Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (58157 Views)

My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / My Family Has Been Scammed / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by soullove1881(m): 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Mudashiru Obasa. Obasa, Obasa, Obasa

Do you guys know yorubas are also outside the SW?

Obasa doesnt go beyond Iwo Road or Gbogan in Osun state so he wouldnt know there are yorubas in Port Harcourt. Benin. Asaba. Kwale, Abuja.Bayelsa, Warri, Escravos etc..

I have always maintained that unless yorubas who are frequent travellers begin to move beyond Iwo road, they will continue to have their soul lenses myopic and make impusive, irrational decisions that do not make sense.

It is a lesson to the discerning. All of us with to approach setting up installations in foreign bases. Why it maybe noble, setting up in fireign bases should not be the only/major asset

Anyways, I see no other than Obasa's finger print all over this action

There are thousands of Yorubas in AKWA IBOM and Uyo. So I don't think your assertion about Yorubas not traveling outside their state is correct. In fact, most of ogas in Mobil at Ibeno are YORUBAS. In fact most of the best schools in Uyo are owned by them.

4 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Mbanda(m): 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
placeofallure:
It's a proverb.... instead of developing another's, develop your own first.

Bi Ina ba n jo ni, to n jo ọmọ ẹni, ta ra ẹni la a kọkọ gbọn.

Mbanda, You will learn your lesson by fire by force!
Don't rejoice yet because, there's an adage that says, "he who seeks evil and celebrates it, will surely find it in abundance". That evil you omo jagudas are seeking and celebrating in lagos that is not even your land, will surely visit your homes with it's full luggage and will never depart.

Nwa akwuna kwuna aburu onu!
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by kkonsults: 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Very unfortunate situation
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by 1TrippleCee: 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
soullove1881:

There are thousands of Yorubas in AKWA IBOM and Uyo. So I don't think your assertion about Yorubas not traveling outside their state is correct. In fact, most of ogas in Mobil at Ibeno are YORUBAS. In fact most of the best schools in Uyo are owned by them.

Obasa doesnt go beyond Iwo Road or Gbogan in Osun state so he wouldnt know there are yorubas in Port Harcourt. Benin. Asaba. Kwale, Abuja.Bayelsa, Warri, Escravos etc..

I have always maintained that unless yorubas who are frequent travellers begin to move beyond Iwo road, they will continue to have their soul lenses myopic and make impusive, irrational decisions that do not make sense.

It is a lesson to the discerning. All of us with to approach setting up installations in foreign bases. Why it maybe noble, setting up in fireign bases should not be the only/major asset

You are not getting my point. The yorubas who dont move out of their hometown do not know they have relatives with investments outside their regions.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
300m mansion in Abule-Ado you say!

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Raf4: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

I am so sad about this, but if it's true that some Ethnic are targeted due to last election; u people went too far boasting LAGOS is no Man's Land , knowing u bought land with no proper DOCUMENTS... lesson for the Others.

If it's only one ethnic group that is affected by this building demolition, then it means that ethnic group likes to cut corners instead of observing due process.
There's no where in the world where you will be allowed to build on drainage channels or against the master plan.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by CoronaVirusPro: 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

Let's stop supporting evil. If truly there was no notice prior to the demolition, then the government is wrong and its clearly an act of vendetta.

The government knows the law more than you do and wont try such if those properties had legal docs.

I made mention of what happened in port harcourt when mile 3 road was about to be expanded, Do you know how many properties were consumed? Sincerely, you have no idea! But people like you will still blame the government for destroying the properties of multitude, without heaping blames that built without setbacks!

I saw a video of some of those properties and I was pained. Imagine someone seeing a sand field canal, and still payed for it! That should have been the first trigger to do proper verification. People seeing the ill and still dumping money on it.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by casualobserver: 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaxxy:
I think it's unfair to demolish people's property without a fair hearing, proper investigation and possible compensation.

Nobody builds a property worth millions expecting it to be demolished.

Compensation for illegality? Who is compensating those whose houses are flooded every time it rains because you built on illegal drainage channels?

Like the commissioner said, you should be thankful the govt is not charging you for the equipment, labor and diesel to Tera your houses down as a result of you blocking the drainage channels.

4 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by 89green: 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
Tinubu till 4042
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by treatise: 5:59pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks
Let him approach a competent court if he has requisite papers; if you contravened set rules/regulations don't come here to fan the embers of ethnicity. Simply put forward papers issued by same state.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Levels1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
Achor1111:

This is pure wickedness

Haba

I have only give an honest suggestion from my own point of view since he said he doesn't know what else to do. Besides I don't think going back home is an offence.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by just2endowed: 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
akingangan:
It's just an unfortunate situation. The government should not have let the construction get to that stage before doing something about it.

The tenants and landlords should get compensation regardless.

Lagos state actually issued building permit. He sure die.

L
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
stuffs2002:

All these IPOB logic would never work.

If it were to happen under El-Rifai government in Kaduna state, the state government will demolish the building and the person who owned would pay for the demolition.

