Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? (35423 Views)

She Wants Me To Let Her Date Other Men So She Can.... / 7 Valid Reasons Why Nigerian Men Date Fat Women / Anyone Notice Ethiopian Women Do Not Date Other Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2011
I have been in UK for quite a few years and any time I see interracial kids of black ancestry, it's their dads that are usually black. When you look at Black football players and celebrities, their wives and girlfriends are usually white.
I have seen white men dating black women, but it's a rare occurrence. I have hardly seen a successful white man ( be it in Hollywood, sport or politics) that is engaged to a black woman. What could be the reasons?
I personally feel one reason could be because it is only a black man that can effectively handle a black woman or maybe white men find black women unattractive compared to their white women.

I'm just puzzled and I want comments and contribution. I have no qualms seeing black women date other races, in fact I'm happy seeing it. I only get jealous when she is super hot ( imagine the sight of Beyonce dating a white man), That is when I get jealous and angry, but still, it's cool by me.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2011
I really could care less what the reason is, all I know is that everyone have different taste.

For me, I have no freaking reason not to date a white man. As long as he is what I am looking for in a man, be it white or black, I will go for it. Matter of fact, I have dated a white guy before.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2011
obo_man:

I have been in UK for quite a few years and any time I see interracial kids of black ancestry, it's their dads that are usually black. When you look at Black football players and celebrities, their wives and girlfriends are usually white.
I have seen white men dating black women, but it's a rare occurrence. I have hardly seen a successful white man ( be it in Hollywood, sport or politics) that is engaged to a black woman. What could be the reasons?
I personally feel one reason could be because it is only a black man that can effectively handle a black woman or maybe white men find black women unattractive compared to their white women.

I'm just puzzled and I want comments and contribution. I have no qualms seeing black women date other races, in fact I'm happy seeing it. I only get jealous when she is super hot ( imagine the sight of Beyonce dating a white man), That is when I get jealous and angry, but still, it's cool by me.

they date black women behind the scene, or when they start aging and needs a comfort of an african queen, dont ask me how i know, hehehe

1 Like

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Cuddlemii: 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2011
I thought I commented on a similar thread yesterday. People should learn to recycle topics and comment on them. Creating a dummy or duplicate or synonymous thread is so tiring & tasking.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by coogar: 10:07pm On Oct 21, 2011
obo_man:

it's a no brainer -
black men are more desirable and there is a huge demand for them by the women of the other races.
same cannot be said about black women. a certain oriental professor did some spastic research few months ago but he lost his job when he concluded black women are less attractive than their counterparts!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2011
^^^That's a foolish assumption.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by coogar: 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2011
stillwater:

^^^That's a foolish assumption.

foolish assumption?
who assumed and what's foolish? oh - because you are a black woman?? grin cheesy
when was the last time a caucasian male walked up to you to check you out?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Freiburger(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2011
SILLY THREAD
signed by
Freiburger.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2011
Other races would likely stick to their kind, but black men appear to do anyone, no taste in particular. Not black women's fault.
Now for a black man to quote what a dude has assumed based on some cheesy research is quite foolish. Understand the dynamics of research before quoting.
Doesn't make you come across as smart.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by coogar: 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2011
stillwater:

Other races would likely stick to their kind, but black men appear to do anyone, no taste in particular. Not black women's fault.

unrepentant racist!
other races sticking to their kind my arse. so are the black men forcing the women they are marrying into marriage? if other races are sticking to their kind, then the women of the other races won't be with the black men, would they?

Now for a black man to quote what a dude has assumed based on some cheesy research is quite foolish. Understand the dynamics of research before quoting. Doesn't make you come across as smart.

he did not assume, the research was thorough and he came out with his findings which you black women disapprove because it pierced your [i]malu [/i]egos. it's a no brainer - black women are on the lower rung of the ladder. we black men just dey manage to date you folks with your nappy head with horrible knots and disgusting body odours. sheeesh!

now scram!!!
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2011
coogar:

unrepentant racist!
other races sticking to their kind my arse. so are the black men forcing the women they are marrying into marriage? if other races are sticking to their kind, then the women of the other races won't be with the black men, would they?

