Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship (14378 Views)

Gym Instructor Caught Engaging In Inappropriate Behavior With A Female Client / She Is Killing Me With Financial Demands / Lady Falsely Accuse Photographer Of Inappropriate Touching (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by ednut1(m): 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
If you start feeding wild animals like lion, hyenas , tiger etc . They will lose their ability to hunt. Nigerian men were the one that spoilt the women with money till they became entitled. If you hammer today you will still use your money to snatch another man babe. Why blaming the women

Nigerian men have also carried that useless culture outside and using money to entice women in other african countries. A female friend from mali/france was doing uber food delivery with her bike in Toronto part time. Guess what Nigerian men she has met are telling her. That a fine babe like her should not be doing such hustle, she should come date them so they can take care of her.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by luminouz(m): 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
Slaveman343:
I'm getting good ones and laughing at online miscreants like you. Your girl(If you can get any) will leave you for me in a heart beat. There are levels to these things, loser!!

K
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by 1Sharon(f): 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2023
If a man doesn't believe in assisting women financially, that's fine.

But don't be a hypocrite and expect her to cook and clean for you when she visits.

11 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by 1Sharon(f): 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
realG101:

I'm sure the category of women you have worked with are in the minority.

It is the regular nigerian woman that is under reference here not the few of them doing exploits in their fields.

Your reference to biology is out of context as society has changed since the primitive times.

And speaking of the African man's responsibilities. Be reminded that societies progress by learning and assimilating from other more advanced cultures.

A tribe in Africa was know to kill twins before the whites told them better. And that tribe has eradicated the practice since then if not we will not be enjoying psquare today.

And if you thing majority of nigeria women don't bother their men will bills, you are living under a rock.
Even south africans woman know that nigerian men are overly generous. And that generosity is a result of the entitlement mentality from nigerian women.

So biology is no longer relevant?

Since you acknowledge that society has changed since primitive times, why are Nigerian men complaining that Nigerian women are becoming more feminist?

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by BigIyanga: 8:40pm On Nov 10, 2023
Slaveman343:
opo-Nu. The only thing is that I'm the providing boyfriend and potential husband who gets girls you can never get even if you come to this world a million times.

I'm happy, you are a sad troll. Big difference
Ibiribe troller..

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Magnoliaa(f): 8:40pm On Nov 10, 2023
Na im go fess enter your mention, na im go still fess "K" if you give am ein size back. grin

What kind of thing is that?

If person nor respond to you, you'll be feeling as if you've shut them up.

If person con respond to you, after YOU went seeking for engagement o, you will still be acting fly as if they're pestering you and you couldn't be bothered to waste your time on them LOL.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Nov 10, 2023
realG101:
No society in the world has work for everyone. But I will admit that Nigeria is a particularly tougher environment for a common person to plug in to a job. The more reason women who depend on their husbands should let their men breathe. Women in this category should learn to at least live within their husbands' means if they can't support the men. Not to be comparing their husbands to other richer men. If e easy, those wives too should go out and hustle for the money (without monitizing their bodies).
Shouldn't such husbands equally allow the women to breathe by not having the same expectations that other men have of their wives? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by iamtardey: 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
Y’all take a moment to flex na burn something forget this woman matter for once. Ahn Ahn
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Jewessgratitud3: 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2023
grin
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Hydroxide(m): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2023
That's why Nigerian girls are so cheap, you can easily have sex with them cos they don't have any thing to offer apart from sex. Girls/ladies in western world, even some African countries like South Africa, it is a bit difficult to have sex cos they know their worth and if they wanna have sex, it is willingly unlike naija girls, na them go even offer you sex once cos them see you as their means of livelihood

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Sharatan(m): 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Whether boy or girl, man or woman, HUSTLE, just hustle..
depending on somebody is dangerous because when the person can’t deliver you are in deep sh!t..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Magnoliaa(f): 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2023
iamtardey:
Y’all take a moment to flex na burn something forget this woman matter for once. Ahn Ahn

No o. We will not. We cannot. grin

It is a gendar fight until death.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Revolva(m): 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2023
BigIyanga:

You’re mistaken…most Naija women want guys to provide a better life for them… which their biological parents cant provide.

