Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1280210 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:52am On Nov 15, 2014
Kings daughter, big congratulations to u and your hubby. So happy for this wonderful news. Wishing u a stress free 9m with twins and triplets. God who put them there will be faithful to stand by you till you offload them safely. Congrats once more.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 10:16am On Nov 15, 2014
Goodmorning fruitful mamas and papas,pls does any1 know of a good clinic that i can do a laparoscopy and if possible the amount?please help a sister.thanks..Fertility Blessings to us all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulmama: 11:30am On Nov 15, 2014
@kings daughter congrats oooo.God is awesome. No evil will befall,in this 9months you shall glow and be strengthened all through.welcome onboard sis.
To all expectant mums God remains the same,you shall also rejoice soon.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2014
I am so happy for you King'sdaughter. When I read people saying congrats to you I had to go pages back searching for your testimony.

Am pretty glad my dear sister. I remember when you posted the ugly experience you had with a clinic, i cried and whispered to God to help you, that your post got me crying for days and all I could say then was Lord this your daughter must testify. And am gladddddd now.

To God be alllllllllll the glory.

Everyone waiting will leave the waiting room to His court where you can lay the trophy at His feet and bow in worship.

He is worthy.

Testimonies will not cease in this house in Jesus name.

@LadyG pls desist from sharing your IVF experience with people. Not many people can share and understand your pain so they might not be too careful with the choice of words because they know nothing about waiting for years. If they had had your experience then they can share in your pain and understand. So keep it to your self and hubby.

In my time when I told a friend am thinking of ivd she staightly told me, don't go and have an i.mbecile as a child ooo. You can imagine.

It really makes no sense to those who get pregnant at will so keep the door of your mouth shut on IVF matters.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by HawtMummie(f): 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
Zinachimdindu:
@Hawtmama,nisa premier is very good,they have good sucess rate and have also trained quite a good number of doctors that established their private clinics with good success rates as well. A Number of persons on this forum also achieved their BFPs recently using the clinic at 1st trial and i have told God that even if they have only 1% success rate,i must achieve result.they charge between 1m &1.5m but runs a promo at the beginning of the year with cost of procedure@500k without the drugs. God will grant us all success.pray and let God guide you in selecting a good clinic. you are blessed my sister

Amen sis. It is indeed well. Thank you for the detailed explanation.....your faith stand gidigba. I like that. Will definitely look them up and book an appointment. 2015 is our Year...e-hugs.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
LadyGuinivere:

Sisterly! Pls pls pls that is the prollem that we face.For eg When told to take Birth control pills for 3 mths before ivf, we go de try maybe e go enter on em own. See once u have made up ur mind to proceed to ivf, don't derail or move from the protocol given to U. Lucky for U sef, u r on insurance.
Sorry about the pains. *hugs*Were you triggered? Its the symptoms of OHSS o! If u were triggered, be very careful o but u born 8, come get TV reality show 'henmaris with her 8 chicks' lol
By the way , please who knows where I can buy menopur, cerotide and pregnyl for naija (as cheaply as possible too) thanks
To all my advisers, thanks a mil. I will learn to zip up my mouth!

Lady G I triggered and was about getting into the theatre for retrieval before sudden temperature rise. Feeling better than yesterday though still bloated.
Imagine 8 + kids,Jesus.we were warned against baby dance for at least 4days so nothing since Monday unless a miracle happens from baby dancing days before that retrieval day.
I'm in again for ivf next month.Doc seems prepared and has asked me to begin the pill on first day of AF
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 10:20am On Nov 17, 2014
@ Everyone Amen amen and Amen. Thanks alot for the good wishes we shall continue to hear good news in Jesus Name. Amen

@mumof4 I am not only keeping one pt strip that shows 2 lines I am keeping 3 grin grin in case 1 gets missing, I have backup.

@ladybb You asked for the name of the hospital its called Gynescope Hospital and it is in Port Harcourt off Eliozu . @wonyi you were asking for an IVF hospital in PH thats one at least 2 of us here have used.

@redeemersave Yes o!!!! To God be all the Glory. He just waits for the time you are not even expecting the miracle and pops it! Thank God it is ending in praise!

@anewdawn I am just being lazy o..d full gist is coming soon.

@iyaboys and doublefavour you are both welcome. May your stay be very very short.

@all no sharing of IVF experience or 'I want to go for IVF with evryone o' I was on my sickbed with my bloated stomach being drained Everyone asked "what is wrong ? or what did the doctor say is wrong?" my response is na so we see am o na stomach pain. Nobody will understand particularly if they dont believe in ART.

baby dust everyone!

