Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (58169 Views)

My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / My Family Has Been Scammed / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2023
gannod:

You are not only pathetic, you are stupid. I understand you take after your dad in the area of stupidity but atleast, pretend as if your stupidity is not as much as your dad. If you were not as moronic as your dad, you would have noticed my plea was meant for the government not to a compound fool such as you. I understand fools like you talk before you think, all the same,leave me out of your misery. I am not responsible for your unfortunate parent's inability to give birth to intelligent children. I also understand you are a product of a broken home but atleast, pretend you can still be constructive inspite of your dumbness.

You will be banned and I will laugh
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by gannod(m): 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
Gajagojo:

You will be banned and I will laugh

grin grin grin is that the best you have got? Banning means retards like you can continue to run your mouths? Go and tell your unfortunate father that he is an embarrassment for giving birth to nitw*t like you. Go back and learn how to talk to people since your unfortunate dad did not teach you well. A ko igba, omo lasan ekeji aja. Bibi ire ko se fowo ra.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by IbeOkehie: 10:14pm On Nov 24, 2023
Nwaotu10:

You're aware of the reality, but pretending not to understand why those houses were demolished is just self-deception. It's common knowledge that politics played a role in it.

I cautioned my brothers against investing beyond Igboland, but they chose to overlook my advice. Experience, as they often say, will likely be their best teacher in this situation. grin

Of course the Lagos State Government is pursuing a tribal, specifically anti-Igbo agenda.

But,

this happens in the Igbo States as well. I hope you know that? As in Igbo people losing their lands and houses to government? There's too many instances. What I don't get is why people ...including the victims...keep making arguments that they have property rights in Nigeria. It's crazy 🤪

The biggest and latest I remember was when Rochas Okorocha designated Orlu as a Township. Most Nigerians have no idea what it means when a place is converted to, or gazetted as a TOWNSHIP. The people of Orlu of course resisted and I don't know the outcome. What I do know is if government is determined, they can do whatever they want because it's their legal right.

Nobody owns any land in Nigeria, anywhere in Nigeria.

Good Luck to Nigerians!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by ppogba: 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2023
gannod:

If your father had common sense, he would not have given birth to an Inbec*le like you. A retard who could not drive home without insults should be a shame to his father but I guess you inherited the stupidity from your dad, who did not train you well to comport your self on a forum like this. When next you want to comment on sundry issues, you should atleast chose your battle wisely.

I am glad you answered my question with so much conviction.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by dinkyicon: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
casualobserver:

If you did due dligence they won’t be pulling down your house so clearly there are many people with more money than sense.
exactly
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by dinkyicon: 10:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
Zeebuy:

Make una no dey talk this thing. Everyone who wants to buy a parcel of land will always go to the ministry of lands to get approval. You want to tell me the ministry gave approval whereas the area is government property?

read well bro. I never supported people building without consent or authorization. I'm saying due diligence is very important
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by dinkyicon: 10:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
soccerlite:

Repent and seek forgiveness

Gbogbo nkan ko ni abosi

Who can afford to buy land or build house in Lagos and not have money to chart the land they want to buy

Haba think na

The government keeps shifting the post

Ohun tabi gbin la O ma

Ire o

Brooooo read what I typed naaa
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by dinkyicon: 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2023
soccerlite:

Repent and seek forgiveness

Gbogbo nkan ko ni abosi

Who can afford to buy land or build house in Lagos and not have money to chart the land they want to buy

Haba think na

The government keeps shifting the post

Ohun tabi gbin la O ma

Ire o
invariably i said the fault 8s from the developers or buyer that lagos has a blue print (need to chart your property to know the status) dat building without approval and you think government will pat you on your back
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by brownlolly(m): 10:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
I read something about the property land reclaimed from a swampy area. Why isn't anyone talking about that? That is a waterway, that was sand-filled, and the implication os that is blockage of drainage which causes flooding and displaces people from their homes.

Without question, the house shouldn't have been built without proper documentation.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by JIBO4REAL(m): 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
soccerlite:

You mean someone who has spent 300m on a building will not want to get right document

Haba must you support evil in the name of tribalism

Or someone told you you are immune to evil

What goes around comes around

Can you calm down and read over what the house owners said, because if you read with your mind you will understand the point not the sentiment
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Fearyourcreator: 10:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:
Too bad

What kind of country is this for crying out loud, the government don't have human feelings (I'm home, come and carry me)

If at all, the property owners might have done the wrong thing, two wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day, they fit still use 10 years or more before they make use of that land piece....why? Why are we treating ourselves like this? There should always be a way of sorting this if it is compelling to demolish the structures abeg.

