Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279725 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Oluwatise2401: 1:09am On May 22, 2013
AmatuRahman: @ bucacious congratulations dear,may God see u thru the 9 months successfully. Amen

@ all am so sad to inform the house that  got bfn today.  know all will soon be well In Sha Allah. 'll continue to put my trust in God cos  know He alone can do it and will do it soon miracously.Amen
. So sorry dear, God almighty will double your miracle very soon. Continue to thank him for the gift of life
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by CharisJaden2013: 8:53am On May 22, 2013
@Bucacious, Congrtaulations. The good Lord who started this good work will perfect and complete it IJN. @Inwangobio, Amen and Amen to your prayers. U are just too much. God bless you. @AmatuRahman, It is well my sister. Take it in good faith and at Gods appointed time, ur miracle will manifest. Baby dust to all the beautiful mothers in waiting. God bless
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 8:57am On May 22, 2013
@Amatu, it is well, that is not the end of the road, the Almighty God is working things out for you, at His own time He will manifest His glory in your life, so be encouraged. God bless you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 9:41am On May 22, 2013
@AmatuRahman , am so sad. I really had faith its was going to work for you. Allah knows best.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 7:09pm On May 22, 2013
Amatu, it is well. God knows best and he will perfect that which concerns u. God in His infinite mercies will compensate u with double. It is well my Sister, keep thanking Him for better things to come.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by citychick2014: 1:26am On May 23, 2013
Hello wonderful people!

I stumbled on this thread yesterday and could not stop until I read every post from its inception.
It is indeed a blessing to have such a collection of exceptional encouragers.

@Blendy77: You are doing a tremendous job; you can't tell. Thanks to you and all those keeping the buzz coming.
@inwangobio: Thanks for holding it down. Congratualtions too on your triplets.

Congratulations @Bucacious on your BFP and to everyone that has had a BFP.

I had ER on 21/5/13 (9 retrieved, 6 fertilized) and we are waiting for ET.

@AmatuRahman, @Slushia, @Gimnaeto: So sorry about your BFN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AmatuRahman: 7:34am On May 23, 2013
Thank you all for your words of encouragement and prayers.

 pray almighty Allah in His infinte mercies will hear all of us humble cry and prayer and bless us all with pious children sooner than we expect. All will be well soon by God's grace. Amen

@ citychick2014  pray God grant you with ɑ̤̥̈̊ bfp this cycle. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by HoneyBony: 10:15am On May 23, 2013
@AmatuRahman.So sorry,pray almighty Allah will compensate you double sooner than you expect.Takia dear.And to all of us in the waiting room our joy shall arrive by God's grace amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 23, 2013
citychick2014: Hello wonderful people!

I stumbled on this thread yesterday and could not stop until I read every post from its inception.
It is indeed a blessing to have such a collection of exceptional encouragers.

@Blendy77: You are doing a tremendous job; you can't tell. Thanks to you and all those keeping the buzz coming.
@inwangobio: Thanks for holding it down. Congratualtions too on your triplets.

Congratulations @Bucacious on your BFP and to everyone that has had a BFP.

I had ER on 21/5/13 (9 retrieved, 6 fertilized) and we are waiting for ET.

@AmatuRahman, @Slushia, @Gimnaeto: So sorry about your BFN.
you are welcome.May God grant you blessed child[ren] through it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 4:05pm On May 23, 2013
Hello My People,it's been a while,you people only heard from me once and you didn't see me again and you don't even bother to talk about me no problem, I still love you all, am very happy for my dear sis Blendy77 for what God has done for her I say congratulationsssss, may God be with the babies and the entire family.
I also say congratulations to Mr & Mrs inwangobio may God grant her save delivery AMEN
I went to look for money for this project that all of us has been praying to get thank God in the heavens for those whom their prayers has been answered, and for those of us who wish to embark to the journey may God see us thrw, We were able to raised 800k now, and I wish to use Dr Emeka, May The God Of Hannah and Sarah use him for us we want it once we can not afford twice.Pls join me to say big Amen and remember us in your prayers.
Pls those of you who have succeeded, peoplelike(Blendy77,papi inwangobio and the rest) can you please tell me how long would it take for everything, I mean from registration to trans of embs.
Seconly please can somebody explain all the terms(ET,AF,FET,BFP,BFN etc).am waiting for your resp. thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Beetle: 4:34pm On May 23, 2013
ET- embryo transfer
AF- Aunty Flo
FET- Frozen Embryo transfer
BFP- Bi fat positive
BFN- Big Fat negative
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 23, 2013
@Buca, congrats, wish you well during the belleful period.

@Amatu, it is well. He knows it all.

@CityChick, pls take note of pineapple core when you have ur ET. Google it to know more.

