Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (58163 Views)

My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / My Family Has Been Scammed / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
HRMK:
there is no ignorance in law!let him take lagos government to court if he has valid papers!!
It's FHA (FG) that is demolishing the houses, just like Ajao estate, it's not the state govt.
Aside buildings with structural integrity, the only place Lagos State Govt has demolished of recent (after election) is on the Island, the one that happened in lekki (ikota)
This FHA demolition is moving to Gowon estate too soon, I passed there and noticed that so many buildings have been marked. Those ones too go start making noise that it's Lagos State when the demolition starts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Samade7: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
No matter what d case maybe, this is act of wickedness.......how would someone have mind n embark on demolition of people's properties. Not even huts o. Did dey mean lagos town planing was not aware when dey started the building till they completed it? God punish whoever dat give d directive.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Blitzerz: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2023
Raf4:

I trust Yoruba. They will not buy landed property that lacks proper title documents in other part of the country. Cutting corners always backfire.
You mean like Chicago state certificate abi cool

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Blitzerz: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2023
3ice9ce:

If they build on government land, demolish it.
If they don't build on government land and you demolish it, na to throw fire inside una warehouse for Lagos.
Una don already do that one for alaba several times....lol
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaxxy:

Lol see contradiction. So it is the building permit that is the issue now not the c of o?

and the c of o was given without verification of building permit from ministry of environment in lagos?
Lasg do not issue CofO on FG lands in the state, it's the Fed Min of Housing that issues it. To have a CofO, you must have an allocation.
From the report, you can see that the victim appears not to have an allocation, as he got the land from a 3rd party without allocation or Omo onile

3 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Shikena(m): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Even in your homeland, if you do not do proper verification, you can still fall in same shoes.

The point you should be emphasizing about is, doing due diligent investigations before venturing into real estate investment.
Very important anywhere you live.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by casualobserver: 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaxxy:

what do u mean by civil servants sold land illegally? and what do u mean by go and meet the person who gave u c of o?

Stop pretending as you don’t know civil servants are crooks. And don’t put words into my mouth. I said it is possible ( I am speculating) that a civil servant sold land (legally) knowing you can’t build on the land. Even if you have a c of o you cannot have a legitimate building permit over drainage/canal.

Bottom line is that you have seen that you need permits from the MOE to build near canals and evacuation drainages. You cannot build in such a place and claim you didn’t know it was a drainage/canal. Like I said if you have a legitimate c of o, your problem is with the agency that issued it to you, go and meet them. If you have a legitimate building permit over drainage/canal go and meet the agency that issued it to you….simple. Wike said: in Abuja there are plots of land that have 5 different CofOs!

It will be interesting to see of all the many homes demolished how many can actually with full chest challenge the LASG. If your papers are legit, just get a lawyer. Abi?

The commissioner for environment is a lawyer, he worked for one of the top law firms in Nigeria. He is telling you with chest on TV, not once, not twice, if you claim to have papers, go and meet the person who gave you papers, what does that tell you? He knows you have no leg to stand on. He knows 1) you don’t have any papers, 2) whatever papers you have ( if you have) you must have committed some illegality to obtain it. 3) your papers are forged.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
orikoku:
How can a reasonable person invested so much in such a house without government survey and building plans and c/o. That's foolishness.

Dem no dey hear word.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by gaskiyamagana: 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
Iamzik:

If they allow this one to slide, others will do worse. Demolition happens even in the east if you build illegal structure on government land. There is no political undertone anywhere. Houses belonging to yorubas were also demolished but na una people Sabi cry pass for social media.

In a bid to colonize Lagos your people are so desperate that they will pay dubiou omo onile just to answer Lagos landlord and claim that "we developed Lagos"

I'm sorry for their loss but the law is the law
DON'T WORRY. VERY SOON, OBI WILL COMPILE THEIR NAMES AND COMPENSATE THEM. I KNOW OBI FOR THAT, HE IS KIND AND GENEROUS.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Shikena(m): 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

It's FHA (FG) that is demolishing the houses, just like Ajao estate, it's not the state govt.
Aside buildings with structural integrity, the only place Lagos State Govt has demolished of recent (after election) is on the Island, the one that happened in lekki (ikota)
This FHA demolition is moving to Gowon estate too soon, I passed there and noticed that so many buildings have been marked. Those ones too go start making noise that it's Lagos State when the demolition starts

You won't hear them now!