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 11:23am On Nov 17, 2014
@ kibgsdaughter thanks.God ha

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 11:57am On Nov 17, 2014
wonyi:
@ kibgsdaughter thanks.God has remembered n blessed u among women .Gynaecope, bridge n prime charge around 900k n above.we may need to save more.

I and hubby have decided to go down the ivf lane. I contacted Nisa GarkI hospital Abuja (ivf-350k, drugs-200k, investigation-50k).

pls has anybody used them?

I understand what you mean but have you thought of the logistics? ( where you would stay, transportation for both of you to ABJ, ground transportation, if you have to miss work, if you will be in a warm and relaxed atmosphere) during the entire period I am sure you know it is not a week's event.

Kindly consider these things apart from the cost of the hospital.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sexycy1: 12:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
Congrats kingdaughter.*hugs* I'm so happy! Wowzaaa! I feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach! Lol happy bumping. kiss
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
sexycy1:
Congrats kingdaughter.*hugs* I'm so happy! Wowzaaa! I feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach! Lol happy bumping. kiss

where did you apprear from ? shocked you wont believe i was just thinking about your name it wasnt even up to 20 minutes ago . Thanks sis How have you been you for don drop by now?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
@kingsdaughter, I have pcos too that is why I'm interested to hear what u did differently.

Congratulations once again and happy bumping.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
kingsdaughter:

I understand what you mean but have you thought of the logistics? ( where you would stay, transportation for both of you to ABJ, ground transportation, if you have to miss work, if you will be in a warm and relaxed atmosphere) during the entire period I am sure you know it is not a week's event.

Kindly consider these things apart from the
cost of the hospital.

I understand what u are saying.I know the duration is more than a month.[sub][/sub]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladybb: 7:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
kingsdaughter:
@ Everyone Amen amen and Amen. Thanks alot for the good wishes we shall continue to hear good news in Jesus Name. Amen

@mumof4 I am not only keeping one pt strip that shows 2 lines I am keeping 3 grin grin in case 1 gets missing, I have backup.

@ladybb You asked for the name of the hospital its called Gynescope Hospital and it is in Port Harcourt off Eliozu . @wonyi you were asking for an IVF hospital in PH thats one at least 2 of us here have used.

@redeemersave Yes o!!!! To God be all the Glory. He just waits for the time you are not even expecting the miracle and pops it! Thank God it is ending in praise!

@anewdawn I am just being lazy o..d full gist is coming soon.

@iyaboys and doublefavour you are both welcome. May your stay be very very short.

@all no sharing of IVF experience or 'I want to go for IVF with evryone o' I was on my sickbed with my bloated stomach being drained Everyone asked "what is wrong ? or what did the doctor say is wrong?" my response is na so we see am o na stomach pain. Nobody will understand particularly if they dont believe in ART.

baby dust everyone!

@Kingsdaughter, I was hoping that you'll mention a Lagos Hospital I'm debating between using AARK and Olive Branch.
Wishing you a stress free 9months in Jesus' name. Congrats once again.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
This place is very quiet. How is everyone doing? Wishing all of us a fruitful November. May the Lord give us an 11th hour miracle in Jesus name, AMEN
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
ello everyone,I did hormonal assay. Few weeks ago - prolactin one thousand plus,FSH 13.7. Am seriously down and sometimes I just feel like will this journey ever come to an end? I had fibroid operation last year, did ivf early this year .just when I was putting myself together for another cycle of IVF I got this hormonal assay result.I have started bromocriptine.pls is there anyone with similar experience? What other medications and. natural products can I use? How long does it take for prolactin to regulate with bromocriptine?baby dust to us all.my doctor said I will av to use a donor egg even though am less than 30yrs.he said there is no drug for high fsh.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
ello everyone,I did hormonal assay. Few weeks ago - prolactin one thousand plus,FSH 13.7. Am seriously down and sometimes I just feel like will this journey ever come to an end? I had fibroid operation last year, did ivf early this year .just when I was putting myself together for another cycle of IVF I got this hormonal assay result.I have started bromocriptine.pls is there anyone with similar experience? What other medications and. natural products can I use? How long does it take for prolactin to regulate with bromocriptine?baby dust to us all.my doctor said I will av to use a donor egg even though am less than 30yrs.he said there is no drug for high fsh.
(
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
@mom2, please don't mind that doctor . People with over 100fsh have conceived on their own. Take your time to read a few pages back and on the ttc thread. You will learn a bunch.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:23am On Nov 20, 2014
moma2:
(
@Venuss Jah bless. Please do not mind that rubbish doctor that wants to sell eggs.
@Moma I know u don't know me but take my words for this. Enter market. Charter cabbage. Every morning, at least an hour before ur breakfast. Eat a good quantity, brush ur teeth and get ready for work.
Cabbergoline/dostinex is made from cabbage extract. Research it. Eat it religiously. Repeat that ur hormonal assay in a month. God did not put leaves and herbs out there for joke.
Back to the donor egg, what is d dr's reason? Sumn I have realised, lotsa ivf clinics hamper for donor eggs ist. Pls learn to discern
*hugs*