@Akinti, pls find pikinmama's post and read it, follow it to detail. Start eating fruits n veggies now, detoxify yourself, stay clear from sugar. Pls n pls, read pikinmama's post. Then, pray n believe.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iykmau(f): 9:05am On May 24, 2013
The God of Sarah and Hannah will see us through. Blendy77 and those that've used Dr Emeka, pls I ask is it by batch or as you come.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 9:13am On May 24, 2013
@Blendy77 please I sent you an email yesterday. Did you see it?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AmatuRahman: 9:37am On May 24, 2013
iykmau: The God of Sarah and Hannah will see us through. Blendy77 and those that've used Dr Emeka, pls I ask is it by batch or as you come.

His treatment is as you come.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 10:09am On May 24, 2013
Hi all,
@Beetle thanks for your quick resp, please I don't know where to get pikinmama's post, so that I would read it for more explanation.
I want to know how long it would take(1 month,2 months or 3?) for me to complete a cycle and transfer. if somebody can answer me I would be very happy.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by subzidi: 10:28am On May 24, 2013
Hello Akintr,
Well come on board, and i pray the Lord grants you a positive result on this journey! However, you need to also understand that ivf is NOT sure proof as in 100% guranteed! In fact the success rate is about 35-40% for places with good success rate. I'm not trying to scare you but to also lay some facts on the table but at the end of the day God has the final say!I pray that the money you have laboured to go on this project will not be in vain.
I used Dr Emeka for my 1st failed and 2nd cycle that was cancelled due to poor response.It may not have anything to do with the doctor but there are certain precautions you need to take like 1 to 2 months before embarking on this journey as shown in Pikinmamas post.
For me, i'm given my body some rest, taking care of the spiritual side by going for deliverance as HOUSEHOLD wickedness also has something to do with my issue but JEHOVAH has won the battle for me.
You can email me on chinedu.pavina@gmail.com to talk more if you need to talk to someone who has passed through this route before!
Peace be unto you!
@ Buccassious congrats sis and may the journey be sweet and smooth for you and the rest of us regardless of what we have been diagnosed with God's word in Exodus 23 vs 26 MUST be fullfilled in our lives...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 24, 2013
@Akintr1, I also want to reiterate the need to manage expectations. Pls heed the advice you have been given by previous posters. It is also essential you consider Pikinmama's recommendations.

You may wish to contact Pikinmama via her email: gracelawrenz4ever@gmail.com

I got her email add from her recent post on the TTC thread. Goodluck, Dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 2:02pm On May 24, 2013
CityChic, welcome onboard.

Muyinoluwa, kpele my Sister. Didn't chec yesterday but I've just replied u.

Akintr, no vex we have u in mind and praying for u. Like Subzidy said, pray about it as ivf is not automatic but God who sees ur heart will make all things well this first attempt. We will all join u in prayers.

Meanwhile, I just want to advice us to do somethg differently from now on. Can we stop posting our ivf schedule here? As in am doing EC tomorrow and ET nex 2moro. Have we noticed that bulk of the bfps come from those who don't talk about their schedule? Walls have ears my sisters and times are evil. In as much u need our prayers when u transfer and in ur 2ww, its better to do this thg quietly with just ur hubby and Dr in the know. Times are evil I say it again. If at the end, u come out with a bfp, tell us then, we will celebrate wt u and if God forbid, it is a bfn, no wahala too, com and tell us and we will console u and help in looking for a way forward.
Its just my opinion so its open to criticism. Been wanting to post this all this while but for one reason or the other, I keep deleting it after typing but I just want us to know that its for our good. Check my posts from beginning to end, and also cost of ivf thread, and finally blocked tube thread. U will rarely see anywhere I posted my ivf schedule. U'll only see where I've already done it and am talking about my result either positive or negative. I hav friends, relatives and even colleagues who has never called me since I gav birth. The only offence I committed was not telling them anythg when I was pregnant. That is to say there are people who were happy that I didn't have a child. They are excited when u cry n pour out ur heart to them but angry when u finally find a solution to ur problems.
Let when u're are doing ur procedure, collection and transfer be between u, ur hubby, Dr and God. My one cent advice!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 24, 2013
Thank you, Blendy77, for that advice. I have personally benefitted from your prior posts and this is no exception.

