Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship (14404 Views)

Gym Instructor Caught Engaging In Inappropriate Behavior With A Female Client / She Is Killing Me With Financial Demands / Lady Falsely Accuse Photographer Of Inappropriate Touching (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Nov 11, 2023
Panda7:
■ you clearly have no idea what courtship entells or you are just being simple or otherwise a simp'.
What exactly has courtship to do with a man selecting only a woman who has a hustle if that is indeed what he desires when looking for a woman to date? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by cooooooks(m): 1:42am On Nov 11, 2023
People being too online, plus social media corruption.

Anyone who has run a school or store knows what is going on in Nigeria.

Persephone1:
True!

Sometimes I wonder where these narratives come from

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Panda7(m): 1:42am On Nov 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What exactly has courtship to do with a man selecting only a woman who has a hustle if that is indeed what he desires when looking for a woman to date? undecided
There is no where it was stated you must follow a woman who already has an hustle as she is already successful but the point here is the woman must be committed to the man and also hustle together to get their financial goals. Isn't that simple to any simp'man or woman??
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by advanceDNA: 1:51am On Nov 11, 2023
tollyboy5:

Man being the head in a family is not biblically driven. Its nature and norms in majority animal kingdom of which we are super animals.
Men are smarter, stronger and more sensible.
There is a reason why men go to war front leaving their wives and kids at home.

All ur reason has been proven otherwise... There are women smarter than men .there are women stronger than some men.... There are women who go to war.... So what's ur point?
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Kobojunkie: 1:55am On Nov 11, 2023
Panda7:
■ There is no where it was stated you must follow a woman who already has an hustle as she is already successful but the point here is the woman must be committed to the man and also hustle together to get their financial goals. Isn't that simple to any simp'man or woman??
Where is the statement in bold though? undecided

So, a man will pick any woman — even one without an ambition for hustle — and then turn around and mandate she must have a hustle while committing to him? Doesn't that sound a tad... I don't know .... abnormal to you? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by advanceDNA: 1:57am On Nov 11, 2023
PoliteActivist:

This is actually true. But it's because we want the man to be the man. If the money comes to us the relationship will not be as sweet

It's because u guys are naturally lazy, and don't like being responsible for anything.... U want everything cheaply handed over to you...

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Panda7(m): 2:02am On Nov 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:

So, a man will pick any woman — even one without an ambition for hustle — and then turn around and mandate she must have a hustle while committing to him? Doesn't that sound a tad... I don't know .... abnormal to you? undecided
If you are gay or have been gayed before please stop quoting me, it clearly shows you have never been with a woman not even a baby one and nothing has ever been customised for you. stop quoting me the babies are sleeping already.
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by JapaPrince: 2:57am On Nov 11, 2023
After reading this I must say I commend the writer, as always I’m an advocate of using the write words and not turning everything into a confrontational word fight or click baits. We can always get out points through I’m a civil manner no name calling, slut shaming or stuffs like that.
Well done
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by PoliteActivist: 3:05am On Nov 11, 2023
advanceDNA:

It's because u guys are naturally lazy, and don't like being responsible for anything.... U want everything cheaply handed over to you...

Not at all. For MOST of us, everything is just sweeter that way, much more than when we're the ones giving our husband
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Kobojunkie: 3:09am On Nov 11, 2023
tuzle:
Do u know the one that pains me the most, a lady that went to school and graduated, but still end up being dependent on her boyfriend for almost all her financial needs. Like what a colossal waste of resources
Why blame the lady? The ones who paid for the schooling probably did not mind doing it for her to then toss it aside at the end of the day. I mean I have seen cases of women Ph.D holders living as housewives with no one complaining. The culture allows it so what is the problem? undecided

Also, did she force her boyfriend to take her on as a burden? He wanted a woman as a burden and he got exactly that. She probably wanted a man to fend for her and got herself exactly that. Why blame her for any of it? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by YoshihideSuga: 3:14am On Nov 11, 2023
tshtsh:

Before we link it up to the economy some women have this mindset of being parasitic on men. They are always asking for one thing or the other from friends, uncles, husbands, boyfriends and many more. It continues after they get married and I don't believe its because of the environment. I have met some Nigerians in USA and Canada who confessed that if they were to get married again they'd rather find a partner based in USA or Canada than to go marry a woman in Nigeria because they tend to bring their parasitic attitude with them and end up making their husband weaker.

Would they also be open to equal marriages? Aka 50 - 50? Can they withstand the cultural differences between they and the western bred women? Are they open to doing house chores? Would they like it when the women are assertive and opinionated?

There was a reason they went home to marry. They should live with it.

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by advanceDNA: 3:19am On Nov 11, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Not at all. For MOST of us, everything is just sweeter that way, much more than when we're the ones giving our husband

Sigh....no one ask you to give ur husband...l most men don't even want to collect from their wives because u women end up making a fuss about it
See.... at the end of the day, U are just buttressing my point in other words.....Of course....it's sweeter when u are not responsible for what puts food on the table and buys the luxuries of life.......it's still comes down to not being responsible and wanting things handed to you...