A typical Naija girl with street BF wants her man to buy 50k-100k phone based on her class . A lagos mainland girl wants her bf to buy N100k-200k phone based on her class. A VI girl wants 300k-500k from her bf based on class…To them, relationship is a poverty alleviation

I met a girl and liked her and can you imagine this girl said she does not have fone the next day ....just because i asked her for number

These gals know how to look for ways to swindle guys but those format wont work for me

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2023
advanceDNA:

Most Nigerian women can never stop being parasites....forget it.... Most of them are broke and always dream of making it life through men....if most women were given a wish that will come true... they would rather wish for a man that is rich, instead of wishing for their own truck load of money....

men are the ones that need to up their standard to stop dating broke, stingy, jobless women.

You've said it all. Sadly na we still come dey shake body for them, they simp sef. Men are the price but we don't know most of the time
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by tshtsh: 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2023
realG101:

No society in the world has work for everyone.

But I will admit that Nigeria is a particularly tougher environment for a common person to plug in to a job.

The more reason women who depend on their husbands should let their men breathe. Women in this category should learn to at least live within their husbands' means if they can't support the men.

Not to be comparing their husbands to other richer men.

If e easy, those wives too should go out and hustle for the money (without monitizing their bodies).
Before we link it up to the economy some women have this mindset of being parasitic on men. They are always asking for one thing or the other from friends, uncles, husbands, boyfriends and many more. It continues after they get married and I don't believe its because of the environment. I have met some Nigerians in USA and Canada who confessed that if they were to get married again they'd rather find a partner based in USA or Canada than to go marry a woman in Nigeria because they tend to bring their parasitic attitude with them and end up making their husband weaker.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by PoliteActivist: 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2023
advanceDNA:

If most Nigerian women were given a wish that will come true... they would rather wish for a man that is rich, instead of wishing for their own truck load of money....

This is actually true. But it's because we want the man to be the man. If the money comes to us the relationship will not be as sweet

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2023
See Simpson here grin.All I know is that I cant date a broke girl.i don already build myself,build yourself too,so if we jam we go be duplex.gold diggers keep off. grin.I am not kuku sex starved so,I am always in control of my emotions.the average Nigerian lady sees relationship as poverty alleviation program.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by tuzle(m): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2023
Do u know the one that pains me the most, a lady that went to school and graduated, but still end up being dependent on her boyfriend for almost all her financial needs. Like what a colossal waste of resources

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by iamtardey: 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2023
Magnoliaa:

No o. We will not. We cannot. grin

It is a gendar fight until death.
gender fight with them whi… okay just forget … good night flex
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by cooooooks(m): 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2023
In Nigeria, many, probably most couples, share expenses.

Let us not spread false ideas.

7 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by anointedlinks: 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2023
God help us

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by uuzba(m): 10:56pm On Nov 10, 2023
ednut1:
If you start feeding wild animals like lion, hyenas , tiger etc . They will lose their ability to hunt. Nigerian men were the one that spoilt the women with money till they became entitled. If you hammer today you will still use your money to snatch another man babe. Why blaming the women

Nigerian men have also carried that useless culture outside and using money to entice women in other african countries. A female friend from mali/france was doing uber food delivery with her bike in Toronto part time. Guess what Nigerian men she has met are telling her. That a fine babe like her should not be doing such hustle, she should come date them so they can take care of her.
In the US, white people deprived black people of Education, ability to read and write. And that made the white people in control of the whole country and the black people as slaves, dependent on them.
But things have turned around now. Black people have education, can read and write and demand their rights.
Well in Nigeria, women were not educated only men. And that put men in control of their villages and tribes. Marrying 4, 5 wives. The wives just shut up and stay one place and be fully dependent on the men.
But eduction had been given to women now. They can now be independent also. But they need a man to be able to have children and remain in a decent lifestyle.

So did Nigerian men spoil the women by giving them Education?
The more people are educated, the less they are dependent on each other and the machines/automation will take away all the jobs. More education equals less jobs.
So we are all jobless and men have no money to cater to women like olden days.
Men didn't spoil women. Education got people jobless and unable to earn money at all..

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Myer(m): 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2023
advanceDNA:

Most Nigerian women can never stop being parasites....forget it.... Most of them are broke and always dream of making it life through men....if most women were given a wish that will come true... they would rather wish for a man that is rich, instead of wishing for their own truck load of money....

men are the ones that need to up their standard to stop dating broke, stingy, jobless women.
Both need to up their standards really.
It all balls down to self-esteem.
When more men and women come to their senses and know their worth/value, they will start to do better.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by UnemployedGradu: 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2023
realG101:
Though, I've never been outside nigeria and have no personal information about how relationships are run in the western world. I believe romantic relationships are generally more refined and stress free (for the man) outside nigeria and Africa as a whole.