I see those marks in several places and people won't say anything now, they simply ignore or start looking for who to bribe, until government decides to act. This is not restricted to Lagos, you see those marks everywhere and people simply ignore it claiming 'no law in Nigeria' until they suddenly have to face reality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
Samade7:
No matter what d case maybe, this is act of wickedness.......how would someone have mind n embark on demolition of people's properties. Not even huts o. Did dey mean lagos town planing was not aware when dey started the building till they completed it? God punish whoever dat give d directive.
It is kindness when Anambra,Kano or Abuja do it but wickedness when it is Lagos?

God will not punish anyone enforcing the law in Lagos state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by drololaaof: 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
yinkus6750:
Why build without proper documents and follow due process?
If you were on the right path, you could have sied the government.
You are blaming this man ,but you did not query Lagos state officials from Town planning to ALL officials in charge of building and monitoring unit .
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by blaise26abj(m): 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks

You were not confused when breaking the law . Now you are confused when the law caught up with you . Ignorance of the law is also not an excuse. The stupidity and crass disregard for laws by some people can be quite amazing . Not everyone that has money has sense . PAY professionals before you buy a land or house to make sure you don’t die of heart attack . How can you spend hundreds of millions without paying 500k to 1 million to check for authenticity ? Wallahi a fool is easily parted with his money .

NB- Na so one billionaire was killed like a fowl because he didn’t want to pay agency to his lawyer and chose to go and collect “cash” in a hotel room . A supposed billionaire o . Shish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Shikena(m): 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
When you are used to gaming the system, just know that one day will be one day and a Pharaoh will come that won't know Joseph. Just be aware of that fact. When we scream Karma, we should remember that Karma does not exclude us!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Shikena(m): 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
They should be made to pay the cost of demolition and clean up

1 Like

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by grandstar(m): 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
I am an estate agent.

Do proper findings before you purchase land. Conduct due diligence.

95% of these stories that touch could have been prevented if the society was not so lawless.

Also, it is not fair that those in the ministry that connived with the property owners are not brought to book.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by AuthorMan: 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

I am so sad about this, but if it's true that some Ethnic are targeted due to last election; u people went too far boasting LAGOS is no Man's Land , knowing u bought land with no proper DOCUMENTS... lesson for the Others.

This is why the pity I have for the demolition is reserved.
Lagos is a no man's land annoyed me during election.
I'm Yoruba but supported Obi.

You don't insult your landlord. If you do, you might have to pack out.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Landinvestments(m): 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
This is sad.
Lagos government please have mercy.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 8:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
Shikena:

You won't hear them now!

I see those marks in several places and people won't say anything now, they simply ignore or start looking for who to bribe, until government decides to act. This is not restricted to Lagos, you see those marks everywhere and people simply ignore it claiming 'no law in Nigeria' until they suddenly have to face reality.
Exactly. There is a govt acquisition in my area, it was during fashola time, they put a signboard at the bus stop to the area, and another where the land started from, people commot the two signboard dey buy and sell land dey go, the year Dem go come for Dem, Dem go dey shout.
One thing is, majority don't make effort to research the land nor believe in land documentation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by deenee: 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
No sentiments in this case.

People brought land. Went to state ministry of land to process C of O and they were told that the land belongs to the FHA.

Some cut their losses and moved on. Other felt they could bribe their way with money. Some bold ones decided to take the FHA to court.