Imagine someone eating 70k food because it's coming from someone else's pocket... grin
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Kobojunkie: 3:24am On Nov 11, 2023
YoshihideSuga:
Would they also be open to equal marriages? Aka 50 - 50? Can they withstand the cultural differences between they and the western bred women? Are they open to doing house chores? Would they like it when the women are assertive and opinionated?
There was a reason they went home to marry. They should live with it.
You dey mind dem! Most of them just want to eat their cake and have it too! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Teymanhenry(f): 4:37am On Nov 11, 2023
The first thing that draws me to a woman is her beauty. When I come closer, I look at her Educational status, financial status, family, and health, then how humble, hard working and respectful she is. Some people could be parasites or a drawback to your life. I won't end up with a parasite
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Iamzik: 5:14am On Nov 11, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Omo,you just dey write story OP.you must spend for Nigeria woman grin.if not..relationship go get k leg.Nigerian ladies enter relationship with the mind of profit . grin.i agree with your views o.but kolewerk in Naija

They need to change that mindset. It's achaic
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Iamzik: 5:22am On Nov 11, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Well MOST of you are about to wake up to reality.
The world has changed! This is not your parent or grandparent 1970 generation.

No man wants a liability. Men enjoy spending other people's money as much as women enjoy it.
My philosophy is both man and woman should contribute to the home according to their capacity/income.

The generation of "my money is my money while your money is our money" is gone...

As in Otilo... grin grin
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Nov 11, 2023
Iamzik:
■ They need to change that mindset. It's achaic
Nigerian men should equally give up on the many archaic ideas they too hold, right? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by PoliteActivist: 5:28am On Nov 11, 2023
advanceDNA:

Sigh....no one ask you to give ur husband...l most men don't even want to collect from their wives because u women end up making a fuss about it
See.... at the end of the day, U are just buttressing my point in other words.....Of course....it's sweeter when u are not responsible for what puts food on the table and buys the luxuries of life.......it's still comes down to not being responsible and wanting things handed to you...

Imagine someone eating 70k food because it's coming from someone else's pocket... grin

It's not what you think my dear. It is mostly psychological and spiritual, it is not about material wealth. It's like MOST of us prefer helping our men be dominant even if we can dominate them

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by PoliteActivist: 5:37am On Nov 11, 2023
Iamzik:

Well MOST of you are about to wake up to reality.
The world has changed! This is not your parent or grandparent 1970 generation.

No man wants a liability. Men enjoy spending other people's money as much as women enjoy it.
My philosophy is both man and woman should contribute to the home according to their capacity/income.

The generation of "my money is my money while your money is our money" is gone...

As in Otilo... grin grin

Men misunderstand. It is not about material stuff, it is mostly psychological and spiritual. Remember, the issue is why we would rather pray that our husbands be wealthy before praying that we be wealthy ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by ufotunang: 6:11am On Nov 11, 2023
Cassandraloius:
Is there any work in Nigeria for everyone?
..they are women that are working and earning good salary but still make much financial demand to their boyfriend
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by ufotunang: 6:12am On Nov 11, 2023
What do you expect.. when we have urgent 5k babes everywhere 🙄
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by ufotunang: 6:13am On Nov 11, 2023
Women had made their boyfriends their job vacancies 🙄
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by ufotunang: 6:14am On Nov 11, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Omo,you just dey write story OP.you must spend for Nigeria woman grin.if not..relationship go get k leg.Nigerian ladies enter relationship with the mind of profit . grin.i agree with your views o.but kolewerk in Naija
. Abi.. nigeria women language is...no money, no love...na love I go chop 🙄
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by BRATISLAVA: 6:16am On Nov 11, 2023
Poverty and its misogynistic "logical" appearances.

It is inappropriate for a man to make financial, emotional, supportive, cooking and cleaning demands in a relationship.

Just go in there, have s*x and walk out. It's the only thing you would want to contribute and gain from relationships anyway. Anything beyond that and you really want your mommy.

The other things you expect from the people you won't financially fend for are the things you get as your birthright in the Nigerian patriarchy. Start crying divorce and she took everything from me. Then humbly wash the dishes because your "money" means nothing in the real world, and you will be true equals outside of finances.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by Iamzik: 6:18am On Nov 11, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Men misunderstand. It is not about material stuff, it is mostly psychological and spiritual. Remember, the issue is why we would rather pray that our husbands be wealthy before praying that we be wealthy ourselves

All na scope. I once confronted a female friend who was very rich but was tormenting her husband who can barely get by. Most Women worship money. Alot of women troubling their husbands actually have enough money of their own to live comfortably but No they must collect from the husband. Una wan carry the money go heaven??🤣🤣
Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by BRATISLAVA: 6:24am On Nov 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Lol.