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 10:30am On Nov 20, 2014
Moma2,My sister dont be discouraged. The Devil has failed already.pls do as LadyG suggested.i also read that Ewedu helps too.i'm not to sure if its for egg quality or to bring down prolactin level. Why will he suggest donor eggs to u without any reason? Dis Doctors and their agendas,God help us.dont let any report steal ur joy. U can google natural herbs that can help bring down prolactin level.God will suprise u sooner than u expect..Hugs and baby dust to u.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
Thank you all for your response on this prolactin issue, never knew cabbage helps to reduce high prolactin. I have very high prolactin as well.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hello Venus. How body?

@LadyG, thanks for your post on cabbage. Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sexycy1: 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
kingsdaughter:

where did you apprear from ? shocked you wont believe i was just thinking about your name it wasnt even up to 20 minutes ago . Thanks sis How have you been you for don drop by now?
. Yup...offloaded 1 boy, september.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebi2009: 11:21am On Nov 23, 2014
Good day all. Nice thread, I commend all ur discussions.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2014
@ venusss,lady Guinivere,beauty for ashes n others thanks so much for your responses. I will do as you have said.d doctor said because LH is high that it means I have premature ovarian failure and donor egg will be the best.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
moma2:
@ venusss,lady Guinivere,beauty for ashes n others thanks so much for your responses. I will do as you have said.d doctor said because LH is high that it means I have premature ovarian failure and donor egg will be the best.
Premature ovarian failure- has the ovary failed yet? Is it still working? Have u done an AMH? Its 18k. Weigh that beside the cost of buying eggs (from an unknown person with unknown medical history). Don't get me wrong, using donor eggs is neccessary ONLY when urs aint working. Don't let d doc get in ur head. U too take ur time and see how LH can be reduced
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by globalwaly(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by stellausih: 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
@LadyGuinivere, gud day. Pls where in Lagos can i get my AMH, hystereoscopy and homonal assay done? Pls kindly let me know. Will be expecting ur reply. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
stellausih:
@LadyGuinivere, gud day. Pls where in Lagos can i get my AMH, hystereoscopy and homonal assay done? Pls kindly let me know. Will be expecting ur reply. Thanks.
Nne I no de stay lag.
However hormonal assay u can get at any lab
AMH , the big labs can take ur blood and send to SA. Takes 10-15 days
Somebody pls answer the hysterescopy question
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
stellausih:

In lag, you can use path care or clina licent. Path care is in A&E building or say very close there. You can also browse for their head office in VI. Clina licent is also on I idi Araba road, browse other centres near you. I heard of union diagonistics in tejuosho yaba. All these three centre have locations on the island too.

Their results are reliable as well. I know of one india clinic very close to the guardian in osodi apapa express road. Can't remember the name.

@LadyG, pls do I need to eat the cabbage without the cream? Or I make it as salad daily? Not easy chewing and swallowing it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
olubankemi:

@LadyG, pls do I need to eat the cabbage without the cream? Or I make it as salad daily? Not easy chewing and swallowing it.
The essence is to reduce prolactin whilst maintaining a healthy weight. A small dollop of Cream is so fattening you wanta slap it. Stay away from cream. U can try chopping up the cabbage and adding a bit of oliveoil sometyms or try it as a snack with groundnut.
Its best plain thou. Be dedicated. Test back after a month. I'm that certain
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
moma2:
Hello everyone, I would like to connect with those cycling with me (feb to march 2015). Am presently on pregnacare conception,planning to get COq10. Likely using lily fertility centre warri. The lord is our strength and we shall all testify soon ijn
moma2...I need to ask you some questions...pls you email address

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.