The area in contention has been in court for over 5 years. Now my question is why proceed to refill and build on the land, when y'all are all clearly aware of the impending court case?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Collins4u1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
ntooooor!!!
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
drololaaof:

You are blaming this man ,but you did not query Lagos state officials from Town planning to ALL officials in charge of building and monitoring unit .
The land isn't under Lagos State Govt. They don't have control over it. The land is demolished by fg that owns it, not the state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by blaise26abj(m): 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:
Too bad

What kind of country is this for crying out loud, the government don't have human feelings (I'm home, come and carry me)

If at all, the property owners might have done the wrong thing, two wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day, they fit still use 10 years or more before they make use of that land piece....why? Why are we treating ourselves like this? There should always be a way of sorting this if it is compelling to demolish the structures abeg.

But one other thing, if this has political undertone, I won't personally forgive sanwoolu as much as I like him

Until you have to drive 100km to get to the hospital in an emergency because the government has human feelings and let people break laws . The guy admitted he doesn’t have the necessary papers and you are talking about human feelings . People build on canals that eventually causes flooding that kills people and people will start shouting at government . Later people will say nigeria is a jungle yet they themselves are advocates of illegality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Hawkler: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
Gajagojo:

It is kindness when Anambra, Kano, or Abuja do it but wickedness when it is Lagos?

God will not punish anyone enforcing the law in Lagos state
It happened in mostly metropolitan cities one should just pray he/she doesn't fall victim when acquiring a land. It like buying a dilapidated refurbished car no guarantee when traveling or parked.
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2023
deenee:
No sentiments in this case.

People brought land. Went to state ministry of land to process C of O and they were told that the land belongs to the FHA.

Some cut their losses and moved on. Other felt they could bribe their way with money. Some bold ones decided to take the FHA to court.

The area in contention has been in court for over 5 years. Now my question is why proceed to refill and build on the land, when y'all are all clearly aware of the impending court case?
God bless you for this. Some of them know but they felt money solves all things. I will bribe my way through mindset

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Gajagojo: 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
gannod:

If you read through my comment, I did not argue about whether they built legally or illegally. My point is, the government should temper judgement with mercy.
A very silly and brainless point.

Building on canal ways can cause flooding and damage to lives andproperty.
Enforcement of laws sends the right signal
Unnecessary sentiment sets wrong precedents
If you forgive Me A you must forgive Mr B and you have chaos
There is demolition going on in Anambra you didn't come out to beg for mercy then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Tzar(m): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
This is what the person meant… If you like diversify into 10 different illegal/unapproved investments, the result will be tears. But with even one properly thought out legal investment, you will be secure more.

1TrippleCee:

Dont know what you are talking about. I only advicated the need for portfolio diversification
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by soccerlite: 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
yinkus6750:
Why build without proper documents and follow due process?
If you were on the right path, you could have sied the government.

You mean someone who has spent 300m on a building will not want to get right document

Haba must you support evil in the name of tribalism

Or someone told you you are immune to evil

What goes around comes around
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by dinkyicon: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
Boyooosa:
Too bad

What kind of country is this for crying out loud, the government don't have human feelings (I'm home, come and carry me)

If at all, the property owners might have done the wrong thing, two wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day, they fit still use 10 years or more before they make use of that land piece....why? Why are we treating ourselves like this? There should always be a way of sorting this if it is compelling to demolish the structures abeg.

But one other thing, if this has political undertone, I won't personally forgive sanwoolu as much as I like him
can you do that in UK US Canada... Yet you want to do it in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by dinkyicon: 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

I am so sad about this, but if it's true that some Ethnic are targeted due to last election; u people went too far boasting LAGOS is no Man's Land , knowing u bought land with no proper DOCUMENTS... lesson for the Others.
nobody in his right sense will buy property without proper documentation and due diligence
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by dinkyicon: 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
soccerlite:

You mean someone who has spent 300m on a building will not want to get right document

Haba must you support evil in the name of tribalism

Or someone told you you are immune to evil

What goes around comes around

wtf are you saying? Can you try this shii in developed countries. You guy stop spoiling Nigeria. Stop. Spoiling lagos

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down / Cost Of Decking A Storey Building 2 Flats 3 Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.