Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (58161 Views)

My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / My Family Has Been Scammed / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by YeyeGbami: 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Available9:

Same with land...30 years later, a faction of the family will come out to say their uncle was the rightful owner

These demolition dey vex me, cos money na opportunity

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by DDIA: 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
jeff1993:
An average Igbo man Is a traveler. He likes comfort anywhere he is so he goes all out to do it and that may be his greatest undoing.

Pls learn to build houses with adequate paper works. Ask questions. No be any land u see, u want to develop. Make sure u get all the whole certificates before u make move to avoid all these.
Developers will not hear grin

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by tishbite42: 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Blitzerz:
Start demolishing yoruba houses in other parts of the country
How many houses do they have outside their homestead?!
How many houses do they have inside Yorubaland sef??
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Look at how Israel has become the landlord from the position of tenants in the Palestinian land, look at what the Fulani people did in our own Ilorin, look at what Akeredolu's wife Anyanwu is perpetrating in Ondo State, look at what an Igbo boy Chinedu trying to become Governor in our own Center of Excellence, look at what Sardauna of Sokoto said about them in more than 50 years ago, we must find a way to curb their excesses, they are of no value to we Yorubas, we must watch them with our two eyes open and always remind them where they are from

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Levels1(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks

So unfortunate.

But then

They should all go back to their respective State of Origin and start all over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Achor1111(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wickedness
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by placeofallure(f): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
wizelink:
Oh no. In this hard time. So sorry. It's one of story you will tell your kids about Nigeria and her clueless rulers.

Oh no! Don't be sentimental! There's no clueless leader anything here. Why didn't he have his documents? We always charge our leaders to be responsible, let's play our part too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by budaatum: 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
PHIPEX:
Who sold the land? These people did not just wake up and build a house, they boughtvthe supposed land from someone.

How about the criminals that sold the lands?

Why does the govt wait for people to finish their building before demolishing them?

I hope you have heard that buyers should beware of criminals selling land so you don't go buying fake land or fake anything for that matter.

But if you haven't yet learnt, I have a bridge to sell.

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Achor1111(m): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
Levels1:

So unfortunate.

But then

Just read what you typed
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Afamed: 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jcomtrader:
Sorry bro
Even as a SS person all my investments remain in the SS. The rest go abroad

Like i always say i would rather eat pizza with my money that invest it a territory that hates me.
Your 300m will get good property anywhere jn the world and fetch you dollar rent if you dont know what to do with jt

The new lagos speaker joined with BAT at the center have mever hidden their disdain for foreigners
Hypocrite in you. In Abroad do you build on govt registered area?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Levels1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks

So unfortunate.

But then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Britishpea: 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
Lol a house worth 300M naira without valid docs to sue the government.
That’s too expensive of a building to lack proper docs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by OloYeOfEgbE: 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
BOSSkesh:
It’s not tribalism
Theses houses do not have proper documentation
And built with substandard materials
Also the buildings aren’t properly planned and it’s built illegally
However the case, compensation is paid to ease the suffering

Abeg shift....you are not from.Lagos.

No member of your family owns a house in lagos..just sit this one out
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by TUTU147: 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
It sad,if this is truly about ethnicity and politics it will have a very big negative impact on the state.Why will government waited until all the houses are completed before coming out to reclaim it.My uncle never recover from the shock when military demolished his house in Kano state.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by chatinent: 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
Codepain:
Sorry Ezenwa grin

Is it ok to laugh at people's misery? Would you like it if it were you?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Levels1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
Achor1111:

Just read what you typed

Oh do you expect them to be sleeping on the street?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by 3ice9ce: 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jostoman:
i knew it is igbo people's property they are destroying. This are some of the injustice against igbo that Nnamdi kanu and Simon Ekpa are fighting against.

So, it is Igbos stealing government land and building on it?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by OlawaleBammie: 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Very sad and painful. put yourself in these people shoes.

Lasg will pretend to be blind until people invest their sweat in these projects,, they will now come later to pull it down. Na pure wickedness nothing more!

Why not stop or prevent them from working on the lands at all 🙁🙁

The person has enough money to erect another structure under lekki powerline, after all he has bn feeding the yoruba for the past 30years now tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by 3ice9ce: 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
Britishpea:
Lol a house worth 300M naira without valid docs to sue the government.
That’s too expensive of a building to lack proper docs.