I don't want to be misunderstood, this is not me trying to hold nigerian relationships to foreign standards as this will be unfair due to cultural differences.

However, certain factors should remain globally constant as far as human relationships are concerned.

We are given to understand that in the usa and other advanced climes, both partners in a relationship are at liberty and usually willing to share financial responsibilities and provision generally is not a fixed responsibilities of the man.

Women abroad are generally open to split financial responsibilities with their men according to their capability and unlike their nigerian counterparts, they are not programmed to expect a man to foot all the bills.

Against this background, I'm of the opinion that it is inappropriate for a woman to make demands for personal items in a relationship.

It is very common and almost a norm in Nigeria for a woman to ask a man to buy her a phone or pay for her hair or even pay her rent.

Don't get me wrong, if you have an emergency as a woman, you can ask your boyfriend for help once in a while. But not to make the boyfriend your source of livelihood and maintenance.

Also, it is expected and perfectly normal for a man to buy his girlfriend a phone (maybe on her birthday), or pay for her hair. But I believe such expenses should be at his own discretion not upon demand by the girlfriend.

It is no classy for a girlfriend to make financial demands when it's not an emergency or a crisis.

But also, a classy boyfriend is expected to gift his girlfriend nice items once in a while to spice the relationship and to bond more.

If a boyfriend doesn't send you gifts occasionally, it is likely he is not comfortable financially or he is stingy. In this cases, the lady is required to engage him in order to discover the reason and decide whether she can cope.

Again, a woman is not mean to make financial demands for her personal needs. It's fine if the demand is for household maintenance when you two get married.

Moreso, it is expected that adults should be able to take care of their own personal needs.

Any person, man or woman, who cannot buy their own personal stuff or whose taste or lifestyle is beyond what they can afford by themselves, run from them. They are problematic people and can never be loyal to you.

In addition, any woman who make habitual financial demands when there's no emergency is either a runs girl or has a serious relationship elsewhere.

I am not oblivious of the fact that there are less privileged women out here who actually need to marry men who are capable of giving them a better life. This is an exceptional situation and I personally see nothing wrong in it as life is dynamic and is about people helping people.

What is unacceptable here is the narrative that women are okay to be entitled to men's money even when the woman has her own money.

It is key to note that unlike some decades ago, especially after the several industrial revolutions the world has witnessed, money making is no longer about muscle or masculinity but about brainpower.

There is no scientific evidence that a random man is smarter than a random woman which means money Making is not particularly easier for the man in today's world.

This is just a call to our ladies to up their game and do better so that we can see better and more successful and less problematic relationships and marriages in the coming generations.

Do you agree with these views?

leeches
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2023
Hydroxide:
That's why Nigerian girls are so cheap, you can easily have sex with them cos they don't have any thing to offer apart from sex. Girls/ladies in western world, even some African countries like South Africa, it is a bit difficult to have sex cos they know their worth and if they wanna have sex, it is willingly unlike naija girls, na them go even offer you sex once cos them see you as their means of livelihood
Did you read the write up at all? grin

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
cooooooks:
In Nigeria, many, probably most couples, share expenses.

Let us not spread false ideas.
True!

Sometimes I wonder where these narratives come from

6 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by pendragonbladgo(m): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2023
The fault is from the Parents, if only Parents take good care of their daughters like my younger sister. She got married to a man she never needed anything from.

Even the wedding was financed by both families...

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by jaxxy(m): 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2023
Magnoliaa:

So, EQUALITY?!

Haha, I loveeee this!

Like this what we've been saying for ages o. This is what we've been saying for ages. People aren't smarter or more intelligent than another on the basis of their sex.

Thank you!

And let's take it a notch further then to agree that the concept of headship in marriage is bollocks since a man is no more better at being sensible or using common sense, etc., than a woman is.

Men are not generally smarter than women by any scientific means doesn't men there aren't men smarter than women ot there aren't women smarter than men.