Puerile outburst!!!
You can ask other men who they prefer. They prefer their own women. Black men would do anyone. An Arab would most likely prefer his woman, same as an Indian, Caucasian, etc. I can see it's hard for you to admit it. I understand. I would be if I am deemed as the most tasteless of my class. grin

he did not assume, the research was thorough and he came out with his findings which you black women disapprove because it pierced your [i]malu [/i]egos. it's a no brainer - black women are on the lower rung of the ladder. we black men just dey manage to date you folks with your nappy head with horrible knots and disgusting body odours. sheeesh!

now scram!!!

A research that was debunked by people who can distinguish science from mere soliloquy that managed to be put into writing? grin You'd better be conversant with what's current. Life lesson 101. You scram. . .you are obviously not on my level. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2011
Talking about nappy hair, as if the hair growing on his anvil shaped head are flowing blond locks. Buhaha. Onyeara. Roflmao.

See what colonization has reduced the black man to.  grin He insults his mother in the process buhahaha. grin grin grin Nwa mkpi.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2011
im just not interested.
Same applies to black men.
some do some don't.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by coogar: 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2011
stillwater:

Puerile outburst!!!
You can ask other men who they prefer. They prefer their own women. Black men would do anyone. An Arab would most likely prefer his woman, same as an Indian, Caucasian, etc. I can see it's hard for you to admit it. I understand. I would be if I am deemed as the most tasteless of my class. grin

they prefer their own women cos their own women are better. can you not see the point? why would brad pitt come to nigeria to marry ini edo?
think about it! but seal can go out there and find himself a delicious white woman, same as djimon hounsou. grin cheesy

A research that was debunked by people who can distinguish science from mere soliloquy that managed to be put into writing. grin You'd better be conversant with what's current. Life lesson 101. You scram. . .you are obviously not on my level. grin

you need deliverance!
a well-learned professor put himself the rigours of extensive research and came out with something we black men can relate with and you got him out of job for it. if his findings went the other way, i doubt the white folks would raise any eyebrow. another evidence that black people are full of drama. grin

stillwater:

Talking about nappy hair, as if the hair growing on his anvil shaped head are flowing blond locks. Buhaha. Onyeara. Roflmao.
See what colonization has reduced the black man to.  grin He insults his mother in the process [/b]buhahaha. grin grin grin Nwa mkpi.

ahhhh, the irony!

stillwater:

Other races would likely stick to their kind, [b]but black men appear to do anyone, no taste in particular.
Not black women's fault.
Now for a black man to quote what a dude has assumed based on some cheesy research is quite foolish. Understand the dynamics of research before quoting.
Doesn't make you come across as smart.

who were you insulting in the emboldened words? your uncle? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by iice(f): 3:30am On Oct 22, 2011
obo_man:

Robert De Niro is married to a black woman.
Just as David Bowie is married to Iman.

I think there are many factors.
There is choice, there is perception and misconceptions, there is experience etc etc.

I'm like Rokiatu, not particularly picky with race, it's already difficult finding someone who even is in the same mental/emotional plane as i am, i go add color coding to am? I already have problems with the species grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by lepasharon(f): 4:33am On Oct 22, 2011
because BLACK WOMEN ARE NT ATTRACTED TO WHITE MEN! smiley

THEY ARE EFFEMINATE
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by tpia5: 4:44am On Oct 22, 2011
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by claremont(m): 9:15am On Oct 22, 2011
coogar:

it's a no brainer -
black men are more desirable and there is a huge demand for them by the women of the other races.
same cannot be said about black women. [size=14pt]a certain oriental professor did some spastic research few months ago but he lost his job when he concluded black women are less attractive than their counterparts![/size]
True that!
I have read that research, and it makes a whole lot of sense. It's funny that the people who had a knee-jerk reaction to the man's work never even bothered to read it before playing the racism card.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by ektbear: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2011
Black women should date other races imo.