Baba, them no get.
They have Survey and Omonile Receipt. What protection can Survey and Omonile Receipt give you over Federal Government land?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Godfullsam(m): 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jcomtrader:
Sorry bro
Even as a SS person all my investments remain in the SS. The rest go abroad

Like i always say i would rather eat pizza with my money that invest it a territory that hates me.
Your 300m will get good property anywhere jn the world and fetch you dollar rent if you dont know what to do with jt

The new lagos speaker joined with BAT at the center have mever hidden their disdain for foreigners

Stop attaching this your 'they hate us' mentality to everything.

This house is just one of the many houses that was demolished. I am sure there are other tribes that fell victim also.

Even if you invest in properties abroad without proper documentation your investment will go down the drain
There was demolition of illegal structures in imo state and anambra state recently, will you also call it hatred?
Governor Wike carried out demolition of some illegal structures in PH some times ago, will you also call it hatred?

Let's wise up pls.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by OlawaleBammie: 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
chatinent:

Is it ok to laugh at people's misery? Would you like it if it were you?
He said sorry na... cry
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by gannod(m): 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
This is really bad. Even if they don't have the necessary documents, their buildings should not be pulled down. Omoluabi Yorubas are not known to be vindictive and sadistic. Elections are over, everybody has the rights to vote whoever he or she likes,we should let bygone be bygone. Sanwo Olu should be reasonable enough to leave these people alone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Achor1111(m): 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2023
Levels1:

Oh do you expect them to be sleeping on the street?
This is pure wickedness
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by stuffs2002: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:
Too bad

What kind of country is this for crying out loud, the government don't have human feelings (I'm home, come and carry me)

If at all, the property owners might have done the wrong thing, two wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day, they fit still use 10 years or more before they make use of that land piece....why? Why are we treating ourselves like this? There should always be a way of sorting this if it is compelling the structures abeg.

But one other thing, if this has political undertone, I won't personally forgive sanwoolu as much as I like him

All these IPOB logic would never work.

If it were to happen under El-Rifai government in Kaduna state, the state government will demolish the building and the person who owned would pay for the demolition.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by 3ice9ce: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2023
Blitzerz:
Start demolishing yoruba houses in other parts of the country

If they build on government land, demolish it.
If they don't build on government land and you demolish it, na to throw fire inside una warehouse for Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by 3ice9ce: 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
gannod:
This is really bad. Even if they don't have the necessary documents, their buildings should not be pulled down. Omoluabi Yorubas are not known to be vindictive and sadistic. Elections are over, everybody has the rights to vote whoever he or she likes,we should let bygone be bygone. Sanwo Olu should be reasonable enough to leave these people alone.

The buildings were built on FG committed land. Go and Google what commited land means.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by wizelink(m): 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
placeofallure:

Oh no! Don't be sentimental! There's no clueless leader anything here. Why didn't he have his documents? We always charge our leaders to be responsible, let's play our part too.
Do you know what it means to loss N300m worth of a property? How many of the cronies of the state governor have their documents to their properties but still left untouched or do such people not available in Lagos?
Mr. I will continue to blame the rulers.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by stuffs2002: 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
BOSSkesh:
It’s not tribalism
Theses houses do not have proper documentation
And built with substandard materials
Also the buildings aren’t properly planned and it’s built illegally
However the case, compensation is paid to ease the suffering

El-Rufai demolishes illegal structures and still asked the owners to pay for the demolitions. This will serve as a deterrent to anyone thinking of building illegal structures

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by sangresan(m): 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

Approach the Lagos House Assembly or the National Assembly.

Even though I support Government's attempt at reclaiming land, but those house owners should be properly compensated as bonafide Nigerians.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by SoNature(m): 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
How can you have a house worth 300 million without C of O?

The problem of this country is that many people don't care about laws because they think they are rich and above the law.

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by TrumpDonald2: 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Even in your homeland, if you do not do proper verification, you can still fall in same shoes.

The point you should be emphasizing about is, doing due diligent investigations before venturing into real estate investment.

Let's stop supporting evil. If truly there was no notice prior to the demolition, then the government is wrong and its clearly an act of revenge.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by iokpebholo: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
We warned them before the last election but they told us to allow them waste their votes,now them dey cry grin grin grin grin.All of una go hear wen from APC hand walahi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.