But one other thing, if this has political undertone, I won't personally forgive sanwoolu as much as I like him
If na abroad you no go talk .. you dey madt ... them go tell people them go dey say government no go come... naso them do for my former area , they were even paid to vacate, some were even selling that same property to people not staying in the area ... people no dey hear word and greedy same time... government never comes ooo... I dey wait for when they will come , I go swear for people tire

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Fearyourcreator: 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jcomtrader:
Sorry bro
Even as a SS person all my investments remain in the SS. The rest go abroad

Like i always say i would rather eat pizza with my money that invest it a territory that hates me.
Your 300m will get good property anywhere jn the world and fetch you dollar rent if you dont know what to do with jt

The new lagos speaker joined with BAT at the center have mever hidden their disdain for foreigners
Oponu
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Calitoscassius(m): 10:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
Daystar7:

Behave yourself. I'm an Igbo man and I don't agree with you. One should have a home where he does business. Lagos is overcrowded not because it's special but because of the ports hence good for business. Owning a house is much better than living in a rented apartment. You don't live in Lagos, neither do you do business here. Owning real estate here is also more lucrative than home cos people 'll keep moving to Lagos. If you really care ask the federal government to give one Seaport each to Rivers and Anambra and watch Lagos become decongested within 6 months. Stop with the tribal hate, Yoruba's too should stop it. Lagos is enjoying an unfair advantage over others and was once a capital and British settlement so y'all can't be glorifying it like y'all did something special. Which other state in the SW can boast of Lagos economy. None. Y'all should quit tribalism. Lagos is congested and overcrowded for no reason but greed of the government. Give seaport to other regions too. Lagos is dirty because of this
What da hell are you on about? undecided anyway, i am glad you agree with me that Lagos is over crowded, over congested, over populated and overhyped shithole.

You people call yourself millionaires and businessmen but you all cannot get together put money together and buld seaport in your southeast if seaport is that important to your businesses and money making (which obviously it is) if you keep waiting for government seaport will never be built in southeast because they want you people to keep paying high clearance prices at Lagos seaport and enriching Lagos. While Lagos are paying you back by demolishing your multi million naira houses.

It would not matter how much you people invest in a seaport in the southeast you and your generation will still recover the money and make so much profits from the seaport for many many years to come.

If you keep building these expensive houses in Lagos they will keep demolishing them. They don't want you anymore in Lagos. They made it clear during this recent election. They believe that Lagos has become rich enough and doesn't need you people anymore.

You people should think like businessmen you call yourselves and build the seaport yourselves in the southeast.

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by DDIA: 10:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

The message is clear, Lagos is "NEVER" 'no -man's -land" .
2027 is around the corner, if you mess up again, all of your 2 by 2 shops will be demolished as well.
grin grin grin
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by aylipple: 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
May we not labour only for bulldozers to come and reduce them to rubbles.

It's very unfortunate this is happening after years of sweat, finances, resources & blood but there are still lessons to be learnt amid all the destruction, tears & regrets; in the words of the great Kenny Rogers

… You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done...

You Gerrit? If you don't Gerrit, (whistles out of thread)...

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by shegzee43: 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
Gajagojo:

You really do not know this to be true
Have seen the approval?
Who signed it?
On what date?

The way you carry rumours around as it you are a participant is funny

Where on earth do you erect a structure without a government approval?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by LyfeJennings(m): 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:
Too bad

What kind of country is this for crying out loud, the government don't have human feelings (I'm home, come and carry me)

If at all, the property owners might have done the wrong thing, two wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day, they fit still use 10 years or more before they make use of that land piece....why? Why are we treating ourselves like this? There should always be a way of sorting this if it is compelling to demolish the structures abeg.

But one other thing, if this has political undertone, I won't personally forgive sanwoolu as much as I like him

Dey play
God no go let U forgive Sanwo and as U are hating him
Please go to your barren land

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by placeofallure(f): 11:23pm On Nov 24, 2023
Mbanda:
Don't rejoice yet because, there's an adage that says, "he who seeks evil and celebrates it, will sure find it in abundance". That evil you omo jagudas are seeking and celebrating in lagos that is not even your land, will surely visit your homes with it's full luggage and will never depart.

Nwa akwuna kwuna aburu onu!

If it's not so much our land, we dare the "real" owners to come collect it!

All your curses, back to sender.
Epe ko pa elepe, ki asasi ko pa alasasi
For you and many imbecilic idiots like you, Ọkàn yín o ni balẹ!
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by placeofallure(f): 11:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
wizelink:

Do you know what it means to loss N300m worth of a property? How many of the cronies of the state governor have their documents to their properties but still left untouched or do such people not available in Lagos?
Mr. I will continue to blame the rulers.

You're being sentimental. Many things are wrong; let the good one begin with you. There maybe many whose properties are still standing but who do not have papers...The government is wielding its powers, it can swing in whatever direction, why allow yourself be the deterrent others will learn from? Is it not better to fulfill all necessary conditions?