The man must be the Head so marry any of the men smarter than you who can lead u. Don't marry a dullard and complain he is not the head.
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2023
realG101:
■ We are given to understand that in the usa and other advanced climes, both partners in a relationship are at liberty and usually willing to share financial responsibilities and provision generally is not a fixed responsibilities of the man.
Women abroad are generally open to split financial responsibilities with their men according to their capability and unlike their nigerian counterparts, they are not programmed to expect a man to foot all the bills.
■ Against this background, I'm of the opinion that it is inappropriate for a woman to make demands for personal items in a relationship. It is very common and almost a norm in Nigeria for a woman to ask a man to buy her a phone or pay for her hair or even pay her rent. Don't get me wrong, if you have an emergency as a woman, you can ask your boyfriend for help once in a while. But not to make the boyfriend your source of livelihood and maintenance. Also, it is expected and perfectly normal for a man to buy his girlfriend a phone (maybe on her birthday), or pay for her hair. But I believe such expenses should be at his own discretion not upon demand by the girlfriend.
It is no classy for a girlfriend to make financial demands when it's not an emergency or a crisis. But also, a classy boyfriend is expected to gift his girlfriend nice items once in a while to spice the relationship and to bond more. If a boyfriend doesn't send you gifts occasionally, it is likely he is not comfortable financially or he is stingy. In this cases, the lady is required to engage him in order to discover the reason and decide whether she can cope. Again, a woman is not mean to make financial demands for her personal needs. It's fine if the demand is for household maintenance when you two get married. Moreso, it is expected that adults should be able to take care of their own personal needs. Any person, man or woman, who cannot buy their own personal stuff or whose taste or lifestyle is beyond what they can afford by themselves, run from them. They are problematic people and can never be loyal to you. In addition, any woman who make habitual financial demands when there's no emergency is either a runs girl or has a serious relationship elsewhere.
I am not oblivious of the fact that there are less privileged women out here who actually need to marry men who are capable of giving them a better life. This is an exceptional situation and I personally see nothing wrong in it as life is dynamic and is about people helping people.
■ What is unacceptable here is the narrative that women are okay to be entitled to men's money even when the woman has her own money. It is key to note that unlike some decades ago, especially after the several industrial revolutions the world has witnessed, money making is no longer about muscle or masculinity but about brainpower. There is no scientific evidence that a random man is smarter than a random woman which means money Making is not particularly easier for the man in today's world. This is just a call to our ladies to up their game and do better so that we can see better and more successful and less problematic relationships and marriages in the coming generations. Do you agree with these views?
1. These aren't requirements in abroad relationships, mind you, but left to couples to decide for themselves.

2. These women do not hold guns to the heads of the men who choose to do these things for them, mind you. So, I am not certain why you make it an issue when it ought to be. undecided

3. Why make laws when there are none needed? Couples should be able to decide these things for themselves. Your view or opinion should not matter at all as far as any romantic relationship that you are not actively a part of. undecided

4. If a man wants a woman who does not work or pursue any ambitions outside of the home and his bedroom, then that freedom is his to have. If a woman wants to live as a liability to the man and the man agrees to take her on as such, who are you to condemn her when she didn't put a gun to the man's head in any of it? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Magnoliaa(f): 11:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
Kobo has joined the chat. grin

5 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by ednut1(m): 11:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
uuzba:

In the US, white people deprived black people of Education, ability to read and write. And that made the white people in control of the whole country and the black people as slaves, dependent on them.
But things have turned around now. Black people have education, can read and write and demand their rights.
Well in Nigeria, women were not educated only men. And that put men in control of their villages and tribes. Marrying 4, 5 wives. The wives just shut up and stay one place and be fully dependent on the men.
But eduction had been given to women now. They can now be independent also. But they need a man to be able to have children and remain in a decent lifestyle.

So did Nigerian men spoil the women by giving them Education?
The more people are educated, the less they are dependent on each other and the machines/automation will take away all the jobs. More education equals less jobs.
So we are all jobless and men have no money to cater to women like olden days.
Men didn't spoil women. Education got people jobless and unable to earn money at all..
there is still poverty and unemployment in the land. Many are earning less than 35k a month. Unlike in America. Even with the lowest paying jobs you can still feed and pay your basic bills
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Nov 10, 2023
realG101:
Lol, this is hilarious but true. The difficulty in men upping their standard as you advised is that, the percentage of women who are in the working class is very minimal compared to the demand for women by men. If I may take a guess, the ration of working class women to men is like 1/80. That's the reason nigerian men are forced to settle with leechy women so far the woman can at least look attractive. And that is the reason many of them get abused by their rich husbands in marriage. The recent trend now is young girls preferring to become a 2nd or 3rd wife to a rich guy instead of starting and growing with a promising young man.
Forced by whom? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Makes A Woman Sleep Like This? Sex Or Food? [Picture] / Most Beautiful Dark Female Nairalanders / A Lady Reveals The Things They Have Done For The D*ck & Most Of Them Are Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.