Would give them more options.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by emofine(f): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2011
obo_man:

Wait a minute. . .is there a competition between black women and black men to see who dates out of their "race" more? grin
If black women do not date white men in high occurrence is that even a cause of concern or does the frequency in which a person dates outside their perimeter prove such a person to be desirable?

I don't know maybe demographics plays a part i.e. there could be a higher concentration of white women but ultimately it boils down to choice because you could have also studied the situation from the other side and asked "or maybe black women find white men unattractive compared to black men"

comparing dating patterns of men and women is slightly ambiguous because they both date for different reasons even within the same group.

. . . anyway it's mainly to do with choice methinks.

lol but why would you get jealous when she has no attachment to you?

I really don't understand why some persons of the same "race" will jealous another stranger for dating their counterpart whom is likely to be anonymous to them.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by emofine(f): 11:12am On Oct 22, 2011
coogar:
a certain oriental professor did some spastic research few months ago but he lost his job when he concluded black women are less attractive than their counterparts!

grin

claremont:

True that!
I have read that research, and it makes a whole lot of sense. It's funny that the people who had a knee-jerk reaction to the man's work never even bothered to read it before playing the racism card.

I don't understand why people will adhere to clearly biased research which claims black woman are unattractive? First of all beauty is subjective so cannot be measured by science and why would some allow themselves to be dictated to by an Asian man of all people whether them or their counterparts are indeed desirable or not?

Please let's just be wise because if we were to adhere to all these racial research apparently black people have less IQ or a smaller brain . . . why do many of these research usually reflect negatively on black people? People just want to justify their stereotypes. It's not everything in the name of science that must be swallowed without questioning.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by coogar: 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2011
emofine:

I don't understand why people will adhere to clearly biased research which claims black woman are unattractive? First of all beauty is subjective so cannot be measured by science and why would some allow themselves to be dictated to by an Asian man of all people whether them or their counterparts are indeed desirable or not?

Please let's just be wise because if we were to adhere to all these racial research apparently black people have less IQ or a smaller brain . . . why do many of these research usually reflect negatively on black people? People just want to justify their stereotypes. It's not everything in the name of science that must be swallowed without questioning.

this is where you guys got it wrong.
his research did not say black women are unattractive - his research found out black women are less attractive.
the fact that genevieve is less attractive than halle berry does not make genevieve unattractive or ugly.

it's just that more men would chase after halle than genevieve.
unattractive and less attractive are 2 different issues.
but trust black people to read it upside down and flash the race card.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Kutey: 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2011
Coogar,

You are a d isgusting piece of s h 1t shocked wow. No wonder black people will never progress. Black man opening his mouth to insult the generations of women that have unfortunately brought him to earth. What a waste of space.

A white guy approached me yesterday and after dancing with him he actually asked me 'do you find me cute'? I know someone like you will never go out with someone like me?. He was cute. I work with guys mostly white and they ALWAYS check me out even the married ones.
Lots of black women are wising up and dating outside their race trust me. One guy in the office is absolutely distraught as his wife has just left him. He is english, she is nigerian. Got her indefinite leave to remain and bounced.

I have loads of white male friends and they mostly say its the first step of approaching a black woman they find challenging.

Black men suffer from incredibly low self esteem and feel the only way to be acceptable is to go white and insult their own race. If white women like you so much, list successful white women that married a black man please.
Seal was more successful than heidi Klum when they married. She was pregnant with another man's baby when he met her. Briatore the father's child rejected her as she thought getting pregnant for a billionaire was a smart move after few months together. Briatore said the love of his life was Naomi Campbell. Guess what, a black woman. They were together years but he never convinced her to marry him.
Another example is Kim Kardashien. Lol. Sucking a black mans d 1c k made her who she is today and till now only black men would have her. White women only pick black men that are better than them.