One can't be too careful in these perilious times. Your advice is noted and definitely appreciated. Thanx, Sis.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 2:39pm On May 24, 2013
Gbam!!! @mama ejima aka blendyy. You hit the nail on the head . I like it. That extactly what I have in mind o. Nd that's why I hardly post anything about myself this days.
I only pray for God to have mercy on TTC women, read tro' the thread and encourage people in my own little way and apart from that, am a sucker when its come to typing.
I pray to share my positive news soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 3:22pm On May 24, 2013
@Blendy77 You are too nice, keep it up, May God repay you for all your timely advise and deeds.
we will adhere to your advise, I want to know how long would it take before I start, by the time we are able to raise 900k.
Please my question has not be answered, from registration to transfer would take like how many month?
@seacrest and sub zidi, thanks for you advise, I am reading pikinmama post now.
I hope it would not make me to resign from work, we feed and transport ourselves to work with my salary, while we are saving my hubby's salary for the project am i still go to be working if i start? please let me know
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 3:51pm On May 24, 2013
@Blendy77 thanks a lot.
@all please to what extent can male factor affect the success of an IVF. Count, motility and morphology. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 3:51pm On May 24, 2013
It won't take u away from ur work. After u see the Dr, depending on ur cycle, ur nex appt will be to review ur test results. After which u will start ur busserelin inj on day 21 after ur last period. That done, depending on the kind of busserelin u're given, it might be one off or everyday till u see ur next period. U'll go back for a scan and then fix a date when u'll start fsh inj. U'll be taking that for like 10 days, during which u will be going for scan to see if u're responding well. After like 12days of starting the inj, u do ur EC (egg collection) and 2 days after, ur (ET) embryo transfer. In all of this u can be going to work so no need for leave. Its after the ET that u might need like a wk off. Though u might want to start the leave on the day of EC cos of pain (incases of hyper stimulation) and or tummy might be big in very rare cases. So give and take, u don't need more than 10days off if u must take leave. After ET, u wait for 2wks and return for ur PT (preg test).
So in all, the whole process is like 5-6wks but but u don't need leave till transfer.
All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 4:15pm On May 24, 2013
@Blendy77 I love you more than Dad twins does thanks you very much. Am very happy, am feeling as if am already carrying my baby(ies) in my womb.That will be our portion in this forum in Jesus name. Amen
Many good news are coming. by His Grace
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 2:39am On May 25, 2013
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by talura(f): 10:44am On May 26, 2013
Hi everyone, ve been a silent reader for almost a week now. Am in my early 20's(a baby sister to y'all) neither married nor pregnant but I Thank God for the blessings and encouragement this forum has brought to all the previously called "barren" women. I have a sister who has been married since 2006, she's had miscarriages, it was also discovered she had fibroid but could still conceive and house the embryo to term. She was advised by a family member to take "cleanshield" and it only succeeded in making the fibroid bigger and she had to have an emergency op to remove the fibroid january this year. Its my daily prayer that God satisfys her with triplets and her home is not broken. Those that have supportive husbands really are Blessed. The pressure in laws put on wives even add to the pressure of not being able to conceive / carry a baby to term. People have called her witch dt she eats her babies,they have said so many words that the mouth cannot even repeat.. We have continued to pray and believe God that her babies are being made this year.
@ sis bleggy77: your post about rhesus factor and blood thinners is so on point cos many women don't even know what it means or how important it is in conception and being able to carry the child to term. Googled it up and am still amazed at how early detection of a couples rhesus factor can prevent miscarriages and still births, would advice my sister to go for a rhesus test asap, thanks for the info..
Every "sarah" in this forum, God would answer your prayers, HE'll cause your mourning and tears to joy and laughter. Tell him you WON'T let him Go till he gives you your own. Chain prayers go a long way than we all think, Pray for the your neighbour while your neighbour prays for u and let it flow like dt.... I STRONGLY believe my sis would carry her own babies sooner than She thinks. Let's all keep the faith ALIVE!!

Babydusts!! eHugs!!!! Y'all.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 3:26pm On May 26, 2013
@talura, thanks so much. May God bless your big sis soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 3:48pm On May 26, 2013
Yes o, may God who did mine come to ur Sister's aid. Thanks for the support u're giving her. It is well!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iykmau(f): 5:48pm On May 26, 2013
Blenddy77 dear your correct on your advice. If not keeping things away from people and talking hpto God alone i wouldn,t have gotten married . By experience Not only wall that hears even the cloth your putting on and you'll be surprise how manage. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. Im always eager to read from you daily. Regards to the obamas.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 3:42pm On May 27, 2013
hello my peep,i believe we're doing great.pls does anyone know the kind of drugs that is use for clesnsing the system bf starting ivf apart from the prenatal vitamin nd can one use the 2 together? also can one use aspirin during a fet treatment and does taking it really make any difference when ur doctor said all ur test doesnt reveal that u need it,in this case can one still go ahead nd use it even when the doctor said its not neccessary,especially when one has had 2 bfns bf,pls what do u guys think.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 11:28pm On May 27, 2013
@abibyy, hope you aRe doing good? Why don't you try the lemon water detox. I have read its very good. Yes you can take it with your vitamins. Almost all ivf pateint are given baby aspirin as a precaution measure. Especially as you have suffered miscarraiges.
Sisters pls come bail me out if am wrong. You can ask google of the lemon water detox. Wishing you all the luck in the world dear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Xtiana250

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.