Be the change that you desire and stop whining. We move!
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 12:07am On Nov 25, 2023
shegzee43:

Where on earth do you erect a structure without a government approval?
Have you seen the approval stop all these silly armchair rationalisation and pseudo logic

You are making baseless assumptions and frankly a senseless argument.
All those collapsed buildings in which people died and which were built without approval happened Where ? Mars? or Jupiter?
Did building demolition in Nigeria start in 2023?
Demolition is not happening in Anambra? In Abuja?,Kano?Port Harcourt?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Mbanda(m): 12:09am On Nov 25, 2023
placeofallure:

If it's not so much our land, we dare the "real" owners to come collect it!

All your curses, back to sender.
Epe ko pa elepe, ki asasi ko pa alasasi
For you and many imbecilic idiots like you, Ọkàn yín o ni balẹ!

Ozu nwuru anwu bu otu isi akpa ghari. What you call curse (because that is what your tiny brain can decipher) is what I call stating the obvious fact.

Okpo sara ikpu ahia!
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Levels1(m): 12:13am On Nov 25, 2023
new2012:

Not only is it an offense, it's an insult.. telling a Nigerian to go back home is an insult because he comes from a different state.

the most important problem is that youre a bigot, you don't know it and you yet defend it. Retrace your steps, learn and change your ways.

Imagine a Nigerian in Canada being told by the white Canadian to go back to his country. it's considered racist right? then think abt your own choice of words, you're a tribalist, bigotry has eaten deep in you to a point you spew it without thinking abt it.

LoLs

All this for me just because I'm been honest

Are you trying to tell me something else? Will their lives be at danger if they should go back home?

Are they not developer anymore?

All this crying around won't yield anything until they are all sent back to their respective state.

This is one of the best methods to curb insecurity around as they are majorly violent and criminal minded one's which you can't equally dispute.

If you are equally in Lagos State I will advise you move out before you are sent back with actions or inactions.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Walz001: 12:32am On Nov 25, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks

Dont build on illlegal site just because the government is not talking now
Always do proper investigation before you build on any land .... what if you have Built and sold it to people will you give them their money back if government breaks it .... so lets do things the right way because of future preference
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by MarketDispatch: 12:37am On Nov 25, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks

Until Sanwo Olu arrests and jails the Government officials that collected money and approved buildings not on Masterplan, these demolitions will be seen by many as being targeted at particular ethnic group who are majority in the area.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 12:38am On Nov 25, 2023
gannod:

If you read through my comment, I did not argue about whether they built legally or illegally. My point is, the government should temper judgement with mercy.

You have no point
You have low intelligence and no common sense
A brainless boor
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 12:40am On Nov 25, 2023
gannod:

If you read through my comment, I did not argue about whether they built legally or illegally. My point is, the government should temper judgement with mercy.
Shut your mouth.It stinks
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 1:16am On Nov 25, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Of course the Lagos State Government is pursuing a tribal, specifically anti-Igbo agenda.

But,

this happens in the Igbo States as well. I hope you know that? As in Igbo people losing their lands and houses to government? There's too many instances. What I don't get is why people ...including the victims...keep making arguments that they have property rights in Nigeria. It's crazy 🤪

The biggest and latest I remember was when Rochas Okorocha designated Orlu as a Township. Most Nigerians have no idea what it means when a place is referred to as TOWNSHIP. The people of Orlu of course resisted and I don't know the outcome. What I do know I'd if government is determined, they can do whatever they want because it's their legal right.

Nobody owns any land in Nigeria, anywhere in Nigeria.

Good Luck to Nigerians!

But this is the Federal government not Lagos state
So clearly you are not being rational here
The Federal government owns land too e.g airports,military installations,Ports ,power stations ,housing estates etc.
When people encroach the FG can take action
Why then are you reading a tribal motive?
Answer

People see the world NOT

the way it is
BUT
the way they are
You are seeing yourself in the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Tito24: 1:26am On Nov 25, 2023
Jcomtrader:
Sorry bro
Even as a SS person all my investments remain in the SS. The rest go abroad

Like i always say i would rather eat pizza with my money that invest it a territory that hates me.
Your 300m will get good property anywhere jn the world and fetch you dollar rent if you dont know what to do with jt

The new lagos speaker joined with BAT at the center have mever hidden their disdain for foreigners
develop your land and stop being toxic in other people's region

Even if you go abroad you'll experience the same treatment

Las Las Lagos is not no man's land 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Drsmartphilips: 2:13am On Nov 25, 2023
Boyooosa:
Too bad

human feeling for an Israeli land grabber,he should have been killed too,he is a criminal
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by sweetgala(m): 2:13am On Nov 25, 2023
DDIA:

The Abule Ado/ Festac 2 has nothing to do with Lagos State government, it's with federal housing authority.

Anyone who builds a 300M mansion on a disputed land is a fool, these guys have known of this for years.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Hotice085: 2:14am On Nov 25, 2023
DDIA:

As a kid then in festac this were the kind of men we hated, they destroyed man of the playground we used to play football
I have no pity for them, I know how we fought many of them and FHA officials, even the green zone they destroyed it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom / Cost Of Constructing A Mini Swimming Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.