When the guys in UK (I don't know about the US as the girls there seem to take care of themselves more) tell you how great their white chick is ask them where does she work? Does she have a degree? Most are on benefits, low achieving, jobless and uneducated. And fat.
All the mixed kids in this country more often than not grew up without their black father. Black men rarely man up to their responsibilities, so its only the lowest class of the white population that will mix.

Do you choose to believe only the studies you want? Lets accept the conclusions of the guy about black women being less attractive. What about the fact that black men are by far the lowest achieving ethnic minority? The most prone to aggressive behavior, violence, mental issues? The most likely to end up in jail? I for one refuse to believe these statistics. Circumstances, nurture, people around us make us who we are.

Please don't get me wrong, attraction is attraction and you can fall in love with anyone any race. But you do not insult your own racee. Imagine a black man saying a black woman has nappy hair? You forget you will still give birth to nigg ers (oh, or you thought the world will accept your kids as white) and just hope especially your daughter never gets to know what daddy thinks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by emofine(f): 1:26pm On Oct 22, 2011
coogar:

this is where you guys got it wrong.
his research did not say black women are unattractive - his research found out black women are less attractive.

Well I stand corrected then, at least now I feel vindicated in the knowledge that some Asian man's research concluded that black women aren't unattractive but less attractive on the whole.
Least attractive of all races equals what exactly?. . .the ugliest (let's not use euphemisms to cushion his account) in the bunch so it doesn't dilute whatever message he was trying to relay.
But thank goodness his research ranked Black men the highest in terms of desirability and Asian men the lowest to eliminate all doubt of bias whatsoever and for some black men to tell black women that the list is impartial thus no need to object - the sad irony is that some of these men will likely produce daughters which this man's research considers "less attractive"

Coogar, so those who have also "researched" and claimed that Black people have the smallest brain and lowest IQ are not at all trying to say blacks are dumb but that blacks are the dumbest instead - how most certainly noble of them to render such a qualitative statement.

the fact that genevieve is less attractive than halle berry does not make genevieve unattractive or ugly.
it's just that more men would chase after halle than genevieve.
unattractive and less attractive are 2 different issues.

There is no fact when it comes to beauty, maybe most popular/likely choice is how people measure beauty because it is also a "fact" that some find Genevieve to be more beautiful than Halle.
facts and opinions are two different concepts.

but trust black people to read it upside down and flash the race card.

"race card"? the man was trying to measure beauty/desirability of each race correlating to genders so when one of the variables in this "spastic research" is "race" I thus wonder how that subject could be made redundant when one decides to dissect the motive behind such pseudo experiment.

. . .and lastly I don't need a research to inform me that Black men are indeed the most attractive males of all "races" when my personal thoughts are governed by such notion yet I understand my views doesn't necessarily correlate with that of my neighbours because beauty is ultimately subjective.
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by coogar: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2011
emofine:

Well I stand corrected then, at least now I feel vindicated in the knowledge that some Asian man's research concluded that black women aren't unattractive but less attractive on the whole.
Least attractive of all races equals what exactly?. . .the ugliest (let's not use euphemisms to cushion his account) in the bunch so it doesn't dilute whatever message he was trying to relay.

he wasn't trying to relay any message. it was just a research but people got hyper about it.

But thank goodness his research ranked Black men the highest in terms of desirability and Asian men the lowest to eliminate all doubt of bias whatsoever and for some black men to tell black women that the list is impartial thus no need to object - the sad irony is that some of these men will likely produce daughters which this man's research considers "less attractive"

you are very correct. some of these men will likely produce daughters that are less attractive provided the genes of the other partner(the black woman) is dominant. at least, according to darwin's theory - this is very possible.

Coogar, so those who have also "researched" and claimed that Black people have the smallest brain and lowest IQ are not at all trying to say blacks are dumb but that blacks are the dumbest instead - how most certainly noble of them to render such a qualitative statement.

smallest brain and lowest iq is quite possible!
considering the number of impoverished people in africa with malnourished brain development. it's quite possible.