You are dealing with Nigerian men. They are so logical they sound stupid.

Look, this thread is a plea for a woman from the west. But he will be ready to become her slave and forget he's a man when she not only helps him with the finances, but he helps her with birthing, rearing and everything else beneath him as an African Nigerian man.

He would gladly clean out her toilet pots with his tongue once she has no financial demands from him. It's a gold digger thing.

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by PoliteActivist: 6:25am On Nov 11, 2023
Iamzik:

All na scope. I once confronted a female friend who was very rich but was tormenting her husband who can barely get by. Most Women worship money. Alot of women troubling their husbands actually have enough money of their own to live comfortably but No they must collect from the husband. Una wan carry the money go heaven??🤣🤣

It is not what you think!! Mostly we're helping you be a man by collecting that money, though we have our own. If we're not there to take it what will you do with it?? If you work hard and finally have some money, if there is no woman to give it to, what good is it to you. We prepare ourselves and make ourselves available to be given the money - something you should really thank us for if you think about it

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by BRATISLAVA: 6:26am On Nov 11, 2023
PoliteActivist:

It is not what you think!! Mostly we're helping you be a man by collecting that money, though we have our own. If we're not there to take it what will you do with it?? If you work hard and finally have some money, if there is no woman to give it to, what good is it to you. We prepare ourselves and make ourselves available to be given the money - something you should really thank us for if you think about it

grin grin grin grin

Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by PoliteActivist: 6:31am On Nov 11, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

grin grin grin grin

Lol!

I don't see what's funny. If you work hard and finally have some money, tell me something more satisfying you can do with some of it than give it to a woman

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by BRATISLAVA: 6:34am On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Won tun gbe tun tun de. grin

A life without pussy = a life of loneliness and bitterness for men? So men's happiness and fulfilment in life is intricately tied to access to sex?

This is what happens when you swallow agenda buzzwords without no thought and mental filtering of your own. You end up regurgitating rubbish.

Lack of money will not lead to a life of bitterness for men. Poverty will not. Unfulfilment will not, broken relationships will not, childhood trauma will not, a lack of support system and community from family and friends will not. Work pressure will not. Mental illness will not. Social anxiety and low self-esteem will not. It is pussy, of all things, that will lead to a life of loneliness for men.

Can we also go further to hypothesize that the bitter men we see all over NL are the way they are because they're not getting any pussy? It's not as a result of heartbreak or women not being good people. Nope, they're incels because they're simply unattractive to women.

And you say you're the superior gender, when you've unwittingly attributed this much power to the pussy. So much so that a man's life can breakdown and get derailed from not matching sexually with women.

Lol!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by BRATISLAVA: 6:36am On Nov 11, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I don't see what's funny. If you work hard and finally have some money, tell me something more satisfying you can do with some of it than give it to a woman

It's funny because what you are telling them is the truth. Give a man money and the next thing us to have 20 girlfriends and if none of them want him, it is 20 prostitutes to lavish his new found wealth on. Or to marry women to spend the money on. Half of their fantasy constitutes having a lot of women. Women to spend on.

It is only here they come to demonize women for wanting money, when all their validation is to give women money as a show of strength.

It is funny because why are you making such posts all over the thread? Lol. It's polite, but what is the activism there?

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Inappropriate For A Woman To Make Financial Demands In A Relationship by ogbe88(m): 6:46am On Nov 11, 2023
SIRTee15:
It's like Nigerian men are bigger hypocrites than their women counterpart. U want to eat your cake but still have it.
U want women to date any Kain man all because of love but what will they get in return then?
It's not like u will be less demanding of her body if she doesn't obtain from u. No, instead u would still want to mount her and release your urge on her any time she visits u.

This is Africa, and relationship is meant to meet a need for both parties. That's the way it is.

We African men demand our ladies to be submissive, loyal, reject feminism, be well domesticated, cook and clean for us;
So what will be their reward for all the burden we placed on them. What is their gain.

It's not even like there's a guarantee u will marry her if she does all above for u. You will still dump her over some silly excuse.
All you just want to use someone's daughter, dump her when u tired and move to the next.
U are very selfish and lacks sense.

If u have sense , u will understand Relationship in africa is meant to be a test of your strength and ability to know if u man enough to put a woman in your house as a wife and build a family with her.
If u lamenting in relationship, what would now happen in marriage ?
Your greed and covetousness would not allow u go for women who are willing to overlook your financial constraint, no it's those ones that will sap your strength and leave u penniless that u lusting after.
U better go work hard and make money, the only woman born to understand your poverty is your mother, not someone else daughter.
U made no sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Handle A Woman With Hot Temper / A Must See Of What My Female Colleague Is Watching On Blackberry Today / Y Do Yoruba Girls Have Big Ass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.