Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,038 members, 7,838,598 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? (35453 Views)

She Wants Me To Let Her Date Other Men So She Can.... / 7 Valid Reasons Why Nigerian Men Date Fat Women / Anyone Notice Ethiopian Women Do Not Date Other Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by MrsChima1(f): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2011
Aww Damn!
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by cap28: 8:42pm On Oct 23, 2011
nolongTing:

White men and men of other races see black women as a step down, they also find black women scary with too much social and emotional baggage.  Whereas some black men find White women a step up in class and an enhancement to their social status.  

The truth is black men are seen as the Ultimate male "physically" whilst white women are seen as the "ultimate beauty" this makes black men and white women very attractive to all races.

Unfortunately most black men mistake "physical masculinity" for "real masculinity".

So black women are at the end of the queue when it comes to dating in the western hemisphere. This leaves them with low self-esteem and makes it even more difficult for them to get married.

You sound like you have no self respect or self love and i sincerely pity any black female child that is unfortunate enough to have someone like you as a father.

Are you familiar with social conditioning and brainwashing? you sound like one of these black men who is in the most extreme stages of internalised racism or self hatred.  

Your glorification of white women at the expense of your own women is tragic to behold - is this what you secretely think of your mother - do you see her as unattractive with low self esteem, do you have sisters are these the wise words you impart to them.

The irony of your tragic situation is that you are a victim - your white masters are the main beneficiaries of your self defeating attitude - they are the ones who control the media, advertising , the fashion industry - in a nutshell they are gaming with you without you even being consciously aware that they are doing so, your misplaced vanity has convinced you that all it takes to be a man is to have a big  dic.k and a smile - because that is how the black man is projected by the western media - a sexual savage with zero intelligence and like a fool you have fallen for it thinking that that image does you any favours, at teh same time they have taken the black woman and degraded her by putting the white woman on a pedestal and convinced you taht your own women are worthless - and like a fool you again have bought into that - but heres the secret its being done intentionally TO DESTROY YOU AND YOUR RACE SO THAT YOU CAN NEVER EVER HAVE THE SELF CONFIDENCE TO COMPETE WITH THE WHITE MAN ON ANY LEVEL - the white man has succeeded in taking away your land, your resources, your identity and now he wishes to exterminate you permanently by making your reject your own women - AND YOU'VE FALLEN FOR IT!!!!!

Look around you - who runs the world? the black man or the white man - how many black people do you see in positions of real power in the world?

Keep being a victim of white supremacy.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2011
@merge, who owns them? It takes two to tangle. If I own a club without the exceptional talents, how would I make money?

If white entrepreneurs own these clubs, they need the talents and athleticism of black men to take the sports to greater heights, true or false?

@Linda, I'm not aggressive or egoistic, just pissed you talking rubbish. You just keep repeating yourself and it's getting boring.

You keep going on about science, maths and technology and I don't get it.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2011
stillwater:

Lmao. . .the ultimate black man. White men came to your land, ravaged your resources, took you into slavery, r.aped your women, colonized your people, even still have a strong hold on your resources till date.

Black man where's your breakthrough in the modern era? grin

Talk about being ultimate. . .reduced to gigolos, overpopulating the whole world. cheesy Whorish syndrome. cheesy

When men talk, please keep quiet. You've accomplished nothing.

Let the White, Chinese, Indian talk, not gutter rats who can't even protect their women.

Where were the French, English and Germans ( now world powers) when the Romans enslaved them for 1000s of years?

Empires rise and fall, 2day's slaves might be 2morow's empire.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2011
So many HAPPY,  Ladies wonderful! But you have taken my comments out of context, let me explain once more:

“The truth is black men are seen as the Ultimate male "physically" whilst white women are seen as the "ultimate beauty" this makes black men and white women very attractive to all races.”

Unfortunately most black men mistake "physical masculinity" for "real masculinity".

Why have you ladies ignored the second sentence? [size=18pt]I was talking about PERCEPTIONS[/size] - I explained that to HAPPY lindabon:

Black men mistake “physical prowess” for “real prowess” hence masculinity is based on the amount of resources a man controls not his muscles or joystick.

[size=18pt]  Why have you all ignored that? [/size]
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2011
cap28:

[s]You sound like you have no self respect or self love and i sincerely pity any black female child that is unfortunate enough to have someone like you as a father.

Are you familiar with social conditioning and brainwashing? you sound like one of these black men who is in the most extreme stages of internalised racism or self hatred.  

