering God's call by passing on this message to us.It gives me innermost peace,I know our children are on their way. God bless you,I'm praying for everyone of us,our testimony is not far from today in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
grin[color=#006600][/color]
doublefavour:
Praise the Lord.
Doublefavour when are you starting your ivf cycle.I'm also in this Dec/Jan for icsi.Have an appointment with gynaecologist tomorrow for first u/s, prescription and when to start stimulating.I've been on pills LUTENYL for 2weeks plus now
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by doublefavour(f): 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
@ henmaris: am starting december. My appointment is on the 15th dec 2014. I was told I will start my pill on that day. So I guess the whole ivf proper will commence in January 2015 into february as I will be put on a long protocol considering the pcos they diagnosed. Am presently on metformin and pregnantcare
Nay in all these.... we are more than conquerors!

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2014
@khatea i saw ur pm. do kindly share the name of the fertility clinic here.
God bless

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by gingerspice: 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
henmaris:
[color=#006600][/color]
Gingerspice, ur last sentence is heart breaking and I can feel your pain.God has not given up on you so don't give up on me.I understand your pain because in same struggle but feeling depressed is the last thing we need. Have confidence in God,we are all 2015 moms in the making,ivf or not our God works in miraculous ways.Tell your heart to be confident. Relax my dear for no great child has ever come to this world easily,your supernatural bundle of joy is on its way.
Thanks so much dear, truly I had given up on everything.i haven't even prayed since the day I knew it failed. I've been in this limbo of emotions pain,anger and general numbness. Slowly coming out of the grief I feel. Thanks again. Soon all will be well

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by crowncold005: 2:18am On Dec 11, 2014
Hello all,I am a silent reader on this thread..dis thread has been a blessing to me cos it gives me d encouragement I need wen am depressed ...I av been ttc for 2yrs now...I got pregnant september last year but lost it at 2months...we continued ttc for about 4months after d mc buh nutin still,we den decided to see a doc...every test I did came out okay but dh wuz diagnosed wit low sperm count(3million with no motility)he wuz placed on proviron and vit e and he wuz also takin herbs too...after 3months,he did anoda SFA and d result wuz worse...no single sperm wuz found and he has staph...we were placed on antibiotics to clear d infection and he wuz told to use manix wit milk and oligocare...please wot else can we do?...is dere any hope of getting his numbers up and conceiving naturally...or any suggestions for ART...please mammas help a sister...am confused...may God crown our efforts!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 11, 2014
God will answer all your prayers in Jesus name. Why don't you guys try Qatar or dubai medical city
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 8:58am On Dec 11, 2014
sawyersam:
God will answer all your prayers in Jesus name. Why don't you guys try Qatar or dubai medical city
How much?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 11, 2014
It's almost free if u come here and buy medical insurance. My sister is a testimony
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 10:30am On Dec 11, 2014
gingerspice:

Thanks so much dear, truly I had given up on everything.i haven't even prayed since the day I knew it failed. I've been in this limbo of emotions pain,anger and general numbness. Slowly coming out of the grief I feel. Thanks again. Soon all will be well

@gingerspice it is well with you. I know the feeling of disappointment and anger can be overwhelming sometimes let me share a part of my testimony with you. just before egg retrieval, I noticed my lower abdomen was really aching I just tot maybe it is normal. It was so painful I had to look around to see those that came for scan everyone was looking happy and normal- I told yourself see your mates ! Fast forward till egg retrieval day I was there from about 7am till 6pm why? Because I couldn't just stand up and I was like 'my mates'have left the hospital since 12 I am still here. It took one throwing up session for me to gather strength to walk into the car. Days after egg retrieval I had no mates around to check to see if they were uncomfortable and having tommyaches as well. I just told myself it would be over in a couple of days. I started calling 'my mates' again to find out if all I was feeling was normal That was just the beginning.

My sister, 3 days later I just woke my husband up early in the morning that I knew I was going to die that day he should just call them in the hospital to let them know we were coming I felt like hell. Our transfer was in 2 days but that was the least of things on my mind. The next 72 hours all I was doing was calling on God to spare my Life even as the transfer was done in the midst of this and the doctor kept on assuring me My embies would be fine and severe OHSS doesn't affect their growth or attachment. Na that one I dey talk?? shocked I say make I just feel normal again I couldn't sleep without being induced to sleep. From 5.00pm I would have started lobbying for sleeping injection. meanwhile 'my mates' walked in on transfer day and walked out to go home. I had a procedure called paracentesis and I spent days in pain draining water from my 6months pregnant-looking stomach.

