Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,994 members, 7,828,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (58152 Views)

My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / My Family Has Been Scammed / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Oyindamolah: 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
PHIPEX:
Who sold the land? These people did not just wake up and build a house, they bought the supposed land from someone.

How about the criminals that sold the lands?

Why does the govt wait for people to finish their building before demolishing them?
it's imperative they also do due diligence, do you know you can walk into the ministry of regional planning & building and make enquiry about any land in Lagos and you would get informed.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Raf4: 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
Peppysco:

Many of you only read but cannot comprehend. The demolition was done by FHA, how you guys turned it to Lagos state government narrative is beyond my understanding. You even read where one of the affected landlords admitted to ignorantly building on a Federal government owned land and their numerous reconciliatory efforts with the FHA, yet, na Sanwo-Olu or Obasa be una problems.

They have been blindfolded by hatred and bitterness of soul.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Bobloco: 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

I am so sad about this, but if it's true that some Ethnic are targeted due to last election; u people went too far boasting LAGOS is no Man's Land , knowing u bought land with no proper DOCUMENTS... lesson for the Others.

Is the ethnic group being targeted in demolition exercise the first to use that phrase "Lagos is no man's land"

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by sukkot: 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
lets face it lagos state is ran by illuminati yoruba mafia. nobody owns anything in lagos. they can take any land they want from anybody and have legal backing. its why i can never buy land in lagos. i rather buy a built house in an estate

there are spirits attached to the land. you cant own it

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by AK481(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2023
even Cof O with igbos name are no longer being signed in lagos.

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Oyindamolah: 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2023
Kindly Google FHA
jaxxy:

a property with building permit and c of o? we all know how corrupt lagos officials can be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Oyindamolah: 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
AK481:
even Cof O with igbos name are no longer being signed in lagos.
Lies from the pit of hell. Okeke just got his C of O signed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Originalsly: 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
H.mmm... he built on the land ignorantly. Ignorance always come with a price.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
yinkus6750:
Why build without proper documents and follow due process?
If you were on the right path, you could have sied the government.
SO who do you think approved the building PLAN ?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
Oyindamolah:
it's imperative they also do due diligence, do you know you can walk into the ministry of regional planning & building and make enquiry about any land in Lagos and you would get informed.
SO who signed the building PLANS?

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Jamie1000: 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
This is heart braking
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by gannod(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
3ice9ce:

The buildings were built on FG committed land. Go and Google what commited land means.

If you read through my comment, I did not argue about whether they built legally or illegally. My point is, the government should temper judgement with mercy.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Omuuvwie(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
There is God,
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by LydayBobo(m): 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2023
Let me share a vital information that money cannot buy. Government acquisition will always be Government acquisition, whether now or when you've long gone to after life. Don't join them to buy land that has been marked for Government plans. The trap is that alot of building would have been illegally built on those marked lands and you would think it's legit. Just don't do it. You won't win the sympathy war. You don't need the stress. Chart your land at the local secretariat office. If some estate agents tells you that it is Government acquisition but....my brother RUN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by uuzba(m): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
Oyindamolah:
You will get misinformed.
Different people will say they are giving you the right information, that you should just settle them first.
At the end, you will have no idea who has the right information.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by NAC1666: 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
yinkus6750:
Why build without proper documents and follow due process?
If you were on the right path, you could have sied the government.
Who told you the proper channels and procedures were not followed?
Land they bought from government and got approved
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Yomit71(m): 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
Senseless Igbos must get sense by force.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Nwaotu10(m): 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
I don't have any pity for any m*mu Igbo man building/investing outside South East.
Ntooor nu grin

When I told you guys to invest back home, Una talk say we no wise.

Umuigbo stop investing outside igboland.
Nobody go demolish your house for Alaigbo.
Remember the spirit of Akuluo uno and invest home.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Bigchristo: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks
Igbo should start moving their business back home, you know exactly where you are not welcome, stop forcing yourselves in Lagos you can transform Onitsha main market to a major business hub and solicit for a functional sea port around Delta and Anambra, boycott Lagos nor be only there life dey
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Nwaotu10(m): 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
LydayBobo:
Let me share a vital information that money cannot buy. Government acquisition will always be Government acquisition, whether now or when you've long gone to after life. Don't join them to buy land that has been marked for Government plans. The trap is that alot of building would have been illegally built on those marked lands and you would think it's legit. Just don't do it. You won't win the sympathy war. You don't need the stress. Chart your land at the local secretariat office. If some estate agents tells you that it is Government acquisition but....my brother RUN.

So, all of a sudden, the Lagos state Govt just remembered the lands they marked for Govt plans few month after election. Lands that has been developed for many years

Dey play grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by ppogba: 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
soullove1881:

There are thousands of Yorubas in AKWA IBOM and Uyo. So I don't think your assertion about Yorubas not traveling outside their state is correct. In fact, most of ogas in Mobil at Ibeno are YORUBAS. In fact most of the best schools in Uyo are owned by them.

There are fools you should learn to ignore on Nairaland. Especially those that make sweeping generalisation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by BreconHills(m): 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
Obasa's hand built houses on canals, and FG land without approval? Obasa's hand causes flooding due to blocked storm drains?

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by OOLUSEG(m): 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
Peppysco:

Many of you only read but cannot comprehend. The demolition was done by FHA, how you guys turned it to Lagos state government narrative is beyond my understanding. You even read where one of the affected landlords admitted to ignorantly building on a Federal government owned land and their numerous reconciliatory efforts with the FHA, yet, na Sanwo-Olu or Obasa be una problems.

Many people here are actually illiterate...they can't read not to talk of comprehend what they can't read.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by danowena: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks
This guy being interviewed is an unusual Nigerian. Despite his house being destroyed and making sure he is not the only one with losses, he is still advocating to save the others. I like him. Not like those “da bi mo se da” meaning “be in same state as I am”. God help and bless u sir.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Nonexisting1: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
300 million in Lagos? The stupidest Igbo man of the century. Thank you Sanwo Olu.

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by BreconHills(m): 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2023
Nwaotu10:

So, all of a sudden, the Lagos state Govt just remembered the lands they marked for Govt plans few month after election. Lands that has been developed for many years

Dey play grin

Does it matter when they remember? Does passage of time confer legality on an illegality?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by ppogba: 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2023
uuzba:

You will get misinformed.
Different people will say they are giving you the right information, that you should just settle them first.
At the end, you will have no idea who has the right information.

This is the job of a lawyer.
Pay a token and a lawyer will get you legit info.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Prettychild(f): 6:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
This is so sad. That’s why I advise people to always look for a lawyer before buying any property to prevent had I know

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Schoboscu: 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
Awoow Berekete 5-bedroom Fully Detached 200m DISTRESS SALE*

*FULLY DETACHED 5 BEDROOM DUPLEX*

*DISTRESS PRICE:N200M*

*TITLE:C OF O*
*PICTURES*👇👇👇

1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Nwaotu10(m): 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
BreconHills:

Does it matter when they remember? Does passage of time confer legality on an illegality?

You're aware of the reality, but pretending not to understand why those houses were demolished is just self-deception. It's common knowledge that politics played a role in it.

I cautioned my brothers against investing beyond Igboland, but they chose to overlook my advice. Experience, as they often say, will likely be their best teacher in this situation. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.