Your glorification of white women at the expense of your own women is tragic to behold - is this what you secretely think of your mother - do you see her as unattractive with low self esteem, do you have sisters are these the wise words you impart to them.

The irony of your tragic situation is that you are a victim - your white masters are the main beneficiaries of your self defeating attitude - they are the ones who control the media, advertising , the fashion industry - in a nutshell they are gaming with you without you even being consciously aware that they are doing so, your misplaced vanity has convinced you that all it takes to be a man is to have a big  manliness and a smile - because that is how the black man is projected by the western media - a intimate savage with zero intelligence and like a fool you have fallen for it thinking that that image does you any favours, at teh same time they have taken the black woman and degraded her by putting the white woman on a pedestal and convinced you taht your own women are worthless - and like a fool you again have bought into that - but heres the secret its being done intentionally TO DESTROY YOU AND YOUR RACE SO THAT YOU CAN NEVER EVER HAVE THE SELF CONFIDENCE TO COMPETE WITH THE WHITE MAN ON ANY LEVEL - the white man has succeeded in taking away your land, your resources, your identity and now he wishes to exterminate you permanently by making your reject your own women - AND YOU'VE FALLEN FOR IT!!!!!

Look around you - who runs the world? the black man or the white man - how many black people do you see in positions of real power in the world?

[/s]

How sad, you have turned into a stalker  grin grin grin Go and worship Gadaffi you f00l.  You probably think about WHITE SUPREMACY when you are fu.<king! Its ruined you - you are a scared black twit and black women need strong leaders, not little rats like you who curl up in the corner of a room scared that an imaginary white man is hiding in closet and ready to hurt you. 

You talk about being a father how can you raise daughters when you are scared of the white man? You will probably raise black males who see themselves as victims and as a result are excluded from the system - they will become a loser like you.

I Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove my African queens

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-768060.32.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-768060.128.html
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2011
nolongTing:

So many HAPPY,  Ladies wonderful! But you have taken my comments out of context, let me explain once more:

“The truth is black men are seen as the Ultimate male "physically" whilst white women are seen as the "ultimate beauty" this makes black men and white women very attractive to all races.”

Why have you ladies ignored the second sentence? [size=18pt]I was talking about PERCEPTIONS[/size] - I explained that to HAPPY lindabon:

Black men mistake “physical prowess” for “real prowess” hence masculinity is based on the amount of resources a man controls not his muscles or joystick.

[size=18pt]  Why have you all ignored that? [/size]

Because they dumb, loud, militant, aggressive and single. lol

Linda keeps talking about egoism and she keeps going on and on about it.

She even lied by saying black women suffer the worst form of domestic violence, go Saudi Arabia or go them Arab countries, you gonna see women executed, beheaded for being accused of minor crimes.  

Black men for Millennia have created a just, equal and fair society for black women and yet you feel they suffer the worst form of abuse?

Yoruba Kingdoms have always included their women in their politics ( IYA OLOJA, IYA ode) so that women's voices can be heard in the palace, yet you come up by saying black women are the most abused?

Even your so called 'good white Caucasians' didn't allow their women to vote until 1918 or thereabout, talk-less of allowing them to sit in the Parliament.

Some English kings have beheaded their Queens countless times for her not bearing him a male child, yet to you, they are your 'Ultimate, apha, intelligent' males,

I will post this video of a Persian man, he was singing and his wife joined him in the song. The man stood up and beat his wife senselessly. What was her offence?

Just because she joined him singing the song.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2011
black women are a step down? oh really?!  cheesy cheesy

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYkBpKdWUnQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]
^^ an exception as unlike the u.s. in the caribbean black women
have been I.R. dating for centuries. but still. . . tongue tongue grin

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOAW4SH-2Vk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqGuq_MIy2w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzRnePStQNE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iPGTbB5RQQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as2zHBlhYhw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]
(^^ Jamo and P.R./D.R. couple. .altho (puerto rican/dominicans
have black in them. . .still  tongue tongue grin)

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3MUBWbBe0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLOQ-uXqfN4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eORd854fX_c?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1adUb90u9_Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8CsK3TedFM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSnObhcYYCc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

should i post more? i thought not. im sure your blood pressure went sky high after the first damn video!
don't fuhck around. don't play yourselves black men. we are loyal to you because of personal choice.
keep running your mouths.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2011
obo_man:

Because they dumb, loud, militant, aggressive and single. lol 

Linda keeps talking about egoism and she keeps going on and on about it. 

