Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,936 members, 7,828,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (58150 Views)

My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / My Family Has Been Scammed / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by onuman: 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
Abagworo:
I have zero pity for Igbos building residential properties in Lagos except you're a multimillionaire and see it as something you can lose anytime.
So why then do Yoruba support continuation of one Nigeria if we have a country where ethnic groups are restricted in their domains?
Crude oil is not all there is for a country to survive. Nigeria has earned income from crude oil for more than 60 years. What is the outcome?
One's own country is a country which one remembers and be happy.

Yoruba is not happy with Nigeria given this demolitions going on in Lagos.
Igbo has never been happy with Nigeria.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
Flame333:

Lagos just realised there are land grabbers in Festac.. If not for the systemic hatred against Igbos after the election.. Remember after the election, Lagos state house of assembly said they would pass law that will help them reclaim what belong to the true people of Lagos.. See the way buildings are going with governmental power without sanctioning or retiring the process that approve the structures in the first place... Just a sad for Igbos..
FESTAC belongs to the Federal government you are barking up the wrong tree

4 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by casualobserver: 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaxxy:

so why would u issue c of o to such building? or it was the owner who issued it to himself?

Oga c of o is not a buIlding permit. As you can see from the law it is very clear in black and white, you cannot obtain a building permit without permission from the ministry of environment.

As the commissioner said boldly on TV, if you have a legitimate c of o go and meet the person that gave you. Even If it is legt (which I doubt). C of o is not permission to build.

5 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2023
maasoap:

Two wrongs? Where did you see two wrongs? That's righting the wrongs.
BTW: someone with 300 million naira house can afford temporary accommodation pending the time he will have another permanent abode

I don't want this to sound like an argument, rather, an opinion.

Two wrongs is when one person is wrong and the other was trying to right the wrong in a wrong or inappropriate way...ideal would have been appropriate approach and soft landing provision for affected innocent citizens

The owner in this case may even be a wolf crier but consider the direct and indirect innocent victims, tenants etc.... Nigeria is tensed for now. Don't doubt me!

Another concern is, if you need to cleanse a system, it must be clinical...sanctions should visit every quarters involved in the allotment, approvals and supervision as may concern the handling agencies.

With this, we will go home and sleep, eyes closed that new nigeria has arrived
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
casualobserver:

Oga c of o is not a buIlding permit. As you can see from the law it is very clear in black and white, you cannot obtain a building permit without permission from the ministry of environment.

As the commissioner said boldly on TV, if you have a legitimate c of o go and meet the person that gave you. Even If it is legt (which I doubt). C of o is not permission to build.

Lol see contradiction. So it is the building permit that is the issue now not the c of o?

and the c of o was given without verification of building permit from ministry of environment in lagos?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by InvertedHammer: 7:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
/
Pennywise pound foolish.
Oh now he wants to negotiate and pay FHA.

He had N300 million to build a mansion but couldn't pay about N200k for a trained eye to do proper investigation of the swamp before purchase.

Oh well...
/

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by CoronaVirusPro: 7:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
onuman:

LASG gave builders the CofO. Many years after the building was completed, another boss of LASG declare the CofO illegal in order to demolish the houses and reacquire the land for sale to another developer.

SERIAL FRAUD. THE FRAUD NOW GOING ON IN THESE LAGOS DEMOLITIONS OCCUR BECAUSE A BOLA TINUBU IS IN CHARGE OF NIGERIA.

Common!

Don't believe every lie they tell you!

With a CofO, LASG will pay through their nose. Do you know the legal implication of such?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Charly68: 7:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
Igbos were shown love but they mistook it for foolishness claiming they want to claim Lagos and rule it. Now that their plan has backfired we now know who the landlord is.. .They need divine intervention on this matter as it stands today .

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by casualobserver: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaxxy:

Lol see contradiction. So it is the building permit that is the issue now not the c of o?

and the c of o was given without verification of building permit from ministry of environment in lagos?

I don’t see what the problem is, The commissioner said if you have valid documents go and meet the people or ministry that gave you, your problem is with them. As far as ministry of environment is concerned, dra8nages and canals are their territory and they didn’t give you clearance/ permit and therefore you have no permission to build.

What I suspect is this:

Some people bought land from the govt or agents either knowing it was illegal or were unknowingly scammed. Some crooked civil servants sold the land knowing you cant get approval to build on it. It is like I have a car that is problematic and will never work but you insist on buying it from me, or my mechanic who knows the car won’t work scams you and buys the car from me to sell you you. If that is the case go and meet the person who gave you c of o.

That however is different from building permit. To actually erect a structure on a drainage channel, you must have been involved in illegality as the homeowner because you clearly do not have a MOE permit. You cannot claim not to know you are building on a drainage channel and you can’t claim you don’t know the requirements.

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by siant: 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
Govt in Nigeria is a scam. It is only meant to protect and preserve the interest of few group of people, known as ruling and economic class.
If I were to choose between Nigerian state and Hobbesian state of Nature, where only powerful survive, I will gladly go for the latter.Let's see if these so called rulling/economic elites will survive.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Flame333: 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
Gajagojo:
FESTAC belongs to the Federal government you are harking up the wrong tree

Federal government owns everywhere.. Check well
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Iamzik: 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:
Too bad

What kind of country is this for crying out loud, the government don't have human feelings (I'm home, come and carry me)

If at all, the property owners might have done the wrong thing, two wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day, they fit still use 10 years or more before they make use of that land piece....why? Why are we treating ourselves like this? There should always be a way of sorting this if it is compelling to demolish the structures abeg.

