Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,088 members, 7,828,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (58155 Views)

My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / My Family Has Been Scammed / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Kafirbigot: 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
Na them start am.. cool

It's best to be in tune with events as they unfold.

They started it.... cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by olisaEze(m): 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
I doubt all those celebrating another man's sorrow on the FP have ever built anything in their lives talk more of a property worth N300 million. The children of Israel were treated as slaves in Egypt for 400 years according to history till one day. And from that day till date, the Egyptians have never been as important as the Israelites in regional/global politics. Someone should tell Obasa that the evil that men do nowadays, no longer has the patience to wait for their deaths to commence work! cool

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Pappij: 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
If only this demolition will kickstart proper accountability and town planning within that axis.

If only government agencies including LCDAs monitor building projects and issue legitimate receipts.

There are just many things that are done emotionally

Shame, houses worth significant sums have been demolished with nothing to compensate the original dwellers

Hopefully, Nigeria will get it right during my time

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by jeff1993: 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
An average Igbo man Is a traveler. He likes comfort anywhere he is so he goes all out to do it and that may be his greatest undoing.

Pls learn to build houses with adequate paper works. Ask questions. No be any land u see, u want to develop. Make sure u get all the whole certificates before u make move to avoid all these.

12 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by placeofallure(f): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
It's a proverb.... instead of developing another's, develop your own first.

Bi Ina ba n jo ni, to n jo ọmọ ẹni, ta ra ẹni la a kọkọ gbọn.

Mbanda, You will learn your lesson by fire by force!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by wizelink(m): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
Oh no. In this hard time. So sorry. It's one of the stories you will tell your kids about Nigeria and her clueless rulers.

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gidigrav(m): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2023
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Jostoman: 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2023
i knew it is igbo people's property they are destroying. This are some of the injustice against igbo that Nnamdi kanu and Simon Ekpa are fighting against.

4 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2023
cool

Oops.

But that hut no reach 300 million and you know it.

This guy go renew his hatred for Tinubu and Yorubas.

Better to build in Abia or Imo where you go dey do sit at home every Monday.

Pele, my friend.

10 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by MightySparrow: 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
Those that violate laws because of position suffer it later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Afamed: 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
Can you build something on nothing?
This victim mentality ehhhh

Govt supposes to fine you with heavy charges

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Godfullsam(m): 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:
grin

Illegal development of Lagos grin

Why exactly are you laughing
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by KingOfAllIgbos: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
BOSSkesh:
It’s not tribalism
Theses houses do not have proper documentation
And built with substandard materials
Also the buildings aren’t properly planned and it’s built illegally
However the case, compensation is paid to ease the suffering

Zero compensation for flouting the law.

Which kin compensation?

This is why Nigeria is so backwards.

If you mess up in Arab countries especially, your house is demolished with zero compensation. You talk , you are sent to jail or worse tortured to death.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by budaatum: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaxxy:
I think it's unfair to demolish people's property without a fair hearing, proper investigation and possible compensation.

Nobody builds a property worth millions expecting it to be demolished.

You should expect your building worth billions to be pulled down if you built it illegally, and you should not be compensated for an illegal building, for that is like compensating you for being caught stealing.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Emotionss: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
When you guys where told not to develop those lands years ego so many of you called us unspeakable names. Now just negodu your life.

Developing swamped lands without proper authentication and authorization from the government is quite ridiculously stupid.

I thank God for giving me the wisdom to invest and develop my business and properties in Anambra , Abia and Rivers state respectively...

4 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by BOSSkesh(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:

Zero compensation for flouting the law.

Which kin compensation?

This is why Nigeria is so backwards.

If you mess up in Arab countries especially, your house is demolished with zero compensation. You talk , you are sent to jail or worse tortured to death.
If you don’t compensate the Chinedus will call it tribalism and hate

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Blitzerz: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
Start demolishing yoruba houses in other parts of the country

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Biola67: 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2023
e go be
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Afamed: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2023
Blitzerz:

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by CoronaVirusPro: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jcomtrader:
Sorry bro
Even as a SS person all my investments remain in the SS. The rest go abroad

Like i always say i would rather eat pizza with my money that invest it a territory that hates me.
Your 300m will get good property anywhere jn the world and fetch you dollar rent if you dont know what to do with jt

The new lagos speaker joined with BAT at the center have mever hidden their disdain for foreigners

Everything is not tribal!

You should telling people to always investigate and verify before purchasing lands.

You mentioned SS. I was with an oil company in Port Harcourt when the mile 3 road was expanded, do you know how many properties were consumed in that expansion! People were building houses without setbacks, and when the government came-in, everyone said the government was wicked!

Its not about location or anything! If you build against codes and restrictions anywhere in the world, your house will be demolished!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Bliss62: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2023
Imagine what this man is saying

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Etranshub(m): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
Quite an unfortunate situation.... Honestly our government needs to set their priorities right
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by SGCC: 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
God help him

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Jostoman: 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Mudashiru Obasa. Obasa, Obasa, Obasa

Do you guys know yorubas are also outside the SW?

Obasa doesnt go beyond Iwo Road or Gbogan in Osun state so he wouldnt know there are yorubas in Port Harcourt. Benin. Asaba. Kwale, Abuja.Bayelsa, Warri, Escravos etc..

I have always maintained that unless yorubas who are frequent travellers begin to move beyond Iwo road, they will continue to have their soul lenses myopic and make impusive, irrational decisions that do not make sense.

It is a lesson to the discerning. All of us with to approach setting up installations in foreign bases. Why it maybe noble, setting up in fireign bases should not be the only/major asset

Anyways, I see no other than Obasa's finger print all over this action
because of 4years power wey go soon finish.

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by HRMK: 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
there is no ignorance in law!let him take lagos government to court if he has valid papers!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by truthfinder319: 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
Abi N1bn. Dey play. Can you build anyhow in your region?

4 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by maxiuc(m): 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
tamdun:
300 million? Dey play
poverty man you never jam house wey cost pass that one sef

Do you know that some doors cost More than 5million naira

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Available9: 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Very sad and painful. put yourself in these people shoes.

Lasg will pretend to be blind until people invest their sweat in these projects,, they will now come later to pull it down. Na pure wickedness nothing more!

Why not stop or prevent them from working on the lands at all 🙁
Same with land...30 years later, a faction of the family will come out to say their uncle was the rightful owner

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by maxiuc(m): 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
Blitzerz:
Yorubas no dey build house for Igbo land

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by NewDea4: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Mudashiru Obasa. Obasa, Obasa, Obasa

Do you guys know yorubas are also outside the SW?

Obasa doesnt go beyond Iwo Road or Gbogan in Osun state so he wouldnt know there are yorubas in Port Harcourt. Benin. Asaba. Kwale, Abuja.Bayelsa, Warri, Escravos etc..

I have always maintained that unless yorubas who are frequent travellers begin to move beyond Iwo road, they will continue to have their soul lenses myopic and make impusive, irrational decisions that do not make sense.

It is a lesson to the discerning. All of us with to approach setting up installations in foreign bases. Why it maybe noble, setting up in fireign bases should not be the only/major asset

Anyways, I see no other than Obasa's finger print all over this action

Did Obasa collect your wife? FHA is federal, it has nothing to do with Lagos state!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.