She even lied by saying black women suffer the worst form of domestic violence, go Saudi Arabia or go them Arab countries, you gonna see women executed, beheaded for being accused of minor crimes.  

Black men for Millennia have created a just, equal and fair society for black women and yet you feel they suffer the worst form of abuse?

Yoruba Kingdoms have always included their women in their politics ( IYA OLOJA, IYA ode) so that women's voices can be heard in the palace, yet you come up by saying black women are the most abused?

Even your so called 'good white Caucasians' didn't allow their women to vote until 1918 or thereabout, talk-less of allowing them to sit in the Parliament.

Some English kings have beheaded their Queens countless times for her not bearing him a male child, yet to you, they are your 'Ultimate, apha, intelligent' males, 

I will post this video of a Persian man, he was singing and his wife joined him in the song. The man stood up and beat his wife senselessly. What was her offence? 

Just because she joined him singing the song.

I see where you are coming from, the western world has demonised black men and women and as a result there is no respect for one another. Black men on the other hand are portrayed as these physical gods with no brain. The blackwomen are more educated than the black men and as a result find it hard to find a suitable husband.

In Africa its a different ball game, the ladies are taught to respect the men and men are taught to take care of their responsibilities.

And when it comes to yoruba culture you are right women are respected even our names are unisex and men and women are referred to in the same manner there are no masculine or feminine words. There is so much we can learn from our African culture rather than reacting to the way the WHITE media portrays us.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by emofine(f): 9:50pm On Oct 23, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

should i post more? i thought not. im sure your blood pressure went sky high after the first damn video!
don't fuhck around. don't play yourselves black men. we are loyal to you because of personal choice.

The difference is that we don't largely flaunt or advertise our own as if we've achieved something worthwhile. . .
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by InkedNerd(f): 9:54pm On Oct 23, 2011
stillwater:

Lmao. . .the ultimate black man. White men came to your land, ravaged your resources, took you into slavery, r.aped your women, colonized your people, even still have a strong hold on your resources till date.

Talk about being ultimate. . .reduced to gigolos, overpopulating the whole world. cheesy Whorish syndrome. cheesy

Let the White, Chinese, Indian talk, not gutter rats who can't even protect their women.

stillwater:

cap28:

I find it really sickening when some lowlife black men try to bring decent black men down to their level by claiming that black women are the least desired women - according to who ? first of all the only kind of black men who regurgitate this filth are neutered black men who have been beaten down by a system designed to destroy them and programmed to make them hate themselves, every self respecting black man who grew up in a decent home surrounded by decent black women will honour and respect any black woman he later meets in life, the only black men who treat their own women with contempt are these pathetic wasters who have been told time and time again that black = worthless, in a bid to cover up their agonising feelings of self hatred they try to take out their agony on the easiest targets they can find - black women.

My advice to these kind of black men - is please stop pedalling this lie - it was created by the white man in order to encourage more self hating blacks to stop procreating with their own women and therefore comitt race suicide.  Do you see men of other races referring to their own women as being the least desirable, i can assure you that you attract nothing but contempt and derision from men of other races who already look at the entire black race as a race of failures, this disgusting attitude is exactly what your detractors want you to do - most white people do not have anything positive to say about blacks and this type of behaviour only gives them more ammunition to convince themselves that they are superior to us.  We need to behave like the chinese, japanese, greeks and indians who respect their women.  European women are a dime a dozen and the low grade ones - which are usually the ones most black men are able to get are not even regarded by their own men as desirable anymore hence the major shift by white european men from dating them to dating and marrying  south east asian women.

cap28:

You sound like you have no self respect or self love and i sincerely pity any black female child that is unfortunate enough to have someone like you as a father.

The irony of your tragic situation is that you are a victim - your white masters are the main beneficiaries of your self defeating attitude - they are the ones who control the media, advertising , the fashion industry - in a nutshell they are gaming with you without you even being consciously aware that they are doing so, your misplaced vanity has convinced you that all it takes to be a man is to have a big  manliness and a smile - because that is how the black man is projected by the western media - a intimate savage with zero intelligence and like a fool you have fallen for it thinking that that image does you any favours, at teh same time they have taken the black woman and degraded her by putting the white woman on a pedestal and convinced you taht your own women are worthless - and like a fool you again have bought into that - but heres the secret its being done intentionally TO DESTROY YOU AND YOUR RACE SO THAT YOU CAN NEVER EVER HAVE THE SELF CONFIDENCE TO COMPETE WITH THE WHITE MAN ON ANY LEVEL - the white man has succeeded in taking away your land, your resources, your identity and now he wishes to exterminate you permanently by making your reject your own women - AND YOU'VE FALLEN FOR IT!!!!!