But one other thing, if this has political undertone, I won't personally forgive sanwoolu as much as I like him

If they allow this one to slide, others will do worse. Demolition happens even in the east if you build illegal structure on government land. There is no political undertone anywhere. Houses belonging to yorubas were also demolished but na una people Sabi cry pass for social media.

In a bid to colonize Lagos your people are so desperate that they will pay dubiou omo onile just to answer Lagos landlord and claim that "we developed Lagos"

I'm sorry for their loss but the law is the law
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by maasoap(m): 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:

I don't want this to sound like an argument, rather, an opinion.

Two wrongs is when one person is wrong and the other was trying to right the wrong in a wrong or inappropriate way...ideal would have been appropriate approach and soft landing provision for affected innocent citizens

The owner in this case may even be a wolf crier but consider the direct and indirect innocent victims, tenants etc.... Nigeria is tensed for now. Don't doubt me!

Another concern is, if you need to cleanse a system, it must be clinical...sanctions should visit every quarters involved in the allotment, approvals and supervision as may concern the handling agencies.

With this, we will go home and sleep, eyes closed that new nigeria has arrived
So, what do you think the Govt should have done concerning these cases? Remember that it couldn't have been him alone in this. Govt can't let those buildings stand
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by flokii: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
Ol0shi man.. I'm sure he is one of those idi0ts that come online to brag about buying up Lagos and lording over Yorubas in Lagos.

You get 300million to build mansion and you no go your papa village go build house there. When time reach, you'll enter GUO back to Anambra or wherever you came from and start from scratch.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by djon78(m): 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks

Continue building in Lagos

If this is not a serious warning
You should continue

Building in Lagos to me is a very big waste of resources

If you can't build in the East

FCT is a much secured investment
And you can get back your money with profit anytime you want to sell
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks

It is federal government property. And they want to use it. You can go to court. Shishi dem no go pay you and your likes. Enjoy the demolition...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2023
casualobserver:

I don’t see what the problem is, The commissioner said if you have valid documents go and meet the people or ministry that gave you, your problem is with them. As far as ministry of environment is concerned, dra8nages and canals are their territory and they didn’t give you clearance/ permit and therefore you have no permission to build.

What I suspect is this:

Some people bought land from the govt or agents either knowing it was illegal or were unknowingly scammed. Some crooked civil servants sold the land knowing you cant get approval to build on it. It is like I have a car that is problematic and will never work but you insist on buying it from me, or my mechanic who knows the car won’t work scams you and buys the car from me to sell you you. If that is the case go and meet the person who gave you c of o.

That however is different from building permit. To actually erect a structure on a drainage channel, you must have been involved in illegality as the homeowner because you clearly do not have a MOE permit. You cannot claim not to know you are building on a drainage channel and you can’t claim you don’t know the requirements.

what do u mean by civil servants sold land illegally? and what do u mean by go and meet the person who gave u c of o?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaxxy:
I think it's unfair to demolish people's property without a fair hearing, proper investigation and possible compensation.

Nobody builds a property worth millions expecting it to be demolished.

Compensation for building on government property without following the right channel? He said, they developed the place ignorantly.
Shishi dem no go get...

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by flokii: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
Charly68:
Igbos were shown love but they mistook it for foolishness claiming they want to claim Lagos and rule it. Now that their plan has backfired we now know who the landlord is.. .They need divine intervention on this matter as it stands today .

They've not seen anything yet...
Alejo oran ti ko fe ki onile gbadun, oun gan o ni ni isimi.
They'll pack their things by themselves and relocate elsewhere.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by djon78(m): 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

I am so sad about this, but if it's true that some Ethnic are targeted due to last election; u people went too far boasting LAGOS is no Man's Land , knowing u bought land with no proper DOCUMENTS... lesson for the Others.

exactly lesson not to invest in Lagos properties

East is better if not
Or FCT is better secured investment
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by djon78(m): 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

I am so sad about this, but if it's true that some Ethnic are targeted due to last election; u people went too far boasting LAGOS is no Man's Land , knowing u bought land with no proper DOCUMENTS... lesson for the Others.

exactly lesson not to invest in Lagos properties

East is better if not
Or FCT is better for secured investment
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Pootle: 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Even in your homeland, if you do not do proper verification, you can still fall in same shoes.

The point you should be emphasizing about is, doing due diligent investigations before venturing into real estate investment.

even ojumeje church was demolish and rough handled in his home state

4 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
PHIPEX:
Who sold the land? These people did not just wake up and build a house, they bought the supposed land from someone.

How about the criminals that sold the lands?

Why does the govt wait for people to finish their building before demolishing them? "Delay defeats equity"

You made a valid point. The government should fish out those who sold the lands to them....
Like they say ignorant is not an excuse. They failed to carry out any investigation, before buying the lands. As a matter of fact, all federal and lagos state government lands are clearly stated in lagos blue print. They should blame themselves. Cuz, they won't get a kobo from the federal government

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
Flame333:

Federal government owns everywhere.. Check well

shut up

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Blitzerz:
Start demolishing yoruba houses in other parts of the country

Mind you, there are lots of yoruba properties there too.

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Benoxvals(m): 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
yinkus6750:
Why build without proper documents and follow due process?
If you were on the right path, you could have sied the government.

Sue Nigerian government?
You got to be kidding me..
Destroying a man’s 300M property in this economy is a Carlos thing to do..
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by slowice(m): 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
You will rise again sir. We don't die we multiply.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by gaskiyamagana: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

The message is clear, Lagos is "NEVER" 'no -man's -land" .
2027 is around the corner, if you mess up again, all of your 2 by 2 shops will be demolished as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.