There is no fact when it comes to beauty, maybe most popular/likely choice is how people measure beauty because it is also a "fact" that some find Genevieve to be more beautiful than Halle.
facts and opinions are two different concepts.

of course, some people will find genevieve more beautiful than halle. . . . .but if you line up all the men in the world to choose. . . .more men would prefer halle berry to genevieve. it does not make genevieve ugly - she's just less attractive in the grand scheme of things. we could both score As in an exam but with you getting 2 more marks than i did. it does not mean i failed, i only get less marks than you did.

"race card"? the man was trying to measure beauty/desirability of each race correlating to genders so when one of the variables in this "spastic research" is "race" I thus wonder how that subject could be made redundant when one decides to dissect the motive behind such pseudo experiment.

if his findings favoured you as a black woman, i doubt you would be this bothered.
emofine, confess! grin

. . .and lastly I don't need a research to inform me that Black men are indeed the most attractive males of all "races" when my personal thoughts are governed by such notion yet I understand my views doesn't necessarily correlate with that of my neighbours because beauty is ultimately subjective.

if anyone tells you beauty is ultimately subjective then such person is not beautiful!
there's no thin line between beauty and ugliness. we can have a bit of ambiguity deciding who is more beautiful when judging 2 pretty women - but nobody in this world would choose whoopi goldberg ahead of genevieve nnaji - not even a blind man!
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
emofine:

Wait a minute. . .is there a competition between black women and black men to see who dates out of their "race" more? grin
If black women do not date white men in high occurrence is that even a cause of concern or does the frequency in which a person dates outside their perimeter prove such a person to be desirable?

I don't know maybe demographics plays a part i.e. there could be a higher concentration of white women but ultimately it boils down to choice because you could have also studied the situation from the other side and asked "or maybe black women find white men unattractive compared to black men"

comparing dating patterns of men and women is slightly ambiguous because they both date for different reasons even within the same group.

. . . anyway it's mainly to do with choice methinks.

lol but why would you get jealous when she has no attachment to you?

I really don't understand why some persons of the same "race" will jealous another stranger for dating their counterpart whom is likely to be anonymous to them.

Yes, I why won't I feel jealous? All black women are my sisters, lol, I can't imagine the sight of a super-hot black woman getting pounded by a white man. It shouldn't happen because I think only black man deserves that, not dem white dudes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by MMM2(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2011
op i nyash anything nyashable wink fork tribe angry
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by InkedNerd(f): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2011
obo_man:

Yes, I why won't I feel jealous? All black women are my sisters, lol,  I can't imagine the sight of a super-hot black woman getting pounded by a white man. It shouldn't happen because I think only black man deserves that, not dem white dudes.

But it's ok when a "super hot Black man" does the same with a white woman?
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

But it's ok when a "super hot Black man" does the same with a white woman?

Well, for men it's okay. For women, it's bizarre. Black men are the 'alpha males' of all races so i personally think black women shouldn't look elsewhere ( esp when they are super sexy).
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2011
Another reason White men don't often go for black women could be the 'nature of the black woman'. Let me explain.

Black women are tough, resolute and sometimes defiant. For example, for black men that have dated white women in the past, you can tell her to do almost anything and she will. The same doesn't apply to black women.

Now, imagine a White man that has the option to choose either a white woman ( that he can easily approach and control ) and a black woman ( that is tough, doesn't take shet, and sometimes stubborn), it's a no brainer that he is gonna have preference for the white woman.

I love black women, they are adorable, but you have to be a real man to be able to handle them and put them in their place. I personally don't feel white men are ready for that stress, and besides, they have their fellow white women at their disposal.

In summary, it all boils down to control, which is more or less controllable. I personally would like a tough woman for wifey in the long-run but a controllable one in the short-run. ( man must fork quickly and easily tongue grin ).
Re: Why Do Black Men Date Other Races And Why Can't Black Women Do The Same? by tpia5: 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is Your Girlfriend A Liability Or An Asset? Can She Do This? / Signs His Not Just That Into You / What Should I Do About This Lady I Want To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.