You guys are one of the few people on this thread who are making sense kiss

MsDarkSkin:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYkBpKdWUnQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]
^^ an exception as unlike the u.s. in the caribbean black women
have been I.R. dating for centuries. but still. . . tongue tongue grin

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOAW4SH-2Vk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqGuq_MIy2w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzRnePStQNE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iPGTbB5RQQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as2zHBlhYhw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]
(^^ Jamo and P.R./D.R. couple. .altho (puerto rican/dominicans
have black in them. . .still  tongue tongue grin)

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3MUBWbBe0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLOQ-uXqfN4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eORd854fX_c?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1adUb90u9_Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8CsK3TedFM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSnObhcYYCc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0[/flash]

Girl, I've seen a lot of these videos before. I'm glad you're postin' 'em.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 23, 2011
emofine:

The difference is that we don't largely flaunt or advertise our own as if we've achieved something worthwhile. . .

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

So many black women sporting wedding bands given by their non black
husbands shake their head in shame and hilarity at these bozos thinking
they've 'taught' us some sort of 'lesson'. It's COMEDY!!  grin grin

The media is out to do what is does best and that is put someone on blast.
If its not black men as being criminals, it's black women as being undesirable which
is a proven lie. We just don't organize parades about our interracial dating to prove
some shallow point.

@ inked no problem. and theres plenty more. cheesy
im also loving how two guys have logged off as soon as i posted the videos  grin grin
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2011
Black men even worship and revere their goddesses, and yet you feel black women are the most abused?

My great-granddad worship Shango and Oya ( beautiful black  goddess) and yet you feel black men treat you like shet?

The imported religion ( Islam and Christianity) that your 'ultimate alpha white men and Arabs' brought to us, I ask you, how many of their texts represents woman as goddesses or people of importance?

If a black man can't take care of his family or walks out on his family, he would be called to order ( by members of his extended family). If your so- called 'good Caucasian man' walks away from his family, the society is so messed up that no one gives a fucck,

Yet 1 ignoromous is here calling a society black men have created for Millennia to look after our affairs ( including that of our wives) rubbish and abusive.

I swear, black women have always had it so nice in black societies and are still having it nicely. You lots, Merge, Inked, and Linda are just ungrateful lots,  undecided undecided undecided undecided .
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2011
obo_man:

Black men even worship and revere their goddesses, and yet you feel black women are the most abused?

My great-granddad worship Shango and Oya ( beautiful black  goddess) and yet you feel black men treat you like shet?

The imported religion ( Islam and Christianity) that your 'ultimate alpha white men and Arabs' brought to us, I ask you, how many of their texts represents woman as goddesses or people of importance?

If a black man can't take care of his family or walks out on his family, he would be called to order ( by members of his extended family). If your so- called 'good Caucasian man' walks away from his family, the society is so messed up that no one gives a fucck,

Yet 1 ignoromous is here calling a society black men have created for Millennia to look after our affairs ( including that of our wives) rubbish and abusive.

I swear, black women have always had it so nice in black societies and are still having it nicely. You lots, Merge, Inked, and Linda are just ungrateful lots,  undecided undecided undecided undecided .

Thats right!

YEMANYA is the feminine principle in the universe. She is the mother of all. She rules over gestation, pregnancy, fertility, abundance and life. She rules over the top life-giving layers of the ocean and is the female aspect of the ORISA OLOKUN. She is one of the most powerful and important ORISA for the followers of traditional AFrican religion in the western hemisphere. She is the ultimate nurturing force, the wife and consort of OBATALA. While OBATALA is the force and authority, YEMANYA is the source that gives life. The two are inseparable.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by emofine(f): 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2011
obo_man:
I swear, black women have always had it so nice in black societies and are still having it nicely.

na so? shocked shocked shocked

I no fit shout oh! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by ektbear: 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2011
obo_man:

I swear, black women have always had it so nice in black societies and are still having it nicely. You lots, Merge, Inked, and Linda are just ungrateful lots,   undecided undecided undecided undecided .

Hmmm!

Now this is a pretty damn good argument.