Yeah, I understand that state / national development shouldn't be subjected to emotions, whatsoever but the reality is, those structures did not spring up within a wink....some government representatives approved and allowed those structures to be (that's an area to note)

Meanwhile, knife has done what he can do best, what I expected is, government should take charge, review and see the way they can achieve their dream without making the victims and offenders lose outrightly....

I am of the opinion that a thorough welfare arrangement that comes with fairness can be employed and they will still achieve their dream of working with the initial structural plan of almighty Lagos state.

Remember, Abuja's case or Kaduna you referred to is nowhere in comparison to Paris nor Dubai
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by CrownLands(m): 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
Land acquisition is a serious business.
Your perfect choice for residence should not prevent you from doing proper "due-diligence" before buying such "encumbered land."

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by DDIA: 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
Godfullsam:

Why exactly are you laughing
Soooo man can laugh in peace again?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by todugo(m): 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
tamdun:
300 million? Dey play
His not Lying o. Some houses are bought furnished.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by IbeOkehie: 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
THERE'S NO PROPERTY RIGHTS IN NIGERIA. I've written this time and again. That's not my opinion it's the LAW. Not only the law it's part of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria so changing it will certainly be almost impossible.

Any state government can do whatever it wants to your real property and there's little recourse. Which is why productive, long term investors have always avoided Nigeria. Which then leads to the perpetually lagging economy.

Be advised. Nobody owns any land in Nigeria. Sorry.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by dunski: 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Everything is not tribal!

You should telling people to always investigate and verify before purchasing lands.

You mentioned SS. I was with an oil company in Port Harcourt when the mile 3 road was expanded, do you know how many properties were consumed in that expansion! People were building houses without setbacks, and when the government came-in, everyone said the government was wicked!

Its not about location or anything! If you build against codes and restrictions anywhere in the world, your house will be demolished!

valid point.Just like Soludo demolished buildings in Anambra including Odumeje’s church

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Papayaayasager(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
There's a special place in hell for those hydraulic soup poeple.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by henrimoto(m): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
BOSSkesh:
It’s not tribalism
Theses houses do not have proper documentation
And built with substandard materials
Also the buildings aren’t properly planned and it’s built illegally
However the case, compensation is paid to ease the suffering
.. If you don't know much about the reason for the demolition,abeg, close your mouth. Stop saying what you don't know.

Which one be substandard materials? Which one be not properly planned...on the same paragraph? Where is the paid compensation?

Why e be say na after sanwo olu enter second tenure, this demolition begin?
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by todugo(m): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
Poor man pikin go think say the man dey lie
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Creditalerts: 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
U are a foolish man why not develop your state
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Peppysco: 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Many of you only read but cannot comprehend. The demolition was done by FHA, how you guys turned it to Lagos state government narrative is beyond my understanding. You even read where one of the affected landlords admitted to ignorantly building on a Federal government owned land and their numerous reconciliatory efforts with the FHA, yet, na Sanwo-Olu or Obasa be una problems.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by ade4real2016: 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
1TrippleCee:

May ya ignorance not lead ya to destruction...Better go back to elementary school n learn english grammar very well...Some made a statement that they built on a wrong location n you're here spitting rubbish...

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Jokky001: 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
Compensation for what? He should go and sue whoeverthat sold the land for him.
akingangan:
It's just an unfortunate situation. The government should not have let the construction get to that stage before doing something about it.

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Felaincarnated: 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wehrey don comment. No be government give am go ahead to build after findings
DDIA:
grin
kiss

Illegal development of Lagos grin
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Oyindamolah: 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Very sad and painful. put yourself in these people shoes.

Lasg will pretend to be blind until people invest their sweat in these projects,, they will now come later to pull it down. Na pure wickedness nothing more!

Why not stop or prevent them from working on the lands at all 🙁🙁

There are some areas in Ajah and Epe that people are buying with millions & it on the right of passage, when LASG decide to act, like hey shouldn't cry foul.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Raf4: 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
Blitzerz:
Start demolishing yoruba houses in other parts of the country

I trust Yoruba. They will not buy landed property that lacks proper title documents in other part of the country. Cutting corners always backfire.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Oyindamolah: 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaxxy:
I think it's unfair to demolish people's property without a fair hearing, proper investigation and possible compensation.

Nobody builds a property worth millions expecting it to be demolished.
Due diligence is very important in buying land.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
casualobserver:

Compensation for illegality? Who is compensating those whose houses are flooded every time it rains because you built on illegal drainage channels?

Like the commissioner said, you should be thankful the govt is not charging you for the equipment, labor and diesel to Tera your houses down as a result of you blocking the drainage channels.
budaatum:

You should expect your building worth billions to be pulled down if you built it illegally, and you should not be compensated for an illegal building, for that is like compensating you for being caught stealing.

who duty is it to giving building permits and C of o? Those the person manufacture those for himself?

That is why I said fair hearing, investigation and compensation.

Nobody builds illegally like that.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Oyindamolah: 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
akingangan:

As long as you have the right documents, yes!
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Due diligence is very important in buying land.

a property with building permit and c of o? we all know how corrupt lagos officials can be.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.