Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1278455 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:52am On Feb 22, 2016
praisefulmum:
Hi Everyone, Please which IVF CLINIC is the best in Ibadan with great success rate? Please if anyone knows, it is quite urgent. A friend of mine is relocating to Ibadan and needs to know ASAP. Thank you very much.

This thread has gone cold, you would have gotten some quick answers, however, go back wards and read thru, i think there are some info on IVF clinics in Ibadan. Better still, if your friend is not on a tight work schedule, i would suggest she comes down to Lagos. Bridge and Olive branch (with Dr Emeka) have good success rate so far
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:55am On Feb 22, 2016
janetunde:
Hello everyone,pls I have a question, I started my suprefact injection on the 8th and the Dr said I sud notify him once I see my period.my LMP was 18th Jan and am yet to see another one.hope there's no problem or is it normal

Which hospital are you using? Please share with us. Keep your hands crossed, your period will come. If you are anxious, y not speak to your doctor
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:56am On Feb 22, 2016
@ stivesng

I've used your hospital during the promo, I'm never going back there by Gods grace
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmerciesss: 8:32am On Feb 22, 2016
janetunde:
Hello everyone,pls I have a question, I started my suprefact injection on the 8th and the Dr said I sud notify him once I see my period.my LMP was 18th Jan and am yet to see another one.hope there's no problem or is it normal
It was delayed cos of d injections. It'll still come except u were having dat issue b4. U need to call him immediately u see it.. not a day more
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmerciesss: 8:39am On Feb 22, 2016
wholesomegrace:
@ stivesng

I've used your hospital during the promo, I'm never going back there by Gods grace

What happened.... Sorry but I support ur decision. Promo stuff.....hnmmmm dicey
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 8:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
Godmerciesss:

What happened.... Sorry but I support ur decision. Promo stuff.....hnmmmm dicey

pls whats the difference btw normal ivf n promo ivf?..........the process n drugs are the same, abi am missing something?.

also which branch of st ives did you use?..could u throw more light on what happened?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by doctokwus: 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
Same here @Wholesomegrace,i used Stives lkoyi branch during promo too..I'm not going back there even if for free..

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 5:18am On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:16am On Feb 23, 2016
@ bolateetoe, trust you are good. Like i would always say, focus on God not on d doctors, pray God will perfect implantation. You are in my prayers.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Oleayo22(f): 7:17am On Feb 23, 2016
Hi wonyi, I had a friend around my house giving me the injection but I still using cyclogest as well. I think it was weekly.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:34am On Feb 23, 2016
Godmerciesss.. not because I got a bfn, but there were a lot of inconsistencies during the process, they weren't dealing with issues as they were coming, only following protocol, meanwhile our cases are different and i believe treatment should vary accordingly, they were not interested in my test results.... could go on and on. It was all about get the ivf done and go.... next person pls...

Anyway, I was also a novice den, that's y I encourage anyone who wants to start the IVF process go to thru this thread from beginning to the end. It helps

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:42am On Feb 23, 2016
RipVanWink, I used Ikeja.

I really don't know what happens if u are not using promo, maybe its better... may be not. But if you are using them, i believe all is in the hands of God and you can get your results, ask questions when you are in doubt and make sure they resolve it.

It is well

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:44am On Feb 23, 2016
@ doctokwus, even for free!!! lol

I believe this is a feedback to St Ives.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:51am On Feb 23, 2016
wonyi:
After the two weeks wait n a bfp. How was progesterones injection given? Is there anyone that administered it by herself? Was there a paid nurse?

My husband refused to learn and I could not do it myself o, so I went to a nearby hospital where I was previously registered to give me the required daily dose. I pay dem a little sum daily for every injection taken.

progesterones injections were not painful then, but surprisingly, I started feeling pains few weeks ago on both injection site. but they are gradually receding, thank God
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 10:23am On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmerciesss: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2016
wholesomegrace:
Godmerciesss.. not because I got a bfn, but there were a lot of inconsistencies during the process, they weren't dealing with issues as they were coming, only following protocol, meanwhile our cases are different and i believe treatment should vary accordingly, they were not interested in my test results.... could go on and on. It was all about get the ivf done and go.... next person pls...