Let's see if anyone can debunk it.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2011

OYA/YANSA is the ORISA of change. She rules over tornadoes and lightening. Like those powerful natural forces, she can turn whatever she wishes upside down and inside out. She is the ORISA of revolutionary change. It is said that when she begins to dance, she twirls like a tornado and on her skirt are tiny mirrors that force you to look at yourself. She is one of SANGO's three wives and is a fierce warrior. She is equal to SANGO in battle and is his closes companion. OYA/YANSA rules over the cemeteries.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2011
LMAO@ as if worshipping black female deities have stopped even African men from bashing their own women.

shall I post the "anti naija/black women" threads on here ladies? grin grin
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by InkedNerd(f): 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2011
emofine:

na so? shocked shocked shocked

I no fit shout oh! lipsrsealed

Girl, get your shout on. You know some people on this thread have been sippin' stüpid juice tongue
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hmmm!

Now this is a pretty damn good argument.

Let's see if anyone can debunk it.

yep, they simply can't deal with it wink
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2011
grin grin

amazing how attitudes have suddenly changed.
i could have sworn two guys in particular were practically
gloating in their admiration by white women as black men
but as soon as the sisters come with facts and videos,
it's "we've always loved you!! you ungrateful women!"  grin grin
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2011
oh well, some black females simply love WAR thats why they remain single, lonely and bitter what a tragedy grin grin grin The slight mention of a white woman is like a slap in their face - inferiority complex.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2011
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by ektbear: 10:21pm On Oct 23, 2011
nolongTing:

yep, they simply can't deal with it wink

Abi o

I don't see either of them dealing with the points he makes
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by emofine(f): 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

grin grin

amazing how attitudes have suddenly changed.
i could have sworn two guys in particular were practically
gloating in their admiration by white women as black men
but as soon as the sisters come with facts and videos,
it's "we've always loved you!! you ungrateful women!"  grin grin

lol

I can't believe some people will even see it as a matter of pride that some people of another race want them solely for sex. If it was for their business acumen etc then  I could possibly understand why their egos are bloated but for some to pride themselves because ultimately women from other races view them as a quick lay is something quite bizarre and frankly embarrassing in my opinion.  
The women who "want" these black ashawo males are doing a service to black women. . .they are the waste collectors of our race. . .remain blessed, we are forever grateful cool
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by ektbear: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2011
Omarosa is a sexy chick.

White man cannot handle her.

In fact most black dudes cannot handle her.

I can handle her though smiley
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2011
Yoruba Goddesses. . .

and yet. . .

The status of women

Yoruba women are both autonomous and subordinate to men. Autonomy arises through a fairly rigid sexual division of labour, which excludes women from most agricultural work, and means that traditional women work independently of their husbands and not jointly or cooperatively with them (Lloyd 1974, 37-38). Although a woman traditionally expects her husband to provide her with capital to start trading or to establish her craft, she is her own supervisor. Income derived from her labour is her own - to spend on herself and her children, after fulfilling her obligations to share in purchasing food, clothing, and sundries.

. . . .

The Western concept of the full-time housewife, who earns no income, is alien to Yoruba tradition, although women in urban areas who cannot find employment do become housewives, and the concept itself has been introduced by Christianity and Islam. In our sample, 10 per cent of mothers of two-year-olds described themselves as "housewives," but only 1 per cent reported earning no income. In Olusanya's study (1981), 34 per cent of the low-income and 15 per cent of the �lite group described themselves as fulltime housewives (after reassigning women who identified themselves as both housewives and income earners to a non-housewife category).

In our sample, the mean ratio of father's contribution to food expenditure to the mother's income was 1:8 for the urban, 1:3 for the semi-rural, and 1:17 for the small rural sample. The lower contribution of women among the semirural may reflect their separation from rural agricultural production and from the major urban markets. Husbands and wives traditionally do not pool their finances. On the death of spouses, their individual property does not pass to each other, unless they have been married in the church (Fadipe 1970, 140146). In everyday life, each spouse comes and goes by himself/ herself, without necessarily telling the other one where he or she is going, although wives are expected to announce their intentions more frequently than husbands (Aronson 1980,115).

Despite women's autonomy, however, many aspects of the social system give men greater seniority and control than women. Men are permitted several wives, but women may have only one husband. According to the terms of traditional agriculture, the man controlled the farm labour of his sons by all wives until the time of their marriage. Moreover, according to traditional marriage conventions, a new wife was junior not only to her husband but to all of his lineage members born before the date of her marriage (Fadipe 1970, 114).[b] She was also a subordinate in the domestic domain, where much unpaid labour was expected of her from her husband and his extended family. Young urban wives now prefer living away from their husbands' families because they no longer are willing to take so subservient a part in family life - being subject to running errands at any time, and shopping, fetching water, and cooking for the older women. [/b]Urbanism, education, and adherence to Christianity - with monogamy as its marriage tenet - have given women some measure of freedom from the control of the extended family.