Why I am saying all of this- I was also in a limbo of emotion pain anger and discomfort. Sometimes I was in anger and when I couldn't sleep I would beg my husband to lay his hands on my stomach and pray. Why was I angry?-cos I had given up on the embies transferred, we had spent so much and this unexpected wahala just started which meant spending more, why did God have to make me go through the Wahala? At least I have read here pple going for IVF, ICSI no stories are they not'my ttc mates' why was I different? I had been through enough I just wanted to be well. Though the process was slow, I healed slowly and got my BFP! In retrospect I don't think I would have been more hurt if I went through all that pain and suffering and I didn't have a good news. I just thank God for life and Good health cos 1 single morning sickness like this I nor get. Instead Na chop I dey chop. It ended in praise for me !! @gingerspice, Ladyguniverse, itissettled3 and every other
mum to be on this thread-
IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE FOR YOU!! AMEN

Sorry for my epistle

17 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2014
Waoo @Kingsdaughter. I actually read all your post cos I usually want to know how much of TTC issue anyone had before the bfp just to draw strength. I must say you are strong and surely the ONE behind you is the STRONGEST. Enjoy your belle.

That post you made is not only for ginerspice but also for me.

God is still God, I know soon, stories will change.

@Ginger spice, let the peace of God rain in your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by gingerspice: 3:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
kingsdaughter:

@gingerspice it is well with you. I know the feeling of disappointment and anger can be overwhelming sometimes let me share a part of my testimony with you. just before egg retrieval, I noticed my lower abdomen was really aching I just tot maybe it is normal. It was so painful I had to look around to see those that came for scan everyone was looking happy and normal- I told yourself see your mates ! Fast forward till egg retrieval day I was there from about 7am till 6pm why? Because I couldn't just stand up and I was like 'my mates'have left the hospital since 12 I am still here. It took one throwing up session for me to gather strength to walk into the car. Days after egg retrieval I had no mates around to check to see if they were uncomfortable and having tommyaches as well. I just told myself it would be over in a couple of days. I started calling 'my mates' again to find out if all I was feeling was normal That was just the beginning.

My sister, 3 days later I just woke my husband up early in the morning that I knew I was going to die that day he should just call them in the hospital to let them know we were coming I felt like hell. Our transfer was in 2 days but that was the least of things on my mind. The next 72 hours all I was doing was calling on God to spare my Life even as the transfer was done in the midst of this and the doctor kept on assuring me My embies would be fine and severe OHSS doesn't affect their growth or attachment. Na that one I dey talk?? shocked I say make I just feel normal again I couldn't sleep without being induced to sleep. From 5.00pm I would have started lobbying for sleeping injection. meanwhile 'my mates' walked in on transfer day and walked out to go home. I had a procedure called paracentesis and I spent days in pain draining water from my 6months pregnant-looking stomach.

Why I am saying all of this- I was also in a limbo of emotion pain anger and discomfort. Sometimes I was in anger and when I couldn't sleep I would beg my husband to lay his hands on my stomach and pray. Why was I angry?-cos I had given up on the embies transferred, we had spent so much and this unexpected wahala just started which meant spending more, why did God have to make me go through the Wahala? At least I have read here pple going for IVF, ICSI no stories are they not'my ttc mates' why was I different? I had been through enough I just wanted to be well. Though the process was slow, I healed slowly and got my BFP! In retrospect I don't think I would have been more hurt if I went through all that pain and suffering and I didn't have a good news. I just thank God for life and Good health cos 1 single morning sickness like this I nor get. Instead Na chop I dey chop. It ended in praise for me !! @gingerspice, Ladyguniverse, itissettled3 and every other
mum to be on this thread-
IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE FOR YOU!! AMEN

Sorry for my epistle

Hmmm God bless you for sharing this. I'm thankful for this support system we have. you expressed my thoughts fully "#my mates". May God forgive me for all the feelings i've had towards Him and grant us all our heart's desires.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by dabgr: 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
I've been a silent follower for a while especially when I seem overwhelmed. Thanks to everyone
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
dabgr:
I've been a silent follower for a while especially when I seem overwhelmed. TTC for over 2yrs, had surgery involving removal of right fallopian tube and ovary due to hydrosalpinx and cyst. The remaining tube has adhesion to my body and not available to function from medical report. I believe God's report about fruitfulness. Pls what diet or drug or approved herbal treatment can I take to cleanse my system and flush my tube. Thanks
Dear sister I'm sorry I don't know any medications u can take but I'm responding to encourage u not to give up.Hold fast to God in prayers and follow your doctors advise.I hope u locate a good reproductive endocrinologist.Courage
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2014
What a silent weekend.is everyone ok? Just to break the silence in this thread and hope everyone is ok n praying without ceasing while we await our blessing.
@doublefavour I will officially begin my process in January.Doc asked me to continue pills till the 30 of Dec.After which I wait for ant flo before beginning stimulating on the 3rd day of flo.so officially I may begin by January 10 if ant flo respects itself and come on time.
Have a pleasant weekend my sisters

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.