Anyway, I was also a novice den, that's y I encourage anyone who wants to start the IVF process go to thru this thread from beginning to the end. It helps

Exactly ivf is a v v technical process with sharp edge expertise. You either know ur onions or u don't!
Promo is budgeted and am not convinced some processes ll not be been sacrificed on d altar of budget.
With ivf....tbh cheapness is most times suspicious.
This tinz costs money o if dey really want to do it for results.

Pls my fellow mothers.. save and go to reputable fertility clinics and get ur results.. Am not decampaingng promo o but...be patient... Add small money to dat promo money and do ur tin jeje...
Nisa olive branch bridge (read thru thread ) all r expensive buttiiii good tinz comes with expense
Lets b wise wink

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmerciesss: 10:35am On Feb 23, 2016
But again many women ve gotten results from ivf promo...just follow ur maternal guts and instincts....
My opinion is not perfect
It shall be well
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 10:39am On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmerciesss: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2016
wonyi:
After the two weeks wait n a bfp. How was progesterones injection given? Is there anyone that administered it by herself? Was there a paid nurse?

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATULATIONS ;
I was not given injections only cyclogest..u can pay a local hospital around u.
Now proximity is key o so you won't miss any dose.
If u can manage it let a doctor not a nurse give u.
You know say Ds belle important... ;Dno mistakes at all
Start ante natal immediately o ..no time to waste
Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmerciesss: 10:49am On Feb 23, 2016
wonyi:
Is there anyone that stayed in the hospital for three months after bfp? Is there anyone that left her residence n returned after 3 months? Or how did the issue with house help go? Please share your experience?I know the first three months of pregnancy is the most delicate stage n while trying to keep away from people, also trying not to empty pocket. Please ur ideas are highly welcomed.
It depends on ur particular situation
if ur Dr says so?then so be it!u need to b a robot to their instructions now o
But if dey say not necessary.. then..just take it easy
.in my own case I was going for scans evry 2weeks till my 9th month.
But sex IS NOT OK FOR NOW O..pls ur hubby shld understand..
Enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 10:58am On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 11:01am On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
wonyi:
Is there anyone that stayed in the hospital for three months after bfp? Is there anyone that left her residence n returned after 3 months? Or how did the issue with house help go? Please share your experience?I know the first three months of pregnancy is the most delicate stage n while trying to keep away from people, also trying not to empty pocket. Please ur ideas are highly welcomed.

Congrats dear. Which hospital did you use pls?

I would suggest you follow your doctors advise, however, i really don't buy the idea of staying in a hospital for 3 months except you love the feel of hospital. I also don't know anybody that has done such except those who had high risk pregnancies and were put on strict bed rest at the hospital.

My take is..... relax, do the things you love and avoid any form of stress, don't miss ur progesterone until you are well into 4 months sef. You will share your testimonies in nine months time in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 5:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
@
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
wonyi, big amen to that. Positive confession things....

You mentioned the issue of house girl, which shd reduce the house work stress, infact no housework again once God has done it.

If you are okay with staying in the hospital and your doctor is in support, y not go for it.

If you also have a mum like mine, i'm sure she will over pamper you with TLC

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sugah: 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
wonyi:
Staying in the hospital for 3whole months is not advisable o. In fact you would get soo bored sef. My Dh found a baba that cleans the house and does laundry every week and he would be paid monthly. He is well trusted in the area (we are new in the estate). So if you can get someone trusted to come in weekly to do major cleaning and laundry. Some can even go to the market and cook (if you are comfortable with that)
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 8:01am On Feb 24, 2016
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by stivesng(f): 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Good day Ma, Ikeja promo is scheduled for August-September- though date has not been fixed.
duperola:

gd day.pls what month do u run ikeja promo and is the promo on all treatments?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 7:56am On Feb 25, 2016
@ bolateeto, trust you are good.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamakendra(f): 8:11am On Feb 25, 2016
Mamas in the house, pls any good hospital in Ph were I can do IUI, that is not too pricey. I want to start immediately.
Abeg reply your sister oo
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Godmerciesss: 8:35am On Feb 25, 2016
mamakendra:
Mamas in the house, pls any good hospital in Ph were I can do IUI, that is not too pricey. I want to start immediately.
Abeg reply your sister oo
Am not based in phc so ...but patiently read tru ds thread.I know its long but tbh ALL answers ve been given before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.