Women's economic enterprises typically have been smaller in scale and subordinate to those of men. Despite very high female participation in petty trade, the trading structure has always been stratified to the relative disadvantage of women, with men in charge of most major longdistance trading enterprises. In addition, women were traditionally excluded from most, but not all, traditional political offices (Afonja 1990).

According to Afonja (1990), the Yoruba ideology of kinship and marriage, which operates to the disadvantage of women and which is relatively impervious to change, has greatly influenced the effects of modernization. Women have been denied access to, or control of, the new means of earning income introduced through contact with the West, and their relative position has deteriorated progressively since this contact began. Proportionately fewer girls than boys have attended school or studied to the higher levels. In our sample, the mean years of schooling for the fathers was 6.7, with 25 per cent having completed secondary and 10 per cent not having attended school. Corresponding figures for the mothers were 4.3 years, and 11 per cent and 35 per cent. Beginning with the slave trade, and increasingly thereafter with the introduction of coffee and cocoa, gender inequality among the Yoruba was intensified through increased male control over critical resources. Ye there have been counter-currents to this trend during the giddy years of the petroleum "oil boom," in which women competed and sometimes succeeded in landing bigger oil contracts than did men (Babatunde 1992).

Men used precapitalist systems of control to monopolize the technology, the new knowledge, and the products of capitalistic production of export commodities (Afonja 1990). Women were easy targets for "peasantization" and "proletarianization." With cash cropping, some women have entered commercial farming, but more have been co-opted to work on their husbands' cash crops, to their husbands' financial benefit and to the disadvantage of their own incomegenerating activities. Children's school attendance increases the women's work and financial burden. In short, Afonja states that the rubric of joint financial support for the household remains superimposed on a structure that denies women control of the most critical resources in modern capitalist society.

According to Afonja (199O), the nature-culture mystique for explaining gender inequality is relevant to the Yoruba view of women. This model holds that women are closer to nature by virtue of biological reproduction and that men, as creators of culture, are inherently superior because culture is superior to nature.

PERHAPS it's my being a western woman that causes me to raise an eye brow. . .who knows. but errrm. . . tongue
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2011
Its funny how these insecure black ladies post and ignore videos of cheap black women chasing after White, Chinese, Arab - anything but a black man; bragging about it on the internet but will be so quick to put down black men who do the same.  This double standard is a clearly a sign of low-self esteem.   grin grin grin grin grin They cannot wait to attack and argue with a black man - and they wonder why marriage eludes them. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2011
nolongTing:

OYA/YANSA is the ORISA of change. She rules over tornadoes and lightening. Like those powerful natural forces, she can turn whatever she wishes upside down and inside out. She is the ORISA of revolutionary change. It is said that when she begins to dance, she twirls like a tornado and on her skirt are tiny mirrors that force you to look at yourself. She is one of SANGO's three wives and is a fierce warrior. She is equal to SANGO in battle and is his closes companion. OYA/YANSA rules over the cemeteries.

You can see for yourself that that was in the past before the Whites came in, colonized you and now you degrade your women.
I thank God for the kind of parents most of us have, that demeaning comments that has been said here did not push us to bleaching our skins.
Many women do not have an issue with a black man dating a different race, but to call your own race derogatory names in the process. I will not take it from anybody. Imagine bringing up a daughter in this situation?
Can't you date without bringing down your own woman?
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Omarosa is a sexy chick.

White man cannot handle her.

In fact most black dudes cannot handle her.

I can handle her though smiley

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by InkedNerd(f): 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2011
stillwater:

You can see for yourself that that was in the past before the Whites came in, colonized you and now you degrade your women.
I thank God for the kind of parents most of us have, that demeaning comments that has been said here did not push us to bleaching our skins.
Many women do not have an issue with a black man dating a different race, but to call your own race derogatory names in the process. I will not take it from anybody. Imagine bringing up a daughter in this situation?

Preach!! smiley
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by nolongTing: 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2011
stillwater:

What are you talking about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Is It So Hard To Find A Caring, Supportive, Loving Boyfriend Nowadays? / Men, Do Not Lose A Good Woman!!! / Why Do Girls Suddenly Want To Settle Down When We Meet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.